[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ink general #1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7
the inktober threads didn't have that much live in them, so this might not kickoff but we can atleast try. btw here is the last inktober thread, where it also started the idea of this general >>>2270572

post your ink works, of any kind, as long they are done in ink. pens, as well as digital, counts too. fell free to discus any ink related stuff, but do not turn the thread in a kjg (like I saw in the last past few days)/ shitpost fest, or at least do it moderately

while we are at it, we could make a list of links and stuff for each ink general to start with
>>
File: Fotografie-0010.jpg (308 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
Fotografie-0010.jpg
308 KB, 700x525
let's see if I can move my lazy ass to fill this page today, I know I tend to
>>
>digital counts too
>>2287634
>this post

>this thread
>>
Best pen reporting
>>
I just fucking love nibs and i search a lot of ebay for some old nibs
>>
File: Fotografie-0012.jpg (705 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
Fotografie-0012.jpg
705 KB, 1000x750
>>2287634
still enough space to go around but I might have to leave home soon, and since I ripe apart the pages after I am done with them...
>>
>>2287650
>>2287653
I am new to inking and I used just brush pens so far, how do those compare with them?
>>
>>2287708
whats the toxic pink tool?
>>
>>2287792
it's this http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001UNCZ9K?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

and it works well with black on top of it, like a inking after inking, but I don't have anything to show now since I destroy all the paper (not worth saving them yet), maybe tomorrow I will remember to draw like that to show you what I am talking about

also pretty much everything draw in pink is kind of interesting, I also have a red pen and sketch digitally in pink sometimes. recommend everybody to try to switch from black to pink for at least a day
>>
>>2287809
looks rather nice, ive seen the pentel brushes mentioned here before but never used one myself
>>
what is a good brush pen?
>>
>>2287824
even the bad ones tend to be good
>>
>>2287819
something which I wish somebody would have told me, is that, just the pocket version is water prof. I have bough a set of watercolors to go with my first brush pens, but they would just make a mess. so I like to combine the pentel pocket brush pen with the pink and grey version of what I've shown you, and with watercolors

I get to use rarely now the black "normal" pentel brush pen, since I might want later on too add colors

btw, a question for somebody who knows. I'm interested to try out isograph, but I heard you need to hold them perpendicular on the paper, won't that make harder to see where you are drawing?
>>
>>2287824
one which doesn't consume it's tip/ ink after a week of use. so unless you want to try out for the first time for cheap, don't go after a disposable one
>>
>>2287824
Pentel Pocket Brush pen seems to be the most popular one. There is a brush pen sampler set on Jet Pens that contains 5 pens including the Pentel one.
>>
File: zebra mapping.jpg (10 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
zebra mapping.jpg
10 KB, 355x355
>>2287650
>Best pen
Try again
>>
>>2287785
definitely harder to start/get to an intermediate level with. Harder to master, eh not sure. I've seen some pretty crazy brushwork but its comparatively super rare.

Dip pens require that you only pull, and rotate your wrist/the page for direction variance, else it all goes straight to hell in a second.

>>2287889
you just can't handle the flexy variance of the 101. But for real i couldn't find any example lines for the zebra. Care to share?
>>
Just noticed this thread.

I have a bunch of rapidographs that I left unused for years with caked on ink and stuff, is there any way to salvage them?

Also, best refillable brush pen?
>>
File: Fotografie-0013.jpg (697 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
Fotografie-0013.jpg
697 KB, 1000x750
here's today work so far

>>2287792
>and it works well with black on top of it

aaaaaaaand here's a shitty example like i said yesterday I will deliver, small too

>>2288590
>Also, best refillable brush pen?

I don't have experience with many, just those in pic related. from left to right:

>pentel pocket brush pen
+water proof ink, works well with watercolors or other brush pens
+resistant like an average pen so you can hold it in your pocket or just trow it in your bag without worries
+can be refilled, with your own inks or with disposable cartridges bought from pentel
-I heard most inks clog the pen so you have to take care what you use
-just one color, black
+/-constant ink flow

>pentel brush pen
-ink not water proof, it's gets muddy with watercolors no matter how much you wait to dry, you have to wait to dry if you use it in combination with other brush pens
-the upper half of body is a little squishy so it can be damaged by sharp objects
+can be refilled, with your own inks or with disposable cartridges bought from pentel
-I heard most inks clog the pen so you have to take care what you use
+I think there are 12 colors you can choose from
-/+ the ink flow is not constant, but you can control it. pressing on the cartridge will fill some rings between it and the tip, when all the rings are full you have a very wet brush, when they are clean, a dry brush, and everywhere in between

>uniball white pen
+good for highlights

and
>I'm interested to try out isograph, but I heard you need to hold them perpendicular on the paper, won't that make harder to see where you are drawing?
>>
I have been using Gillot 068A and 404. How are these compared to Hunt?
>>
>>2288655
well the pink example is a bit shitty, but the car is rather dope
>>
File: Fotografie-0014.jpg (725 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
Fotografie-0014.jpg
725 KB, 1000x750
wish I wasn't the single one posting in here drawings
>>
>>2289895
I would but im an absolute beginner. Youll just get scribbles from pen nibs and brushes for now.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.