[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't want to get the note 5 because it doesn't offer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: samsung-galaxy-note-3-1.jpg (135 KB, 600x531) Image search: [Google]
samsung-galaxy-note-3-1.jpg
135 KB, 600x531
Don't want to get the note 5 because it doesn't offer an sd slot. Is the note 4 that much better than the note 3? If I got the note 3 will the tech be dated?
>>
The note 4 is leagues ahead of the note 3 in terms of performance and general improvements aa in the s pen, screen, etc

t. Had both
>>
I've the note 3, wanted a 5 but they stripped out so much hardware. No IR blaster, fuck now I can't control my Hi fi. So I right about upgrading to a note 4, used my friends one for a bit. Screen slightly better, Doesn't feel a hell of a lot faster. THERE'S NO USB 3 PORT. Well fuck, can't charge off my laptop super fast now, and data transfer is now only 30MB instead of 75MB sec. Phone definitely not as good on juice, gets easy hotter ring the same apps. The wifi connects at 897mbs instead of 433, but you'll need a new ac router to do that. Note 4 is also noticeably heavier. The pen is better but there's bit much in it. Both phones have an sd card slot and 64gb sticks are cheap now. Note 5 is shiny but the note 4 feels like the last true note phablet.
>>
nope. get a Lumia 950 XL if you want a true powerhorse phone. you know, a phone that's actually worth the price point and not just a shiny toy.
>>
>touchwizz
>>
>>51308594
The 4 has a better display, significantly better camera, and significantly better build quality. The note 3 has a plastic bezel and a camera that does not have OIS.

That said if you don't care about photos and stuff it in a case anyway, you won't care.
>>
I have a note 3 (using cover right now) and have played with a friend's 4. the screen is better but only noticeable if viewing high quality material. the spen on the 4 is definitely smoother. cant say anything about battery as he uses his phone all day for work and my use is more casual. the camera is much better on the 4 but the 3's is no slouch for everyday use. performance wise i Boulanger tell any difference but the 4 got really hot after about 30 minutes of 3D gaming. overall i would say save $100ish dollars unless you have money to burn or if your ego demands something newer.

another couple notes before I forget, the at&t and verizon note 3 are locked and essentially impossible to root of that matters to you, and the 4 is very likely to get the marshmallow update soon but the 3 is still up in the air on that.
>>
>>51312066
Just a couple of clarifications

>3 and Marshmellow
aT&T flat out said that it will not get Marshmellow

>root
root yes, bootloader no.
>>
>>51312098
Ishould have been more clear on the root. yes the bootloaders being locked and stopping any previous kernels to be used for "downgrading", make it almost impossible to use usual methods of rooting if you already have 4.4.4+ stock roms.

thanks for the answer about marshmallow. I was holding out thin hope that Verizon would do it but its really not likely if at&t isnt.
>>
>>51308594
Couldn't you just post this here? >>51310741

instead of making an entirely new thread?
>>
Don't really care about the latest software. I'm pretty sure whatever OS is available now is decent enough. Hardware and software have been negligible since 2012, realistically. The difference in price is a lot, its $250 dollars. Thanks!
>>
>>51312434
shhh
>>
To me, the camera is very important and I would like to get marshmallow so I went with the note 4. I paid $325 for a used note 4 that came with a case, screen protectors, extra battery, battery charger - I'd say that it was definitely worth it. I also liked the improved s-pen features.

Imo if classic note features are important to you then you should always buy the latest one you can afford, with the exception of the note 5. Keep in mind that the note 6 may not being back microsd or removable battery so the note 4 may be the last of it's kind - and even is the note 6 does return to greatness you'll have to wait another year before it's not a gazillion dollars to buy. These are the considerations I had in mind when I upgraded from my note 2.
>>
Just picked up an LG v10 and I love it. And LG is running a deal where you get a free 200gb micro sd card, extra battery, and wireless charger
>>
>>51313580
Come on brother we're talking about 3 megapixels. Unless you're making billboards, do 3 megapixels really make a difference? Where did you pick it up?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.