[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best streaming service? (Netflix etc)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: netflix-logo.png (105 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
netflix-logo.png
105 KB, 1280x720
I'm looking to change to a better streaming service which offers better selection of movies / tv shows etc. I currently have Netflix (no I don't pay for it) but I've seen most of the tv shows / movies on it and the rest of it is shit.

I know there's a lot of competitors in the market such as Amazon, Tidal, NOWTV (UK) etc. What does /g/ think is the best streaming service available?

I'm also aware theres a lot of free streaming services such as Kodi or whatever, but what does /g/ think of them and what's the best option?

Inb4 "Just torrent whatever you want" yeah I do that already for all the stuff I can't get on Netflix but it's so much better for me to just browse a selection of movies/tv shows and play it instantly on my PC / Phone without having to first find a reliable torrent, download it and then transfer it to my phone.

What matters to me most is the selection available, if the service is available to mobile and then the quality of the actual video.

>So, overall what does /g/ think is the best streaming service out there right now and why?

P.S - I don't mind paying a small fee like $8 a month for it if it's actually worth it, plus I'm in the UK.
>>
side question: do they have streaming service for japanese television? I would love to watch japanese cable tv (and have when I visited there)
>>
Streaming media dis-services such as Netflix and Spotify require nonfree client programs that impose digital restrictions mechanisms (DRM) intended to stop the user from saving a copy of the data being streamed through her own computer. You should never use DRM that you can't break, so you should not use these dis-services unless you can break their DRM.

A friend once asked me to watch a video with her that she was going to display on her computer using Netflix. I declined, saying that Netflix was such an affront to freedom that I could not be party to its use under any circumstances whatsoever.

These streaming dis-services are malicious technology designed to make people antisocial. (If you don't have a copy, you can't share copies.) Rejecting them is of the highest ethical priority.

Out, out, damned Spotify! Flick off, Netflix!
>>
If you're looking for something like Netflix, Hulu is similar. Kodi is xbox media center, unless that has some other meaning in the UK like a motorized rollingham.
>>
File: 1446901603839.gif (500 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1446901603839.gif
500 KB, 500x333
>>51318924
kek
>>
this message was brought to you buy hobo-commie Stallman who wants to be jesus by giving you the freedom to give everything that you own away for free so he can be jew jesus over a communist society where no one can have private ownership of information that gets sold
>>
>>51318973

How much is Hulu and how is the actual selection? Does it only have old ass tv shows or movies from like 5 years ago that everyone has already seen or is it some actual good content on there?

Also price?
>>
>>51318881
sounds like you need plex and private tracker accounts.
>>
>>51319203
Can you not access the website? They're virtually identical in model except for licensing agreements with different companies.
>>
>>51318881
kodi set up with genesis
>>
>>51318910
well there's crunchroll, the do jdrama and shit in addition to anime, and you only pay if you don't want to wait a week for the newest episode
>>
>>51318910
There's Crunchyroll and Funimation for chink cartoons
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.