[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Draw a Box??? www.drawabox .com
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: logo.png (6 KB, 152x76) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
6 KB, 152x76
Thoughts on Draw a Box???

www.drawabox .com
>>
Okay, this is my last reply to this thread, because all of the criticism made me realize something.
/ic/ just isn't the place for me.
Whilst the people here draw really great art, they're also extremely critical and whilst that's good to improve, I mean how are you meant to improve if everyone keeps silent about something bad...eh, how do I put this...the animation done here is also very well made. As >>2280760 noted me to, animation on the actual animation thread is very well done, despite obviously looking a little sketchy. But it's smooth, it's interesting to look at, it's...well animated. But from what I've noticed, this isn't a place about anything to do with Adobe Flash. It's what I make most of my art and animation in, and it's what I'm most comfortable with. But from what I see, the stuff made here is far from being made in Flash. It's more pencil and paper and maybe some SAI or whatever whilst mine is...just lines and a laptop mouse(laptop mice are shit, and I'd love to use my drawing tablet, but not only can't I not have access to it until tomorrow, it doesn't work on this laptop.). /ic/ isn't the place for things made in Flash. It's not for very very early beginners. I can assure you that if Jonochrome asked for people's opinion on his art in Riddle School, many people would've hated it(assuming he just made it and it's of the same quality of the original.). So I thank some of you for the help, and maybe when I get better, I'll see you all in my next thread.
Also, to all who told me to kill myself or stop, fuck you. Also, >>2280796 , thanks for the advice, but I'm not attempting to make something realistic and something with a lot of detail. I'm just trying to make something that people can look at and enjoy what they saw. But I obviously had flaws and decided /ic/ would be the best place to ask, not realizing their standards. So I'm not going to study any skeletons or try to go beyond the mile. I'm just trying to improve my....dare I say this....style.
>>
>>2284155
Go back to rebbit, you stupid bitch
>>
>>2284158
rude
>>
>>2284157
No one cares, no need to say goodbye or final words. You wont be missed, so...
>>
>>2284155
Tried it, but I couldn't stand the repetitive, tedious bullshit you're asked to go through just to get started.
>>
>>2284155
It's alright?
The dude isn't great but the structure it provides is nice.
>>
>>2284155
He's a kid teaching other kids, what would expect?
>>
I thought Feng Zhu got students to do the exact same exercise.

Most of the lesson seem based on Scott Robertson books.
>>
>>2284157
Who cares? Fuck off.
>>
>>2284599

From the website:

"When studying at Concept Design Academy in Pasadena, California, I was taught exercises and approaches to drawing that simply made sense. Everything was logical and clear, and each step served a purpose.

Now, I'd like to share what I learned with you. I will not guarantee a first class education - my lessons are based on my interpretations of things I learned from my instructors (Peter Han, Kevin Chen, James Paick and John Park) and include my own insights as well as my own misinterpretations. I emphasize concepts that I find valuable, and skip over parts that I find distracting."

The lessons seem to focus primarily on Peter Han's Dynamic Sketching material.
>>
>>2284604
Jelly much?
:^)
>>
>>2284614
Funny, I passed by that school today.
>>
File: 1432324024907.jpg (194 KB, 756x972) Image search: [Google]
1432324024907.jpg
194 KB, 756x972
>>2287492

on your way to your job at mc donalds?
>>
>>2284155

Im at lesson 7/8 myself now and the course has helped me a lot. It's definitely worth a shot if you havent developed your own analytic approach to drawing yet.
Dont forget to post your homework assignements on his subreddit since you dont want to develop bad habits at the core already.

Its free aswell for those that do not know.
>>
>Something went wrong, the website you're looking for is probably in the process of restarting. Try again in a few minutes.

Simply epic
>>
It's pretty decent, I'm gonna follow it
what I see everywhere is that art teaching is millenniums behind professional sports, where not only solid and tested techniques are teached and trained effectively, but (on top) coaching also covers the mindset flaws and personal experiences to make sure the player is growing as an athlete
we don't have any shit like that and most the time for artists it's single player, full hermit :/

and the internet does not patch that shit

I might be burning out too much lately, even if I know I've progressed and matured my learning a ton
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.