[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So recently I made a slow but sure transitions from Stickmen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11
File: Ethan.png (20 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
Ethan.png
20 KB, 600x350
So recently I made a slow but sure transitions from Stickmen to Humans. And since the people here seem pretty good at art(and yet humungous dicks), I thought I'd ask you all 3 questions.
1) Which of these 4 styles do you prefer?
2) How could I improve on this?
3) Why the fuck are hands so hard to draw?
(inb4 "fag" "kill urself" "this is shit" comments)
>>
File: 1444773623826.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1444773623826.jpg
64 KB, 1280x720
>>2280579

Stop projecting Ethan Saberi.
>>
kill urself fag this is shit pls go read this sticky and learn to draw
>>
>>2280582
Called it
>>
I dont like any of them. The first two look lazy and sloppy but the last two are so stiff and uniform and boring. I guess i would have to go with 1 but they are all flat and plain as shit at the moment
>>
>>2280579
If you somehow aren't trolling, here's what you've done wrong with this post:

1. You made your own thread. This belongs in the beginner thread. When in doubt, use an existing thread rather than making your own.

2. You clearly have no idea what you're doing, yet you're concerned about "style". On /ic/, that's a big no-no.

3. You posted shit art, knowing that it was shit. If you share your work on /ic/, it should be your best work. If your best work is complete shit, then you should only share it if you're providing an example of where you're at so that others can guide you.

Now, if you really want advice, here are two decent options:

A. Read and follow the sticky. Some people swear by it, but for others it doesn't work at all.

B. Personally, I recommend working through You Can Draw in 30 Days as a starting point. You're obviously a complete beginner, so that book will work as a good starting point to get you ready for other books.

Draw every day, have fun, and never give up. You will improve if you put in the time and effort to do so.
>>
>>2280589
This, though im a little unsure a book with an absurd title like 'You Can Draw in 30 Days' is any good.
>>
File: APeacefulSunset.png (51 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
APeacefulSunset.png
51 KB, 550x400
>>2280589
0.5) No, not trolling.
1) woops
2) I'll bring this up later, but for now, let's just say I'm not a person that has no idea what he's doing.
3) Yeah, I guess that I rushed this to give people something to go by for a basic of my art. This is definitely far from my best work. The picture next/to the top of this text is my best work so far.
A) Okay.
B) I'll check it out, but...even though this may sound completely stupid, and as I said I'd bring up in 2)...I'm not a complete beginner. Far from it. I began doing Flash stuff for Stickman 2 years ago and only this August/September did I begin experimenting with humans. Say whatever you want about that, but maybe I'm just afraid to try new things, maybe I'm just lazy, or maybe I'm just trying to reach an ambition that I just...can't.
Either way, thank you for the advice. I'll make sure it's put at the top of my notes so I'll remember it for a while.
>>
>>2280623
>I'm not a complete beginner. Far from it.
No. You are an complete beginner at this.
>>
>>2280579
This is literally kodyboy tier. Holy shit. Please be bait.
>>
>>2280633
Well okay, in terms of art, yes, I'm highly likely a complete beginner. In terms of time spent doing it, I'm far from a beginner.
>>2280641
nope
>>
>>2280623
>2) I'll bring this up later, but for now, let's just say I'm not a person that has no idea what he's doing.
Yeah, let's just assume you're bad for now. Because clearly, that's not the apparent truth.

Try walking under a moving bus, it should solve your current drawing issues.
>>
>>2280623
you've been wasting your time for 2 years doing absolutely no progress.
>>
>>2280648
Wait you mean to say you've spent more than 5 minutes total drawing? I'm not sure you realize this, so I'll just suggest you to take a look at the doodles of the nearest year old kid you see.
>>
>>2280641
That's an insult to kodyboy. Hes much better than op.
>>
>>2280623

Matey... you are not even a beginner. Look at this from the beginner thread

>>>2279618
>>>2279560
>>>2279596

This is the level you have to reach before you get to call yourself a "beginner". I'm a beginner, you are clearly still a good ways off.

Although the most helpful step for you to become a beginner would probably to realize how far you have yet to go to get there. As long as you are content with where you are now, you're not going to progress...
>>
File: Thing.webm (684 KB, 1484x1080) Image search: [Google]
Thing.webm
684 KB, 1484x1080
...honestly, I don't even know if this was the correct place to ask about my art anymore. I mean, maybe for animation standards, what I do is alright, but for plain old art standards? The standards are bigger, and make my art look absolutely horrendous. Maybe I was thinking the standards for regular art is the same as a regular animation frame. That's clearly not the case now. I think I'll stop with the help now. I clearly asked the wrong area.
>>2280659
>I'll just suggest you to take a look at the doodles of the nearest year old kid you see.

I couldn't resist making a short thing about this
>>
>>2280753

nah, you are just extremely deluded about what the standard for animation is. Your animation is BARELY at an acceptable level for "lol random internet shit asdfmovie youtubepoop". No animation studio in the world would accept your stuff, not even the low-brow low-budget ones. Probably not even random youtubers who need an intro for their channel with five hundred subscribers.

Check out these beginners from the animation thread on /ic/:

>>>2280176
>>>2276734
>>>2275635

These are just as much beyond your level as the ones in the beginner thread.

Or check out the "Critique" and "Sharing" categories on reddit.com/r/animation .
>>
>>2280753
hehe, I like that thing you made.

I think /ic/ is not the right place for you. From what I can tell you seem to be one of those artists that isn't actually an artist and is a writer. Take cyanide and happiness as an example, nobody is really a fan of their art or drawing style, they really suck at it. Their popularity comes from the excellent writing and comedy.

maybe /lit/ or /tv/ would be able to give you more valuable feedback on whatever it is you do, but yeah you're going to get a lot of negativity here when you ask for crit specifically on the art. If what you do doesn't need detailed, well drawn art and all you want to do is make people laugh or tell a story then your drawings are fine and do the job. But don't expect people to be ever be impressed by your art alone.
>>
>>2280766
> samefagging this hard
>>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Kill yourself desu
>>
>>2280777
How about no
>>
>>2280753
ANIMATION STANDARDS.

lmfao PLEES NO OH GOD.
as a professional animator, pls stop or git seriously. animation is something that art can form. You need the art first not the other way around.
>>
>>2280766
>all you want to do is make people laugh or tell a story

You've described me perfectly. What I strive for in making animations is making people laugh. I'm not one to tell a story, but I would try to. And to be honest, it kindof shows. Whenever I make an animation, even though it's mostly disliked, most of their dislike was because of how bad the animation was. I don't know how to make a conclusion to this so instead I'll just think of a dog

Aw thats a cute dog

Oh god I made it kill itself
>>
>>2280768
yeah really jesus FAK

>>2280579
you are either bait/troll or if serious; all the styles are pretty garbage. Start drawing people from life, study anatomy (the skeleton and muscles) so understand people. orrrr... >>2280582
>>
Okay, this is my last reply to this thread, because all of the criticism made me realize something.
/ic/ just isn't the place for me.
Whilst the people here draw really great art, they're also extremely critical and whilst that's good to improve, I mean how are you meant to improve if everyone keeps silent about something bad...eh, how do I put this...the animation done here is also very well made. As >>2280760 noted me to, animation on the actual animation thread is very well done, despite obviously looking a little sketchy. But it's smooth, it's interesting to look at, it's...well animated. But from what I've noticed, this isn't a place about anything to do with Adobe Flash. It's what I make most of my art and animation in, and it's what I'm most comfortable with. But from what I see, the stuff made here is far from being made in Flash. It's more pencil and paper and maybe some SAI or whatever whilst mine is...just lines and a laptop mouse(laptop mice are shit, and I'd love to use my drawing tablet, but not only can't I not have access to it until tomorrow, it doesn't work on this laptop.). /ic/ isn't the place for things made in Flash. It's not for very very early beginners. I can assure you that if Jonochrome asked for people's opinion on his art in Riddle School, many people would've hated it(assuming he just made it and it's of the same quality of the original.). So I thank some of you for the help, and maybe when I get better, I'll see you all in my next thread.
Also, to all who told me to kill myself or stop, fuck you. Also, >>2280796 , thanks for the advice, but I'm not attempting to make something realistic and something with a lot of detail. I'm just trying to make something that people can look at and enjoy what they saw. But I obviously had flaws and decided /ic/ would be the best place to ask, not realizing their standards. So I'm not going to study any skeletons or try to go beyond the mile. I'm just trying to improve my....dare I say this....style.
>>
File: 1446578700390.jpg (10 KB, 456x384) Image search: [Google]
1446578700390.jpg
10 KB, 456x384
>>2280807

this one's going in the bank nigga
>>
>>2280807
can this be a new pasta
>>
File: 1446009069033.png (117 KB, 401x303) Image search: [Google]
1446009069033.png
117 KB, 401x303
if I had to pick one, number three. That face, however, is impassable no matter how you draw it. I think there's a thread on /co/ for character design. Speaking of character design, all your silhouettes are the same and they're all shit. This might have been acceptable on newgrounds 8 years ago but the standard's far above that now, anon.

As for hands - have you ever tried to draw a realistic, un-stylised hand? They're as complex as you make them, man.

I also support making that last reply a pasta.
>>
>>2280807
If that """"""""""""""""animation"""""""""""""""" is the best you can do after two years, then you should be ashamed. A monkey smearing shit on paper would probably improve its technique more than you in the same time and might actually make something worth looking at.
>>
>>2280807
Haha oh my fucking god
>>
File: 1417969020949.jpg (69 KB, 498x482) Image search: [Google]
1417969020949.jpg
69 KB, 498x482
>>2280807
>>
>>2280807
At the very least learn decent design. I mean youll be learning half the same shit that makes your art look better just without all that construction and anatomy. And yes, the art in Riddle School is objectively shit, but if it makes you feel any better your not that far off.
>>
>>2280753
>maybe for animation standards, what I do is alright

No. Stop.
>>
10/10
Ebin troll
/ic/ trolled hard
>>
>>2280807
>A: Hey, I want to build a tiny, cool boat!
>B: Oh, you should study up on how boats are built then!
>A: Nono, I just want to build a cool boat!
>B: A boat is more than just the hull tho-
>A: A COOL BOAT, I DONT NEED TO KNOW HOW A BOAT WORKS TO MAKE A BOAT
>>
>>2280753
>animation standards
>that piece of shit
Yeah you're trolling. No way you could be this fucking deluded.
>>
>>2280807
and this, ladies is gentlemen, is how those who never improve come to be.
>>
>>2280880
>BUT IT'S A STYLISH BOAT SO THERE ARE NO STANDARDS FOR STYLE, LET ME MAKE IT IT'LL WORK BECAUSE IT'S A STYLE
>>
Autism is a beautiful thing lads
>>
>>2282005
>lads

yeah you would know
>>
>>2282026
what point are you trying to make?
>>
File: 1434508549254.png (1 MB, 919x675) Image search: [Google]
1434508549254.png
1 MB, 919x675
>>2282026
I'm not a yank mate, i'm allowed to say it
>>
>>2282033
Cock an ear, pardner.
I shure as heck hope you don't daggone think that it makes you look like the rootin' tootin' cleverest fox in the henhouse cause i'll be a biscuit in the coals before I let you cover this board in yer teatalk deeper'n a mouse in a cowpat, you yellowbellied limey lizard.
>>
>>2282044
enjoy getting shot XD

but serious tho, whats this semen demon >>2282026 getting at?
>>
>>2280623
>I began doing Flash stuff for Stickman 2 years ago and only this August/September did I begin experimenting with humans

You wasted your life

/thread
>>
To be frank, you can't draw yet. Not by a long shot. Don't worry about style. You literally cannot have a style if you can't draw. Style is only something you achieve once you actually know what you're doing and often times, you don't' consciously choose your style, it's just the way you naturally interpret the world around you.

All that said, start practicing with anatomy. Turn those stick men into real looking drawings of people.
>>
>>2280579
i hate you op. i hate you because your shit work reminds me of myself. fuck you.
>>
>>2284850
this
>>
This is so shit I actually want you to stay, please come back
>>
>>2280579
post your Stickmen stuff
>>
File: lachn chingonghon.jpg (8 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
lachn chingonghon.jpg
8 KB, 276x183
>>2280807
kek, thanks for the laugh
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.