[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fell for the ipad pro / ipencil meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
File: apple-iphone-6s-live-_0824.0.jpg (89 KB, 1320x881) Image search: [Google]
apple-iphone-6s-live-_0824.0.jpg
89 KB, 1320x881
Tried out this shit at the apple store after weeks of "HURR IT REPLACED MY CINTIQ DURRR". Are you trolls even trying anymore? This shit is straight up GARBAGE. Pen is absolute crap, apps are absolute crap.

I don't even know what to say but this meme needs to end now. There's like 1-2 trolls spreading these lies.
>>
It is a lie spread by filthy casual who don't care about using inferior device. Unless you're the "idea" guy and only thing you need is sketchbook
>>
I have a bamboo from wacom and while it works great I don't like how frictionless it is. When you draw with a pen or pencil there's a little bit of friction that I'm used to while guiding my pen. With the tablet it's just gliding on it. Any tips or trick?
>>
>>2294434
Did you try placing a paper on top of it?
>>
>>2294434
get an intuos 4 or above
>>
File: Photo-Nov-21,-2-20-04-PM.jpg (308 KB, 1334x1000) Image search: [Google]
Photo-Nov-21,-2-20-04-PM.jpg
308 KB, 1334x1000
>>2294417
it depends on your workflow and skill level - just like many of the other apple products

If you are entry level and enjoy other iOS products, then the pencil fits into the ecosystem as you expect.

Just like how iOS caters well to first time smart phone users (like old people and children), the pencil lowers the barrier for entry level digital artists.

>apps are absolute crap
This is partially true. Notes as the built in drawing app can be cringe worthy (pic related is a study I drew in notes), but the multitouch in Procreate is pretty stellar.

If it disturbs you that a bunch of moms and hobbyists are going to start labeling themselves as digital artists, I can't really help you with that concern.

FWIW I am pretty much the target consumer for the pencil, since I like the iPad and I like to draw, but I couldn't cross the barrier into digital - so you may disregard my opinion as you see fit
>>
>>2294501
looks like absolute shit
>>
File: 1442884957972.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1442884957972.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>apple
>absolute fuckboi garbage
pick two
>>
File: Photo-Nov-21,-2-20-33-PM.jpg (203 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
Photo-Nov-21,-2-20-33-PM.jpg
203 KB, 750x1000
>>2294513
>looks like absolute shit
pretty sure that has more to do with my skill level than with the tools

last one then I am abandoning thread because I feel that nothing constructive is going to develop from this conversation
>>
>>2294417
I'm so happy to hear this. <3
>>
>>2294520
its completely unimpressive, especially for a $900 digital device. You might as well have drawn with a crayon on a piece of printer paper
>>
>>2294564

The pencil isn't $900, so saying it costs that much is as retarded as factoring a PC into the price for a drawing tablet.

If you use the ipad for things other than drawing, the investment in the pencil for what you can get out of it seems worthwhile to me. Since I already have a drawing tablet and I own a nexus 7 from years ago I'm probably not going to bother, but still.
>>
All Apple products are overpriced garbage for rich yuppie morons.

Posted with my iphone 6.
>>
>>2294587

Time to step up to the 6s, plebatron2000.
>>
>>2294501
>but I couldn't cross the barrier into digital

How do you figure that? You sound like a bit of an Apple fanboy.
>>
>>2294587
10 years ago called, it wants its news back.
>>
File: CantDiscardFastEnough.jpg (125 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
CantDiscardFastEnough.jpg
125 KB, 800x800
>>2294501
> I'm a big fucking shill, Disregard my shitpinion.
>>
>>2295900
I hate sitting at the computer. I spend 8 hrs a day at the computer at work, I couldn't force myself to log in another 3-4 hrs at home.

The decoupling of the hand and eye on the tablet had a steep learning curve for me. I had a hard time inking digitally, which is an activity that I really enjoy traditionally. Making strokes at odd angles was also challenging, I am used to just rotating the paper.

Also PS is full featured, and because I am entry level, there are way too many knobs to turn that I don't understand. I feel like I only use 6% of PS. Procreate runs at more my speed where I am using and understand probably 50% of the features. Notes is a little too stripped down...

At the end of the day, the simplicity of just having pen and paper always wins, but the pencil at least lowers the initial requirements to learning digital. I don't need a desk, chair, monitor, keyboard, or cables. I was very close to getting a Surface pro or surface book, I just didn't want too many gadgets around the house since I would probably only use it for drawing.

>You sound like a bit of an Apple fanboy.
This is the most hurtful feedback I've ever gotten from /ic/. I hate people who swear by Apple products. Everyone has different needs and workflows. I was just offering my experience since it doesn't seem like many people have had a chance to use it intimately.
>>
>>2295920
All fair points, sorry I hurt your feelings anon.
>>
>>2295920
I'm always liked the idea of an iPad with a good stylus. I've never wanted an iPad up to now.
So if I were to get one, it would basically be a digital sketch pad. I can't justify the cost. If I get a Surface Pro I could get by without anyting else while im abroad
>>
>>2296356
>If I get a Surface Pro I could get by without anyting else while im abroad
The surface Pro is piss poor. Get a surface Book.
>>
on that note, the surface pro is also complete shit, don't believe the shilling
>>
>>2296368
>Surface Book
No

>>2296391
What's a better alternative senpai?
>>
>>2296429
>No
why, senpai?
>>
>>2296368
isn't the surface book more intended to be used as a laptop with the tablet mode only secondary? i think the battery life of the tablet section is less than than the surface pro as well, so it would be sort of like paying for an egpu that you're mostly not going to use that also houses a good chunk of the battery.
>>
>>2294417
dummy, you just need to microwave it for 30 seconds to increase the sensitivity
>>
>>2294417
What kind of idiot uses Apple products for anything, especially art?
>>
>>2296391
Try the Samsung Series 7 if you can find one. Best thing I've ever laid hands on.
>>
>>2296745
>it costs more! So you know it's good!
>>
>>2296746
>samshit
>>
>>2294520
Holyshit this is great
With a few line cleanings it could be put straight into rendering
>>
>>2296933
I can't vouch for any other Samsung shit, but that tablet PC kicks ass. I don't know why there aren't more tablet PCs on the market.
>>
I tried out the Pencil today and I thought it felt pretty gud.
Still deciding between an iPP and an SP4 m3. Leaning towards SP4
>>
Is the Wacom companion hybrid worth it ?
>>
>>2298659
well it runs android. I don't even know if they supported it with the latest version of android. And as far as I know, there aren't really any great art apps for android
>>
>>2298834
There is a Windows version, the app market for Windows is weak but wouldn't that mean you could use stuff like Paint tool SAI and such ?
>>
>>2297276
Problem with normal PC tablets is they heat up easily, even my S4 feels like it's going to melt after 10 minutes of video or gameplay.
>>
>>2298986
Mine gets hit after an hour or three of Photoshop, but I also have it running like 12 hours a day.
>>
>>2298975
The Windows version is just called the Companion, not the Companion Hybrid. Yes, the Windows version would run SAI
>>
>>2294417
Why the hell would anyone buy this oversized smartphone garbage when they could buy a Surface and run Windows 10?
>>
>>2299110
Because it's Apple Anon! Literally the only reason.
>>
>>2294576
Right, it's $99

But doesn't it only work with the iPad Pro, which starts at $800?
>>
>>2299401
Yup. He was trying2troll
>>
Why am I considering an Ipad over a surface, guys?

I know it sounds stupid as hell, but I would only ever use it for drawing and painting. I have never owned an Ipad or tablet computer in my life, so I'm wondering why I find this to be such a difficult decision.

Tilt and battery life is Apples favor right?
>>
>>2299426
Go to the mall and try out both. Usually the microsoft store is right next to teh apple store
>>
Most of the people in this thread have never used the tools to even compare.
They all have various drawbacks, there is no perfect tool for every workflow.
It's far too early to disregard the pencil. The software isn't professional level yet but it's only going to get better.
ipp+pencil beats everything below the $2000 mark from Wacom. The surface is only good because it can run Windows apps at the expense of battery life and portability.
Adobe intentionally crippled their apps as to not cut into their bottom line.
Wait for the software, it's only a matter of time before Apple takes over another market.
>>
>>2299457
>ipp+pencil beats everything below the $2000 mark from Wacom
even a used intuos 3 12x9 and a scanner for linework is a better combination. Total cost maybe $200
>>
>>2299110
But no one is buying the surface and artists are not seriously considering it the way they are excited about the pencil.
>>
>>2299464
Even gabe from PA uses a surface
>>
>>2299426
It's not a difficult decision

You either buy the one that can run Photoshop and all the other software you know and love, or you buy the one that can run Angry Birds and shitty generic doodling apps
>>
>>2299463
this. Sure, you're not drawing on the screen, but the software+enormous functional superiority of the Wacom tablet make it worth the saved money to learn to just deal with the visual disconnect. I'm already over it, so it's no-brainer for me.

actually my dad made a joke about getting me IPP+pencil for christmas and I had to stop him to explain that A. He seriously shouldn't spend that much on me, and B. if for some insane reason he wanted to, buy a used Wacom instead and short bitcoin with the rest of it.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.