[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To Theists: Let's hear your best logical arguments DISPROVING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 15
File: standards.jpg (45 KB, 600x648) Image search: [Google]
standards.jpg
45 KB, 600x648
Pick another religion you do not believe in and disprove it. Simple enough.

Some rules:
>No just saying they are wrong because we are right.
>Use the most accurate, formal logic you can, avoid fallacies.
>Explain why that argument could not be used on your own belief.
>>
>>414642
Religions cannot be disproven. They are not falsifiable.

That's what makes them suck.
>>
The Messiah will do many things.
>The whole world will worship the One God of Israel. Isaiah 2:11-17, Isaiah 40:5, Zephaniah 3:9
Currently does not happen.
>Knowledge of God will fill the world. Isaiah 11:9, 45:23, 66:23, Jeremiah 31:33, Zechariah 3:9, 8:23, 14:9,16, Ezekiel 38:23, Psalm 86:9
This means irrefutable evidence. Knowledge, not faith.
>All Israelites will be returned to their homeland Isaiah 11:12, 27:12-13, Ezekiel 11:17, 36:24, Deuteronomy 30:3
I am still in America.
>The Jewish people will experience eternal joy and gladness. Isaiah 51:11
Holocaust? Inquisition? Progroms?
>Nations will recognize the wrongs they did to Israel. Isaiah 52:13-53:5
Holocaust deniers
>The peoples of the world will turn to the Jews for spiritual guidance. Zechariah 8:23
Spiritual, not monetary.
>Weapons of war will be destroyed. Ezekiel 39:9
Not destroyed by nuclear weapons.
>All of the dead will rise again Isaiah 26:19
You claim one dude, I want them all.
>A person’s genealogical/tribal membership are transmitted exclusively through one’s physical father. Numbers 1:18, Jeremiah 33:17
Jesus whose alleged sketchy genealogy is maternal cannot possibly be a descendent of the tribe of Judah
>Third Temple will be rebuilt. Micah 4:1, Ezekiel 40-42, Isaiah 2:2-3, Malachi 3:4, Zechariah 14:20-21,
Not a person, but a physical building.
>World Peace: Isaiah 2:4, 11:6, 60:18 Micah 4:1-4, Hosea 2:20
Open a newspaper lately?
>Christianity claims that Jesus "Fulfilled the law"
According to Deut 13:2-7, this makes Jesus a false prophet.
>All Jews will embrace Torah observance. Ezekiel 37:24, Deuteronomy 30:8-10, Jeremiah 31:32, Ezekiel 11:19-20, 36:26-27.
How many Jews are fully observant today?
>The Messiah can not be part God. Deut 6:4
Not explicitly Jesus, but the idea that the Messiah will be Godly is antithetical to Judaism.
>>
>>414671
RIP Christianity
>>
>>414642

Jewish objections to christianity are really good.

I see they've already been posted so nevermind.
>>
>>414642
Religions is nothing more than a moral code and a last hope to see something better than suffering in life.
I'm not a Buddhist, but if there's one religion that's actually kind of logical, it's this.
>>
>>414671

pretty much this
>>
>>414671
>>414794
Samefag.
Also your shitty pasta fails because you assume silly interpretations of the verses in question without regard for context in which they exist.
>>
The foundation of all non-Christian religions and ideologies is that violence is in certain circumstances justified, and that it is caused by a god or other foreign elements, instead of by the perpetrators themselves. The essence of the Revelation is to expose that mystification.

The Passion of Christ reveals this as falsehood. Jesus is perfectly innocent and foreign to violence, and preaches about a God who is as well. Yet he finds himself the victim of violence, in a sacrifice in which the persecutors consider themselves justified. But it is nothing more than the lynching of an innocent, where the violence is purely one-sided. Plainly that violence did not come from Christ who was sacrificed, but from those who persecuted him.
>>
But I think all religions say the same thing. They are all variations on a single truth. :^)
>>
>>415238
>and foreign to violence

...except for that one instance. Where he instigated violence

>a God who is as well

if god can't be understood by our simple moral minds, how can he be innocent? how can he be guilty? Aren't those projections of the human condition to the devine, of which god is above?
>>
If you like rationality so much why haven't you killed yourself yet?
>>
>>415261
Where did he instigate violence? And God is non-violent. In fact he is foreign to violence, which can only come from humans.

Pre-Christian religions are built around sacrifice and the underlying scapegoating mechanism. The blame for all the violence in the community is assigned to a sacrificial victim, who is then removed from this plane of existence. By blaming an external agent for all conflict, the members of the community can delude themselves into believing themselves and other members innocent of any wrongdoing, and this has a pacifying effect. It's the process by which internal violence within a community is externalised.

This is exactly the same mechanism modern day atheists follow when they blame religion, and ironically Christianity of all things, for all the violence in the world.
>>
>>414671
Posts like this made me stop wanting to be a Jewish Christian and just a jew

Thanks anon
>>
>>414671
Why do the Jews ALWAYS win?
>>
>>415209
Prove what the correct context is first.
>>
>>415309
>>415307
>>415208
>>414794
>>414671
>Christianity is false because it doesn't match these nonsensical Jewish ramblings
>therefore Judaism is true
>and now I'll just samefag a billion times
>>
>>415301
>Where did he instigate violence?

temple merchants. and they weren't violent. they just sold things...

>God is non-violent

how so? didn't he annihilate all humanity for the sins of some, and only saved Noah?

>Pre-Christian religions are built around sacrifice and the underlying scapegoating mechanism

the core of christianity is a man nailed to a cross to alleviate all sin in mankind. The bible refers to this as the ultimate sacrifice.

Are you allright?
>>
>>415317
>nonsensical Jewish ramblings
>is the basis for Christianity
>shit doesn't line up
>uh..uh.DEUA VULT

you realize you don't have to convert to Judaism in order to recognize its true, right? Look up the 7 laws of Noah
>>
>>415332
>believing Jewish scripture and the interpretation of it is unchanged since Christianities creation.
>>
>>415329

>temple merchants
Are you serious? He just knocked over their stands, that's not fucking violence.

>didn't he annihilate all humanity for the sins of some, and only saved Noah?
Talking about Christianity here, not Judaism.

>The bible refers to this as the ultimate sacrifice.
Ultimate means last. There are no sacrifices in Christianity. Because it's the sacrifice that will end all sacrifices because its true nature is revealed. Thanks to the Revelation, violent powers can never again persecute without revealing their own violence.
>>
>>415343
The Jews believe all that now because the Jews in jesus' time did as well. They knew he wasn't the real deal.
>>
>>415332
Hebrew mythological nonsense most certainly is not the basis of Christianity. The Gospel is. Anyone who gives the Old Testament any sort of credence beyond the occasional allegory does not understand Christianity.
>>
>>415353
Although I'll assume you're trolling at this point, I'll explain. The only reason the gospels would have any credence is if they lined up EXACTLY with the old testament REQUIREMENTS. they don't, end of story.
>>
>>415359
Fucking hell, how much of a pussy are you? Somebody stabs you or punches you in the face, that's violence. Not talking about triggering your feelings or whatever.
>>
>>415345
>He just knocked over their stands, that's not fucking violence.

WHAT, I JUST SLAPPED HIM A LITTLE, WHY IS HE CRYING LIKE A BABY?

>Talking about Christianity here, not Judaism.

oh I see, your personal convenient denomination.

>Ultimate means last. There are no sacrifices in Christianity. Because it's the sacrifice that will end all sacrifices because its true nature is revealed. Thanks to the Revelation, violent powers can never again persecute without revealing their own violence.

Last means one. There was a sacrifice of the "lamb of god". To save mankind from it sins. The whole of mankind, according to you, should believe in Christ because he "died for our sins". But that's definitely not scapegoatism, because you said so. All the other before christ were scapegoatism, Jesus' sacrifice is not scapegoatism because it doesn't have a temporary character.
And violent powers persecute, they always did. What does "withouth revealing their own violence" even mean??
>>
>>415345
Any use of force for the purpose of intimidation is violence. It's just not assault which is a specific type of violence
>>
>>415312
I don't have time to go through your entire post but just a few should give you perspective how much you fucked up.

>The whole world will worship the One God of Israel.
>Currently does not happen.
But it fucking does. There are worshippers of God in most places in the world, christians missionaries reached almost everywhere, even remote places like isolated jungle tribes. You want to understand it literally as 'every living thing and the planet itself'? That's retarded.

>Knowledge of God will fill the world.
>This means irrefutable evidence. Knowledge, not faith.
Define faith? And it did fill it, we have an academic discipline concerned God, theology. We have christian philosophy. Both are widespread and have a tradition of 2000 years behind them. The culture connected with them and associated values spread over the world and exist to this day.

>Nations will recognize the wrongs they did to Israel.
>Holocaust deniers
They are a minority. The world is your oyster now. I could get to prison for saying holocaust didn't happen, it's a crime. No other nation has that. My nation lost as many people to genocide and we don't have a law against denying that in our own fucking country. We have a law for holocaust though. Check your jew privilege.

And so on. Each of your claims falls apart under scrutiny. Just stop posting forever.
>>
>>415362
What gives the Old Testament any credence or any authority on anything Shlomo?

The Gospel stands on its own. The words of Jesus stand on their own. The only reason the Old Testament should be included is to serve as reference to better understand Jesus' vocabulary and stories.
>>
>>414671

you're highly deluded if you seriously think the "Jews" of 2015 are the same ethnicity as the Jews in pre-70AD Roman Judea
>>
>>415378

>You want to understand it literally as 'every living thing and the planet itself'? That's retarded.

Typical
>>
>>415378
I didn't even write that stuff, but here goes

Only 54% of the world believes in abrahamic religion. Hardly universal.

The knowledge of God isn't the specific Jewish kind he's talking about, that ought to be easy to see.

The holocaust/pogroms aren't recognized in many Muslims countries, and still wish destruction on the Jewish people. Also, legitimate holocaust deniers exist everywhere, more in European countries because of Muslim migration and proselytizing.

Tl:dr you're an idiot
>>
>>415372
Wait so you actually think the Christians sacrificed Jesus?
>>
>>415394
didn't Jesus sacrifice himself for the whole of mankind? Wasn't that the devine plan?
>>
>>415384
Ashkenazi Jews are mixed with north Italians maternally, but other than that they're levantine. Also, see Sephardic/mizrahim Jews and white Palestinians.

Who are the REAL Jews, in your eyes?
>>
>>415382
Then why does the gospel try to reference the OT requirements?
>>
>>415392
>legitimate holocaust deniers exist everywhere, more in European countries because of Muslim migration and proselytizing.

how about racist white people?
And let me give you some insight as well, anti-semitism is not a special branch of racism. There is not one racist who is not anti-semitic and vice versa. It's a mindframe, despite racista claiming to taking a like to certain races and only hating one or three.
>>
>>415378

shut the fuck up
>>
>>415407
I can see that. But most holocaust deniers are brown 2bh
>>
>>415399
He didn't go out try to get himself killed if that's what you mean. Although at one point he probably realised it was inevitable. It's just what happens to non-violence in a violent world. And while he spoke of it throughout the Gospel, it's the Passion that revealed the truth of his words for all to see.

>>415405
Trying to sell Christianity to Jews I guess. It really shouldn't matter to anyone who isn't Jewish.
>>
>>415421
OK. So let's all cry for those poor merchants who got some of their stuff knocked over that one time. Truly Christianity is the most monstrous ideology that ever was.
>>
>>415412
Officially, on a state level, I don't see it as absurd, I mean I know there are states that deny it. But I don't think arabs, aryans and north africans on a personal level are that much different than western societies in their acceptance of history.

Let me be clear in case you are wondering, I 'm not denying the massive annihilation process of dissidents and the genocide of jews (Holocaust) during Nazi Germany, I am just trying to differentiate that from the Holocaust as a hardline for foreign policy.
>>
>>415419
>He didn't go out try to get himself killed if that's what you mean. Although at one point he probably realised it was inevitable

Allright, but doesn't the acceptance of his death as means of absolving, by the christians, give to his death the meaning of a sacrifice? And doesn't his death, instead of the death of the evil-doers, make Jesus a scapegoat?

>>415435
you said Christ was non-violent. The degree of violence is irrelevant, he knocked the tables over, he didn't try to make them realise the desecration they inflicted by a parabole.
>>
>>415451

>And doesn't his death, instead of the death of the evil-doers, make Jesus a scapegoat?
Yes, in the eyes of the persecutors, of course. That's why they did it. But what is entirely new in the Passion compared to all other religions (with some transitional exceptions in Judaism) is the way the story is told. It's not told from the point of view of the persecutors, but of the victim. That's how it reveals the scapegoating mechanism, and the fact that this sacrifice like all sacrifices is based on a lie.

>doesn't the acceptance of his death as means of absolving, by the christians, give to his death the meaning of a sacrifice?
The Passion doesn't absolve us of our sins, that's misunderstanding Christianity as if it were any other religion. It only reveals truth. It's the anti-sacrifice.
>>
>>415345
>He just knocked over their stands

>So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.

He was whipping people.
>>
>>415471
>Yes, in the eyes of the persecutors, of course. That's why they did it.

so Jesus didn't accept the role?
He didn't die for our sins? Or does that phrase mean "he died because of our sins" i.e. because there was a hierarchy in society that killed him/man's society killed him?

>this sacrifice like all sacrifices is based on a lie

so the whole meaning of the devine plan was to debunk sacrifice? for what? for making people abandon pagan religions and follow christ? would that serve the purpose of realisation, as you claim, that all power was based on evil? That would only justify political struggle between the exploiters and the exploited.
You 're just transfering the base of class struggle to god then, instead of the level of the means of production.
>>
>>415436
Understood
>>
>>415498
Of for fuck's sake nobody cares, there was worse shit going on at the time (or in our time).
>>
>>415508
Yes, he died because of our sins, exactly.

>for what?
By debunking sacrifice you debunk all possible justifications for violence. Sacrifice, in one form or another, is the very foundation of all human society and culture since Man became Man.

>That would only justify political struggle between the exploiters and the exploited.
What? No, there is nothing about exploiters or exploited, or any other category that would justify violence, there is only violence and non-violence. All violence is bad, even if it's by the exploited against the exploiters. I can never be justified because those who use violence always believe they are in the right.
>>
File: 1444083627446.jpg (10 KB, 426x382) Image search: [Google]
1444083627446.jpg
10 KB, 426x382
>>414642
Islam is false because Christianity is correct.
>>
>>415541
>Sacrifice, in one form or another, is the very foundation of all human society and culture since Man became Man.

>All violence is bad, even if it's by the exploited against the exploiters

by allowing my aggressors to advance on me, don't I allow violence on myself? If I find the courage and resources to defend myself, couldn't that deter the attacker and prevent violence from happening?
What do you do to stop the rich from draining the poor? Would you allow for that violence to continue? Who perpetrates greater violence? The owner of a lignite mining facility who has the inhabitants of the town at his wim and lays off 100 workers and destroys the natural beauty, or a desperate worker who batters a foreman?
>>
Global Warming Enviromentalism

The globe isn't warming.
>>
>>415539
>the Messiah isn't violent
wut

He got angry one time and even then he didn't inflict any bodily harm or do anything that at the time would ever be considered remotely violence. You'll notice he wasn't crucified as punishment for knocking over those coins, so this doesn't affect either what he preached or the meaning of the Passion.
>>
>>415601

>by allowing my aggressors to advance on me, don't I allow violence on myself?
Lol, what kind of semantic acrobatics are those? You're responsible for the violence you commit. And no you don't stop violence by committing more violence. That turn the other cheek line was pretty clear.

>Who perpetrates greater violence?
Again, you're trying to justify violence by revenge, because you believe you're in the right. The trouble is everybody always believes they're in the right. "He started it!" is what everyone has always believed since the dawn of time.

The only way this ends is if all violence stops, but each person can only stop their own violence.
>>
>>415620
>he didn't inflict any bodily harm or do anything that at the time would ever be considered remotely violence

He was WHIPPING people.
>>
>>415649
Didn't Jesus effectively condemn the equalisation of violence that you 're now rationalising, by saying that "it's easier for a camel to go through a hole in a needle than for a rich man to enter heaven"? Why didn't he just say "...than for a violent man to enter heaven"?

I think you misunderstand Jesus, not me. The "turn the other cheek" doctrine is meant for equal people, for neighbours, for the everyday man not to be petty in his transactions and relations, but generous, and to forgive -excuse me the term- "microaggressions". To first seek amicable solutions before resorting to retribution.
>>
>>415672
>Why didn't he just say "...than for a violent man to enter heaven"?
You couldn't find enough other passages in the Gospel condemning violence?

VIOLENCE IS NEVER JUSTIFIED, that's what he repeats over and over and over. Jesus did not fucking say kill your boss because he's richer than you, I have no idea how you could possibly think that.

>The "turn the other cheek" doctrine is meant for equal people
Really, does the line say "turn the other cheek unless you have an inferiority complex in which case pop a cap in that nigga"?
>>
>>415711
>huge inequality gap is the root plague of humanity
>inferiority complex
>You couldn't find enough other passages in the Gospel condemning violence?

do you know how many there are that encourage violence?
oh, I forgot, they 're out of context.
>>
Do you realize interreligious debate is a thing, OP?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oedHOFN5QUs
>>
>>416378
It's like watching two nerds argue over captains Kirk and Picard
>>
>>416509
this
>>
File: 1315106975719.png (2 MB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1315106975719.png
2 MB, 1280x1024
>>416509
>>
>>416509
Thats pretty much what religion is about. Dumb nerds taking their dumb fiction too seriously.
>>
>>414794
>>414794

RIP Judaism

ftfy

Literally no New Testament
>>
>>415238
>Jesus was peaceful
>therefore the religion that is kind of based on him is right
Are you fucking retarded or trolling? This is the most arbitrary and baseless defense of religion I have encountered.
>>
>>415238
Christianity, as with all religions, started in one tiny place, when the rest of the earth was populated by a wildly marvelous diversity of religious beliefs—and yet, curiously enough, the concept of warfare over religious differences was virtually nonexistent. Most people in ancient times believed it was proper to respect the gods of other peoples. This changed on a global scale when Christianity was spread, quite literally, by the sword. Those who attempted to assert their religious differences were harassed, tortured, robbed of their land and belongings, even killed. Before it achieved political power, Christianity was a small sect, a heresy against the Jewish faith, that had to accept equality among all the other religions of the Roman Empire. Yet it was the first religion to openly attack the religions of other people as false (the Jews, at least, were a little more tactful). Needless to say, Christianity only truly flourished when it had the ability to eliminate the competition—when it had the full support of Rome’s Emperors after 313 A.D., and when, in 395 A.D., every religion other than Christianity was actually outlawed. Through force and decree Christianity was immersed in the cultural surroundings of lands near and far, and in an environment where it was widely accepted, if not the only thing accepted, it spread and planted itself among subjugated peoples. As kids grew up taking Christian ideas for granted, they often did not realize that only a few generations ago those ideas were entirely alien.

Colonization of the world, more often than not by robbery and warfare, spread Christianity into the Americas and other corners of the earth, just as Islam was spread throughout Asia and Africa. It is not a coincidence that the two most widespread religions in the world today are the most warlike and intolerant religions in history.
>>
File: hallelujah.gif (1 MB, 320x214) Image search: [Google]
hallelujah.gif
1 MB, 320x214
>>417228
this
>>
>>416199
That would be 0, dipshit.
>>
For christianity (and islam too) you should read 'zealot' by reza aslan
>>
>>417228
Oh look, this pasta again. It wasn't true the last time I saw it, and it's not true now. Go look up the Han, Bantu, or Babylonian expansions and what happened to the religions of the people they expanded over.

The only way it's "true" is to loudly and stupidly insist that Hellenic Greek norms were universal. They were not.
>>
>>417394
>pasta
>>
File: Bro....jpg (17 KB, 360x246) Image search: [Google]
Bro....jpg
17 KB, 360x246
>>417228
>when the rest of the earth was populated by a wildly marvelous diversity of religious beliefs—and yet, curiously enough, the concept of warfare over religious differences was virtually nonexistent.
>>
>>417504
Such absolute religious intolerance is an idea that found its earliest expression in the Old Testament, where the Hebrew tribe depicts itself waging a campaign of genocide on the Palestinian peoples to steal their land. They justified this heinous behavior on the grounds that people not chosen by their god were wicked and therefore did not deserve to live or keep their land. In effect, the wholesale slaughter of the Palestinian peoples, eradicating their race with the Jew’s own Final Solution, was the direct result of a policy of religious superiority and divine right. Joshua 6-11 tells the sad tale, and one need only read it and consider the point of view of the Palestinians who were simply defending their wives and children and the homes they had built and the fields they had labored for. The actions of the Hebrews can easily be compared with the American genocide of its native peoples—or even, ironically, the Nazi Holocaust.
>>
>>415391
Ikr?

>>415392
No John, you are the idiots. You see, percents don't mean shit when the verse says there will be worshippers everywhere, not how many there will be.
And all Christians worship the Jewish God. Muslims as well.

>muh muslims
They are a group that is universally hated and despised in the west. We bomb some of them daily. Meanwhile Israel is relatively strong and affluent, easily a 1st world standard of living with decent personal safety despite being surrounded by enemies. Poor Jews, eh?

>>415408
Nice argument faggot.
>>
>>417708
>the verse says there will be worshippers everywhere, not how many there will be.

Here is what they ACTUALLY say:

>the Lord alone will be exalted in that day

>And the glory of the Lord will be revealed,
>and all people will see it together.
>For the mouth of the Lord has spoken

>Then I will purify the lips of the peoples, that all of them may call on the name of the LORD and serve him shoulder to shoulder
>>
I.Gods are invented by men
II.Gods exist

Do you think these two propositions are mutually exclusive?
>>
>>417228
>the concept of warfare over religious differences was virtually nonexistent.
Holy shit you can't possibly be this innocent.

This is adorable.
>>
>>417765
Before the rise of Christianity, religious tolerance, including a large degree of religious freedom, was not only custom but in many ways law under the Roman and Persian empires. They conquered for greed and power, rarely for any declared religious reasons, and actually sought to integrate foreign religions into their civilization, rather than seeking to destroy them. People were generally not killed because they practiced a different religion. Indeed, the Christians were persecuted for denying that the popular gods existed—not for following a different religion. In other words, Christians were persecuted for being intolerant.
>>
>>417765
you have cognitive dissonance. You should read a book besides the book from time to time.
>>
>>415384
you're highly deluded if you seriously think the "whites" of 2015 in the USA are the same ethnicity as the Europeans that came in the time of the colonisation.

There are no white people in the US anymore, all are mongrelised and of mixed racial ethnicity.
>>
File: image.jpg (152 KB, 582x718) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152 KB, 582x718
>>414642

Mr. Blachford, you are quite wrong in supposing that the Christian and the Muslim deny each other's miracles.

No religion that thinks itself true, bothers about the miracles of another religion.
I deny the doctrines of that religion, I deny it's morals.

but i would never think it is worthwhile to deny it's signs and wonders. And why not? because these have always been thought possible, because the general existence of a world of spirits and of strange magical powers is a part of the common sense of mankind.

The pharisees did not dispute the miracles of Christ, they said that they were worked by devilry.

The Roman world did not deny the possibility that Christ was a god. It was far too enlightened for that. What matters about a religion is not whether it can work marvels like any ragged Indian conjurer, but whether it holds the true philosophy of the universe. The Romans, as I have said, were quite willing to accept that Christ was a god, but they deny that he was THE God. The highest truth of the cosmos. And this is the only point worth discussing about Christianity
>>
>>417860
Fails at the first sentence
>>
>>415451

Do you even understand how the whole forgiveness of sins thing works?

[spoiler]GRACE[/spoiler]
>>
THE BIBLE IS ONE PERSON

THE BIBLE IS ONE PERSON
>>
File: 1391260039433.jpg (18 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1391260039433.jpg
18 KB, 400x300
>>417961
>>
>>417948

That's not really an explanation of how it works.
>>
>>417877
Are you retarded?
>>
>>417738
Can I invent my own god that's a cute girl? I'm sure I can find a bunch of other neckbeards to worship her.
>>
>>415238
>IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
whatever you say senpai
>>
>>418114

Different anon here but clearly he isn't.

Islam denies the miracle that Jesus was in fact god in human form.

Christianity denies that the Quran is the perfect word of god, which Islam claims is Muhammad's greatest miracle.
>>
>>418119
Everyone loves worshiping cute girls. That's half the appeal of Catholicism around the world. If you can get the ball rolling it will probably catch on.
>>
>>418149
Jesus being the son of God isn't a miracle

The Quran being the by perfect word of God isn't a miracle

Jesus Christ healing the sick is a miracle
Muhammad hearing a voice in a cave is a miracle
>>
>>418245
>Jesus being the son of God isn't a miracle
>The Quran being the by perfect word of God isn't a miracle

The two most central miracles to the two largest religions in the world... are not miracles
>>
>>415347
>>415359
>>415498
Go peddle your wares outside of the church somewhere else fucking Jews nobody wants your shit
>>
File: 62049_1.jpg (13 KB, 285x214) Image search: [Google]
62049_1.jpg
13 KB, 285x214
>>418245
>>
>>418263
You are arguing weather or not qualities are miracles

In the context of this quote and in the only context I have ever heard the word used, miracles are events
>>
Humanities was a mistake
>>
>>418298
Then the events are

>God coming to earth in human form

And

>God inspiring Muhammad to write a perfect book
>>
>>418271
>outside of the church
>somewhere else
So you want I should move to the other side of the church?
>>
>>418335
Somewhere else that is also out of the church you sly fox Juden
>>
File: greatchain-correspondences.gif (51 KB, 688x599) Image search: [Google]
greatchain-correspondences.gif
51 KB, 688x599
>>414642
>>
File: neat.jpg (33 KB, 600x486) Image search: [Google]
neat.jpg
33 KB, 600x486
>>418298
>>418245

The incarnation is the greatest miracle of Christianity.

https://www.gci.org/church/holidays/greatest

The Quran is the greatest miracle of Islam.

http://www.al-islam.org/fifty-lessons-on-principles-of-belief-for-youth-makarim-shirazi/lesson-25-greatest-miracle-prophet

Clearly god being incarnated on Earth is an event and a miracle.

Clearly god communicating the Quran to Mohammad is both an event and a miracle.

It's like you entered some competition to come up with the stupidest argument possible and won with flying colours and then enterered another competition to defend your argument in the most idiotic way possible and won first prize.

Since I assume you are also either a Muslim or a Christian you also display the most astonishing ignorance of your own religion.
>>
File: skatemad2.jpg (39 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
skatemad2.jpg
39 KB, 375x500
>>418271
this isn't a church
>>
>>418325
Jesus Christ being the son of God seems more of a quality

Not so much an event Jesus preformed, which is the context of this quote

And I would say that God inspiring Muhammad to write would fit my description

I do not deny that someone spoke to Muhammad
I deny that it was devine

As the quote above described
>>
>>418370
I do not deny that Jesus was born by unusual means

I do not deny that something dictated the Quran to Muhammad

The debate is weather these were divine or not
>>
>>418381
But 4chan is my church, and memes are my religion.
>>
>>418397

Oh for goodness sake.

>I do not deny that Jesus was born by unusual means

That is the virgin birth, not the incarnation, the incarnation is that Jesus was literally god in human form.

>I do not deny that something dictated the Quran to Muhammad

If you are denying that the "something" was god then you are denying the central miracle of Islam.

>The debate is weather these were divine or not

If you denying that either of them are divine then you are denying the central miracle of the respective religions.
>>
>>418438
Yes. We debate on weather or not miraclous events are divine

As my quote said

That is what I put forward from the beginning

I don't know why we went in this big circle
Did you even read my quote?
>>
>>418483

I'm not sure 'weather' or not you are trolling at this point.

I am sure that you have proved Poe's Law and that I am slighter dumber for having even read your posts.

Good day you fucking retard.
>>
God has been replaced by "markets"
Fastening has been replaced by "austerity"
Church has been replaced by "international financial institutions"
Heaven has been replaced by "development/increase of the GDP"
Hell has been replaced "crisis"
>>
WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
>>
>>418514
>OP asks how you answer other religions' miracles
>well it's not whether they're divine or not, we don't really care if they happened or not.

>B-b-b-but you're not answering the question
You're trying to argue against a straw man
you aren't responding to the quote faggot

He said my quote was wrong on the first sentence

It's not

Chesterton was talking about whether they were divine or not
Not whether or not they happened

And I'm very sorry I misspelled words on my mobile
But you should work on your reading comprehension
>>
Consider the following:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monopoly

Tell me how the characteristics that apply to monopolies don't apply to monotheism.

YHWH has engaged in anti-competitive behavior until he drove most of the competition out. Do you notice a correlation in miracles, the number and degree, in the past when YHWH had to compete with other gods, and polytheistic gods competed with each other?

It was not unusual for a person to worship a god for worldly gain, and if the god didn't deliver, the worshiper could move on and offer sacrifice to a different god.

The lack of miracles in today's world isn't because god doesn't exist, but because YHWH "bankrupted" most pagan gods by stealing their customer base, and deliberate action to suppress them. Now that YHWH is monotheistic and monopolistic, he maximizes his returns on miracle-making by not doing any miracles, because people will still pray to him just for the hope of a miracle, which costs god nothing. He presents false substitution with various denominations and Abrahamic faiths, but they're all still YHWH.
>>
File: 802-I_bet_the_jews_did_this.jpg (64 KB, 480x734) Image search: [Google]
802-I_bet_the_jews_did_this.jpg
64 KB, 480x734
>>414671
>>
>>415663

What ever man, I pay an angry german woman in leather to whip me every tuesday.

Theres nothing violent about it at all.
>>
>>418993
Jesus was literally Hitler
>>
>>418646
How do Christians feel about the fact that yahweh was part of the caananite pantheon before he was adopted by Israelites and made into the main God for convenience?
>>
>>421193
A list of gods yahweh was among https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Canaanite_deities
>>
>>421193
>>421401

you know that you are going to burn in hell for posting shit like this and i am going laugh from heaven as i see smoke coming from your body that is being burned but never distroyed by fire

this is prove any of your fucking stupid historical prove is wrong you fucking idiot

i suggest you look at fucking paskals wager on fucking wikipedi you numptree
>>
>>421504

no i wont jesus is my saviar and you hate him
>>
In the ancient world gods are tested by the "my daddy can kick your daddy's butt" rules

in which two civilizations fight and the the one that wins their gods are better.
Israelites almost wiped out most of the other peoples in Canaan with their OP arc, it's all the proof they need
>>
>>421520
But the Romans kicked their butts, so why didn't they start worshipping Roman gods?
>>
>>414642
OP, people should also post what their religion is before laying out their arguments. Can't check their bullshit if we don't know what kool-aid they drink.
>>
>>418383
Muslims deny the resurrection, which is an event.

Christians deny that Mohammad split the moon in half and went flying away on a horse with a woman's head.
>>
>>422211
they thought to do that when the Babylonians kicked them out but then the Persians re-installed them

when the Romans came they thought it would happen again, and it did, just 2000 years later.
>>
>>422258
That is covered in the third rule
>>
>>415238
>The foundation of all non-Christian religions and ideologies is that violence is in certain circumstances justified, and that it is caused by a god or other foreign elements, instead of by the perpetrators themselves.

>Laughing Jains

I bet you arent even vegan.
>>
>>414642
Islam:

It assumes that a superior entity that created the universe will sentence you to eternal suffering if you eat porks
>>
>>423314
So?
>>
>>414671
I can't tell if this is a joke
>>
>>424251
How could it possibly be a joke?
>>
>>424499

It's either that or that guy is the most gullible man on the planet.

I can make the same post about Islam and Muhammed and cause a christposting shitstorm
>>
>>424503

*jewposting
>>
>>424503
>that guy is the most gullible man on the planet.

???
>>
>>423788
So anyone with a brain can understand it's bullshit
>>
>>425293
And Christianity sentences to me for an eternity in hell for jacking off and making love to my girlfriend. And it is based on a religion that had the exact same pork laws. Both are equally "ridiculous"
>>
File: m1lETT5.jpg (569 KB, 962x3726) Image search: [Google]
m1lETT5.jpg
569 KB, 962x3726
>>425293
>>
>>421477
I'm scared
>>
>>414671
I might be responding to a troll, but just in case, this is not a good argument against christianity. the point of prophecies is that they happen in the future. there is no time stamp attached to these out-of-context statements.
>>
File: waning-crescent-moon.jpg (46 KB, 640x468) Image search: [Google]
waning-crescent-moon.jpg
46 KB, 640x468
>>422321
If Muhammad didn't split the moon in half, why is part of it missing?
Shah mat, kuffar
>>
>>414671
BASED!

This is why I love being Jewish
>>
>>415176
To be fair, Buddhism easily has more texts than any other religion and entails a huge range of positions and views among the dozens and dozens of traditions. Often these traditions hold mutually exclusive views.

Furthermore, several of them are not critical in spirit, but are rather topical and so don't emphasize or come close to being "kind of logical". Some Buddhaologists distinguish these two categories of traditions as "Critical Buddhism" and "Topical Buddhism".

So why there are sects of theravada, madhyamaka, and so forth that are "actually kind of logical", there really are others that are not by any stretch of the imagination.
Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.