[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need Pc Input
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LFKFJx

Hey guys just wanted your opinion on the computer that im building would really like your input since i really know little about pcs and wanted to know if there were better options to the parts that i choose and whatnot.

TL:DR
I need your opinion on this.
>>
File: PC5.png (61 KB, 782x695) Image search: [Google]
PC5.png
61 KB, 782x695
>>54677983
You are building a similiar computer to mine, though I am putting a bit more money in I have some solid advice for you.

>Barracuda
Replace with western digital black. The barracuda is a horrible hard drive (I have owned 2) they slow down very fast and are extremely unreliable. You will get a much more reliable and better drive with the western digital black.
>Samsung 250gb
This isn't very much memory. I assume you are just wanting to stick your OS on it and maybe a few games. Some games will load faster on the SSD but if you can live with 250gb and only have a few games you'd put on it then that's fine. I would invest a bit more in the 500gb though but that's just my opinion.

I really like the case you picked and might opt for that myself. Any particular reasons you chose that case?

here is what I chose instead (pic related)
>>
>>54678112
thanks for telling be about the barracuda and the advice on the ssd though im changing my hard drive i think i might be fine for now on the ssd. And well man to be quite honest the case I hated choosing because of the variety though i really loved the look on the one i choose and i saw a lot of good reviews for said case.
Your choice is pretty great as well are you going for a red and black build?
>>
>>54678259
Yes red/black themed build I am shooting for which is why I shot for the H440 (though I hear it has some airflow issues) but I will try to work around them. I do plan to do some overclocking as well. The case you chose is probably superior overall but I don't like the aesthetic so much (though that is personal preference)

The barracuda drives are notorious for being garbage and you are saving yourself money, time and frusteration by not choosing one. I owned 1 TB one that failed on me in year 2 and I just recently bought a 2TB last summer and it is already starting to show the same signs of failure. I read up on Western Digital Black and apparently they are a hell of a lot more reliable and wil last longer.

The I5 6600k is a great processor for gaming, I assume you plan to overclock so the water cooler will help with that. Another interesting choice to look at would be

>http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/nzxt-cpu-cooler-rlkrx6101

It apparently performs better than the H100i at low fan speeds and is a bit more quiet. I might swap my h100i for that one before purchasing, haven't 100% decided yet.
>>
>>54678360
Well darn man ill probably look up some reviews and footage of it running. although i'm already way past my budget on my build.

And I really don't know much about overclocking a PC the site just told me that it was highly recommended to have a cooler, haha
>>
>>54678442
If you want to save on budget and want to leave a tad bit of room for OC you can ditch the watercooler all together and just go for the hyper 212 it offers nearly identical cooling if you do plan to experiment with OC, it's easier to put in for first time builders and it will keep your system cool even if you moderately overlock.
>>
>liquid cooled i5
>MSI PRO Overpriced Nonsense 5k Ultra Gaymen
>RAM as a custom part when it is in the PCP database
>Shitgate Crashacuda
>trusting Novideo to actually deliver on specs
Friendly reminder that, in addition to the 3.5 nonsense, they also blatantly lied about specs that actually mattered and blamed it on an 'internal miscommunication'.
>over 150 USD mid tower
>buying Windows OEM full price instead of just a key for 35 USD
>over 30 USD for a non mechanical keyboard
>Razer no less
>120 USD on cables for no reason other than color
This is bait right? If this isn't bait reconsider every choice that led you to this moment, because you have strayed far from the path of God.
>>
>>54678477
yeah I heard that Heat sinks were the more cost friendly option but idk man. the water cooler just seems more interesting to do even with the higher price.
>>
>>54678522
This post made me laugh so fucking hard, I love you anon whoever you are (this isn't OP by the way)

anyway his motherboard is fine for his build and the only thing he should swap out is his watercooler unless he plans to do heavy overclocking (and obviously the shit Barracuda)
>>
>>54678522
Sorry man not bait that's kinda why I posted this on here so that if there was anything that seemed off you guys could help me go back on the right track do you have any suggestions for what i should choose besides the things that i picked?
>>
>>54678547
You should still buy a watercooler if you want, they will make your system look better and will give you leeway for overclocking in the future.
>>
Poor fag here
About to pull the trigger on:
http://www.msy.com.au/vic/mitcham/pc-components/1222-gigabyte-ga-970a-d3p-amd3-970-4xddr3-2x-pci-e20x16-sata3-usb30-gblan-raid-atx-motherboard.html
http://www.msy.com.au/vic/mitcham/ssd/13820-kingston-shfs37a-120g-hyperx-fury-120gb-sata3-ssd-solid-state-drive.html
http://www.msy.com.au/vic/mitcham/pc-components/73-amd-am3-x8-fx-8320-35ghz-8core-16m-125w-boxed-cpu.html

Thoughts?
Gonna chuck a 270x from my current build in it and use a dodgy 600w Asian PSU from work I stole
>>
File: 1461882060133.jpg (227 KB, 1500x1395) Image search: [Google]
1461882060133.jpg
227 KB, 1500x1395
>>54677983
>>>/wsr/
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.