[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Lutherans and Catholics, Protestants, all of us agree on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: pope francis.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
pope francis.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
>Lutherans and Catholics, Protestants, all of us agree on the doctrine of justification. On this point, which is very important, he (Martin Luther) did not err. He made a medicine for the Church…

Seriously, what did he mean by this?

And no, I'm not making this up:

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/full-text-pope-francis-inflight-press-conference-from-armenia-45222/
>>
>>1358946
>doctrine of justification
>On this point
>he (Martin Luther) did not err

Sola fide confirmed. Catholics BTFO.
>>
He means now that the Lutherans have female ordination and gay marriage, they're ready to be reconciled.
>>
>>1359017
really your hate boner for the catholic church is something else. The pope reaches out to people outside the church and you treat it like he is rewriting the doctrines on gay marriage and premarital sex.

Honestly it seems like many Orthodox resent the Roman church for its prominence
>>
I really hope he wasn't serious. If he was, I hope that people can see how ridiculous this iniquitous modern world is.
>>
>>1359040
>you treat it like he is rewriting the doctrines
>doctrine of justification
>Martin Luther did not err
>>
>muh justification
>>
>>1359040
The Pope is a globalist and "reaches out to people" to get friendliness from the media. Benedict was forced out and he was put in specifically to cultivate the damaged relationship with the media the Church had.

Lither did not offer medicine, he was a wicked person who splintered the already damaged Church and taught lies as doctrine. He advocated for the mass killing of peasants saying God told him too, and urged genocide against Jews. He was an agent of Satan, and therefore it is no surprise the Pope says these things about him. Mark 3:26
>>
>>1359041
>I hope that people can see how
People can't see. They literally CAN'T UNDERSTAND the historical and theological significance of this statement! It passes over their heads entirely. "Oh, it's just Pope Francis being nice again."
>>
I'd love to see what so-called "conservative" Catholics have to say on this.

>It's the media misrepresenting him again!!

>When he said he did no err, HE ACTUALLY MEANT, he did not err A LITTLE!

>It's out of context!
>>
>>1359068
Luther said to sin and sin boldly. It was the inevitable result of his false teaching on Justification whereby everyone is saved merely for saying: "Lord, Lord."

Bergoglio has now unequivocally stated his belief in Luther's heresy on Justification. It is not surprising then, that he also encourages people to sin.
>>
Its like when the pope kept begging ottomans to convert, except now pope juan is begging the anglos to convert and not build the wall
>>
>>1359083
And the Catholic Catechism says that God "did not will to save us."

What's that? You mean there's more? Context? The fuck is that?
>>
>>1359104
The context doesn't change this at all though, the article is right there for you to see.
>>
>>1359119
The "sin boldly" quote came from a letter instructing Melanchthon not to preach an inefficacious mercy. The Lamb paid a dear price to save real sinners from real sins, not a small price to save good people from imaginary sins.
>>
>>1358946
This is only between Lutherans and Catholics. Luther's own Sola Fide is just Catholic lite
>>
>>1359057
Cool conspiracy theory
>>
>>1359131
Melanchthon is a synergist
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.