[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to be a good Catholic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: Francis.jpg (51 KB, 700x460) Image search: [Google]
Francis.jpg
51 KB, 700x460
>be Catholic
>apologize to gays >>1359070
>wash refugee feet
>pray to Allah (see Lumen Gentium, Nostra Aetate)
>remember salvation comes not by works, but faith alone >>1358946
>even though atheists can go to heaven
http://www.catholic.org/news/hf/faith/story.php?id=51077
Wew.

Are you being a good Catholic /his/?
>>
File: 1457928173435.jpg (392 KB, 2502x3203) Image search: [Google]
1457928173435.jpg
392 KB, 2502x3203
>>1360449
>be protestant
>truly believe in god
>live a life of sin and debauchery
>become a serial killer with hundreds of victims
>thanks to protestantism, end up in heaven

Seems good
>>
>>1360469
Reminder that Catholics must believe the same thing as Lutherans, or else

>>1358946

Unless you're an atheist, of course. Then you get to go to heaven without believing in anything.
>>
>>1360480
Reminder that if you are literally Hitler but believe in God, you will go to Heaven according to protestantism
>>
>>1360485
>he doesn't know that Catholics believe the same thing now

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/pontifical_councils/chrstuni/documents/rc_pc_chrstuni_doc_31101999_cath-luth-joint-declaration_en.html

Oh the sweet cognitive dissonance...
>>
Any good Catholics here??
>>
>>1360469
Isn't this in pretty much all doctrines of Christianity and Islam?

Allah and Jesus are merciful, f a m
>>
>waaaah, the pope has Christian values
>>
>>1361502
People like to live out edgy fantasies with Christianity.
>>
>>1361475
God is just famalam, he judges you based on your works as well as your faith. The idea he'll let you get into paradise simply because you think he's a swell guy is idiotic
>>
To be honest, Catholics and protestants have pretty much been on the same level for a long time now.

If you're not attending Tridentine Mass on Sundays while secretly being an esotericist with a personal temple and alchemical tools at home, you're not doing this tradition thing right anyway.
>>
>>1361561
Esotericist master race reporting.

Why only the globalist elites get to have all the fun?
>>
>>1361502
These are not really christian values senpai
>>
>4chan
>"""""""""""""""""christian"""""""""""""""""

In name only. People on here only like the DOOS FULT crusaders because of Islam, and beyond that people on here don't give a flying shit about Christianity.

If they did, they'd be constantly posting on how awesome it is to help the homeless and how they've fed ever more poor people in the soup kitchen than last week
>>
>>1361573
honestly senpai, how do you safely get into esoteric stuff? It looks interesting, but /fringe/ stuff made me highly uncomfortable, I even feel scared about meditation, and definitely don't want to fuck with channeling, astral projection, chakras and other New Age shit like that. I just want peace of mind and fulfillment. Like a buddhist monk or something, except I don't want to be the weird white guy buddhist.
>>
>>1360449
Alot of people think the Pope is our "leader" that we are in a club and must do as he does. Alot of Catholics, as myself disagrees with this Argentinian pissbag. A false catholic if anything, asking this is as if I were to ask anyone at all if they rape men because Jeffrey was doing that.
>>
>>1361608
Nice job projecting your own vanity onto christians there friend
>>
>>1361621
Why did /fringe/ stuff make you uncomfy?
>>
>>1361608
As someone who has actually worked in soup kitchens, it's not actually really a help unless you are are doing something like dishes, but even then, not really a big thing, there will always be an abundance of old ladies who have a lot of time on their hands and will do it just to hang and out chitchat with other old ladies. If you want to make a difference donating labor, it's better to do something like tutoring for the GED or helping poor people fix up their homes.
>>
>>1361633
Seeing satanist stuff in the recommended reading was just a big NOPE. I am still unsure about Christianity but I know for sure Satan is a bad guy if he exists. Also, I didn't want to become some freaky newage borderline schizo guy. Also, tulpas. Tulpas are fucking scary and why anyone would do that to themselves is beyond me.
>>
>>1361629

Then tell me, o pious one, how much time do you spend helping the poor and needy? Or is the golden rule conveniently a metaphor as well?
>>
>>1361502
b-b-but muh deus bult
>>
>>1361647
I am poor myself, my charity is to share the gospel.
>>
>>1361770
You're rich enough to afford a computer and internet.
>>
We need to fucking crusade against this cuck piece of shit

DEUS VAULT DEUS VAULT DEUS VAULT
>>
File: back.jpg (136 KB, 546x700) Image search: [Google]
back.jpg
136 KB, 546x700
>>1361813
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.