[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Want to build a PC, suggestions?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Capture.png (46 KB, 912x546) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
46 KB, 912x546
Hey /g/, I want to build my first computer paid for entirely with my own money that I earned myself. With this being said, I don't want to skimp out or gimp myself on shitty parts because I want this machine to be able to last me for several years before needing parts replacement or repairs. This is what I've got so far:

>Case
either the Corsair 750 Airflow edition or the Fractal Design define R4. I don't want people to see my computer and immediately know I'm a bydiogaymer, and I like the sleek, minimalist designs of these cases. I want to build it into a full-tower case for plenty of room for expansion and air circulation.

>Storage
I was planning to go with a 120gb Kingston HyperX Fury SSD as a boot drive, but I don't really know a whole lot in the memory department so any reccomendations or suggestions as to changes with that would be appreciated. I also wanted to have 3tb of HDD's in my computer as actual storage. I wasn't really planning to buy anything special, just a run-of-the-mill seagate drive as I already have a spare 1tb drive out of an old computer.

>Processor
I was going to go with an Intel i5-6600k, but this was simply me googling "best processors of 2015 for the money" and I really don't know what would be the best bang for my buck here. As for use of the computer, it'll basically only be used for torrenting media/watching movies, playing vidya, shitposting, maybe a little video recording of the aforementioned vidya, and talking on skype/discord/teamspeak. Again, any reccomendations or suggestions would be nice.

Will be continuing in a reply, field is too long.
>>
>CPU Cooler
I've heard from multiple people that the Cooler Master Hyper 212 was good, so that was what I planned to get.

>GPU
I don't have anything planned for this yet, I haven't really been keeping up with who has the best stuff on the market right now. I haven't needed to purchase a new GPU for the past 4 years, and what I ended up getting was an EVGA GTX660. It's been a damn good card, but I feel like it's getting a little long in the tooth, and I wouldn't mind buying something a little on the pricier side since I'd be buying most of the components while they were on sale or during black friday.

>Motherboard:
Didn't have anything planned for this either. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Full-ATX size, obviously.

Thanks in advance to anyone who gives valuable input. It is much appreciated.

Also, pic related is my current build. Feel free to bully me about it.
>>
>>54311643
What is your budget?

Get a 250 GB 850 Pro or at least 250 GB. If you need to save the Crucial drives will also do it (TLC!).

If you still have that 960 you could get a 1060 or 1060Ti, it will max out everything then.

Also I wouldn't recommend Skylake as it is a waste of money. Used 2-3000 Intels are currently the best deal. Better invest the saved money in a proper board and SSD, PSU if needed (Nothing that doesn't have a 80+ logo).
>>
I don't have a budget. I'm not going to spend a retarded amount on parts, though
>>
bump. dont want advice from tripfags
>>
>>54313052
True, another tripfag for me to filter.
The i5-6600k is great, and for your needs it's gonna be more than enough, with an OC you can reach an i7-6700k's performance, it's arguably the best gaming CPU for your money right now, gl on your part search OP
>>
If you want to get something that will last for many years and aren't afraid of a high price tag, but must buy now:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mHRWnQ

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor ($369.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H5 Ultimate 76.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($46.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme4 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard ($189.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill NT Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($49.50 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($84.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Hitachi Deskstar 7K2000 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($55.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 8GB Nitro Video Card ($317.37 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design Define S ATX Mid Tower Case ($64.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1269.69

If you want the price to performance sweet spot and want something that will last, but not quite in the same way as the first one:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4HRWnQ

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($194.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B150M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($66.29 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill NT Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($33.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Kingston HyperX Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($45.05 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($46.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 380 4GB Double Dissipation Video Card ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Define S ATX Mid Tower Case ($64.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $702.26

You can take the GPU from the first build and put it into the second build for a 1080p 60hz gaming rig that maxes everything.
>>
Is higher speed RAM worth spending more money on?
>>
>>54313753
no
>>
>>54313753
Only really if you're using an APU. Not really worth it otherwise.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.