[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: 1460307493658.gif (2 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1460307493658.gif
2 MB, 400x400
I have one about Database normalisation.

If I have the Relation:

>R(ABCD)

and the FD's

>B -> C
>AC -> D
>AB -> D
>BD -> A

What are the Keys?

My answer was B, but when looking at the answer in the book I get AB and BD, why is that correct? I thought you can only create Keys from stuff that's not on the RHS.
>>
>Causes of segmentation fault
>Accessing beyond the bounds of an array: Make sure that you have not violated the bounds of any array you are using; i.e., you have not subscripted the array with a value less than the index of its lowest element or greater than the index of its highest element.

/g/, I'm doing some tests, please don't bother with how stupid the code looks.
Why DOESN'T the following give segmentation fault? Shouldn't it?
Is it a compiler issue?

#include <stdio.h>

int main(){

int arr[3];
arr[0]=0; printf("arr[0] = %d\n",arr[0]);
arr[1]=1; printf("arr[1] = %d\n",arr[1]);
arr[2]=2; printf("arr[2] = %d\n",arr[2]);
arr[3]=3; printf("arr[3] = %d\n",arr[3]);
arr[4]=4; printf("arr[4] = %d\n",arr[4]);
arr[5]=5; printf("arr[5] = %d\n",arr[5]);
return 0;
}

If I add arr[6] then it does.
>>
>>54462575
It's undefined behavior. It may or may not lead to an actual segfault. There's obviously some other data in stack that you overwriting with arr[3]..arr[5].
>>
File: lunix.png (159 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
lunix.png
159 KB, 1440x900
How do I make my desktop look like this. I will install any OS if it's possible to use a step by step guide to install and maintain..
>>
I have 4 slots of DDR3 RAM available on my motherboard, after upgrading my gpu and psu 2 of the sticks gave me beep codes (2x 2gb) I bought two new sticks (2x 2x2 ) however when the new sticks are installed with the old, I get the beep code. Additionally when both new sticks are inserted my system32 info tells me I only have 4gb. Any idea why?
>>
>>54462686
Didn't mean to sage w00ps
>>
>>54462690
Don't use RAM together that isn't from the same manufac.. Also.. are they even the same speeds?
>>
What's the meme weapon du jour? Are bows still cool? Or is it something else now?
>>
>>54462731
Old is 1333 (or something to that effect, can't recall the exact number) and the new sticks are 1600. I was told by the guy at fry's the sticks would work out fine with each other, but it seems not.
>>
>>54462757
we have invented guns
>>
>>54462776
I mean in entertainment.
>>
>>54462575
Interesting

If I compile this with clang, I get array-bounds warnings, correct values aren't assigned to out of bounds elements, and I never get a segfault when running.
If I compile it with gcc, I get no warnings, but the out of bound elements are assigned correctly until it segfaults.
>>
>>54462772
>Trusting a memelord from "Fry's"
They can do if you mess around with some settings, assuming your motherboard can even interact with RAM that speed

But you will always be throttled to the slower speed
>>
>>54462488
Pretty sure I found how to get the Keys, since only B doesn't get the whole relation, testing B with AB, BC and BD, got me with AB, and BD, that gets all attributes in the closure, so I guess that's how it works when you only have one attribute to work with.

I hope..
>>
>>54462825
I actually looked up the specs of my motherboard online, could barely find shit, how to I check supported speeds? Although I figure it works with the new sticks since they're in there .

Do you know why it's only displaying 4gb installed though?
>>
>>54462772
While it isn't ideal to have different type of RAM it should still work.
Your description of what happens is a bit confusing - you seem to say one set always gives beep codes and are confused when they give a beep code together? And you ask why having 2x2 installed only show 4gb?
>>
What are the new NVIDEA cards coming out/what's the difference between them? When will they be available?
>>
>>54462890
One has a lot of flops the other has more flops
In the next month or so
>>
>>54462868
What's your mobo?

http://www.howtogeek.com/131632/hardware-upgrade-why-windows-cant-see-all-your-ram/
>>
How much faster are the 1070 and 1080 cards compared to a 980 Ti?

I have a 980 Ti Superclocked edition from GIGABYTE.

Will we not know until benchmarks are out cause the only source is from NVIDIA?
>>
>>54462917
Is the 1070 worth getting/waiting for over a GTX 980 Ti 6GB?
>>
>>54462925
Not really that much, it is more powerful than the GTX 980 but not that much against the 980Ti.

Wait for benchmarks but i dont think its worth upgrading, wait for the Ti version.
>>
>>54462925
They claim the 1080 has ~2x the FLOPS of a 980
What that translates to in real performance is summed up by your second question.
>>
>>54462883
Any Configuration utilizing 3 or more sticks results in a beep code. However having any combination of 2 sticks in the same paired slot (the slots are arranged [][] [][]) let's the computer boot up normally. Currently I have 2 2x2 sticks ([x][x] [][]) but my computer is only displaying 4gb instead of 8.

Sorry if I explained that like a retard but I'm not sure how to explain without pictures, and I'm not home now.
>>
asked already in another thread, but what's a good micro usb that doesn't break after like a month?
>>
Long story short, my ext4 partition with Ubuntu got corrupted and I deleted it, but now I'm trying to recover it with MiniTool Partition Wizard. The program finds my ext4 partition, saying it is 97GB with 88GB of used space, just like how it was before it went to hell. But when I try to restore it, it only restores a parition with 40GB of total space and like 20GB of used space. But I have around 120GB of free space on my HD. Why is it not restoring the whole thing if I have enough space?
>>
Is it wrong to like the smell of my own farts but can't tolerate others?
>>
>>54462919
It's from an old pre-built

IPISB-VR Rev 1.01
MB.GCCOP.001
>>
>>54462984
Why not just get a normal USB and a USB to MicroUSB adapter?
>>
>>54462999
This is the pre-built (if it helps at all)

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2394490,00.asp
>>
If 4K is 4x 1080p and if say a game runs at 4K 60FPS on Ultra, then taking the res down to 1080p, would that logically equate to 240FPS in the game?
>>
No, almost everyone feels the same way.
>>
>>54462968
You made sure to test all the slots on the motherboard?

>Currently I have 2 2x2
Your motherboard has 4 RAM slots and your diagram show only 2 of them filled. Saying 2 x 2x2 would imply 4 separate 2GB sticks. You're still messing up something in describing it.
>>
>>54462984
What's a "micro usb"? That only describes the connector and not the device proper.
>>
>>54462986
Perfectly fine senpai.

I usually fart onto like a sock or something and sniff if aggressively cause all the fart was pushed into the sock.

FeelsPrettyGreat
>>
I'm a dipshit, and I want to be able to periodically run https://github.com/Nandaka/PixivUtil2 on my Debian. But I have no idea how to get shit running that's not in apt-get.
How do I get this running?
>>
>>54462690
Exactly what POST beeps?
If you can boot on it, download and open speccy, we will be able to see which motherboard do you have.
>>
>>54463056
No
FPS vs resolution is nonlinear, and you have to factor in CPU limitations.
>>
>>54463067
Yes all the slots work so long as 2 slots are filled with RAM. So 2 sticks of old or 2 sticks of new or 1 old and 1 new. However if the third of fourth slot is filled a beep code results. Perhaps I'm a retard but the guy told me me each 2x2 stick functioned as 4gb, thus 2 2x2 sticks should be 8 gb (om totally willing to accept I'm an imbecile here and was mislead but I'd like to be sure)

>>54463087
The computer doesn't POST when I get the code, it's a long repeating beep (about 2or 3 seconds). I know it's RAM because the computer works fine with only 2 sticks, but errors at 3 or 4

>>54463116
The slots are [blue][black] [blue][black]

I assumed the colors represented pairs but I still get a beep code if all slots are filled.
>>
Where can I find a solid Win10 Enterprise ISO?

There's a popular pastebin for it but all of the links are 404d by now and I'm not sure about using TPB or KAT these days.
>>
throughout most torrent downloads, malwarebytes randomly blocks some IP's my client connects to.

why is this? if these IP's are truly malicious in some way, how does malwarebytes know this?
>>
What's the most idiotproof, robust and lightweight-with-gui linux distro one can install on mid-2008 Celeron/2GB RAM laptops for onsite "technicians" who're supposed to configure UPSs via serial?
>>
>>54463222
microsoft.com

you shit
>>
>>54463534

Enterprise edition can't be downloaded from Microsoft dumbass
>>
>>54463323
Seconding this, I'm curious about the notifications aswell.

My guess is that the IP's you connect to are known to be seeding some other shit that Malwarebytes deems malicious, but once the actual torrent you're downloading is not an actual virus and a proper release of some sorts from trusted people then you should be fine. That's my guess. Would like some clarification though.
>>
my mommy asked if I had called, apparently my name was in her called list associated with some other number, she tried calling back and it went to some automatic business answering thing

how did this contact end up on her phone? it's android
>>
>>54462999
>>54463045
From what I can see it supports up to 1333mhz RAM so the 1600 is too good for it
>>
>>54463847
Might be a silly question but are you sure youre matching up the slots? Usually theyre colour coded. Should have the 1333mhz in one colour slots and 1600 in the other colour slots
>>
>>54463847
Would it just throttle the speed down to what it supports?
>>
After typing :sh <enter> in vim, how do I restore the session in which I types :sh ?
just opening vom seems to open a new instance of it.
>>
Recently restored my Windows 8.1 Laptop and it's now running slow as shit. CPU usage is pretty much locked at 90%+. I assume running an update will fix this, but every time I try, it gets stuck on "looking for updates"?

Is there anything that can be done? Windows 8 has been nothing but a piece of shit for me so far. I even tried upgrading to 10, but during the wizard, it once again got stuck on looking for updates.
>>
I don't know that this is a stupid question but I don't know where else to post it.

I want a decent Mid-tower case that supports full ATX boards (which is most of them). What on earth should I get?

I've got an old Fractal Design Define R3 right now which is a mid tower but it's much bigger than a standard mid tower and weighs about as much as a small family sedan.

Any ideas? I can't seem to find any decent sources using Google.
>>
>>54463222
>>
Which version of Windows should I install on my older machine? It has 2 gigs of ram and core 2 duo 2GHz, I'm considering 7 and 8.1. What would be better?
>>
>>54464336
Whichever one you prefer.
>>
If I game at 1440p should I buy the 1080 or wait for the Ti version, right now I have a 680
>>
TWRP can't read my SD card. If I go into the ExternalSD folder there's just one empty folder called TWRP and nothing else
How do I make this shit work?
>>
>>54462488
You can determine the candidate keys, by looking at the functional dependencies. The combination of AB and BD functionally determine every thing else in relation R. Using Armstrong's axioms, you can break either of those down and see for yourself. Either one could be picked as a primary key then.

btw, this is probably not in third normal form.
>>
What are the Windows and OSX equivalents of the GNU core utils?
>>
Can I just replace a GTX580 in my old PC with a GTX1080? What to do with the now useless 6-pin?
>>
>>54464767
the GNU core utils
>>
>>54464839
BS.
Otherwise Stallman would call every OS GNU.
>>
what language should i learn to check imap-mail.outlook.com fag_folder for unread email?
>>
My graphics card gets pretty hot when gaming, but when I remove the case's side panel load temp decreases slightly. Case supports 1 140mm side fan, should I buy one and if so which one? Or will it not be enough to cool the gpu?
>>
>>54464869
for osx it's bsd core utils, for windows, there is no equivalent
>>
Why does it burn when I pee after I masturbate?
>>
>>54464234
>>
>>54465077
show your task manager by cpu usage
>>
Is it possible to make a tablet running android OS uncrackable? If so, how?

(just finished searching "is it possible to crack an android password" and was disappointed to find it is possible, so I seek a better solution than the stock password method)
>>
File: 3251.jpg (2 MB, 3288x2160) Image search: [Google]
3251.jpg
2 MB, 3288x2160
>>54465271
Posting a phone photo because taking a screenshot on that shit laptop is more trouble than it's worth.

I just did another restore, and exact same problem. It's not only that though, it keeps getting stuck on "checking for updates" too.

I've used CCleaner and I've done a full anti-virus scan using Kaspersky, which found nothing. I only got this piece of garbage a year ago, barely used it, and for some reason, it has this problem.
>>
So, I'm fairly new to programming, and I'd need to make a script so that my computer does that

if (keyPressed = "F3"){
double clic
ctrl + c
translate mouseCursor at (X,Y)
clic
ctrl + a
ctrl+v
}
Which language should I use?
>>
>>54465759
autohotkey
>>
>>54465759
(Sorry, I should have mentioned that I'm on windows 7)
>>
>>54465687
Disable Mcafee, it's probably scanning/analyzing files in the background.
Try disabling indexing too to decrease windows search cpu usage.
As for service host, open Resource Monitor then CPU tab and you can see which individual processes use cpu the most.
Had problems with windows updates getting stuck when I had windows on mechanical hdd, only solution was to wait.
>>
So i want to crack windows 10 with daz loader i have the ISO. Do i install daz loader after i install windows to unlock it or do i use it on the iso before installing it?
>>
>>54465759
iMacros if it's on a browser.
Autohotkey if it's anything else. (works on browser too though, but iMacros is simpler and would suffice for a browser)
>>
Sandisk SSD Plus 120GB SATA3 for 39,95€.

Y/N?

I don't play video games anymore so that would be enough for OS + software.
>>
>>54465766
>>54465974
Thanks, this is exactly what I needed!
>>
If the only graphically intense processes I run are video games and the occasional movie, is it worth it to get a dedicated GPU when the integrated intel graphics are as powerful as they are in skylake?

I saw a video online and saw that the HD 530 is capable of running CS:GO at medium settings 80 fps.
>>
Why is this board so fucking terrible? Every board on 4chan is terrible to some extent, I know, but outside of the generals this board is almost /r9k/ bad.
>>
Just tried turning off my computer and going to bed but it kept turning on again in its own.

I had just plugged in my ipod to charge it a bit before shutting down so I unplugged that completely and tried turning it off but it turned on again.

Then I just went and flipped the switch on the psu to deal with it tomorrow and then my headphones started fucking screaming a high pitched noise nonstop. I unplugged my headphones and when I plugged them in again they resumed screaming

Wtf /g/?
>>
>>54465899
Daz Loader is for Windows 7. You're going to need something different for 10.
>>
>>54466320
It says daz supports win10 on the site
>>
>>54466349
"Ver 2.4.0: added win10 support"
>>
>>54465889
>disable mcafee
Before the last restore an hour ago, it wasn't even on the computer. The process with the highest usage is extremely random and it can be anything from a chrome window to a "local host" to an avp.

I've tried disabling a tonne of things, optimizing the PC's performance and cleaning the registry and nothing changed. Should I just throw it in the bin?
>>
>>54464941
bump

>>54465997
I'm using that exact one right now for windows, speeds in pic. Though you should get a 240gb sdd, they have better perf/€.
>>
>>54466349
>>54466370
There is no Ver 2.4.0, whatever website you're on is full of shit.

On the other hand though apparently you can activate Windows 7 with the Daz loader then upgrade to Windows 10 and remain permanently activated. See http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/24902-Windows-Loader-Support-and-chat/page2058?p=1082473&viewfull=1

Don't get info about the loader from any site other than mydigitallife, that's a retard move. The guy that originally made it posts there.
>>
>>54464820
>>
>>54466376
>tried disabling a tonne of things
if you have two antiviruses running (avp and mcafee) then the above is not true. ideally you want to have just a malware scanner like malwarebytes installed for the occasional scan and other antiviruses uninstalled (and windows defender disabled) if you care about cpu usage.

>Should I just throw it in the bin?
send it to me :^)
>>
>>54466300
the normals are here coming in from /v/
and /v/ is the new /b/ and by new I mean cancer because kids are all over it
>>
>>54466632
Yeah I didn't even think about that. I don't have anything against video games but "gamers" are the worst people.
>>
my mother has a list of songs she wants to have on her music player. normally, i would go on mp3 skull, but it's gone. all other sites just rip the audio from youtube - is this my only option?
>>
>>54466732
There are ways of downloading from Spotify. The files will be 160k mp3s, not amazing but probably fine for your mom and a step up from youtube.
>>
>>54466772
interesting - thanks anon.
>>
>>54466422
Ah thanks man. This will do nicely
>>
What is the best privacy tool for Windows 10? If I want to upgrade and remove as much of the botnet crap as possible what should I do?
>>
Is Vivaldi a meme browser ?
>>
how do I install Fedora or RHEL on a computer who isn' UEFI ?
>>
My USB devices (flash drive and external HD) have trouble when I try to transfer a large file into them (like 2GB + and they start to shit themselves). The transfer freezes and sometimes the device will disconnect on its own. What could be the problem?
>>
File: how fix.png (29 KB, 193x91) Image search: [Google]
how fix.png
29 KB, 193x91
When switching connections my entire internet freezes sometimes. Can't even click the button anymore and have to force reset to get everything working again because the computer won't shut down properly.

Is there a way to shut it off in task manager like I would end explore.exe?
>>
Besides .tar archives being used on Linux, what are the differences between .tar, and .zip/.rar archives?

Is it as simple as .zip/.rar being proprietary, and open source for .tar, or does it go deeper than that?
>>
>>54462772
>maybe they work
but in every case, both run as fast as the slowest stick
>>
>>54466566
>if you have two antiviruses running
No. I'm not even sure you can have two running at once. Every time I install one, it requires the current one to be uninstalled.

Even then, I find it hard to believe a Laptop with 4gb of ram would have trouble maintaining CPU usage because of avp. It was fine when I first got it, it only became shit when I restored factory defaults.
>>
>>54467487
tar is designed to be streamable, plus it supports unix permissions
tar doesn't support compression

a more comparable open format to zip/rar would be 7-zip (7z)
>>
>>54463083
clone the repository somewhere and run it as a cron job
>>
>>54464217
control+d to log out of the vim shell, you'll get dropped back into vim.
>>
>>54467487
tar in itself is not even compressed. gzip/bzip2 are used to compress a single file, tar is used to glue several files together into one which can then be compressed.
>>
File: RtkNGUI64_2016-05-10_00-52-56.png (11 KB, 509x249) Image search: [Google]
RtkNGUI64_2016-05-10_00-52-56.png
11 KB, 509x249
is there a difference in sound quality between these options?
>>
File: FinalExamQuestions.png (90 KB, 818x460) Image search: [Google]
FinalExamQuestions.png
90 KB, 818x460
Anyone bored and want to help me study?
>>
>>54467531
>>54467559
thanks /g/uys, I wasn't even aware .tar didn't support compression
>>
>>54467604
Unless you're doing some serious digital editing on these, stick to 44.1k/16. https://xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html
>>
Any feedback on this build?
Gonna be used for video editing and some gaymz
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/cRYWYJ
and this mount
http://www.amazon.com/FLEXIMOUNTS-Triple-Monitor-Screens-D1T/dp/B01D1G8CJA/ref=sr_1_17?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1462831389&sr=1-17
>>
>>54467727
Fuck, forgot to say, replace the 980 Ti with a 1080
>>
My Foobar always displays a one specific album art for songs that dont have their own album art instead of the default "no album art available picture". How do I fix this? I have all of my music stored in one folder btw...
>>
>>54467673
things like .tar.gz are literally a tar passed through a compressor
for example, "tar cf - -C folder/ . | gzip > folder.tar.gz"
>>
Turns out I went full retard and installed an OEM version of Windows 7, and I can't ever use the key again if I upgrade my PC. Fuck that shit. What's the preferred method of installing Windows 7 without authentication? I remember Daz loader being big a few years ago, but I don't know if that method has been depreciated.
>>
File: 2434_main_1447380032.png (54 KB, 222x222) Image search: [Google]
2434_main_1447380032.png
54 KB, 222x222
Just had my internet company upgrade my internet speed from like 20MBs to 60.
I currently have a Linksys N300 router to which I researched that it won't be able to fully utilize that 60MBs

So in other words, should I upgrade my router to an AC version?
Current router is like 7-8 years old.
>>
>>54467741
not quite sure how to fix that other than asking why you don't just grab the album art off of amazon or something, or just use an album art downloader if you don't want to do it manually. hell most decent taggers have an option to download missing album art
>>
>>54467801
do you use WiFi for large internet transfers?
>>
>>54467801
What router can't support that?
You sure you arent getting bits and bytes mixed up
>>
>>54467862
Router is a couple of floors down. My adapter picks up from the 4th floor.

I use internet for well, heavy torrenting and vidya. Nothing else

Apologies, I've always been semi competent with computer parts but I've never had solid experience with networking.
>>
>>54467876
he's referring to wifi
>>
I have a laptop connected via dvi to a TV using the TV as the only display. When changing resolutions the screen went black and stayed like that. Now I cannot get a display on either the TV or the laptop. Have tried.rebooting with the dvi disconnected and connected but still no luck. Halp
>>
Which Firefox ESR version in the last good one?
>>
Is there a way to move GNOME(3.20.1) top panel to bottom?
>>
File: 1462274320178.png (283 KB, 714x574) Image search: [Google]
1462274320178.png
283 KB, 714x574
How the fuck can I verify a jewgle account? All the sms online sites numbers were invalid and the few that werent never received the verification code. Is there a trick for this like using a vpn or something? Any reliable site youve personally used?
>>
>>54467945
does your laptop have a function key for changing displays/projectors or whatever?
>>
>>54462575
News flash: memory is allocated in blocks. There is no way to allocate a single bit, you will always get at least a byte. In most languages you will never notice this because they have guards but in C you can experiment like you just did and there will be no errors. The operating system manages the memory so you can get from 3 to 2^64-1 or anything in between. Enjoy your buffer overflows.
>>
I was trying to use chrome for a second and it wouldn't pop up

I went to the main folder which is on my ssd to admin start it but it froze the folder

I tried to cancel it all by exiting out the windows and just going back to firefox

I got a black screen then the computer went back to normal

I tried to unistall chrome twice and it worked the third time then a page on internet explorer popped up telling me chrome is unistalled

I am scared

what is going on
>>
File: 1269923972135.png (41 KB, 386x387) Image search: [Google]
1269923972135.png
41 KB, 386x387
I just got 16gb of ram to upgrade my comp from 8gb. Do I just turn off my computer and swap out the ram or is there anything else I need to do?
>>
>>54468718
plug and play but don't put the 8gb ram back in
>>
File: speccy.jpg (69 KB, 659x520) Image search: [Google]
speccy.jpg
69 KB, 659x520
Should I upgrade my CPU? Or GPU?
>>
>>54468555
Give them your phone number
>>
>>54468741
and how do you know he didn't get two 8gb sticks and has a mobo that supports triple channel?
>>
>>54468753
Kill yourself, rajeet.
>>
>>54468741
Thanks bro. Out of curiosity, what would happen if I did put the 8gv back in afterwards?
>>
File: Capture.png (126 KB, 781x282) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
126 KB, 781x282
I wanna switch from a pirated 8.1 to a genuine one....

As someone that has rarely bought any software in life.... why is there such a variation in prices? Am I missing something?
>>
anyone know how to recover an alcatel omniswitch 6400 after interrupting boot through a serial console and running "erase all"
i thought it would reset it to defaults but it looks like I erased the firmware ;_;
>>
>>54468795
probably increased performance, I know people say don't do it but in practice it has no ill effects and often provides a performance boost
>>
File: penm.jpg (45 KB, 500x312) Image search: [Google]
penm.jpg
45 KB, 500x312
I have an ASUS notebook with a Pentium M CPU, I want to install a Core2 CPU on it but when I exchange the CPU, the laptop turns on for a second and kills the power. The fuck is wrong?
>>
>>54468808
Currys will be selling a 100% legit boxed copy with discs and key.
The rest will just send you a key.
Personally, I always buy retail. I don't trust those shady key companies.
>>
>>54468782
because
>>54468795
depends

if it is just a single 8gb stick and your mobo supports it and it is the same brand then it won't damage anything

always make sure you motherboard can support triple channel
>>
File: Bait-Shop.jpg (79 KB, 600x490) Image search: [Google]
Bait-Shop.jpg
79 KB, 600x490
>>54468821
>>
I'm printing a pdf with special characters (maths) characters, using a open source cups driver for a kodak c310. Text prints fine, but special characters don't, for example root 4 = plus minus 2 became a floating p with a line above the 4 = [] 2. What do I need to do to resolve this?
>>
>>54468910
Install gen... oh, wait. Actually install windows. the kodak C310 si a GDI printer. Use windows.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (45 KB, 505x563) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
45 KB, 505x563
How do i go about working this out? Can't in to psuedocode.
>>
>>54468947
:( I will try in my virtual machine thank you anon
>>
>>54463083
git clone https://github.com/Nandaka/PixivUtil2.git

crontab/timer
git pull https://github.com/Nandaka/PixivUtil2.git
>>
Thinking about buying a 1080/1070 when it comes out to upgrade my 4 year old rig.
Is a 4770k a decent cpu to go with it?
>>
Just got an Nvidia card (inb4 terrible timing, I know and knew when I bought it, no worries).

Torn as to which Windows driver to install. From my understanding: 362 was good, 364.x was godawful, 365.10 is apparently fixed again.

So I should install 365.10, right? Just want to double check this. Thanks anons
>>
refurbrished psus? yay or nay?

looking at a ax750
>>
>>54469014
Why would you do that? You have no idea who refurbished the PSU, they may have done a shit job at it and you can end up with a ded compy.
>>
File: 1451736952049.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1451736952049.jpg
64 KB, 1280x720
>>54468555
Buy a $20 tracphone and use that
Or get an account that wasnt made after this sms bullshit
>>
>>54462686
what's this player
>>
>>54469005
364.xx literally fucked me hard, had serious crashing and lag issues, and this was just on the desktop mind you, not even running intensive programs yet.

I don't know what to tell on 365.xx as I actually was so frustrated, I installed 358.something, whichever one came out alongside fallout 4.
Even then I still had some issues but they were drastically decreased.
>>
>>54469014
Always buy new.
>>
>>54468955
Write it down step by step.
Or code that shit and let it run to 4.
>>
>>54468746
Why?
What do you think needs upgrading for what purpose?
Thats a solid build
>>
>>54469005
>>54469047
>comfy as fuck running 364.19 on linux
>>
is learning GIS useful?
>>
Where do I download Debian 32bit ARM?
I've been looking all over their wiki and havent seen any torrent files or anything.
>>
>>54469014
There are two parts you never buy used: HDD (risk: Lose your data) and PSU (risk: Burn your house down or at least destroy your PC).
>>
Whats the difference between a £50 motherboard and a £150 motherboard?
>>
>>54468854
What's the worst that could happen?

>Get old lady with shitty HP with Win8 complaining that it's slow.
>Make a note of product key.
>Install pirated Win7.
>HP runs faster, lady is happy.
>Sell product key as W10 'upgrade'

Are you from the UK? Any reliable sources to buy physical copies?
>>
>>54469104
mostly durability , stability and overall quality
>>
>>54469047
Yep, that's basically what I read. Avoid 364.x like the plague, but 365 is supposedly fine. One guy said it damaged his monitor, but his report was terse and made little sense. Not worried about that.

Would just like anons' experiences with it.
>>
>>54469104
100 imaginary currency
>>
How do I make a custom shrug for slack?
Do slack custom commands only send/receive data to some service? I just want to append a shrug to a message.
>>
I'm on a network with other users, and one of the other users constantly winds up with an unresponsive internet connection while I'm logged in. I can't tell what's causing it because he doesn't always say something when it happens, and it only happens to him, and evidently only when we're both connected to the network at the same time.

Assuming the problem's real, how can I figure out what's causing this?
>>
>>54469104
Honestly, I have a £30 motherboard and it's fine. I wish it had more USB3 hubs and SATA connectors, but otherwise it's perfect. Hackintoshes like a dream too.

If you aren't overclocking, don't worry about it. If you ARE overclocking, you should really already know.
>>
Its because , with B as key you only got {C} for FD B->C

If you use AB , for FD AB->D you got D (insert bad joke here) , and C for B->C.
if you use BD , for FD BD-> A you got A , and C for B->C
>>
File: file.png (417 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
file.png
417 KB, 1500x1500
I found a shitty old Android TV with JellyBean on it. Tried rooting it to no avail. Anything I could use it for?
>>
>qubits can hold a theoretically infinite amount of data
>but if you try and measure it, they collapse back down to 0 or 1

So what's the fucking point?
>>
File: bujodi.png (72 KB, 1280x776) Image search: [Google]
bujodi.png
72 KB, 1280x776
>>54469100
You joking nigga?
>>
>>54468955
do it step by step on paper.

R E A S O N I N G

A E A R O N I N G

A A E R O N I N G

A A E R O N I N G

A A E I O N R N G

get it? Selection sort is literally the simplest sorting algorithm there is. Every step places the ith smallest element in the array in the ith position.
>>
File: Dibujo.png (74 KB, 1280x776) Image search: [Google]
Dibujo.png
74 KB, 1280x776
>>54469100
Also
>>
Are skylake cpus any good for gaming or should i just get a 4790k?
>>
>>54469182
>>54469222
I literally cannot see these is it maybe because I'm using chormium?
>>
>>54469213

fucked up a little. I made a mistake.

R E A S O N I N G
A E R S O N I N G
A E R S O N I N G
// the e is exchanged with it self
A E I S O N R N G
>>
>>54469174
>but if you try and measure it, they collapse back down to 0 or 1

you can perform chains of transformative operations, multi-qubit logic/math, encoding, etc without observing the result. In these intermediate steps, the full wavefunction/state is available.
>>
regarding power supplies:

My gtx 980 was starting to artifact and lock up on me.evga support suggested the psu was at fault, but the only way to really check was get another psu.

i ended up moving the 6 pin connectors to a different spot on the psu, and then my gpu was running perfect again.

now, i dont know shit about psu's, but do these fuckers have multiple rails, and if so, if one is giving out, can i just migrate my parts onto another rail and continue on?

i dunno if im making sense, but should i just replace this psu or will i be fine as is for now?
>>
>>54469235
I fucked up again! Forgive me.

R E A S O N I N G
A E R S O N I N G
A E R S O N I N G
A E G S O N I N R
A E G I O N S N R
>>
>>54469234
No fucking idea. Use a real browser.
>>
So, when we will see the GTX 1060 and 1050?
>>
What's the best way to convert 24/96 FLACs to 16/44.1?
>>
>>54469236
>In these intermediate steps, the full wavefunction/state is available

What do you mean by 'available'? You can carry out operations on it, but the results will never be visible. At most you could work out the % probability of an answer being correct by repeating the calculations a bunch of times, but you'll never get a definite answer.
>>
>>54469296
Use an antialiasing filter. It's not like you're going to hear any difference anyways.
>>
>>54469159
qos or network shaping
>>
>>54469076
Was only windows affected by the 364 driver update issues?
>>
>>54468910
>>54468947
Tried in windows, still failed. Will try converting to jpg and printing that.
>>
>>54469324
wut
>>
I fucked up and got a Trojan version of KMSpico on my Windows 10 SSD, so I went nuclear and formatted it (how adware for well-known brands happens I will never know). I hear it can get into your MBR, so is formatting enough to kill it?

I'm just jumpy because having random ads play and being unable to remove shit is freaky.
>>
>>54469521
If you're really paranoid, do a cell reset on your ssd
>>
>>54469521
>pirating something as vital as the OS
>>
I'm learning C++ and i'm doing problems on Project Euler to motivate that. I've noticed that every problem will overflow int and most will also overflow long long int. I made my own class of ints as vectors of digits but its clunky and probably slow so now I just use a BigInt header. Do C++ devs often experience this problem or is my situation rather synthetic
>>
>>54469521
Should have used Daz Loader or MSToolkit from MDL.
>>
File: DSC_1177.jpg (495 KB, 2089x1197) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1177.jpg
495 KB, 2089x1197
>>54462488
People always say to never mix ram, but what does it do?
>what actually happens if you mix ram speed and capacity?
It doesn't seem like it'd do anything.
>>
I'm new to backups. I'm using the built-in Windows 7 backup tool and just backed up my PC for the first time. If i back up again, what happens to my first backup? Does stuff get added on to said first backup? If i delete something from my PC, will anything happen to the copy of that same file on my external drive, the next time I back up? Will the next backup simply overwrite the old one?
>>
If i get a graphics card, my cpu usage will drop when I'm playing games. Correct?
>>
>>54469769
>>what actually happens if you mix ram speed and capacity?
slot pairs run at the lowest speed and lowest capacity of any given DIMM

so one 4GB 1200 + one 8GB 1600 stick in a slot pair would show up as 4+4gb of 1200
>>
Planning to get a 380. Aftermarket versions are a bit sniffy about providing an exact TDP and they're all above 200W it seems (~220W). Most websites that say it's a 190W card mention the card as being "AMD Radeon R9 380". Tons of variants exists and they all have different clock speeds which I reckon affect power draw, but at the same time some of the lower clocked cards (e.g. 975mhz) have higher wattage than higher clocked cards (e.g. 1050mhz). I guess the higher wattage for lower clocked cards may be due to the cooling/fans? Anybody know which 380 has the lowest power draw?

I have a TP 850W Gold by the way, this isn't about that.
>>
>>54469774
depends on the games
>>54467800
Daz still works fine, afaik
>>54465068
visit a doc
>>54463684
stupid usage, propably. maybe a malicious app
>>
How does mpv decode FLAC files? Does it use libflac?
>>
>>54467800
I just used Daz, shit works fine.
>>
>>54469873
as it utilizes ffmpeg (https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv essential dependencies), it propably uses some part of ffmpeg (but I do not know exactly)
>>
So I am working on a laptop and of course 2 out of 3 screws are stripped, like completely.

I have a screw extractor, but that didnt work, the screws themselves are really tiny.

Next thing to try is the rubber band trick,

Any other suggestions ?

Also what size are these screws so I know what to ask for in the hardware store.
>>
>>54469699
Yeah, I fucked up the research.

If KMSpico was killed by the formatting, I'm currently upgrading the earlier W7 HDD to 10, and supposedly it registers the hardware so I can then get genuine Windows 10 on the SSD.
>>
>>54469817
>Lowest capacity
No.
You can mix and match as you like. The RAM controller runs at the slowest speed available if the fast chip can handle the slow speed.
The capacity is the sum. You can slap 1GB + 2GB to end up with 3GB of RAM as Samsung and Dell did for years.
>>
>>54469933
Most screws screw in a boss embedded in the plastic part unless the laptop has magnesium or some weird metal thing inside. If you can, just force the plastic part and the boss will end up separating from the plastic. You can then use pliers and shit to remove it and glue it back on the plastic part.
>>
Currently organizing my music in Win8.1, but i'm having issues where when I try to move an entire folder, every other folder i'm getting an error saying that something in the folder is opened in another program and can't be moved. My player is Foobar2k, but it is neither open and I haven't opened a file in the folder. If I let it sit for 5 minutes or so it moves onto another folder, but I don't know why it's doing this. It's manageable, but inconvenient. Anyone know what/why this is going on?
>>
File: Capture.png (43 KB, 614x509) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
43 KB, 614x509
Which Vorbis encoder should I use?
>>
>>54469974
Stop using the winderp browser to do file operations. Use a file manager like 7zip or winrar or whatever commander or browse the web and find one you like.
The problem with the built-in is that it permanently sniffs at your files and folders to update indexes, extract pictures from MP3 files and building previews and shit.
>>
how much would a repair shop charge to replace a dead motherboard on an old sempron laptop? got some footage and stuff on there i need, spilled diet coke on it like 5 years ago
>>
>>54469853
Soruces games and runescape?
>>
after booting my old winxp desk pc, i noticed it all reset itself to default.
all of my icons, settings, the theme, the wallpaper, old bookmarks, some of the programs... gone
corrupted user, perhaps?
>>
>>54469999
Well that makes sense.
You can use winrar as a file manager? Just normally used it to compress shit.
>>
>>54470005
why not just remove the hard drive and get the data back that way ??
>>
>>54469819
Individual chips require differing amounts of voltage to function at a given clock speed. Sometimes a chip will clock to a given speed, say 1050mhz, and draw 220w max, while another might draw 200 at the same speed, and another won't reach 1050 regardless of how much power you give it. Generally speaking, a card that has a high clock speed and lower power draw is probably a little better quality than the same card with lower clocks/higher power draw. Of course, you often get a card that a manufacturer put a higher quality chip in because it's what was on hand, so you can overclock the shit out of it. Similar rules apply to CPUs.
>>
>>54470005
Take out the hard drive and plug it into your pc assuming you have one.
>>
>>54470005
just get the HDD out of it and plug it into a different computer or an external drive enclosure. costs 10-20 bucks and you can use the case afterwards.

if even this does not help, you're pretty lost

>>54470017
Propably not the source of the problem, but who knows what she did with the phone..

>>54470024
yes, but i'd use something like total commander (not the guy who answered first)

>>54470019
maybe some system restore point? they sometimes caused some strange data loss in xp..
>>
File: Screenshot (9089).png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (9089).png
1 MB, 1920x1080
Using mpc-hc with a .mkv my subtitles in the .srt format arent displaying properly and are instead showing up
1) before the queue time and
2) as Japanese katakana.

I opened up an .smi thats included and its oddly formatted, as you can see.

How do i fix it?
>>
>>54470043
>maybe some system restore point? they sometimes caused some strange data loss in xp..
unlikely since apparently i disabled it a while ago.
No restore points whatsoever
>>
>>54469990
lib
>>
>>54469819
please note that TDP means thermal design power, which is the maximum of energy that gets emitted as heat. this does not imply the usage of that much (often it is a bit more).

look after some tests, they often test the wattage of a test system which should give you a good approximation
>>
>>54470043
What? Why are you talking about phones?
>>
>>54470069
Any reason exactly?
>>
>>54470077
Sorry, mixed you up with >>54463684 which I also replied to.

I do not think that a improvement of the GPU would change that much for those games. A big difference can be seen e.g. when a game uses physX (or tries to use it) and you do not have a physix GPU. it heavily relies on the CPU then, which does not really work out.
>>
>>54470040
Very well said. Makes sense, I didn't look at it that way. Assuming a particular card operating at 1050mhz at some 220w, I can underclock to a still-acceptable 975mhz to possibly get down to 200w. Thanks, I'll read up on this a bit more on my own time!
>>
>>54470085
cause its lib, what other reason do you want?
>>
>>54470043
Messing around with total control, why do you like it? It's not bad it just feels a little archaic. Maybe cause i'm used to playing with prettier UIs but it's more functional, so
>>
>>54470120
So it's better quality?
>>
>>54470130
used it as a child a lot, it gives a very fast and structured way of managing your files.
not using it anymore since I switched to linux, but I'd still recommend it.
At least it is designed as file manager and not as rar-manager.
Android version is also pretty nice, as the sftp plugin allows key usage.
>>
File: 1436312849465.jpg (11 KB, 251x229) Image search: [Google]
1436312849465.jpg
11 KB, 251x229
>>54469817
>System dragging ass on write calls because compression and dedup are at max
>Overclock CPU to unburden it for other shit
>2.4 to 3.6
>Multiplier maxed so I turn up fsb
>System crash, voltage is enough
>RAM is dragging ass
>Three mixed sticks
>Different latency, size, and speed
>2G 1G 1G
>Can't clock RAM speed down any further, stuck at 799MHz up from 666
>All latencies unstable

Mix is only unstable if you fuck with clocks and latency, otherwise the system will slow down to the lowest common setting.
>>
>>54470173
Very true. I suppose i'll try messing around with it some more and see if it grows on me. Anything that won't give me attitude when I try to move a folder when all I want it to move is a plus in my book.
>>
File: Male_pattern_lewdness.jpg (204 KB, 800x761) Image search: [Google]
Male_pattern_lewdness.jpg
204 KB, 800x761
>>54462488
Using HTML or JS does anyone know how to add a button next to a search bar that adds another search bar under the first?

I know I posted it elsewhere but it is kinda urgent.

I have a gift for whoever can help. Thanks!
>>
File: Capture.png (140 KB, 1098x797) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
140 KB, 1098x797
Why the fuck won't this fucking god damn mother fuck of an album sort into a single album on my Android device? Never had a problem like this with any other album. I've gone through the tags down to every letter and made sure they all match. But when I copy the album to my phone, it shows up as two separate albums. First album has a comma (that's clearly not present in the actual file tag as you can see in pic related) between the accented A and m in "l'ame" while the second album doesn't have the comma.
>>
>>54470164
is it that difficult to google now?

spoon feeding time

lib = libre = open source
>>
File: 1462028434543.jpg (297 KB, 576x946) Image search: [Google]
1462028434543.jpg
297 KB, 576x946
Going on holiday but want to play vidya

Should I get a laptop or something for steam? Aby recommendations?
>>
>>54470245
I don't care about your freetarded autismo nonsense though. I just want the best quality encoder for Vorbis and google searches were inconclusive. There's a precedent for such thing since the Apple AAC encoder is better than any of the open source ones.
>>
>>54470043
no it helps, im just wondering if its worth it to actually get the laptop running since my grandma bought it for me when she was still living and it would be a nice token of her remembrance to have it running again
>>
>>54470225
is not possible without js, but here is a small hint (totally untested, may requre some fixes, but shows the idea)
<input type="button" onclick="var a = document.createElement('input'); a.type = 'text'; document.getElementById('searchBar').parentNode.appendChild(a);">
>>
>>54470173
Any way to swap the hold shift-drag to move and drag to copy around? So I can click and drag and it'll move instead of copying and then having to delete?
>>
>>54470269
How about you enjoy your holiday instead
>>
>>54470286
from a rational point of view it is not worth the effort, but if it is important to you, you may consider it. but thats nothing where anyone here can help.

>>54470298
i do not exactly know, but maybe http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=28836&view=next is what you seek?

>>54470269
enjoy the holidays, save the money
>>
File: 1446151975063-1.gif (534 KB, 448x361) Image search: [Google]
1446151975063-1.gif
534 KB, 448x361
>>54470290
Thank you for the help dude!
And as promised...
>>
How to convince my mom to use lubuntu instead of win xp? Her laptop is very old and runs slow. Is react OS good?
>>
>>54470483
Tell her the PC will be way faster and she won't get viruses. When it comes to normies you've gotta bait them with simple terms.
>>
>>54470483
she barely understands computers, I would not go with reactos, considering that it is in heavy developement (I mean, it looks like it is not even able to do WPA(2)).

but convincing your mom depends on her reasons to use it. maybe you can claim (not even a lie) that xp is not save anymore. but in the end, you should know better how to convince her.
it might help if she can test it out, maybe try a compromis.
>>
Aside from the poop color scheme from noctua are they good fans?
Looking to buy 5 of NF-A14 PWM, but I dont know if there is something better?
>>
why do I get 'waiting for available socket' when I try to open images on 4chan in chrome? I've got a pretty fast connection and pfsense as a router, so it's not a network issue
>>
File: Capture.jpg (168 KB, 1187x548) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
168 KB, 1187x548
>>54470543
i tried lubuntu in virtual box and doesn't work
>>
File: 41rRMLLhz5L._SX425_.jpg (15 KB, 425x287) Image search: [Google]
41rRMLLhz5L._SX425_.jpg
15 KB, 425x287
Hey /g/.

I have two passive speakers powered by one amp. The amp has only one set of inputs but now I would like to have my wii u connected to it in addition to my pc. Would using one of these for each part of the input (basically having both wii u and pc audio connected but only having one active at once) be okay? Would there be noise or any other downside?
>>
When seeding files renaming stuff won't actually change the hash of the file right? Like say I download a CD album and I wan't to change the names of songs that are tagged incorrectly that won't fuck up my seeding ability right?

And I can add stuff like album art into the album thats being seeded and it won't get fucked up right?
>>
I need sandboxing software (Sandboxie doesn't do this) that intercepts disk I/O at lower than file levels, so that some commercial software protection do not mess with my bootloader. Any recommendations?
>>
>>54470612
>renaming stuff won't actually change the hash of the file right?

it'll still fuck up your client, at least with all the clients I've used

you'd be better off just making a local copy (#USERDIR/Music/whatever) and leaving anything you seed untouched
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.