[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
apple pencil
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: VEYYRl9.png (488 KB, 820x418) Image search: [Google]
VEYYRl9.png
488 KB, 820x418
Anyone got an apple pencil yet?
>>
>>2296804

>>>2294417
>>
>>2296804
Fuck off steve no one wants your shitty tool
>>
>>2296804
Which app is that?
>>
>>2296886
looks like medibang
>>
>>2296911
No no I think its lil-bang
>>
FURRY
>>
>>2296804
apple shills gtfo
hide and sage
>>
>>2297675
Apple pencil is the future. Wacom has lost half the market over night.

In a few months as the apps improve and big name artists really start showing off their work you'll see an avalanche of people switching over.
>>
>>2296804
Why would you buy an art device that can't even run Photoshop?
>>
>>2300665

We'll see.
I'm not jumping on the bandwagon while it's still mediocre. I see the appeal of it as a sketchbook but trying to do anything beyond sketches on it seems counterintuitive, and I'm not interested in spending a grand on an ipad pro and an apple pencil for a sketchbook when I have a sketchbook.
>>
>>2300665
As much as I want Wacom to have competition so their products are better, why would a big name artist use an apple pencil when they have a perfectly good 3000 dollar cintiq with a huge display and a better pen?
>>
>>2300688
exactly this.
I'm actually considering getting the m3 Surface Pro 4, since it's cheaper and provides me with a computer in addition to a sketchbook
>>
>>2301147
My M3 SP4 was delivered today

Installing Photoshop now, will let you know how it performs
>>
>>2301149
oooh, please do! Also manga studio
>>
>>2300668

If you need photoshop to produce digital art then you need to brush up on your skills.

OP, don't have it or the iPad pro. Giving it some time and waiting for more reviews from artists.
>>
>>2304086
This is unemployed think.

Round brush is all you need to paint too, but youre fucking out of your mind if you think I'm going to do it out of pride. I have deadlines and a pipeline and this isnt art its a job ffs
>>
File: image.jpg (732 KB, 1308x1622) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
732 KB, 1308x1622
I got an iPad pro but no pencil yet. I got to try it in store tho and found it was very similar to cintiq except the surface is slippery which is kinda annoying.

I am excited about getting the penci thol, it seems like a very fun device to play with ( tilting is great, it's interesting to use because it's like a crayon not a pen)

I was gonna get a surface for a digital sketch-ad but I already have a laptop and desktop for work, so I picked iPad because I read that people say it's slightly better to draw on.

I think the biggest thing that will keep this as just a sketching device and not for pro work is that there are no buttons and shortcuts, so anything more than a sketch or simple color is tedious. No 3D or vector either.
>>
>>2304091

I'm an RN, art is my outside of work hobby, just as it is for most of the people that frequent /ic/

You should have mentioned it was from the perspective of a full time job artist with a mountain of deadlines. Most people getting this won't be professionals like you, and the ones that are will be using this more for side projects and not their top priorities, those people more than likely make enough that getting an "art device without full photoshop" isn't going to cripple them and the lack of photoshop won't deter them from producing fantastic pieces.

It's understandable that not having a complete photoshop program on it would deter you, given the nature of your job and based off your post the free time you have to indulge in art outside of work appears to be small.

For the average artist, not a top tier professional with deadlines such as yourself, it seems like a good device. The price is a bit high, but applications like Procreate seem good enough that a lack of complete photoshop shouldn't be an issue to most.
>>
Can Procreate perform functions equivalent to the eye-dropper tool in Photoshop? If so, then I don't see why colouring would be tedious
>>
>>2304186
Because there are no buttons you have to hold and then get the color you want which i found annoying. You have to constantly peck at things like brush size and opacity.

Plus, muh brushes.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.