[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Orthodox Jew, AMA. I'm not *extremely* knowledgeable, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 26
Orthodox Jew, AMA. I'm not *extremely* knowledgeable, but I know more than the average Jew posting on anonymous Chinese message boards. They tend to believe all sorts of weird things that are alien to Jewish tradition. Like Zionism
>>
>>422287
Why don't you accept Jesus Christ?
>>
>>422287
Are you this guy? >>414642
>>
>>422290
Even if Christianity was true (Which it isn't, and Im able to prove it) beyond a shadow of a doubt), there is no way to know if any of it is true because its all based on hearsay from at most a handful of witnesses. We can't even know for a fact if Jesus even said anything that he did in the NT for that reason.

When you are ready for the truth, you should listen to the lectures of Rabbi Toviah Singer, on youtube.

>>422302
No
>>
>>422287
where's the gold
>>
>>422290
Also you should know that the Codex vaticanus, codex sinaiticus (4th century) and Codex alexandrius (5th century) all have the phrase in I John 5:7-8 "For these are the three that bear record in heaven, the father, the word, and the holy Spirit, and these are one" missing.

And Im supposed to believe this is the authentically preserved "word of God?"
>>
>>422287

Are you still seeing that prostitute?
>>
>>422340
>>>/pol/

Meme posts go here.
>>
>>422349
What do you make of /pol/, anyway? Do you just laugh at them?
>>
>>422346
Last time I went was like a month ago. Went to a different place, one that has younger girls, though Im not going there again because those fucking fobs keep asking for over 25 dollars for tip. Like what the fuck. The other chick, her name is May, shes a sweetheart, though.

I hate my life.
>>
>>422326
Couldn't the same argument be used against Judaism? After all, it's not like Adam and Eve wrote Genesis. It's hearsay.
>>
>>422358
Either they are an SJW normie, or they're some paranoid autistic nigga. 4chan in general is shit. I only come here for the funny pictures of frogs and sometimes there are interesting discussions.
>>
>>422359

And are you making sure they observe the Niddah laws?
>>
>>422361
No. These videos explains why that is factually incorrect:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEg_Oys4NkA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4OzkVQte6g

For that to be true, you need to empirically show me where "the tradition was lost then later relaunched" and you have to explain how in thousands upon thousands of pages of Talmud and Midrash, why that detail is not accounted for when the whole Talmud is filled with minute details that rationally a person wouldn't think about, especially if its some bogus thing that you just made up. The fact is, there is no gap, and we are part of an unbroken chain of Torah transmission, and because that chain is unbroken, that is why we know Judaism is true, because at the top of our chain are our own grandparents who witnessed God, then told their kids. If that wasn't true, our tradition would say "First there was Moses, then a gap, then someone relaunched the religion." Thats not what we say. We say "First there were our grandparents, and they told us what happened to them, and thats why, my son, we know our religion is true and we don't just blindly believe without proof."
>>
>>422374
The laws of niddah only apply to Israelite women.
>>
>>422395

They also apply to the men of Israel who are sleeping with any woman who has become Niddah. Vayikra 15:19 and on for a bit. You're obligated, even if they're not. You should try to introduce bathing in a spring into the foreplay.
>>
>>422405
Show me where it says in the Shulchan Aruch.
>>
>>422406
/Yalkut Yosef.
>>
I believe that Jews are the true master race, and intend to produce my progeny with a woman of Ashkenazi heritage to secure the genetic and cultural boons of that lineage for my bloodline. What do you think about that?
>>
Why do you shitfucks refuse to admit that the Samaritans are the true descendants of the northern tribes while you are nothing but assimilated Idumeans?

Also enything that was supposed to happen after the Torah is largely horseshit created by ass destroyed Babylonian exiles and their chief magician Ezra.
>>
>>422412
It makes me sad because then there will be yet another precious Jewish soul being raised like I was, bereft of Torah and Mitzvot, and of a Jewish father.
>>
What's up with all the circumcision?

Just quit it already.
>>
>>422417
>Why do you shitfucks refuse to admit that the Samaritans are the true descendants of the northern tribes while you are nothing but assimilated Idumeans?
Because its the other way around.

If that is true, then why do Samaritans believe in the Chumash and the book of Joshuah? When they despised Ezra?
>>
>>422423
Because we need to do it so we will go to Heaven.
>>
>>422426
Misread your post. The 2nd video I posted refutes you.

Next.
>>
>>422429
Why does god care about your penis?
>>
>>422429

I don't know, man.

If that's the reason, it's like you're admitting that there is no practical reason to do it.

Why not try a harmless alternative? Why not wait until the youth is older?
>>
>>422433
To understand that, you have to understand why Hashem made the world. Its an hour long lecture, but the overly-simplified version is that there has to be rules in place in order for people to gain perfection, which is similarity to God in thought and deed.
>>
>>422436
Wait until the youth is older? Are you insane?
>>
>>422440
So in order to be closer to god you cut your penises and suck the blood from the foreskin?
>>
>>422436
Also, the it is decreed in the Bible that a Jewish boy must be circumcised on the 8th day (for mystical reasons)
>>
>>422426
>it's the other way around
>one group remains constantly settled in the area
>the Jews arrive from bumfuck Babylon and claim an exclusive monopoly to everything Israelite

Even some of you guys, like Israel Finkelstein, admitted that your shitty southern kingdom was a marginal entity and its supposed importance was invented in Babylon.

Sefer Shmuel is literally WE WUZ KANGS: Jewish edition.
>>
>>422447
Well, if you're a fanatic who wants to fulfill the spooky Kabbalistic stuff that isn't even required, then yes.
>>
>>422406

If you view the Shulchan Aruch as authorotative, there's the whole Yichud angle before you even get to Niddah. אבן העזר כב I believe is where it's in.
>>
>>422452
If Shmuel was a propaganda piece, why is King David accused of being an adulterer? And why is King Solomon accused of worshiping idols? Just so it'll be interesting to read? Give me a break. Get a life.
>>
>>422445

No... I just don't like the idea of slicing off part of a persons body without their permission, or a pressing medical need.

>>422450

Yep. Finish the job god decided not to, your work is to continue gods will on Earth.
>>
File: Solomon's Judgement.jpg (256 KB, 1280x1020) Image search: [Google]
Solomon's Judgement.jpg
256 KB, 1280x1020
>>422287

What is the process like for a Christian or anybody really that wants to convert to Judaism? I understand in America there's different ways amongst the Reform, Conservative, and Orthodox Jews.

What do Orthodox and Conservative Jews disagree on?
>>
>>422460
Yes, yichud makes having sex with a prosititue even more problematic. Though the issue is not with niddah. Shigzahs cant become niddah.
>>
File: 1450219715886.gif (2 MB, 400x332) Image search: [Google]
1450219715886.gif
2 MB, 400x332
>>422369
Have a frog
>>
>>422463
That's the most laughable thing, you claim a near sainthood for people who even you admit were literally adulterers, murderers and idolaters while simultaneously claiming the northern kingdom was evil and wicked.
>>
>>422471

Since when? The command in Vayikra is pretty open and shut, and says nothing about the status, Jewish or otherwise, of the woman.

And you're not likely to find something in a 16th century text addressing it, because the notion that a good Jewish boy would be having premarital sex with a shiksha hooker isn't something that's likely to have occurred to R Yosef Caro.

Turn it around. What basis do you have in believing that a non-Jew woman wouldn't be covered by the prohibition against sleeping with a woman after her period?
>>
>>422465
You have to go to an orthodox beit din, then you have to take a very rigorous program, and after a few years, you might be accepted. They make it impossible, so only legit people make it through.

It boils down to this:the Orthodox believe their religion is of divine origin. The conservative views their religion as being man-made.

For further elaboration, watch this video, featuring the Rabbi from Banzai:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhmRlMkWocs
>>
>>422287

Why choose Judaism? What makes you think it's true? Doesn't your statement about Christianity being based on hearsay also apply to Judaism?
>>
>>422472
Danke, meine Herr. :^)

>>422478
Right, people who are exposing their own sins are going to write a bunch of fanciful lies about themselves. "Makes a lot of sense."

>>422479
Judaism is a Talmudic religion, not a Bible-only religion.

>And you're not likely to find something in a 16th century text addressing it
The Talmud talks about Jews who were busted for banging shigzahs and received corporeal punishment for it. K, you've been exposed as an am ha'aretz. Next.
>>
>>422478
What do you expect from a Jew? Being Jewish is the only thing that counts, ethically.
>>
>>422499
>Judaism is a Talmudic religion, not a Bible-only religion.

Modern Judaism.
>>
>>422326
>christianity is heresy
Then tell me, where are the levitical priests?
>>
>>422479
Also, the Pele Yoetz, written in the 1800s, says that in his time, there were young Jewish men who were outwardly religious, but engage in masturbation and receive services from harlots.

>>422494
Because its the truth. Watch my videos.
>>
>>422499
Needed some justification for why your entire kingdom was shit.
>>
>>422504
*Talmudic religion* not a Bible-only religion.

If you people were right, I would agree with you. But you're not.
>>
>>422506

If you can't explain why it's the truth, then you can't possibly hold the opinion that it is the truth.
>>
>>422499

The Talmud also bases literally every one of its pronouncements on a verse in the Torah; God, not the Rabbinate, is the source of authority, and the various luminaries merely interpret.

>The Talmud talks about Jews who were busted for banging shigzahs and received corporeal punishment for it.

[citation needed]

ואין לך שיחה לקרוא לי עם הארץ כשאתה אפילו לא יכול לכתוב בעברית.
>>
>>422506

>Because its the truth. Watch my videos.

So we should all convert to Judaism?
>>
File: Reform Service.jpg (33 KB, 533x400) Image search: [Google]
Reform Service.jpg
33 KB, 533x400
>>422487

Thanks, also are most American Jews raised under Conservative or Orthodox tradition?

What are your thoughts on the Reform Jews? The Hasidic Jews?

What scripture do Orthodox Jews follow other than the Torah or Talmud? Where might I find a free, recent English translation of the Talmud?
>>
>>422501
I don't even mind that crap, to be honest. It's how they try to usurp the entire Hebrew / Israelite identity for themselves and then we end up with horseshit anachronisms like

>Moses was a Jew
In fact he was a Levite

>Abraham was a Jew
He couldn't be a descendant of his great-grandson

etc

And the apex of irony comes when Jews under the leadership of Ezra try to go full Hitler with ethnic cleansing and claim the Samaritans aren't real Israelites, while the same Jews masturbate to king David, a descendant of a fucking Moabitess and the same Jews assimilate a bunch of Idumeans into Jewdom under the Hasmonean rule. Yet they somehow don't see any cognitive dissonance in that.
>>
>>422518
>The Talmud also bases literally every one of its pronouncements on a verse in the Torah; God, not the Rabbinate, is the source of authority, and the various luminaries merely interpret.

Once again, my video refuted you.

Im not going to bother looking it up for you because I know you're just some ignorant troll who doesn't care about the truth. But its brought down in atleast masechet taanit, and also megillah.
>>
>>422287
tmsots et habulbul sheli, blat
>>
>>422522
If you mean "become a Jew," absolutley not. Judaism forbids going out proselytizing

>>422525
Dont know, majority of Jews in America are not orthodox/disbelieve in Judaism. We in the end time, mayn. Screenshot this.

Reformed Jews are our brothers, even though they do no practice authentic Judaism. Reformed "rabbis" are heretic scums who are going to "burn in" Gehinom for all eternity.

>>422515
Thats why I posted those videos.
>>
>>422561
>If you mean "become a Jew," absolutley not. Judaism forbids going out proselytizing

I'm not talking about proselytizing, I'm talking about converting.

If Judaism is true, shouldn't we all try to convert?
>>
>>422561

I can't be bothered to watch hours of materials in order to talk to you about this.
Philosophically, what argument do you have for your god? What argument do you have for your creation story? What argument do you have for anything having to do with Judaism?
Provide me with any of that so that we can have a basis for dialogue.
>>
>>422566
>I can't be bothered to watch hours of materials in order to talk to you about this.

Then I can't be bothered to answer your questions.

Next.
>>
>>422549

>Once again, my video refuted you.

לא זה לא, ואפילו מבט קצר על הגמרא מראה
שאחרונים מצטט כל הזמן פסוקים לגבות את דעתם

>Im not going to bother looking it up for you

כי זה לא קיים, כמו שאתה עשית את זה

> I know you're just some ignorant troll who doesn't care about the truth.

אומר האיש שיש לו יחסי מין עם זונות

אבל כמובן, אני מבזבז את הזמן שלי, מאז שאתה כמובן לא יכול לקרוא את זה.
>>
>>422575
Atleast Im a real person who doesnt hide his imperfections like you.
>>
>>422561

What do you think of Hasidic Jews then? Are there any disagreements between them and other Orthodox Jews?

Have you ever heard of Kiryas Joel and the controversy surrounding it in New York?

How do Orthodox Jews view Jewish converts? Do they really see them as Jewish as anyone else after converting?
>>
>>422579

שאפילו לא מתחילים לטפל במה שאמרתי, אבל טוב לנסות בכל זאת.
>>
>What scripture do Orthodox Jews follow other than the Torah or Talmud? Where might I find a free, recent English translation of the Talmud?

We have a bunch of books, but our din is based on Talmud. Shulchan Aruch and Yalkut Yosef are the most important books in Judaism.

Dont know where you can find a good English Talmud online. Artscroll is excellent, though.
>>
>>422561
>If you mean "become a Jew," absolutley not.

See >>422543
>>
>>422584
The majority of them are sincere people, even though among them are crooks and sexual deviants (Pedophiles, swingers).

Don't know anything about it.

It depends on what community you're in, really. I don't recommend converting, unless you are a millionaire. Even if you are, I don't recommend it. God is happy with you if you're a goy, as long as you believe and trust in Him and His prophets and sages.

Who cares how Jews view converts? God loves them more than born Jews. If those Jews knew what was good for them, they would adjust their attitudes to resemble God's.
>>
File: funny-jew-meme-3.jpg (23 KB, 334x343) Image search: [Google]
funny-jew-meme-3.jpg
23 KB, 334x343
>jews
>>
>>422608
As a note, I think a goy who dedicates his life to Torah can have a bigger impact than if he converted.
>>
File: 10388143.jpg (91 KB, 407x404) Image search: [Google]
10388143.jpg
91 KB, 407x404
>jewss
>>
Also, I apologies for not always proving my pronouncements with citations, but to be fair, I was a honest and admitted I don't know very much.
>>
File: Jew_37b857_1136787.jpg (17 KB, 286x288) Image search: [Google]
Jew_37b857_1136787.jpg
17 KB, 286x288
>jewsss
>>
File: jew-mad_o_2313917.jpg (101 KB, 401x413) Image search: [Google]
jew-mad_o_2313917.jpg
101 KB, 401x413
>jewssss
>>
>>422391
>truly believes the Talmud is from God
>wants us to believe this and disregard that it's just a political conversation and commentary on ethnic strategy
Synagogue of Satan, it truly is. Catholics have been too kind to you, unfortunately.
>>
>>422391
>claim New Testament is bullshit
>unironically think Talmud is credible

"muh non canon tradishun" fags are just as bad in judaism as they are in Christianity.
>>
>>422287
If i were to convert to judaism, would I have circumsized? If i married a Jewish woman?
>>
>>422705
Yes, you'd need to be circumcised.

I'm not sure what you mean by marrying a Jewish woman.
>>
File: 0c7.png (205 KB, 553x451) Image search: [Google]
0c7.png
205 KB, 553x451
>jews
>>
Did Hitler do anything wrong?
>>
>>422705
Yes. If you are already circumcised, then they will prick your member and bleed out a drop of blood.

You need to convert to marry a Jewish woman.
>>
File: 1450305264004.jpg (216 KB, 636x438) Image search: [Google]
1450305264004.jpg
216 KB, 636x438
>jews
>>
>>422762
Hitler was a puppet. He was a wicked man, so God punished him by putting him in the position to be the hammer of His vengeance.
>>
>>422767
>not G-d
>fake jews
>>
>>422787

>thinks God is the true name of God

>5775
>>
>>422787
Typing God on the screen is not considered the same as writing. If it was, it would be forbidden to scroll the screen when the word "God" is displayed.
>>
>>422566
The videos boil down to "our revelation happened to 3 million people, every other religion's revelation happened to one person, therefore our religion is true and all others are equally false".

The guy also seems to think that Paul invented Christianity whole-cloth years after the death of Jesus.
>>
>>422787
>>422872

There is absolutely no argument that you can use to claim that the word "God" counts as a divine name that wouldn't also apply to "G-d"
>>
>>422936
Because its God's name, but in the English language.
>>
File: 1448578708609.jpg (119 KB, 777x656) Image search: [Google]
1448578708609.jpg
119 KB, 777x656
I find it interesting that the Talmud is a whole lot worse than the Koran when it comes to double standards.

The Jew perspective of gentiles in the Talmud makes the Nazi idealogy look like amateur shit in comparison.

How does it feel to have simmering malice towards your fellow man every day?
>>
>>422943
And "g-d" isn't? I mean, everyone knows exactly what you're referring to when you say "g-d", it's a proper noun with improper lettering. It's just as much a name as "God"

And it's not like English formations of divine names have meanings buried into the etymology the way Hebrew ones do.
>>
>>422340
In me pot of gold at the end of thy rainbow!
>>
>>422958
Ugh, all those citations are taken out of context. Authentic Judaism says all humans are created in the image of God and are beloved by God. (Avot 3:14)
>>
File: 1417732418805.jpg (8 KB, 216x209) Image search: [Google]
1417732418805.jpg
8 KB, 216x209
>>422977
>Ugh, all those citations are taken out of context.
>>
>>422960
Technically, if you are typing on a screen, there is no difference in typing god or God, because the letters don't actually exists since its just flashes of light.
>>
>>422571

Alright OP, I'm watching your video, "Rational Approach To Divine Origin of Judaism".
>1:36
Is blatantly false. Buddhism is a religious system that makes no such claim. Going on to his origins of Buddhism, he has very little and poor understanding of Buddhism.
>6:39
He was brought up as a Jew. Am I to believe there was absolutely no bias here?
>3 Million Jews
I see no empirical evidence that this actually took place outside of those who choose to twist statistics in order to serve their purposes. In short, outside of psuedoscience, there is no reason to believe that this took place.
>Past, present, future lie theories
There's no reason to believe any of those. That seems like his point.
>Heaven's Gate
His position on the ridiculousness of genital mutilation could easily apply to circumcision. Luckily he picks up on that.
In fact, most of what he says seems to ridicule Judaism as of 27 minutes in.
>29 minutes
So this Ph.D. guy provides a fine explanation for the events in the book, which we have no reason to believe actually exist. The speaker goes on to use an ad hominem attack, literally a logical fallacy. He then goes on to use another logical fallacy, an association fallacy, with his nobel prize comment.
>God spoke to a group of people
Not necessarily true, of course. It's entirely possible that the entire thing was fabricated. It's entirely possible that a group of dehydrated people in a desert suffered from mass hysteria.
>Evolving mythology

His argument is that hyperbole exists. He already established that some events, such as Napoleon, are singular and don't occur. Then he twists it with a cheap semantic argument to say that it's not a natural event. His idea that natural events MUST happen more than once is ridiculous. I would argue that any event which occurs in nature is, by definition, a natural event.

>One in trillions
No, I wouldn't have to be crazy to believe it took place naturally. That's why it's a probability, not an absolute fact.cont
>>
>>422987
If I were to say, on the other hand, that "x does not occur naturally" and then x were to occur, I could not say that happened naturally. That's basic logic. He should know that. You should know that.

>"I believe! it was a natural event."
All human knowledge is belief. Read Peirce, he gives a good explanation of this. Basically, we hold a belief (whether it is true or false) until we have reason to doubt it, at which point we involve ourselves in inquiry and either replace the belief with a new belief as a result of inquiry or we maintain the belief. We can engage in semantics all day, but it won't get us anywhere.
Neither is it the case that Muslims or Christians deny the events of the Torah. His claim that a religion is correct based on a single event would apply to those religions as well.
Overall the video is filled with logical fallacies and he goes out of his way to present himself as a character. It's honestly annoying. I don't see how you could respect this guy.
>>
>>422985
But its true.

Anyway, if you people were sincere, you would find a Rabbi who would debunk all of those citations. You guys don't do that because you don't care about the truth, you're just a bunch of racists who want to live a unrestricted lifestyle.
>>
File: 11031036.jpg (93 KB, 407x404) Image search: [Google]
11031036.jpg
93 KB, 407x404
>jews
>>
>>422986
There's no difference if we wrote ink on a page either, because "God" isn't any more of a divine name than "g-d" and you've yet to even articulate a reason why you think there's a difference.
>>
>>422787
God isn't his actual name, Yehowah is. I'm pretty sure the Torah wasn't written in English.
>>
>>422991
You're just close-minded, dude.
>>
>>423002
Dont know, ask a Rabbi.
>>
What do you think of Matisyahu?
>>
>>422991
And you have to explain how it was fabricated.
>>
File: 1410291013832.jpg (9 KB, 250x318) Image search: [Google]
1410291013832.jpg
9 KB, 250x318
>>422997
>you're just a bunch of racists

This is coming from someone

who has a book

that plainly says that gentiles are less than dogs, in not just one quotation, but many.

But you deflect by pulling the racism card.

You are the biggest faggot I've seen in years.
>>
>>423008

I know you're trolling but you could at least do a better job of it.
>>
File: 1449412432332.png (13 KB, 418x359) Image search: [Google]
1449412432332.png
13 KB, 418x359
>>422997
>you're just a bunch of racists

This is coming from someone

who has a book

that plainly says that gentiles are less than dogs, in not just one quotation, but many.

But you deflect by pulling the racism card.

You are the biggest faggot I've seen in years. Do not insult my intelligence by telling me to go to a rabbi so he can placate me by waffling on contextual issues.
>>
>>423018
Made shitty music, joined a Messianic cult, turned out to be a faker, my Rabbi (I posted a video of his above, and he also has another video where he proves Judaism is the truth called "the proof that God exists") made a video where he pisses on Matisyahu's picture.
>>
>>423024
Where does is say that
>>
File: 1410802103790.jpg (19 KB, 472x460) Image search: [Google]
1410802103790.jpg
19 KB, 472x460
>>423024
>>423032

Didn't mean to double post that.
>>
>>423032
Everything is contextual, momo.
>>
>>423037

Can you point out the specific part of the torah where it says gentiles are less than dogs? I'm curious.
>>
>>422287
Hey, I got some questions for you when I get the time to write them up after I finish up all my work for this week.

Can you repost this thread friday night?
>>
>>423050
No, but Im on Los Angeles time.
>>
>>423016

I have. I've also spent quite a bit of time studying Hebrew, and learning what the names of God actually MEAN.

As such, there is a qualitative difference were I to write oen of them as opposed to just saying "God", which is a meaningless English phrase, containing no more spiritual weight than any other English word.

It's literally nothing, and you'd know this if you bothered to study. I mean for crying out loud, stop whining about rabbis and linking to other peoples arguments (which you won't even summarize) and make some of your own. THINK about this for a bit. Ask yourself, why was the עֲקֵידַת יִצְחַק the last of Abraham's tests? I don't even care if you get the "right" answer, (if there even is one right answer implying the others are wrong) but make a stab at it, try to actually put some thought into your beliefs here.
>>
>>422287
How can a non religious jew who comes from a family who goes to synogogue twice a year become more religious. Would I have to wear the yamaka?
>>
>>423056
>no
Why Jews gotta be such dicks?
>>
>>423066
You need to find an orthodox Rabbi who will be your Rebbe.

Technically, we are required the keep the majority of our heads covered, but there is a minority opinion that you don't need to and in this case, because there are rishonim who hold its a kosher view, you can rely on it, even though the halachah (therefore, the sulchan aruch says) not like that.

I recommenced you get connected to Rabbi Rabbs.
>>
>>423079
I know. Jews are mean. There are nice Jews, though.
>>
>>423064
Whatever, I know Im right, senpai.
>>
Is there any truth in your opinion to Jews controlling Hollywood, or to an even more extreme view, controlling big business in general?
>>
>>423096
>>423079
>>423056
>>423050
>ask orthodox jew roomie if he wants to go to a party friday night
>says no
>every damn time
Why Jews hate parties?
>>
>>423102

No you don't. You don't seem to know, or even want to know anything. You have faith that a Rabbi that you talk to is right, and what's more, is more knowledgeable than my Rabbi, without any underpinning in the issues at hand.

It's sad, really. We learn from Moses's first actions as an adult in the Torah that a Jew is supposed to be active, decisive, making a positive mark on the world. You don't seem to want to do that at all, constantly deferring to a higher power.
>>
>>423093
Can you use kindle during shabbos?
>>
File: supa hot fire.gif (4 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
supa hot fire.gif
4 MB, 640x360
>>423064
>>423115
>OP absolutely BTFO
>>
>>423093
I know this is wierd question, but why couldnt I just only follow some rules? Like would god hate you if you do not follow all, is there benefit to it? Like why does everyone do the same thing?
>>
>>423155

>Why can't I only follow some laws? Like, would I get in trouble if I didn't murder but I did steal? Why does everyone have to do the same thing?
>>
>>423170
So not following some laws of judaism is an offense on par with murder?
>>
>>423176

No, not at all. But you do have to follow all of them. I'm not even sure why you would think you wouldn't, or what possible justification you could come up with why you should be exempt from something but the fellow down the street shouldn't be.
>>
>>423210
So lets say i did most of the laws, like that that small non yamaka wearing group does, would it count for anything or am I just better off doing nothing, as only doing a little or most does not count? Also, what do you get out of it? I just have trouble understanding, I have family in orthodix area of nyc and they seem happy but, why is it worth it if supposingly we all go to heaven? Or do only orthodox go to heaven?
>>
>>423216

>So lets say i did most of the laws, like that that small non yamaka wearing group does,

Kippah/Yamulkah wearing isn't a law, it's a custom. A very widespread custom, but it's not part of Halacha.

>would it count for anything or am I just better off doing nothing, as only doing a little or most does not count?

Assuming you did break a real Jewish law, (Sabbath observance tends to be tough on new converts) yes, it would still be better if you did some but not all than to do nothing, and you would get credit for what you did, but you would also get judged for what you didn't do.

>Also, what do you get out of it? I just have trouble understanding, I have family in orthodix area of nyc and they seem happy but, why is it worth it if supposingly we all go to heaven? Or do only orthodox go to heaven?

Hebrew scriptures, as well as Rabbinic writings, are pretty spare when it comes to the afterlife. I can derive, from valid authority sources, wildly contradictory ideas about what happens after death.

Regardless, "I do X because I want reward Y" even if that reward is posthumous, is considered a bad sort of motivation for doing the Mitzvot. Better than not doing them, but still not ideal. You're really supposed to be convinced of the rightness of the actions, or at the very least of the rightness of the ones you understand and faith in the ones you don't.

If you want to become more religious, I applaud the idea, and if you don't think you can manage it all at once, you should do a little at a time, work your way up. But you shouldn't go into a mindset of "Well, if I only go halfway, that's good enough.".
>>
File: salvador-dali19.jpg (614 KB, 2258x3000) Image search: [Google]
salvador-dali19.jpg
614 KB, 2258x3000
Friendly reminder that Zionism is to Jewish what Feminism is to women.
>>
>>423235
Is there a law book that says how you will be judged post humourously? Like will a heavenly jusge say "Hmmm.. He did most of it and was good, so I will let him slide" or is this all just speculation and I should do everything so as not to fuck it up. also, what if I dont do something that I did not know I was supposed to do???
>>
File: Adam-Smith.jpg (124 KB, 889x1000) Image search: [Google]
Adam-Smith.jpg
124 KB, 889x1000
What would the world look like today if Jews had been eradicated by Rome circa 100 AD?

Would the absence of Marxism have enabled us to explore other galaxies by the year 3000?

Imagine a world with no jews. What a beautiful thing that would be
>>
>>423102
Are you Hasidic or a Zionist?
>>
>>423265
If he's Orthodox he can't be Zionist.
>>
For the record, your video and general attitude makes me feel so much more secure in my dislike if the Jewish faith.
>>
>>423253

>s there a law book that says how you will be judged post humourously? Like will a heavenly jusge say "Hmmm.. He did most of it and was good, so I will let him slide" or is this all just speculation and I should do everything so as not to fuck it up.

Pretty much the latter.

>what if I dont do something that I did not know I was supposed to do???

Generally, offenses committed due to ignorance are held to be extremely slight. You probably wouldn't be considered righteous, but you wouldn't really be considered a rank sinner either. But again, talking about the afterlife is a bit outside my pay grade.

>>423260

How would Rome eradicate the Jews when a huge number of them lived in Babylon and Persia outside of the empire's boundaries?

>>423269

You're basing this on what exactly? All the Orthodox Jews living in Israel that are pretty Zionist?
>>
Are there forms of Judaism where I don't have to get my dick cut?
>>
>>423303

Christianity.
>>
>>423288
So what exactly do you mean by that? Do non orthodox not go to heaven? or some lesser heaven?
>>
>>423366

I'm saying that it's more or less all speculation, and I'm hardly one to talk since I have little idea of what I'm talking about.

Best be educated and performing, in light of that ignorance.
>>
>>423288

It's a hypothetical m98
>>
>>423416

It's a nonsensical hypothetical. You may as well ask

>What if Han China killed all the Jews?
>>
>>422565
Gentiles are meant to follow the noachide laws, look em up senpai
>>
>>423111
Shabbat
>>
File: 1450240249171.jpg (225 KB, 700x609) Image search: [Google]
1450240249171.jpg
225 KB, 700x609
>>422287
Chaim is a faggot, Christianity was absolutely BTFO a few days ago by a random jew.

Mr. Danzinger shitposted on /pol/ for a long time.
>>
>>422287
>>423459
A few days ago, on here
>>
>>423436
>>423436

Alright m8 well what if there were no Jews after 100 AD. What then?
>>
>>423462

That would probably depend a great deal on what offed them. Wiping out a fairly significant chunk of population over a wide area would have repercussions beyond the simple removal of the now dead people.
>>
>>423372
Last questions, what happens to other religions like muslims and christians in afterlife. Also, Is there any law against killinh deug smugglers?(want to do coast guard for 4 years)
>>
Do you find it annoying when Christians, Muslims and less-religious Jews mine what is technically originally Jewish religion/culture for storytelling? Figures like David and Goliath or Adam and Eve and all that.

Do you think the Exodus literally happened?
>>
>>423474

>Last questions, what happens to other religions like muslims and christians in afterlife.

Again, because of vague statements in the Gemara about non-Jews who are nevertheless good people having a pleasant afterlife which is nonetheless contradicted by other statements about how the Mitzvot themselves are training to become the sort of soul that can function effectively in the afterlife, and not being very good at reconciling them, I'm not really sure how to answer you. Afterlife stuff is a bit outside my pay grade.

>Also, Is there any law against killinh deug smugglers?(want to do coast guard for 4 years)

I don't think the coast guard out and out kills drug smugglers that often, do they? Nevertheless, the commandment is לֹא תִרְצָח, a forbidding of murder, not of killing as a blanket statement. Enforcing the law, even acting as an executioner isn't forbidden by anything I'm aware of in Halacha.
>>
>>423503
Depends on the rate..but even a bosun matw might have to join boarding team..coast guard is responsible for over 50 percent of cocaine seizures
>>
File: Lilith_(John_Collier_painting).jpg (81 KB, 446x850) Image search: [Google]
Lilith_(John_Collier_painting).jpg
81 KB, 446x850
>>422287

Do Orthodox still believe that Lilith was Adam's first wife and comes to men in the night to steal their seed and cause nocturnal emissions?
>>
>>423553
>and comes to men in the night to steal their seed and cause nocturnal emissions?

you're thinking of OP's mother
>>
>jews
>>
If i convert, how soon should i expect my info packet on ruining western society to arrive?
>>
File: RESEMBLANCE.jpg (101 KB, 723x512) Image search: [Google]
RESEMBLANCE.jpg
101 KB, 723x512
>jews
>>
>>423265
Just Jewish
>>
Sorry Senpai, I had to rush to school and forgot about the thread. I feel very, very bad I will address your posts, God willing, when my mommy brings me home.

BTW you heretics are all wrong and I'm one of the most red pill nights ever.
>>
>>423553
I don't have a clue what you are talking about. I don't study Kabbalah.
>>
>>424024
>>424030

1/10
>>
>>423482
Yes.

The Exodus is a historical fact. Watch Patterns of Evidence.
>>
>>423137
No.
>>
>>423109
Yes, son. It's true. They are the reason my Rabbi isn't famous. Really.
>>
>>423111
Parties are no place for a Jew! You goyim shouldn't go to parties either, but what can we do, we're just happy if you don't molest your children.
>>
>>422391
Except there is literally an unbroken succession since the life of Jesus of witnesses embodied in the sacrament of holy orders which is much nore "empiracle" than "our ancestors (probably) told us about this."
>>
>>424112
>unbroken succession

No there isnt dude. The Christian tradition is so horribly disorganized. We dont know who wrote many of the books of the NT.

If our ancestors werent at Sinai, the Bible/Talmud would have recorded a detail about there being a period where Jews knew nothing about mount Sinai until some guy no one has yet to identified came and told everyone. Then Judaism would be like lhavdil Hinduism where some guy came and informed everyone of a national revelation that happened "long ago, just believe me on this one, never mind this story is foreign to your parents, I am after all extremely charismatic and probably can do supernatural things that lend credibility to my narratives."
>>
What are your thoughts on goys and what about people who "convert" to Judaism
>>
>>424158
Because Im slightly autistic, I cant be friends with people who differ from me in values. My Rabbi isnt like that. Goyim love him. In fact, my Rabbi feels more comfortable surfing with hippies than he does around "ultra-"orthodox Jews. I wish I was like my Rabbi.

If you are talking about people who convert to reformed, or conservative, I feel very sorry for them because they are being scammed, and if its a woman, her kids are not Jewish, and they will probably grow up to be shitposters on /pol/ (Redundant, I know).
>>
>>424158

Also, I just wanted to add to my post

>>424163

To mention that the reason I am slightly autistic is that I was born out of my mother's anus, which has caused significant cranial deformation and mental problems.
>>
>>424171
Stop it.
>>
>>424163
Thanks for answering.

>I cant be friends with people who differ from me in values.

Have you met goys who share your values before? Is it possible?

>I feel very sorry for them because they are being scammed,

Have you ever met any goy converts before?

Are Jews converting to other religions a serious issue or is it just an exagerrated problem?

Also as a side question do you know any book(s) or lectures that provide a solid proof for God?
>>
>>424171
I was literally dropped on my head when I was a baby. Fucking Sedar-Sinai, my stupid should have sued them.

If I only I knew why God wanted it to be like this.
>>
>>424175
Idk, I live in LA so I dont really meet religous goyim ever. Whenever I meet a religous goy, which is extremly rare, my heart flutters, as if I had seen a unicorn or something.

Religous goyim are very different from me. They view questioning faith as impious and distances you from God. My Rabbis taught me the exact opposite. My mind pulls me into a cynical world view. I cant believe in something unless it can be empiraclly demonstrated why it is true. Thats why I hate learning about something new initially. Because immediately I start to wonder "how do I know this isn't all bullshit to begin with?"

So we ask questions, and by doing that, we come to the truth.

>>424175
Yes. There is one at my shul, who is black. Former catholic, was a very religous catholic, one day he wanted to read the Bible in Hebrew, so he discovers Chumash and Rashi. He learned who Rashi was. As time went on, he realized the religion he grew up with was bullshit and that the Torah is the only truth, because we can deomstrate it to be so.

The main issue of today is assimilation. Modern Orthodoxy is going the way of reformed and conservative, people are either becoming further to the right, or they are going to the left and are causing women to commit adultery because they didnt obtain a kosher divorce document, so they get married, now they are creating mamzarim, bastard children, who are forbidden to marry regular Israelites, only other mamzarim as well as converts.

We are truly living in the final generation.
>>
>>424175
I recommend the following books by Rabbi Avigdor Miller, of blessed memory, who was one of the major Rabbinic authorties of our generation.

Rejoice O Youth
Sing, You Righteous
Awake my Glory

Also meine Herr should read the following books by Rabbi Lawrence Keleman

Permission to Believe (This one proves God exists, includes scientific material that Im sure you will appreciate)
Permission to Receive (Proving Judaism is true)
>>
>>424175
Another lecture:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlvmcSbiJh4
>>
>>424191
>We are truly living in the final generation.

Do you think we are going to see the messiah come in your lifetime?

What is the driving force behind this assimilation? What do you think would stop it?

>>424210
>>424214

Thank you for the recommendations. Do you have any thoughts on people like Thomas Aquinas?

Also is it true that its pretty easy for Orthodox Jews to get gf via arranged marriages due to the shortage of men?
>>
>>422287
What do you think of the Ultra Orthodox?
>>
>>424153
>>424153
As opposed to knowing NONE of the authors of the Torah?

>but m-muh moses

His and other authorships were only attributed to the holy books in Hellenistic times (and beyond) when it was fashionable to do so. When the texts were written authorship didn't matter, and in any case it isn't an issue that should be pivotal to the force of your argument. I know by appealing to textual criticism that some of the letters of Paul were not actually written by him, but that doesn't make them false or irrelevant.

The Christian manuscript tradition is simply more robust than the Jewish one. Your oldest complete Torah is from the middle ages while the earliest Christian manuscripts that still exist go all the way back to the end of the 4th century.

Rabbinic Judaisim (the only form that survived the destruction of the temple in 70 ad) wasn't even a thing at the time of the decalogue. And I'm glad you know what a certain group of priestly semetic peoples would or would not have written, but I don't know if I can follow you on that one.
>>
>>424175
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGiu3cjrwCI

Heres a video you can watch on a major issue affecting the Jewish community.

Its so exciting, Im siding with this camp on all issues, and I know, without a single iota of doubt, that all these movements will wither away, and everything I teach, will be taught in all yeshivahs, 100 years from now, 300 years from now, 500 years from now, and forever and all eternity.

Torah is such a joy. I hate being religious. But the study of Torah is a joy. To open up as sefer, and start learning, that is a hell of a joy. "מָה אָהַבְתִּי תוֹרָתֶךָ כָּל הַיּוֹם הִיא שִׂיחָתִי!"(Psalms 119:97) There is so much to learn, an infinite amount of learning. Some people spend their whole life learning, day and night, and they don't master all of it, we just don't have the physical capability to, so everything gets portioned out and we all have to do our part in enlightening mankind in Hashem's precious, and perfect Torah.
>>
>>424231
I feel it is possible, especially because right now the nations of the world are going to war, AND its motzei shemittah which the Talmud says this time has a special power that Moshiach is more likely to appear. Though nothing is for sure as there were times in the past where the Messiah could have came (Like in the times of Moses, and King Hezekiah, also according to very great Rabbis, after the holocaust ) and we blew it because of a failing on the part of the Jewish people.

The driving force is to because they want to be a goy. The only way to stop it is to renew our dedication to Torah and עבודת השם. (Service of Hashem)

>>424231
All I know is those are false paradigms.

If you have money.

>>424235
Ultra-orthodox is code for "actually orthodox."

>His and other authorships were only attributed to the holy books in Hellenistic times
False

>Your oldest complete Torah is from the middle ages
BULLSHIT ALERT. We have the dead sea scrolls which are from 2000 years ago.

>Rabbinic Judaisim (the only form that survived the destruction of the temple in 70 ad) wasn't even a thing at the time of the decalogue.

My video proving the oral tradition demonstrates why that is impossible and an honest person will agree. If you watch it and dont agree, it is because you simply do not want to. And tahts the truth.

>And I'm glad you know what a certain group of priestly semetic peoples would or would not have written, but I don't know if I can follow you on that one.
Youre an ignoramus who has never read the Talmud in his life.
>>
>>422287
How do you feel about the Charedim population explosion in the US, Britain, and Israel?

How do you feel about Charedim in general?
>>
>>424294
Does that mean you wear a black hat and have those curly side burns?

>If you have money.

Do you? Are employed in a traditionally jewish career like medicine, law or finance?
>>
>>424307
I wear a black hat, but I dont have payos. Though I want them, some day, though after I get married.

I dont have money. Not employed. I get autism bucks and go to college.
>>
>>424304
Mir geht es gut

Charadim represent mainstream Judaism. Tune out the Satanic lies of the Zionist, and the "reformed"
>>
>>424329
>haradim represent mainstream Judaism
WHAT

Are you a penguin, lol?
>>
Its 12:19 in LA. Going to bed. Good night, /his/. Sorry for pissing you off and making Judaism look bad. I have PDD NOS and just feel bored and want to interact with people. Sorry.
>>
>>424333
Are you a Jew?
>>
how the fuck do you reconcile your religious beliefs about sex with fucking actual whores?

I general defend Jews on 4chan but you're a massive hypocrite and you seem pretty gross
>>
how will we know when the moshiach has come?

I know there are various prophecies, but what are they?

What will happen when he DOES come?
>>
>>424338
No

I have Jewish ancestry but I don't fit any definition of Judaism except some weird Karaite shit
>>
>>422287

What do you think about the possibility of being "cuturally jew ?" Like, not religious at all (or even atheist) but for exemple living in israel with a jewish wife, or being really "assimilated" to the jewish culture, speaking yiddish or hebrew, etc.

Genuine question, i have seen myself really interested in that culture (not saying id like to be a jew myself).
>>
>>424386
And i also mean "becoming" culturally jew while not coming from a jewish family at all.
>>
File: 20151217_033750.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151217_033750.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>424294
>False
Pic related

>…the dead sea scrolls
Are not complete in any sense of the term. I'm not saying I expect a community like that to have a library but the resources provided by the DSS are obviously not as exhaustive as the efforts of the Masoretes.

You can cling to your ideas of oral tradition but anyone who is familiar with the modern scholarship on how oral tradition actually works will laugh in your face.
>>
>jews
>>
>>424344
I have desires and I act on them?

And guess what? So do you, you judgemental hypocrite.

>>424351
It will be obvious.
>>
>>424351
Dude, I don't have every prophecy committed to memory.

War of Gog u'Magog, in gathering of the exiles, rebuilding of the Sanctuary, are the main things. We won't understand many prophecies until after everything happens then in hindsight we will understand.

>>424386
You're children will marry goyim, in the end, like all Jews who aren't frum.

>>424421
And my lectures refute those people, and they are ones who should be laughed at. <|:^)
>>
>>425408
well no I don't

I don't have sex with prostitutes because I find it morally and ethically wrong

It's not kiddushin and there's a reason why so many people in the tanakh were killed for it. Trying to rationalize that with obscure Talmudic verses is ridiculous IMO, like the Orthodox people who say driving on the Shabbos is okay because if you use a seatbelt you're "wearing" the car, and not operating it

In addition there a hell of a lot of moral problems with prostitution unrelated to Judaism, least of all is that I don't believe sex should be something bought and sold and that I don't want to contribute to such an exploitative industry
>>
So in Deuteronomy, it says that if two men are fighting and one man's wife grabs the genitals of the other, her hand is to be cut off.
What's the underlying principle here? Is the fault in touching the man's genitals, or in the risk of castration? Would she be permitted to strike them without grabbing it, or if she struck them with an object or her foot? And are men, unmarried women, and widows permitted to grab a man's genitals in a fight, or is this similarly forbidden, and is the same penalty to be applied if not?
>>
>>425430
what's your job? are you a talmudic scholar?
>>
>>425774

>are you a talmudic scholar?

Clearly not. More like a Youtube scholar.
>>
>>425774
I go to college. Im not a scholar in any sense of the word.

>>425701
I dont mean to be mean, but I need a citation.

>>425620
k
>>
>>425701
In any case, you should know that all of the laws of the Torah, including the halachot that our sages have transmitted to us, have hidden mystical reasons why God decreed it so.
>>
>>422629
How is this a dilemma?

Take the pork, sell it to someone else.
>>
>>426292

As you clearly do.
>>
Kk, I found the verse about a woman getting her hand chopped off. Rash on that verse brings a Sifrei (one of the oral Torah books) that says it isn't talking about a literal severence of her hand, rather she pays a fine, which is hinted to with a gezerah sheva (a Mosaic interpretation technique where the Sages knew from Sinaitic tradition that halachot were hinted to in a verse when two verses use the same word). She pays a fine to compensate the man for embarrassing him.

Also, here is an article that refutes that hogwash about Mises not being the author of the Chumadh C''V.

http://www.beingjewish.com/mesorah/ageoftorah.html
>>
>>426821
Please note that gentiles are forbidden to say the blessing for learning Torah.
>>
>>422391
>discredits one unreliable source for another
>quits replying to this post
>>
So why exactly do you make these posts? You don't even contribute anything of value, just link to videos and blogs and say "READ THEM"!

You've pretty openly demonstrated that you, yourself, have nothing to contribute, and more than a few posters have made you look like a fool. Why do you use the trip?
>>
>>426928
Spite.

You people have done nothing except post strawman arguments that my articles and lectures demolish. You just refuse to accept the notion that God exists and has standards that He (so to speak) wants mankind to live according to.
>>
>>427024

שום דבר בהרצאות אלה אומרים שזה מותר לקיים יחסי מין עם זונות
>>
why hasn't the temple been rebuilt
>>
>>427206
Because of the state of Israel.

Also I never said it's OK for Jews to bang shigzahs.
>>
>>427287

מעשים חזקים מדבורים
>>
I'm an Orthodox Jew too, not nearly as knowledgable as OP is though.

/pol/tards and the like don't realize that legit Orthodox Jews who perform mitzvot and believe in God and all that are some of the most red pilled people out there.

Fuck conservative, reform, and reconstructionalist.
>>
>>427833

But OP doesn't know shit. He certainly hasn't displayed any knowledge in this thread.
>>
>>422287
when you were an infant, did some man suck the blood off your freshly circumcised cock?
>>
>>426821
Can you provide a better source the arguments in that for the authorship of Moses are fairly simplistic especially when it argues that if it was written in Davids time he would have rewritten it to suit his own needs. Others could have written it and David merely allowing things even though they didnt agree with him.

Using that kind of argument one could easily say that all the Gospels must be legitimate as their teachings didnt benifit anyone at the time
>>
>>426821
Between posting that, and seeing this (sorry about not citing its chapter and verse) I saw another interpretation that the word used (kaph), as well as meaning palm and sole, could also refer to the groin, and "cut off" meant the punishment was something about forbidding her from having relations with her husband, or her future children being considered illegitimate, as an equivalent punishment for making the man unable to have children. The interpretation of "palm cut off" meaning a fine being paid was also mentioned.
>>
ughh as a jewish observer I have to say this guy is embarrassing. he claims to be religious but sleeps with prostitutes, distorts people's arguments and blatantly ignores other people's opinions when he clearly doesn't have an answer or has been backed into a corner. Instead of admitting he doesn't know some things about his religion, he retreats to "muh faith", having the nerve to tell people to go see a rabbi, or to watch his videos, when HE should be able to articulate and defend his points and be provoking interest/creating understanding instead of making people jump through hoops to get some answers. 0/10 kill yourself OP, stop defending a religion which is based on medieval fanfic legal commentary.
>>
>>422287

Why did the jews genocide all the Greeks and Romans during the Kitos War? What did they ever do to them?
Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.