[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HURR GURLS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 28
File: chkI5Cpg.jpg (120 KB, 680x1209) Image search: [Google]
chkI5Cpg.jpg
120 KB, 680x1209
>(Dutch) University of Applied Sciences in Rotterdam goes full retard, with ''coding being a girls club now'' and excluding males.

when will this fucking forced meme end?
>>
It'll end in less than 5 years. Just enough so that the current wave gets ground up in programming.
A combination of realising that coding isn't sitting on facebook all day and is actually pretty hard and no well that's it.
Just the realisation that coding isn't actually just sitting at a computer typing like a secretary.
Oh that's right- and companies realise that pajeets don't make good coders and the average skill level of women coders is lower than males.
Not to say women can't program but the male pool has a higher average, so if you're forced to hire 50:50 then you're losing quality.
>>
>>54002689
Like there's literally nothing for you to worry about dude. Like there's so many programming jobs and software is such a fast paced industry that this isn't hurting you. Companies aren't going to start only hiring women, and the ones that do you won't want to work at anyway.

Women ARE underrepresented in the programming industry and they belive it's because of awareness. Let them believe that. You will still find that the overwhelming majority of schools and companies are made up of men, your favorite thing! Just chill out, and ignore this if it bothers you. It probably won't affect your life very much
>>
>>54002689
when people fight back the 'overrate all the "minorities"' movement
>>
>>54002775
faggot
>>
File: 1429028623200.jpg (9 KB, 285x270) Image search: [Google]
1429028623200.jpg
9 KB, 285x270
>>54002775
why do you write like a 14yo girl?
>all these assumptions you pulled out of your ass
>>
>>54002689
Don't worry, once companies hire all the women trained by these shitty trendy shit classes and all their shit breaks, the pendulum will swing back
>>
File: 1407359685929.jpg (19 KB, 366x380) Image search: [Google]
1407359685929.jpg
19 KB, 366x380
>>54002689
>writing code in a non-monospace font
>>
>>54002942
>>Saged, hidden, reported
>and yet he posts here and gives the thread attention.
>>
>>54002833
They're not just pulled put of my ass. Look at any statistical gender breakdown of any software company. You're still fine. No need to panic. Look at computer science programs.. still fine. Chill out.

I mean are you guys not straight? Do you not want at least some women around who are qualified and adept engineers?
>>
>>54002992
how about you go promote mining and oil rig jobs for women?
>>
>>54003018
I do. I think that women should do all the same jobs we do no matter how good or shitty they are. I mean why not? Obviously software is going to be a big focus because it's such a huge career path right now.
>>
>>54003038
>I think that women should do all the same jobs we do no matter how good or shitty they are

>I think we should force women to do things they're not interested in because corporations want to flood the labor force to lower wages

kill yourself you betafag
>>
>>54003062
It's not about forcing women to do something they don't want to do. Because all these programs are opt-in. It's not like I can force you into a college major or a career. That argument doesn't hold up especially well.

Women aren't being forced into software any more than you are
>>
>>54003062
Also, is that what this is? You think that there's some conspiracy by corporations to use women to lower wages? Because women are fighting for higher wages, and the workforce is going to change more because of the flood of new garbage easy Web Development frameworks
>>
>>54003077
>It's not like I can force you into a college major or a career
yes is it, granting free money (like google did) will get people to do it even if they don't care, and requiring by law, a certain percentage is also FORCING.

You are the most brainwashed little fag I've seen talking about this.
>>
THEIR SHITTY PSUEDOCODE DOESN'T ALLOW NONBINARY PEOPLE TO JOIN

#RAPE

for real though, would they ban a person who identified as neither male nor female?
>>
>>54003126
What law requires a company to hire just women? Not in the US. But maybe you're somewhere else
>>
>>54003143
there's a law trying to be passed to force force companies to have X% of female workers, even in highest positions. Faggot political correctness is literally ruining the economy.

>somewhere else
yes, europe
>>
>>54002689
>That indentation
>Using C style classes with Java style object parameterization

I wouldn't trust these bitches figure out how to write my name on a cup of coffee.
>>
>>54003126
And why is getting new people in such a bad thing? What if there are people out there who are exploring new fields of study and new career paths?

Are people only allowed to be software engineers if they have been bred that way since birth? Why is that fair?
>>
This whole thing is: we want more worker, less housewives. WORKERS FOR THE ECONOMY MACHINE!

It's not about caring what women want, it's about quilting and shaming them to work.
>>
>>54003162
Oh yeah okay then I agree with you there. That's bullshit. Sorry didn't know that. Assumed US.

But I still think trying to get women in isn't so bad as you all think it will be
>>
>>54003174
>Are people only allowed to be software engineers if they have been bred that way since birth? Why is that fair?
no one is keeping women out you retard. this is about forcing them in.
>>
>>54003164
>C style classes
>>
>>54003196
Right okay. And I think forcing them in is bad. But that's not really what is going on for the most part.

I think we agree then
>>
File: 1433737836186.jpg (38 KB, 568x740) Image search: [Google]
1433737836186.jpg
38 KB, 568x740
>>54003164
>C style classes
>>
I was there today, who are you?
So many hot girls though.
>>
>>54002775
>Women ARE underrepresented in the programming industry

They are also under represented in all kinds of industries like mining industries, driving/delivery services, hvac services, automobile services, sales. all kinds of industries, some of which have 0% representation. why is programming so much more important??
>>
>>54003077
>It's not about forcing women to do something they don't want to do

then why dont you have training programs specifically for women for other industries?
>>
>>54003665

>women not represented fairly in portable toilet rental and maintenance

I have literally never seen a woman emptying a port-a-potty. Let's get on this.
>>
>>54002689
RANDSTAD
A
N
D
S
T
A
D
>>
File: nederland.jpg (423 KB, 2400x810) Image search: [Google]
nederland.jpg
423 KB, 2400x810
>>54003753
>>
>>54002775
Women are underrepresented in programming because most women don't want to be programmers because programming is tedious soul crushing thankless socially isolating drudgery.

The only reason that "women in tech" is a thing is because of the unrealistic expectation that "tech jobs" are only about hip san fransisco startup culture, when in reality the vast majority of tech jobs are horrendously dull.

You know how many men get CS degrees because they like playing with computers and video games and shit, only to realize they fucking hate working in programming jobs?
>>
>>54002689
>Java

absolutely disgusting
>>
>>54002689
> gender is implicitly binary, Female/girls or boys only

somebody please report this hate crime
>>
>>54003802
It's C#
>>
>>54003162
What the fuck. Even in Sweden that shit is illegal and will get you in trouble.
>>
File: PcuQAPqg.jpg (41 KB, 680x1209) Image search: [Google]
PcuQAPqg.jpg
41 KB, 680x1209
>>54002689
Not tech, fuck off back to /pol/, and/or kill yourself.
>>
>>54003188
trying to get women in could mean that a more qualified person doesnt get in, just because he has a penis.
>>
>>54003764
What argument are you making now then?

If tech jobs are boring and frustrating, why do you care if you think women are misled in trying to investigate that area that they are a minority in? If they find out that it's bad, they won't stay.

Unless it's genuinely what they care about doing with their lives and they've found it out through an outreach program!
>>
>>54004058
*sigh* I feel like I debunked this paranoia earlier. But if you are not convinced. Don't worry, there are still plenty of penis filled CS programs and universities for you, and they aren't going away
>>
>>54004111
you really write like an effeminate fag
>>
>>54003857
Polished shit, still shit though
>>
>>54004122
I'm a woman. I'm sorry, I was born kinda faggy.
>>
>>54004137
now I know why you're in denial about this issue. You can't seem to fucking see what the problem is here.
>>
>>54004158
Are you about to make the argument that I don't understand because I'm a woman?

I'm all ears, please. Tell me what I don't understand?
>>
>>54004174
jesus christ, can people even stand you irl? did you trap some betafag to stay with you?
>>
It will end when you stop frothing at the mouth at absolutely nothing.
>>
>>54004111
lets put it like this:

a certain degree has 150 chairs available for next year, and the cut is made at a certain score on a certain test, but some program allows women to enter and fill in lets say 50 chairs, to make "women represented", but lets say the last 30 women that got a chair have less score than the last guy, so there can be 30 guys with better score than said women didnt get their chair just because this retarded and discriminative program.
>>
>>54004209
Why are you so bothered? I literally don't understand?

I just don't want people to knock outreach coding programs for women, or think that we're all unqualified slags.

I love programming. I've been doing software development since I was 12, and I got hired into doing enterprise backend development before college, but I do think it's weird that I'm the only woman here. What's such a problem for everyone about that?
>>
>>54004256
That kind of stuff is garbage I agree with you. I don't want to be selected just because of my gender. But I DO want programs to try and at least CONSIDER as many women as possible and do outreach so that women see different opportunity than the usual. If they don't get more women. At least they tried!
>>
>>54003108
>You think that there's some conspiracy by corporations to use women to lower wages?
Except that it is.
You're a moron if you can't see it.
>>
>>54004341
only uneducated women know that in FUCKING 2016 they can study whatver they like, if women and men are equal (i dont deny this) they should be given equal opprtunities and equal attention. This kind of programs are helping ONLY women. if you are equal to men you should go out there and fight for yourself, its what we all did.
>>
>>54004341
>But I DO want programs to try and at least CONSIDER as many women as possible and do outreach so that women see different opportunity than the usual

How about putting in as much hard work as males for once then? You never see women wanting to do manual labour and public service jobs like construction, road maintenance, garbage collection, farming. You only see women crying foul so they can get put in to money and power positions and without putting in the same work or effort and then demanding respect and equality rather than earning it.

Until you start getting women to do real work nobody will ever take you seriously and you'll always be considered not just because of your gender, but because of how pathetically fragile you are due to to your own games of victimhood.
>>
File: 1453028789016.gif (983 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
1453028789016.gif
983 KB, 500x364
>>54002689
you know universities cannot select based on gender right?
did you actually think this was real?
>>
>>54002689
id love to see someone sticking compiler errors under that poster
>>
It amuses me how the legislation put in to prevent discrimination against women is now hurting feminists because they want to remove men from everything

Take out your OWN garbage
>>
>>54002962
>and yet he posts here and gives the thread attention.

He clearly said he saged
>>
>>54004341
>But I DO want programs to try and at least CONSIDER as many women as possible and do outreach so that women see different opportunity than the usual.

Do you have a computer?
Do you have an internet connection?
Great,now you can become a programmer. No fucking outreach necessary.
>>
>>54004626
I clearly said "attention" and not "bump"
>>
>>54002689
Wouldn't the whole thing just crash if you signed up as a male, or at the very least stop accepting new student entirely?
>>
File: file.png (330 KB, 494x411) Image search: [Google]
file.png
330 KB, 494x411
>>54004819
I like the way you think
>>
I have no problem with girls having clubs for their own shit too.

What I don't get is how they rant when they are excluded but get a free pass when they make girls club shit.
>>
>>54004501

Can't have miss jenny working on a building site - far too many rough men there that don't take no shit.
>>
>>54004648
I'm not talking about myself. Obviously, I've made it. I don't need help, totally fine. But exposure to something else than the norm can pique your interest in it. That's how I got in. My parents are programmers and IT professionals. How do other people become programmers? They try a cool college program

>>54004501
There's 2 points here. The victimhood thing sounds like a reaction to some overly liberal bullshit that you saw somewhere. Yes that stuff is garbage, no it doesn't represent that many women.

The other point is weird and kind of irrelevant. Sure women can do manual labor? That doesn't at all make someone take you seriously though.. I mean is that how you feel?

"I really respect that smart ass fuckin garbage man"
Lol

>>54004437
Yes this is helping only women. Do we need help getting more men into programming? If so. Sign me up. I'll help!
>>
how are faggots like you any better than the tumblrinas you're bitching about, OP?

Did you cry in high school when you couldn't join the cheerleaders?

Just let them have their girls club, literally what do you care?

I'd be more concerned about affirmative action, but I have yet to see a tech position (meme management and academia notwithstanding) someone has been declined for, for the mere fact of being of male gender
>>
File: 1459453914188.jpg (633 KB, 690x2121) Image search: [Google]
1459453914188.jpg
633 KB, 690x2121
>>54002689
We need more women in
* mining
* welding
* HVAC repairing
* truck driving
Lets push women into these male oppressed jobs! For equality! For fairness!
>>
>>54002689
haha kankerpleb
had je maar voor de echte universiteit moeten gaan cursist
>>
>>54004501
This. Women want all the privilege without any obligations that come with it.

It is unfair when one half of humanity wants to live life on easy mode and kind of gets it, at the expense of another half.
>>
>>54004891

Where is the outreach program for boys, I didn't find any.
>>
>>54004891
why do you need help to get them into programming? if they want theyll sign up LIKE ALL OTHER HUMAN BEINGSSSSS
>>
>>54004283
You're not the only woman here. Most of us just aren't SJW like you.
>>
>>54002689
>shitty code uses == to check whether gender is female
>code throws exceptions for everyone regardless of gender
>women can't code
>patriarchy wins again
>>
>>54004891
you stated you were good at prgramming, did you need any of this bullshit sexist programs to achieve your goals? did you face male opression?
>>
>>54004895
Problem is this is not an advert for a club, it's an advert for classes.
>>
>>54003764
>hip san francisco startup culture
This is exactly what drives it. People think it's all Starbucks instagrams and street selfies, that you'll live like the trust fund bitch who does company PR on twitter.
>>
>>54002992
>I mean are you guys not straight? Do you not want at least some women around who are qualified and adept engineers?

Men are able to keep their professional and romantic lives separate. With as much as women scream about men objectifying women, you'd think they'd know better than to mix their love life with the office.

We're quite capable of courting women outside of the office. We don't need a captive audience in order to find a date.
>>
>>54005354
>Men are able to keep their professional and romantic lives separate.

Introducing women (that aren't actual *real* programmers) in a team it's like throwing a spanner in a gearbox.
>>
>>54003764
> how many men get CS degrees because they like playing with computers and video games and shit
I'm a sysadmin because of that. It's cool, Linux is the best game ever.
>>
>>54002689
Here's what I want to see

>University does full female football team, excluding males even they want to be cheerleaders
>>
>>54004983
Why would women want to do those jobs? Compsci/developers make more money and there's less risk of injury or death at the job.
>>
>>54005449

>Why would women want to do those jobs?

You think men want to do them?
>>
>>54005497
What does it matter? This is about women being excluded from desirable jobs (e.g. compsci/software developer), not about women being excluded from undesirable jobs. If you don't understand this, you're not just a misogynist, you're also a moron.
>>
>>54005523

A job being desirable should be irrelevant - the overall picture is clear, an uneven distribution of the genders in many, many jobs.

If you want equal representation you've got to deal with the shit to get the cream.
>>
>>54005523
> This is about women being excluded from desirable jobs
Nah, nobody is excluded, most womens just aren't interested in these.
>>
>>54005546
What a ridiculous argument. You're like a white person in the 1950s claiming that "If black people want to go to white universities, they also have to experience sunburn. You can't have one with the other".
>>
>>54003733
But I have seen women being toilets.
>>
>>54002775
>there's so many programming jobs and software is such a fast paced industry
Is that what your professors at college told you? Lol.
>>
File: 1460047220276.jpg (220 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1460047220276.jpg
220 KB, 1200x900
>>54003764
>that last paragraph
Thats me
>>
>>54005615
Women are being indirectly excluded since they are
1. Discouraged from or not encouraged as much as boys to go into tech fields
2. Continually discriminated throughout their education as well as in the workplace
3. Harassed sexually or otherwise by a mostly-male workforce

These aren't opinions. These are facts. Claiming that women "don't choose to go into tech lol" is like saying Africans chose to be slaves.
>>
File: 1455628157926.jpg (58 KB, 957x558) Image search: [Google]
1455628157926.jpg
58 KB, 957x558
>>54005668
I was trying to be objective but you just went full retard with those facts, but at least the quality of the bait in these board is above the average
>>
File: gh.jpg (66 KB, 956x631) Image search: [Google]
gh.jpg
66 KB, 956x631
>>54005668
proofs
>>
File: tmp_2012-22tPPkCl771969798.jpg (74 KB, 640x531) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2012-22tPPkCl771969798.jpg
74 KB, 640x531
So what?Just let the girls and the minorities have their propaganda, award ceremonies, exclusive clubs, whatever.
As long as you've got intelligence and the ability to collaborate with likeminded folks unimpeded, then you're always going to be the ones with the keys to power in the society.
Ultimately, being competitive with your intelligence in producing a good or service in demand is going to lead to society valuing you above all else. Everything else can be automated.
If a company wants to stay in business they're generally going to hire the most intelligent and flexible candidate they can afford. That will not change, there is no substitute for intelligence of humans (at least not yet).
In the short-term, some schools and companies will fall for the meme. It's only a matter of time before some institutions learn what's best to stay competitive, however. Then the rest of the industry will follow suit or risk failing.
>>
>>54005692
>>54005703
Right, you want proof of global warming as well? Jesus Christ, read a single book (or even a blog post if a book is too much work for you) on the subject.
>>
>>54003164
It's obviously supposed to be C# as C# has namespaces and a concrete List class and no checked exceptions and operator overloading so == calls equals on strings.
>>
>>54005051
Wearing a skirt doesn't make you a woman, fag
>>
>>54005668
> Harassed sexually or otherwise by a mostly-male workforce
BTW, my boss is female and DAMN she is smart and fit. I want is at least spank her.
>>
>>54005909
> I want is
Look like my upper head can't think straight. Alright, it's time to stop.
>>
Why is it that I only hear about all these female coders on Facebook and college campuses, but literally have only seen one female coder in real life, and she was straight out nasty.
>>
>>54002689
Do they actually exclude all males? I doubt that's legal in the netherlands.
>>
>>54005523
>>54005622
You are a moron if you think it's ok for a man to die on the job, but not ok when it's muh womyn

>>54005546
This
>>
>>54003665
Because it is white collar work.
>>
>>54006090
>You are a moron if you think it's ok for a man to die on the job, but not ok when it's muh womyn
When did I ever say this? Oh that's right, I never did.
>>
>>54006138
And? How is it fair to shove women only into easy jobs?
>>
>>54006155
You are implying that it's not ok for women to work on physically demanding dangerous jobs, even though on these jobs there is 98%/2% male:female ratio

You can't have a higher moral ground while being this hypocritical.
>>
>>54006161
There isn't anything fair about this. I'm just answering the question about why they care about programming in particular. Obviously they aren't going to start a fuss about women being under-represented in shitty jobs.

Also just because you work a less physically demanding job in an office doesn't mean it is easy.
>>
>>54002689
>when will this fucking forced meme end?
When you remove the kikes that push this shit from your country.
>>
>>54005773
Nigger, nobody cares what your opinions are. Show us the fucking proof. Your bitching does nothing except make you look like a retarded faggot. Your shitposting contributes negative value to this discussion. If you were truly invested in helping women you would actually try to find where the real problem lies and figure out a solution. In reality you're fucking selfish and are only interested in how you feel not what other people want in reality.

Kill yourself.
>>
KANKER HBO
>>
>>54003138
they throw out everyone who isnt female, look at the code
>>
>>54006185
I'm not saying it's not okay for women to work at these jobs. I'm just saying these jobs aren't attractive. Why should we encourage women to work as coal miners, welders or other dangerous jobs when computer programmers are paid more and have virtually no risk of getting hurt at their job? The reason women don't work as miners etc is because these jobs are shitty and dangerous. The reason women don't work as computer programmers or developers is because of active and indirect discrimination. Which part of this is difficult to understand? Can't you see how your argument is completely lacking in logical coherence?
>>
>>54005523
I am a misogynist. Whatcha gonna do now?
>>
File: Capture.png (500 KB, 570x719) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
500 KB, 570x719
>>54004501
Au contraire, anon.

http://dailycollegian.com/2016/02/23/umass-construction-sites-work-to-add-female-minority-workers/
>>
File: checkem.jpg (12 KB, 248x248) Image search: [Google]
checkem.jpg
12 KB, 248x248
>>54002689
Think that is code just means they inherit another second class ghetto.
>>
>>54006237
>When you remove the kikes that push this shit from your country.
what are you going to do? deport your women?
>>
Waar maken jullie je druk om
>>
>>54006400
better check yourself, tough guy.
i eat dicks like you for breakfast
>>
File: 1456935358914.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1456935358914.jpg
91 KB, 1280x720
>>54003665
Because they romanticize any thought of being a #nurdLOLXdxd.
I never understood why that is though.
>>
>>54006512
dit. je ziet aan die "©DRESSCODE" al dat het niet vanuit de school zelf komt.

ten tweede, als dat wel zo is, wat dan nog?
>>
>>54006570
Meh, het feit dat de URL eronder wel van de hogeschool is, doet anders suggereren. Maar inderdaad, wat dan nog.
>>
>>54006639
>Mannen creeeren technologie x
>Mannelijke studenten uitgesloten van opleiding in technologie x want vrouwen zijn zielig
>>
>>54007147
Dit is gewoon een publiciteitsstuntje, niet zo aanstellen.
>>
>>54007191
kanker mongol
>>
>>54002992
>> I mean are you guys not straight?
Can chicks make valid points without subtly mocking the sexuality or virginity of men?
Because I never see it
>>
>>54007234
>fell for the meme
>>
This shit is dumb as hell. They're literally just as bad as the "hurr durr boys club" retards. Coding shouldn't be a gender-specific thing in the first place.

They think that they're evening out the playing field, but really they're just making themselves look like petty SJW retards.
>>
>>54007278
>fell for the meme
>>
>>54002689
fuck
{
}
this
{
}

the only true way is {
}
>>
File: heaven.jpg (34 KB, 427x300) Image search: [Google]
heaven.jpg
34 KB, 427x300
>>54002689
>CTRL + F
>kanker
>3 results
kankermooi
>>
>>54007245
The answer is: no.
>>
>>54006518
Shut up and make me a sandwich bitch.
>>
>>54007392
>Let's eat grandpa.
>>
that was their plan all along, occupying the high paying jobs with zero skill and knowledge and it's working, people are getting cucked out of their jobs lmao
>>
File: KURWA.jpg (41 KB, 409x389) Image search: [Google]
KURWA.jpg
41 KB, 409x389
>>54007420
>proper punctuation saves lives
>>
File: 1280946320785.jpg (74 KB, 780x629) Image search: [Google]
1280946320785.jpg
74 KB, 780x629
>>54005734

based market economy, let the invisible hand fist the plebs hard and with glorious righteousness
>>
>>54004819
it probably would. also, there aren't any methods called/used, only declared, if it was a constructor, it would work automatically but this is not the case right? it wouldn't do jack shit imo(if it is c#)
>t. can't quite into programming
>>
File: Untitled.png (6 KB, 432x204) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
6 KB, 432x204
who else waiting for bash here?
;-;
>>
>>54007420
Tits or GTFO slut.
>>
>>54007489
>still waiting
Get on my level, faggot, I jumped on the botnet dick first.
>>
File: fedora12.png (463 KB, 2728x2148) Image search: [Google]
fedora12.png
463 KB, 2728x2148
>>54007500
great post, friend
>>
File: 1450414536917.png (297 KB, 1282x795) Image search: [Google]
1450414536917.png
297 KB, 1282x795
>>54007489
I just got the update now.
>>
>>54007302
Idk, I've been known to drop my curly brackets from time to time. It adds white space and makes things more readable
>>
>university club for women is for women
no problem here
clogs are cucks of course but this is exaggerated
>>
>>54007606
Great shitpostiing slut.
>>
>>54008182
>slut
Oh yes, hurt me with your words! You want this boiipussy don't you?
>>
>>54002689
Please Anon, go there and stick some compiler errors on the poster.
>>
>>54002775
>Companies aren't going to start only hiring women, and the ones that do you won't want to work at anyway.
No. Just this year, I already know of 5 friends that got rejected from software and electrical engineering jobs, because the companies were looking for "more feminine candidates". These are people that I know personally from university.

I also knew one of the girls that got the job instead of my buddy. She could not program to save her life. During final exams she would write C++ programs with 5 main()'s and wonder why it wouldn't work. She had the guy who got rejected do all the work for her during a curricular internship for the company. He was denied the job and she got it instead, despite him being able to do HIS own work and HERS.
>>
>university of applied science
dont worry, this has nothing to do with academia

this is literally a wageslave factory
>>
>>54008633
No, you know people who weren't hired because they simply were not qualified. Whatever helps you sleep at night knowing are fitting in on /g/ though
>>
>>54008669
Right, because you know them better than I do. Keep your denial to yourself. These are people I worked with personally.
>>
>>54008633
This is sadly true, specially in large corporations where HR is above all
>>
>>54008200
I'll fuck you in the ass u slut.
>>
Where the fuck is Ricky Stalememe when you need him.
>>
File: 1438891198506.jpg (357 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1438891198506.jpg
357 KB, 960x720
>>54008847
Oh my :3
>>
>>54008702
Sorry kiddo but I will not play along. No one is going to say that you didn't get the job because they wanted to hire more women. And no one is going to wast their time interviewing people they know they won't hire because of some chick who 'writes 5 mains in a program' is going to get it.

You will have to do better than that.
>>
>>54008633
Oh yeah, to complete my post a bit more. I also worked for a small company for 2 years and they were looking for junior software engineers to fill the team.

After posting the ad for it they got around 60 resumes/curriculum's. Only 1 was a girl. They immediately contacted her first because she was a girl and they wanted "diversity". After a few more interviews she was selected for being "a nice person". Not because of her skills, but for being "nice". This was straight from the mouth the human resources manager. Later she rejected signing the contract because she found a better company, so they had to choose one of the 59 boys left.

>>54008967
Ah alright. Take care son.
>>
>>54008930
>>54008930
>using emoticons

you're a huge faggot, go back to tumblr.
>>
>>54008979
HR is only the first wave, once you get past the preliminary you are referred to the respective department manager or employees and you go from there.

It doesn't seem like you have much experience in the real world.
>>
>>54009004
make me, kiddo
>>
>>54009025
For a small company (we are talking about 20 people) HR is the first and last wave.
>>
>>54009032
Go away you sjw fag this is a technology board.
>>
>>54009088
sorry, still not convinced
you'll have to try harder
>>
You guys are fucking pathetic. You are shit programmers but instead of accepting that and trying to improve you are blaming the women who study hard to become excellent programmers for stealing "your" jobs. It is not "your" job if you do not get it but it instead is given to a more qualified woman. Man the fuck up, faggots.
>>
>>54009208
You are a fucking dilusional retard if you actually believe that.
The majority of women can't program period.
Companies only hire them to fill quotas or because they are "nice".

Grow the fuck up, pussy.
>>
>>54009208
I don't want to be excluded because of my gender though. Is that so wrong?

t. Male Uni of Applied Science faggot
>>
>>54009208
Well consider this. Everytime you act like a sjw a girl's pussy gets dry as fuck and nobody wants to fuck you.
>>
>>54009127
You must be a real faggot to defend sjw's that or you're a woman.
>>
>>54009251
>Source: what I read on /g/ and cherry picked articles that are blown out of proportion.

Stay in school.
>>
>>54009276
I am not defending anything or anyone. Just enjoying your hissy fit. Please, continue.
>>
>>5400928
Look it up you idiot, I don't see any source in your post either.

Grow up.
>>
>>54005668
1. Women are, at least where I live, being practically chucked into a goddamn cannon aimed at the tech industry- however they decide against it most of the time when they realize it's 99% programming and boring, socially-isolated drudgery.

2. Professors give easy passes to women because a girl has a far higher likelihood of "WAH I FAILED MEANIE PROFESSOR DOESN'T LIKE ME oh also he groped me (but not really, i'm just saying it)" and nuking their career. The only thing you can objectively prove in THIS regard is the fact that women do, on average, get slightly lower pay- but this is because women don't try to negotiate for a higher rate.

3. Most guys in the tech industry, from my experience at least, are neutral towards women but hostile towards shitlords; sadly, a lot of women behave like shitlords thus generating a major confirmation bias.

I admit my counterpoints aren't as rock-solid but this is based off personal experience as a mechanical engineering student/intern. Most women also tend to choose to not go into tech due to the difficulty in learning it.
>>54005773

Cont. in the next post.
>>
>>54009324
You are the one crying, and you tell me to grow up?

Better work on those social skills or you will be lucky to get past the phone interview. It's always going to be everyone's fault but your own.
>>
>>54002689
>foreach(Student student in newStudents)
Wouldn't it have to be a reference to "student" like
>foreach(Student& student in newStudents)

Isn't "student" a new object that is a copy of one of the Students in newStudent at that point? Or have I been writing
>for(class& x : y)
for no fucking reason this whole time?
>>
>>54002689
>throwing an exception for an unexceptional, common and valid case
Women.
>>
>>54009337
>Most women also tend to choose to not go into tech due to the difficulty in learning it.
I don't think it's so much about difficulty. Difficulty is, from my experience, something you will face with glee if you're passionate. Like you said, women don't want to go into the tech industry for whatever reason. They all seem to want to go into art, teaching, nature or medical educations.

Also, from my experience the 'easy passes' thing is true, but perhaps not because of the reason you described.
>>
>>54009345
I don't have any problems with interviews, In my field of work even if they wanted to hire women they couldn't find any so I don't care.

I'm just calling you out on your bullshit because you don't know anything about the industry.
>>
>>54009402
This got me.
Too bad most people in this thread aren't actual programmers but just reddit and /pol/.
>>
File: horo.jpg (46 KB, 657x361) Image search: [Google]
horo.jpg
46 KB, 657x361
>>54005773, cont. from >>54009337

There is factual proof of global warming; however, humans have provided a fairly small contribution to it, as natural climate changes are a thing on Earth- over time (think thousands of years), greenhouse gases are released thru plant death, volcanism, and its ilk.

After a while these gases get brought back down to Earth via rain (yes water vapor is a greenhouse gas) and plant life gradually absorbing carbon dioxide. There is geological evidence indicating that the rise and fall of greenhouse gases are what caused ice ages in Earth's history- we've been on an upward tilt for the last few thousand years. We’re only noticing now because people got concerned about car exhaust, which is mostly carbon dioxide and water vapor. Now, with these two increasing at a slightly higher rate than if humans didn't exist, there's something happening. The globe... Is warming. It's unthinkable, right?

You might wanna go return the extra chromosomes you have. Citation, so your two brain cells can try to restablish some function. IPCC, 2007: Climate Change 2007: The Physical Science Basis. Contribution of Working Group I to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change [Solomon, S., D. Qin, M. Manning, Z. Chen, M. Marquis, K.B. Averyt, M.Tignor and H.L. Miller (eds.)]. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, United Kingdom and New York, NY, USA.

Also the next time you wanna shit up a thread, please for the love of God at least TRY to use a valid argument.
>>
>>54009447
You are the one spouting 'MUH WOMAN CANT CODE' and stupid shit about someone who writes 5 mains gets hired (although that might not have been yours). You are literally the one making shit up and trying to fit in here.

I had to turn down job offers, but I am coming out of school for security so don't try to act all high and mighty because you look like a fucking tool.
>>
Why does everyone on this board hate women so much? I don't get it. Is it really that you guys hate them for not fucking you or is it because it's not "PC"
>>
>>54009454
Isn't it simply going through the people who want to join and saying if your a silly boy you are denied? Seems normal given the stupid fucking context.
>>
>>54009430
The reason I say difficulty and not challenge is because difficulty is something that's about as enjoyable as a cheese grater to the face, but you need to do. Most women who bitch about few girls in STEM wanna be "le techie gurl" but don't give a rat's ass about learning programming, fluid dynamics, or anything in that field once they realize how hard it is.

Art, teaching, nature, and the medical educations are more reliant on interpersonal abilities or creative ability rather than problem-solving capability.

And the easy passes thing is actually something that I witnessed happen with my materials science professor because there was a girl there who didn't even understand the raw idea of lost-wax casting, let alone why you wouldn't use Jell-O as a core material. But she threatened to run off and claim a false rape accusation. And, being in a libtard-rich environment, he basically had to give it to her.
>>
>>54009351
Maybe in whatever language you're thinking of, but in C# everything is by reference by default.
>>
>>54009574
Wow that's fucking terrible.
>>
>>54009513
The people on /g/ are the same exact users as /pol/. Misogyny is just reflexive anti-feminism to them.
>>
>>54009556
>But she threatened to run off and claim a false rape accusation.

You almost got through the entire post without obviously making shit up. It's a bummer because of the rest of the post made sense but now it is discredited because you are trying to fit in here.
>>
>>54009596
It's actually pretty handy, since you can just write the same code you would in C++ but without & and * signs everywhere.
>>
File: 1453340866941.jpg (31 KB, 381x315) Image search: [Google]
1453340866941.jpg
31 KB, 381x315
>>54002775

Get fuck out here, underage!
>>
>>54009626
>implying that I made that up
>implying I'm doing anything other than stating my opinion

I sincerely wish I did. I've heard a lot of arguments between girls and professors that DIDN'T culimate in that, but that one was relevant to my point so I threw it out. Guess I should've lied and said sue for slapping her or something.
>>
>>54009725 here, accidentally entered my post early.
>>54009626
I might've misheard her, but that's sure as fuck what it sounded like, and the way the guy just shook his head and said okay seemed to imply that's what she did.
>>
>>54009550
Even so, being something other than "Female" is not an exceptional case. The exception is entirely unnecessary and misused here.
>>
>>54009773
How else am I supposed to output a message to the user?
>>
>>54003389
He may have been talking about the syntax style that a lot of languages have in common and not c itself. Not that i agree with his statement in the first place.
>>
File: 1459396016753.jpg (361 KB, 960x638) Image search: [Google]
1459396016753.jpg
361 KB, 960x638
>>54005773
Oh shit nigger just stop, implying you are not just a troll, tell me how many programs have you done or how many software projects have you been involved
>>
>>54009880
You're supposed to integrate with twitter, facebook, and instagram. When straight cisgendered white male scum try to apply you get a rape alert with the attempted raper's name, face, and address which is then automatically posted to the linked social media accounts so everybody knows the rapist scum tried to violate your safe space.
>>
>>54003690
Clearly its because this is a good field to work in. It goes the same as with men. People tend not to advertise garbage collection jobs. If there came a day where garbage collection made a decent salary and was in need of applicants im sure it would be advertised as well.
>>
>>54009208
If they're more qualified why do we need a quota in the first place?
Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.