[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/SQT/ ~ Stupid Questions Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50
File: DtmNFph.png (81 KB, 732x823) Image search: [Google]
DtmNFph.png
81 KB, 732x823
/SQT/ ~ Stupid Questions Thread

Post your simple/small/stupid questions here, ONCE and WAIT for a reply. You are NOT entitled to an answer.

For Linux related stuff, try >>>/g/flt

>READ THE STICKY FIRST >>51971506
>GOOGLE YOUR ISSUE BEFORE POSTING
>DO NOT BUMP YOUR QUESTION

Redirect anybody asking stupid questions outside this thread.
Use >>>/g/sqt as a link to find this thread.
>>
What is a good book for learning multi-threaded programming in C or preferably C++? I understand the basics, now I want to have a good text to read on it.

Also, looking for resources on just making and structuring larger projects. I have good knowledge on programming patterns, but I feel like I am just missing so many ideas beyond that.
>>
Didn't really get a reply that helped last thread so I'll try again.

Novice python programmer here

I have argument called balance. And I need to run it through a series of conditions to return certain numbers. Here's what my code looks like

def aFunction( balance ):
if balance <= 10:
return balance
elif balance > 10:
balance = balance * 0.021
return balance
elif balance < 10:
balance = 10
return balance

What I need to do is let the second test run
elif balance > 10:
balance = balance * 0.021

and somehow test it again to see if balance is less than 10, and if so, balance equals to 10.

I understand what I need to do I just don't know how to write it
>>
File: book-1281236_640.jpg (67 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
book-1281236_640.jpg
67 KB, 640x426
Should I pirate ebooks? Why?
>>
>>53849593
Yes. Too expensive. Buy your eventual favorites to encourage good books to be made.
>>
What exactly is the BIOS for? The only time I ever enter the BIOS settings is when I want to boot the computer through USB
>>
>>53849432
Get one that takes normal coffee grounds in a normal filter. Don't get a Keurig or whatever that takes little packets. Those might result in a little less cleaning, but the packets are ridiculously expensive compared to a can of grounds.

You shouldn't need much in the way of features, but there are some you might want. If you like your coffee right when you get up, get one with an alarm feature so you can set it up the night before and it'll turn on by itself a little before you get up.
>>
File: Untitled 1.png (1 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
Untitled 1.png
1 KB, 240x240
any window/gui builder for WINAPI
>>
>>53849557
This code makes no sense.

If you need to run a function twice, call it twice.
>>
>>53849618
>The BIOS (/ˈbaJ.ɒs/, an acronym for Basic Input/Output System and also known as the System BIOS, ROM BIOS or PC BIOS) is a type of firmware used to perform hardware initialization during the booting process (power-on startup) on IBM PC compatible computers, and to provide runtime services for operating systems and programs.
>>
>>53849557
Write if instead of elif on the last clause. If will run regardless of previous checks. Elif will only run if the previous if/elif did not.

>>53849593
Do you want one? Do you want to not pay money for it? Then yes. It won't support the author, but if you're a poorfag that's how it goes.

>>53849618
It's the layer of software that interfaces most directly with some of the hardware. On boot it tests and sets up all the hardware and figures out what it's going to boot from. There's a bunch of options in it where you can set things like processor features or enabling or disabling various hardware. For instance I enable VT-x in mine because I use VMs, and disable TPM because I don't use it and don't want malware or shitty OSes provisioning it.
>>
>>53849603
Why do you think ebooks are too expensive?
>>
>>53849630
visual studio
>>
>>53849630
VisualStudio can design dialog boxes for standard win32. Alternately use ResEd from RadASM.
>>
>>53849722
>Do you want one?
I want ebooks.

>Do you want to not pay money for it?
I don't know. Are the publishers evil?
>>
>>53849855
>I don't know. Are the publishers evil?
If you consider the publisher evil and want to support the author, pirate and then send money to the author. That way they get all the money instead of a small slice of it.
>>
as a complete noob to linux, how difficult would it be to install gentoo?
>>
>>53849938
How can I send money to the author?
How much I would need to send?
>>
>>53849939
Very. Don't do it. If you're a noob, get Mint. It's probably going to be the easiest to pick up and learn, and doesn't make you jump through hoops to get it installed and working.

I also suggest installing it in VirtualBox or VMware Player instead of on your real system if you're a noob. That way you don't have any potential to screw your Windows, and you'll be able to just tab out of it to google questions if you run into trouble.

>>53849977
Look them up, see if there's an address or other contact info. It'd probably be fair to give them what you saved by pirating.
>>
>>53849938
And if the author is dead?
>>
>>53850079
If you believe in how copyright works now, give it to their estate.

If you believe in an afterlife, send it to them there by burning it or whatever.

Otherwise, stuff it up your ass.
>>
>>53850173
>estate
?
>>
File: vilivx70apart2.jpg (328 KB, 1436x1030) Image search: [Google]
vilivx70apart2.jpg
328 KB, 1436x1030
How hard could it be to replace the USB I circled in the pic? Got this thing (not the one in the img btw) for a bargain, the previous owner removed it because he said that was desoldered. Sadly I don't know anything about the connector except that it's a USB 2.0, and the traces on the board seem to be fine. Can I pick a generic USB 2.0 female jack or I must find the specific kind used here? (In which case I'm screwed because this is the only photo I can find of this device opened up and I can't read shit on the connector)

I'm pretty capable of soldering myself (although I have little experience on pcbs), is there anything I should be aware of when doing this?

Normally I would bring this thing to someone more capable than me, but the only shop that will ever consider this repair is asking 72€+10 for the part, which is absurd considering I paid 30 for the machine.

(The model is Viliv X70EX btw)
>>
>>53850192
Their children, relatives, descendants, etc. who inherited what the author had when he died.
>>
My TV aerial is missing most of its channels. (I live in England, and I get all the BBC channels but almost no commercial channels). A guy I work with claimed he had a similar problem where he said he was accidentally scanning for radio stations instead of TV channels or something like that, but he couldn't remember any further details. The TV aerial is pointing in the right direction, and is not broken in any way that I'm aware of. I don't think there's anything in the way, although if there is, it's going to be a recently-built house or something (the aerial used to work) so I guess I, and all my neighbours, are doomed forever.

Does anyone know anything about TV aerials? The Internet seems very reluctant to tell me how to tune TV channels in manually from scratch, so hopefully someone here can tell me what's wrong.
>>
high RAM frequency (> 2400MHz or so) is a meme, right?
>>
>>53850227
Any suitable jack. The only things that differ within female USB 2.0 A are:
-Thru-hole or surface mount. Are there holes for it in the PCB? If not, it's surface mount. I can't really see it properly but the one in your picture looks like thru-hole. It's possible to use one as the other, but it's a pain and doesn't come out as durable.
-One jack or stack? Some mobos have multi-jack combo units, which is clearly not what your device takes.
-Quality. I've had some pretty shitty USB ports I extracted from a dead cheapass hub, they feel really awful to plug things into, but they work.
>>
File: ecs.png (16 KB, 105x50) Image search: [Google]
ecs.png
16 KB, 105x50
So I just came back to my computer which had automatically entered standby mode.

Long story short:
I am on Windows 7 and all my shortcuts and taskbar had disappeared, the only shortcut on my desktop was a "New WinRAR Archive" file.

I couldn't do anything, so I restarted my PC and everything is back to normal.

I am scared though, that doesn't just happen right?
>>
>>53850319
Why should they receive something? They didn't wrote the book!
>>
>>53850407
Thank you.
I think that's probably one jack thru-hole, based on what I can see inside my model
>>
If I encrypt my whole laptop with veracrypt and it brokes, will I be able to plug the hdd in another laptop and unencrypt it?
If I encrypt my whole laptop, will I be able to use the recovery partition to reinstall windows?
If I encrypt my pendrive, will I be able to use it in other computers without veracrypt? (I think not, but bI better confirm this)
If I encrypt my smartphone (with android's own encryption option), will I be able to acces it by plugging it to a computer so I can put and take files from it? will the unencrypted microsd work?

If the questions are very stupid I'm sorry. I know nothing about encryption and what I've readed in the internet hasn't answered my questions.

Thank you a lot.
>>
File: 2601678.png (28 KB, 601x559) Image search: [Google]
2601678.png
28 KB, 601x559
>>53850387
yes, unless you work with RAM intensive programs like databases
>>
>>53850465
Because that's how copyright works today. Retarded, isn't it? If you copyright something, you own it until 70 years after you die.
>>
>>53850457
turn off standby mode, it's fucky. and no one else have access to your pc?

scan with eset online and mbam.

>>53850480
if you remember the password, yes.
yes, but you might have to unencrypt that partition first.
yes, if you partition or mask the encrypted part as a fake file that does not fill the entire drive, you can still use it as long as you dont exceed the free space after counting the real files in the encrypted part.
i dont have any experience with smartphone encryption.

>>53850558
all because disney are jews. it used to be 5 years back before he got famous.
>>
>>53850574
Thanks!
>>
>>53850480
>If I encrypt my whole laptop with veracrypt and it brokes, will I be able to plug the hdd in another laptop and unencrypt it?
Yes. You can mount another system's encrypted system partition with any VeraCrypt on any OS.

>If I encrypt my whole laptop, will I be able to use the recovery partition to reinstall windows?
You should probably encrypt your system partition, not the whole drive, if you want to boot other partitions on the drive. Though you'd really do best to burn your recovery partition to DVDs and delete it. Or just download a Windows ISO and throw out the recovery. "Factory" Windows blows due to all the 'customization' and shitware preinstalled into it.

>If I encrypt my pendrive, will I be able to use it in other computers without veracrypt? (I think not, but bI better confirm this)
You will. Any VeraCrypt can open archives and drives created by another VeraCrypt. Obviously you need the password and any keyfiles you used. TrueCrypt will not be able to open things made by VeraCrypt. VeraCrypt can open TrueCrypt things, but not older ones.

>If I encrypt my smartphone (with android's own encryption option), will I be able to acces it by plugging it to a computer so I can put and take files from it? will the unencrypted microsd work?
It should. I don't know whether encrypted devices encrypt the MicroSD as well, but I doubt they do.
>>
File: 1459697499798.jpg (131 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1459697499798.jpg
131 KB, 900x900
WHY IS A 4790K THE SAME PRICE AS A 6700K
>>
>>53850574
>it used to be 5 years back before he got famous
Can you prove that?
>>
so google play store no longer shows patch notes with their app updates?
wtf is that about?
>>
Are these overdrive settings okay for a HD7850 2gb?

>gpu frequency 860mhz
>video memory frequency 1200mhz

Or should i tweak them a bit further? I get the feeling that ever since i installed the new drivers it's been acting somewhat slower

Also can i safely delete the 400mb "Packages" folder from the AMD folder on C: which also has the backups of previous versions?
>>
>>53850637
Thank you to!
>>
>>53849938
And how about if the author don't think that publishers are evil, and denounces me?
>>
File: VeraCrypt_Logo.svg.png (23 KB, 368x302) Image search: [Google]
VeraCrypt_Logo.svg.png
23 KB, 368x302
Why the fuck would anyone store the VeraCrypt encryption keys on the HDD, in those keyfiles? Seems very stupid to me!
>>
>>53850681
Why not?
>>
>>53849416
It's pretty much the same in any language. You want to learn the fundamentals and really know how to apply these concepts.

I've read this one
Andrews G. R. (2000)
Multithreaded, Parallel, and Distributed Programming
ISBN 0-201-35752-6

It's good but not great. Does teach you everything you need to know about multiprocessing to apply it effectively tho.
>>
>>53850771
Don't. You're supposed to put the key file on a USB stick you take with you. Now you have true 2 factor authentication -- you need something you know, your password, and something you have, your USB stick, to open the volume.
>>
>>53850681
because it's not manufactured any longer and retards like you still buy them, so the price goes up as the stock goes down.

>>53850711
apparently it was 14 years before that, but after the disney corp and other companies lobbied several changed it's not the whole lifetime of the author + 75 years after their death.

still fucked up.
>>
>>53850804
>it's now* the whole lifetime

fix'd
>>
Does changing from AHCI to raid mode in BIOS affect Linux installs like it does windows or will it just werk?
>>
>>53849386
I got a good question.

Why does OP make the subject /SQT/ instead of /sqt/ so that my filters don't work?
>>
>>53850846
why do you use case sensitive filters?
>>
>>53849416
About structuring large projects, Large-Scale C++ Software Design by John Lakos is a good one.
>>
>>53850828
Changing between AHCI, RAID and IDE-emulation does not affect Linux. It has the drivers for all of them present and will simply run the one for what's active.

>>53850846
I got one for you then: Why don't you fix your filters?
>>
>>53850023
I've already got mint but i just fancied the challenge, i'l just wait a few more weeks
>>
>>53850828
Depends what Raid mode. Shouldn't matter for RAID 1
>>
File: oohburn.webm (443 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
oohburn.webm
443 KB, 640x360
>>53850865
>>53850920
>>
>>53850924
Okay then install Gentoo in a VM or on a secondary PC. You WILL need to look things up partway through, and you will most likely screw it up a couple times.
>>
Anyone have any ideas for using a DS3 as a controller on a S7? As of right now, the S7 is unrootable, so I can't use the tool I usually use.

Would prefer wireless, but if there's no options, wired is fine. Looking at a tool called Sixaxis Enabler right now, but it costs money.
>>
I just noticed my overdrive doesn't seem to be working, it constantly shows the GPU activity at 0% even when i'm opening up gpu-heavy applications and such. Sometimes it seems to jump rapidly from zero to like 50% or something but that's just for like a split second

How to fix?
>>
Is using names from an anime as server names a bad idea? I currently have ikaros, nymph, astraea and daedalus. What does /g/ use to name their servers?
>>
>>53851046
are you alt-tabbing to check? it'll go to idle mode as soon as you do that.

use a monitor like msi afterburner so you can see the last 15-30 minutes of activity.

>>53851073
i see many people do that. personally i used old gods.
>>
What are some program that can rip DVDs into mp4 or something like that so I can watch them on my PC
>>
>>53849386
I'm looking to get a surface pro 4 for work.
>lite adobe premiere video editing
>Photoshop / illustrator

Is there anyway to get the botnet spyware and everything out of windows 10?
>>
>>53851139
handbrake
>>
File: passmark.jpg (19 KB, 684x65) Image search: [Google]
passmark.jpg
19 KB, 684x65
explain yourselves inteltards
>>
>>53851139
ffmpeg
>>
>>53851157
you can get some of it out but security experts confirmed you can't turn it off completely, there's still background data being sent to MS.

check MDL forums for more info (account required to see thread content, but it's free)

>>53851179
>passmark
there's nothing to explain. stop using shitty "benchmarks"
>>
>>53851179
Shitty benchmarks and all i5s and I7s are the same.
>>
>>53851046
>>53851046
Also my fan speed is stuck at 30% and doesn't seem to readjust itself

What do? This is the crimson version where the hotfix for this had already been issued afaik (15.12)
>>
>>53851330
Also double-checked with gpu-z when tabbing out of the game and it also shows the fan speed constantly stuck at 30% even as the temperature itself was rising
>>
>>53851330
is it an Asus card? they don't increase fan speeds until 90c (which is really stupid if you ask me)
>>
What tablet should I buy for the price range of 70 to 110$?
>>
>>53851191
thanks. I'll look into the forums.

If it wasn't a touch screen I would hands down go with w7.

I also wonder how w10 spyware works with VM
>>
>>53851414
>>53851414
It's a hd7850 but i'm not 100% sure it was manufactured by asus

So i shouldn't worry about it then? It's just the first time that i noticed this and i didn't really pay attention to it until now
>>
>>53851558
i wouldn't worry about it. if it's been working for all these years then it probably won't quit any time soon. and even if it does, it won't be expensive to upgrade
>>
>>53850796
But Wikipedia says the keyfile contains the passwords!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyfile
>>
>>53850804
You haven't proved.
>>
File: Speccy netbook MSI MS-1245.png (23 KB, 611x371) Image search: [Google]
Speccy netbook MSI MS-1245.png
23 KB, 611x371
Should I increase my netbook total RAM?
It supports 8GB, accordingly to the manual.
>>
>>53851589
>>53851589
> if it's been working for all these years

That's the thing, i just recently did a downgrade which went a bit choppy (also didn't check for any residues from the newer crimson version) so i was worried it might have fucked the fan control up or something
>>
>>53851688
Yes, its DDR3 RAM is cheap and 2GB is nothing.
>>
>>53851723
AMD software is shit. i have a 7 year old asus hd5850 that will overheat if i don't manually turn up the fan speed. it still works fine even after heating up to 95c a few times. they are durable cards but it's a good idea to keep an eye on temps with a program like hwmonitor and then turn up fan speeds to keep it from getting too hot.

also, if the blower fan is vibrating a lot then take the case off your gpu, and pop the fan off with a screwdriver and squirt some wd-40 into it and pop it back on. there are vids on youtube that show how to do this. it's pretty simple but you might have to do it every few months.
>>
If my phone is hitting 70°C since i updated it to 6.0 should i reformat it?
>>
Does anyone have a torrent link to the latest daily build of Lubuntu? Official DDL slow af.
>>
>>53851655
lol proved what? are you some kind of mega tard?
take 5 seconds to google "copyright law" and every fucking one of them will say it's lifetime of author + 75 years

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_Act_of_1976

>>53851794
yes that's hot as fuck for a phone
>>
Someone keeps installing spyware through my 3G Data. Found a route to my sim. What do?
>>
>>53851775
>>53851775
Well in this case i don't have any fan speed control option available in crimson, which is weird

Can you recommend a good third party program which overrides crimson with the manual fan speed control?
>>
>>53849386
Any book recommendation on XAML controls, syntax, and such? I've been messing around with UWP and I am struggling on making custom controls, data binding, data templates, and other XAML stuff. The MSDN library for UWP isn't that beginner friendly and it doesn't have much description nor examples compared to the C# MSDN documentation.
>>
>>53851866
>>53851866
Now i'm trying to dpwnload the Crimson Edition 16.1.1 from amd's site but every time i click on the link it says "Download Not Complete" and just refuses to serve me the download. What the fuck?
>>
>>53851866
>>53851931
try MSI afterburner

i'm not an expert but you might have some conflicting driver issues. reformatting is the only way to fix that as far as i know
>>
File: r7hvuJL.gif (248 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
r7hvuJL.gif
248 KB, 320x240
>>53851866
msi afterburner

>>53851978
boggles my mind that AMD was finally getting decent drivers and then they do this retarded crimson shit...

i was gonna buy AMD for my next GPU but i might not if they keep this trend up.
>>
Is there any way to log what command prompts do? Every time I boot up my computer one runs and I want to find out what it is before I backup and raze everything.
>>
I am interviewing for a sys admin(ish) internship tomorrow and I'm not sure what to expect--there aren't too many requirements for the job other than CS major.

One of the main parts of the job will be configuring linux servers to move everything to (from unix servers) and writing scripts (start-up, automation).

I was wondering if you guys could give me any pointers on good questions to ask or things to look up before the interview?

Sorry to bother about this I just thought it would be good to ask some people who actually know about this shit.

thanks
>>
>>53852019
you can check msconfig and the event logger
>>
Lot's of programs include a shared library containing functionality (often proprietary) in their root directory - for example, game engines will often have an engine.dll file or similar so that they can share code between their game and their editor. What stops people from just using that code in their own projects without permission?
>>
File: 1450784880712.png (6 KB, 401x367) Image search: [Google]
1450784880712.png
6 KB, 401x367
>>53851866
>>53851866
Alright so now i installed speedfan and fired up a game to test the fan speed sensors, gpu fan speed was at 1690rpm in idle and after a couple minutes ingame it went up to around 1980rpm so i think the setting is indeed working/set to automatically readjust itself accordingly if the temperature rises and it's just that for some reason this doesn't show up in the piece of shit crimson GUI properly. I think i'll just leave it be for now and if some BSOD happens or something i'll just reinstall everything again
>>
>>53849386
I want to set up a backup system that backs up my phone to my PC every night
but I don't have a lot of disk space to waste and I thought why not do it like github does
what Linux software can I use for this?
I don't need it to be as advanced as github, I just want version control for my files similar to windows's file history
>>
>>53852151
speedfan is shit, get MSI Afterburner like we told you 3 times already.

>>53852253
rsync maybe
>>
Why are tables the most useless and awkward piece of hardware? If it was smaller it could be a phone, if it was bigger it could almost be a desktop pc. It tries to be both and it sucks. So awkward
>>
Fucked up a USB drive, now it only shows up at 8MB (was a 32gb drive) and won't format even when I try it in diskpart. Any solutions other than trashing it?
>>
>>53852376
gparted
>>
Trying to install Linux(32bit) on a virtual box, and I keep getting this. I can skip it and it will boot up to the OS, then it crashes.

What causes this?
>>
File: error.png (3 KB, 571x45) Image search: [Google]
error.png
3 KB, 571x45
>>53852403
forgot pic
>>
What are the read/write speeds on a regular 7200rpm HDD like? my SATA2 is starting to piss me off
>>
>>53852445
You should use google before posting, you know
>>
File: VirtualBox_2016-04-04_02-36-00.png (14 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
VirtualBox_2016-04-04_02-36-00.png
14 KB, 800x600
>>53852403
>>53852417
When the OS crashes, I get this error.
>>
>>53852376
http://tech.saoslab.com/post/2013/03/18/cleanup-corrupt-partition-table
>>
>>53852294
>>53852294
>Implying i didn't already have afterburner installed

Naturally, it shows the fan control set on auto in there too despite the missing fan control speed settings in the crimson GUI

Think i'm good to go for now, though i'll avoid any amd updates in the future so as to not break my running system again

Thanks for the help ;)
>>
>>53852376
open gparted, create new partition table
>>
is a xeon better for multitasking/working on a pc, vs an i7
>>
Could someone recommend me an OpenGL tutorial?
>>
>>53852690
3D Buzz
>>
How many times should someone try programming or math before realizing that they're just not cut out for it?
>>
>>53852744
Math involves several barely-related fields, and someone might be good in some but not in others.

Since you're on 4chan it's safe to assume that you will never program anything non-trivial, and if you need applications that you cannot pirate then you should just use your welfare check to hire a freelancer to do it for you.
>>
>>53849386
Windows 7 Here. I have a couple hundred PNG with a transparent background. I need them white. How can I accomplish this?
>>
Is the phone supposed to stay on the boot logo when you do a factory reset?
Moto G2.
>>
My system idle process is sperging out causing high cpu usage spikes and things like that. How to fix?
>>
File: Debian-Cluster-Screenshot.png (140 KB, 1920x968) Image search: [Google]
Debian-Cluster-Screenshot.png
140 KB, 1920x968
Anyone know what this guide format is called? It's super comfy and I'd love to use it.
>>
>>53852831
I once did a contrast fix for hundreds of holiday pictures for one of my relatives (who was too retarded to select the proper cam settings lel) via gimp. There's a batch processing setting somewhere that lets you mass-edit pictures in a certain directory once you've given all the variables to edit

Maybe googling it can help you out further with this, but yeah gimp should definitely be able to do that i think
>>
Someone keeps installing spyware on my iPhone no matter how many times I factory reset through iTunes. Must have found a vulnerability route to my sim since I keep my Bluetooth and wifi off. What can I do at this point?
>>
>>53853018
next time you buy a phone pick one that doesn't come with a trash OS. It will probably help a lot.
>>
Are there any lcd scratch removers that actually work? My monitor got a small scratch in it's bottom corner when I was moving but I don't really want to get a new one.
>>
File: iunniuuiun.png (92 KB, 477x104) Image search: [Google]
iunniuuiun.png
92 KB, 477x104
why is windows 8.1's font rendering so bad and how can I fix it?
>>
>>53853013
My current system involves setting Paint as the default, opening, and saving; since it handles transparency as white. Thanks I'll look into it.
>>
>>53853083
downgrade to windows 7
>>
>>53853098
what? it's probably the same
>>
>>53852703
>recommending immediate mode tutorials

never again
>>
>>53851642
That wikipedia entry is not about VeraCrypt. VeraCrypt's key files can be anything, even picture or DLL files. It just hashes the first ~1024 bytes of the file and mixes it in with any key generated from a password you've entered.
>>
>>53851688
I see you're using a 32 bit OS. It can't use more than 4 GB. I also don't see 8 GB being that useful on a freaking netbook, but if you want to use 8 GB, you'll need to go up to something other than Win7 Starter and get the 64 bit version.
>>
>>53853039
Well for the record, my previous android phone was hacked into. Photos taken and leaked, then the person forced a hard reset to remove evidence.

It was a remote attack, Metasploit was probably used. So I jumped ship.

I actually watched a couple of Def Con videos over the subject and feel fucked so far with options anyways.... So to be real. All smartphones have trash O.S.
>>
>>53849386
Hey /sqt/

Got a bit of an ECE question here:

So I bought a diy pre-amp kit from aliexpress for soldering practice and threw it together, and it works, but there seems to be a bit of a problem.

When I plug it in and run it, once the tubes initialize (about 3-15 seconds of warming) they emit a regular "popping" sound. Similar to what I imagine a capacitor discharging would sound like. But it takes so long for the pops (again, about once every second. [could it be related to the 60hz ac input?]

Here are the posts in /ohm/ on /diy/ I made in order:

>>>/diy/971922
>>>/diy/972086
>>>/diy/972121

Link to video showing problem: https://youtu.be/i7esqS-ysZw
>>
>>53852318
Tables come in many shapes, sizes and heights. Have a look around any furniture store and find a table that works for you.

>>53852376
Rufus if you're on Windows. It will repartition the drive to its full size and format it, all on one step.
>>
>>53852318
>>53853191
damnit i meant tablets
>>
>>53852962
laptop or desktop ? which CPU ?

>>53852971
html ?

>>53852031
if it's an internship, don't worry too much. THey know you'll be here to learn stuff from them and they can't expect you to know everything.
They'll probably just ask what you know and won't verify it. Just check what are file systems, the distributions used for servers, what is raid, how to set up ssh.
If you have a minimum of knowledge about the CLI you'll be more than okay.
>>
are desktops obsolete?
>>
File: Annoyed - ssvxxLK-1.jpg (159 KB, 931x1001) Image search: [Google]
Annoyed - ssvxxLK-1.jpg
159 KB, 931x1001
Do's and dont's for dusting?

Gonna dust for the first time. Its been a year Since my build.

Also, when should I reapply the thermal goo?
>>
>>53853117
srry i meant vista*
>>
How do I customize a /bin/sh prompt at root login?
>>
>>53853163
You went from a trash OS to another one.
Just take a ubuntu touch or jolla. Those OS are still more secure than android or iOS.
>>
>>53853226
Is this a joke I'm not in on
>>
>>53853233
Is that from Juno? Best Ellen Page
>>
>>53853226
no and they won't be before a very long time. They are too powerful compared to laptops and smartphones and you need them for too many things.
>>
>>53853226
what is this nonsense
>>
>>53853239
Edit roots .bashrc
>>
>>53852668
Xeons are good for workstation tasks, anything really CPU heavy. Typically things like Photoshop or 3D CAD work.

For multitasking of normal programs, an i5 or i7 will do fine. I have an i7 laptop with an SSD and it handles everything I throw at it very smoothly, even with multiple VMs running.

>>53853083
AFAICT 8.1's font rendering is the same as 7's. Go play with the ClearType tuning control panel if it's not adjusted right for your monitor.

>>53853233
>Do's and dont's for dusting?
Do take it outside if it's really dusty, you'll make quite a mess otherwise.
Don't just use a hoover, apparently they can generate some ESD.
Do get a can of canned air.
>>
>>53853261
does anyone even use them outside of audio/video and gaming niches?
>>
>>53853304
Are you serious?
>>
>>53853246
If android and iOS are trash.... Just fuck it.

Thanks for your help. I'll suffice.
>>
>>53853328
yes even most developers just plug an external monitor to their laptops and call it a day
>>
>>53853276
/bin/sh, not bash

so much linuxism is hurts
>>
>>53853304
They make for good cheap expandable servers.

Kinda hard to get a laptop with 6x 3.5" drive bays.
>>
>>53849593
Yes. Hardly anyone outside of self-published authors sell their ebooks without DRM. And eBook DRM is basically the purest manifestation of copyright evil.
>>
>>53849386
So I'm currently looking at 3 monitors. Vx239h, u2414h and LG 24mp77hm-p.
Acording to tft central they all use the same panel (LM238WF2) but most of them have different spec like 8ms to 5ms.
Does that there's no different between them real instead of price?
>>
File: Untitled.png (60 KB, 460x478) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
60 KB, 460x478
I just got a new HDD, and everything is fine besides the time. It is showing things as 2 hours in advance. I set it to central time, which is supposed to be 9 pm, yet it shows as 11 pm. Also everything online is 2 hours ahead. I'm getting emails now that say they've been sent 2 hours ago.
>>
I'm trying to add converted subtites (ass -> srt) into an mkv using
ffmpeg -i input.mkv -i input.srt  -map 0 -map 1 -c copy output.mkv
but when I do this the subs' font size ends up way bigger than the original mkv I pulled them out of. However, when I fully re-encode the mkv and burn them in using
-vf subtitles=samesubinputasbefore.srt
they are the correct size.

Am I doing something wrong?
>>
>>53850371
Are you running the freeview frequency changer that was posted out by the government? If not use it. If you have recently got 4G coverage in your village, it can fuck it with freeview waves.

If you are, try an amplifier
>>
File: Y510p.jpg (304 KB, 1920x1446) Image search: [Google]
Y510p.jpg
304 KB, 1920x1446
Fucking shit.

I got a Macbook Air for free from my relatives last year. It's lasted me pretty much a semester and a half through college, but has totally shit out on me in the past few months.

I need a new laptop and the /g/ wiki recommended pic related. Is it worth blowing ~$1,000 on? I need something that'll last me the last 3 years of college and even after. Does it play Steam games well? I kind of gave up Steam once I got to college but I've really been aching to play TF2 or something. Will this run it well?

Sorry, I know nothing about comps, I've only ever built one in HS and it's at home rn.
>>
>>53852517
set it to manual fan speed in afterburner you fool

>>53852831
batch script with an image editor

>>53853018
go to the apple store and ask them

>>53853042
toothpaste

>>53853098
>upgrade to windows 7
FTFY

>>53853233
use compressed air (dont turn the can upside down or sideways when you spray).
dont rape the fans by making them spin insanely fast.
dont use the vacuum if you have any hardware in the case.
use a slightly damp cloth to wipe the outside of the case.
use a brush (thin bottle cleaning dish brush works great) to remove the harder to clean dirt on fans.

>>53853353
desktops wont be obsolete until laptops are as easily upgradable and as cheap as desktops.

>>53853530
are you retarded? just fucking change it

>>53853705
>Is it worth blowing ~$1,000 on?
only you can decide that
>Does it play Steam games well?
that's a retarded question since they have everything from the least demanding 20 year old game to the latest unoptimized piece of shit console port.
>TF2 or something. Will this run it well?
a toaster can run TF2.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Lenovo-IdeaPad-Y510p-Notebook.97470.0.html
>>
>>53853705
that's a lot of money for old hardware
>>
>>53853842
thanks

>>53853890
any laptop you'd rec instead?
>>
I've been trying to make a simple space-delimited CSV file into a chart without much success, any ideas on it?
>File
64487 04/03/2016

I tried to use matplotlib, but I generally keep getting
python "f:\Python27\Scripts\hist" -i dataproc.txt -o  a.png -s 1024
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "f:\Python27\Scripts\hist", line 108, in <module>
screen_width=args.screen_width)
File "f:\Python27\Scripts\hist", line 60, in calculate_histogram
hist_range_min = hist_keys[0]
IndexError: list index out of range

, even when I use something like hist ( https://github.com/crosswise/hist ) which in theory should do it automatically. Other scripts also give me the index out of range error.
Any ideas?
>>
>>53853896
any asus, toshiba, sony, msi, dell or lenovo with a 960M or better GPU
>>
>>53853705
I got its predecessor, the Y500. It's very decent still and most games run just fine even on Linux via Wine, but I wouldn't pay a grand for it anymore, look for something with newer hardware. Maybe there's a followup to Y series, check what Lenovo offers now, should be decent enough.
>>
>>53853896
>>53853705
Maybe I should just rephrase myself:

College student looking for a good/decent laptop

Looking for:
>~$1000 or less
>Last for at least 3 years w/o breaking
>Run most steam Games
>One I can get Windows 7 installed on/have pre-installed.

Don't need:
>Good speaker system (I have headphones)
>Portability. I want to be able to take it to classes, but I don't need it to be "paper thin" honestly. In fact, I'd rather it not be.

>>53853955
nice dubs. Any specific model you have in mind based on the above criteria?

>>53853983
thanks
>>
can mods on 4chan see all posters IP's and ID posters even on non-ID'd boards or is that admin only control?
>>
>>53853995
your criteria that it runs steam games is still retarded

just go to a site like newegg and filter your search so only laptops with a 960M, 970M and 980M shows up and then set a max price and order the results by price (cheapest first) then compare the rest of the specs then google reviews.

>>53854044
if mods also handle unban requests, they can see IP because they need to be able to for that.

if not they probably dont see IP
>>
I want to make a program to measure my internet connection. What libraries can I use to accomplish this? Bonus points if I can get info for the traffic of all the computers using the same internet connection.
>>
Is there any way to fix the critical_process_died bsod in windows 10 without doing a fresh install?
>>
File: 20160403_230812.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160403_230812.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
I restarted my laptop (running 8.1) because it suddenly had no sound. When I went to restart it, it updated as a result and when it finished, I came back to this. Am I fucked?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (179 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
179 KB, 1920x1080
I'm thinking I'll replace my Phenom II x4 965/GTX 560 build in the next year or so. Anything that's come out in the last couple of years is more than powerful enough for what I need, so I'm more just curious about which company is better, from a moral standpoint. Does Intel or AMD do more immoral bullshit? For GPU, I'm thinking AMD, because they're developing Vulvan, and Nvidia always makes some proprietary bullshit version of open standards that already exist(SEE: GSYNC). Thoughts?
>>
>>53851840
Proved that was Disney the responsible for theafterlife expansion.
>>
>>53853156
I forgot that the 32-bit system would be a limiting factor!
>>
I have a very stupid doubt regarding my future as a web dev.

How good at math do I have to be in order to become a decent web dev? Because I'm bursting my ass on the math classes and I'm feeling pretty stupid. Because I can't use a calculator or a computer, but I'm doing fine in the programming classes, and general web classes too.

I'm starting to have second thoughts on this.
>>
>>53853131
Where youn got the information about VeraCrypt keyfile?
>>
File: bfiJ9cR.png (17 KB, 522x285) Image search: [Google]
bfiJ9cR.png
17 KB, 522x285
Which order should I purchase upgrades in?
Cheap-ish suggestions would be great but not neccesary.

Issues:
CPU runs very hot, suspected old cooling paste/shitty stock fan
Two old 1280x1024 60hz monitors
Shit case
>>
>>53853513
How is this "ebook DRM"?
>>
>>53853842
>toothpaste
Thanks this actually worked a bit, it's less noticeable now at least, I'll probably still pick up some novus or something later in the week to see if it that fixes it
>>
Does 60fps video require more bitrate compared to 30fps video to have the same quality?
>>
>>53854944
Yes. Probably not quite twice as much, but definitely more.

Videos aren't just a really fast slideshow, there's some weird stuff going on with keyframes(Say, frame 1 of each second is a full image, and frames 2-60 only have data for what changed from the previous frame), but for the most part, you have twice as many frames, so plan for twice as many bits of data. Bitrate is just how much data is needed per second.
>>
>>53852019
Also try AutoRuns from Sysinternals. It'll tell you way more than you need to know.
>>
>>53854667
go back to school kid, learn some english and read a history book.

there are hundreds of legit sources with tons of proof if you just take your head out of your ass and google.

http://priceonomics.com/how-mickey-mouse-evades-the-public-domain/

>>53854565
>from a moral standpoint
AMD hands down are better. Intel and Nvidia are fucktards.

>>53854734
buy a cpu heatsink and new screen. ps that's not "very hot".
>>
>>53855009
Do you know what the consequences or using shorter longer keyframe intervals are?
>>
>>53855046
not right now since it's not under much load, but it goes up to like 85C and crash territory.
>>
>>53855072
definitely buy a new cpu cooler asap.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/CPUCooling/772
>>
>>53855131
also check this

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/?category=CPU+Coolers&manufacturer=&pp=25&order=score
>>
File: hana.jpg (293 KB, 1920x2252) Image search: [Google]
hana.jpg
293 KB, 1920x2252
cheapest way to get a windows 7 key?

should i just pirate it? what should i use to activate it?
>>
How do you get a list of special character on linux the way you do on a mac?
>>
>>53855156
>cheapest way to get a windows 7 key?
student discount

>should i just pirate it?
yes

>what should i use to activate it?
daz loader
>>
How do I get window snapping on Lubuntu?
>>
File: cooler-master-silent-pro-m850.jpg (250 KB, 1348x1080) Image search: [Google]
cooler-master-silent-pro-m850.jpg
250 KB, 1348x1080
I have a power supply that for whatever reason won't shut down my computer. I go through Windows shutdown, my computer appears to shutdown, but it's still running in what seems to be a very low power mode.

I know this is an issue with the power supply because I've tried it in multiple computers.

I want to use this power supply in my MAME cabinet but I need to get this bug worked out. Any ideas?
>>
>>53855173
>daz loader
safest (as in i can kind of have some reassurance im not installing malware) i can get that from?
>>
Where can I find a guide on how to de-botnet-ify Win10 (or a list of the malicious update IDs)
>>
>>53855224
Official thread on MDL forums.
>>
File: 1458702682635.png (139 KB, 425x552) Image search: [Google]
1458702682635.png
139 KB, 425x552
Firefox keeps disconnecting from the internet for some reason. Other browsers stay connected but for some fucking reason FF just disconnects out of nowhere.

This has been happening for about three months. A new update bug?
>>
>>53855233
MDL forums
>>
is it true they don't accept people over 30 in good grad school programs?
>>
>>53855447

What do I search for?
>>
>>53855493
a guide on how to de-botnet win10
>>
>>53855046
Are AMD video drivers less shit nowadays? I know the Windows ones used to just generally have more issues. How are the Linux ones?
>>53855056
No idea. I have no in-depth video knowledge. Just a guess, but longer intervals probably take up less space for higher CPU load? Since less frames would have the full image, but more would do stuff in relation to previous frames? Probably best to just Google it though.
>>
If my Moto G2 is reaching 70-75°C even after a factory reset, should i return it or something?
>>
>>53855596
Yes.
>>
>>53855673
Its around 4 months old and this problem started recently when i updated to Android 6.0.
I just did a factory reset but this keeps happening.
>>
>>53855540
>Are AMD video drivers less shit nowadays?
nope, they completely remade them and call it Crimson, it's a piece of shit. they were finally getting better just before they introduced that pile of shit.

>How are the Linux ones?
dont know

>>53855056
check handbrake guides on torrenting forums

>>53855693
>>
File: 1459721327284.png (218 KB, 540x280) Image search: [Google]
1459721327284.png
218 KB, 540x280
ayy /g/, know of any bag that can hold a laptop, and has divided sections you could put paper into? or maybe separate dividers I could insert into a laptop bag? I just want something that can replace a binder, and hold a laptop.
>>
Does anyone else enjoy moving data a lot? I don't know why but it just feels so satisfying to me to move a shit ton of data from drive to drive. Or PC to PC over the network.
>>
>>53855709
>nope, they completely remade them and call it Crimson, it's a piece of shit. they were finally getting better just before they introduced that pile of shit.
Stop lying you fucking nigger, they are actually good and better than Nvidias.
>>
is there a trusted website for downloading apk android files? I do not like googleplay, I don't have it installed on my custom version of android, and I see alternate websites where I can download the apk, but they seem sketchy.
>>
File: 1458959360972.jpg (26 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
1458959360972.jpg
26 KB, 540x960
>>53855769
then why is everyone on this board complaining about crimson
>>
File: root-android.jpg (27 KB, 467x242) Image search: [Google]
root-android.jpg
27 KB, 467x242
I recently got a new android phone and I was wondering what I need to make it look cool and slick like the wallpaper threads.

What software do I need to do to do this? Should I worry about it bricking my phone? What other perks does doing it have?

I know I sound like a retard, sorry. I have a very limited knowlage of phones
>>
>>53855762
thats a weird fetish anon
>>
>>53855790
Because when Crimson launched, it had fucked up fan speeds and some people cards overheated. They're in the tiny minority.

Plus, Crimson is not drivers. Crimson is simply the utility AMD made to try and make an all encompassing tool for over clocking, monitoring various specs/temps of the card etc. You can install just the driver without Crimson if you choose. Similar to Geforce experience.
>>
>>53855808
http://yttrium-tyclief.github.io/guides/Android/
>>
>>53855808
Don't do it anon. Get something like Nova Launcher and play with the various settings until things are to your liking. Otherwise you'll become consumed by constantly ricing your phone rather than using it. Nothing wrong with customizing a phone to your liking because you are looking at it everyday, but they take it to the next level in those threads.
>>
>>53855809
I know. Like I'm not rubbing one out, I just like filling my drives. Watching the various transfer speeds. The sound of my raid 0 setup as the move 1TB worth of data to the 4tb storage.

Granted I'm not just moving data pointlessly, but when I rip blurays and music, I look forward to transferring the 100gb or so.
>>
File: 1454563787193.jpg (88 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1454563787193.jpg
88 KB, 600x600
>>53855762

No I get nervous something will go wrong and both drives will corrupt.

Or that I might be transferring a hidden virus to my backup.

Or lastly the power might go out right when I'm almost done transferring ;_;
my landlord is stupid so shit like that happens

imagine 99% download stopped because the landlords iPhone wouldn't connect to the internet so he restarted the router without telling anyone.
>>
File: robosigh.gif (217 KB, 210x279) Image search: [Google]
robosigh.gif
217 KB, 210x279
>>53855829
well fuck, now i look like an ass... damn you
>>
>>53855909
Wait your landlord has the modem? Where do you live that you're not allowed your own internet plan? Because fuck that I'd be kicking down that motherfuckers door at 3am bitching.
>>
>>53855774
mobilism
>>
File: tower.png (27 KB, 846x660) Image search: [Google]
tower.png
27 KB, 846x660
>>53855970

It's a free 100MB network, we only have Comcast here so I'd have to dish out $80 if I wanted my own plan.

Which reminds me

Is there some sort of backup battery I can buy for my desktop?
Again my landlord does dumb shit like turning off all the power by mistake

Is there some sort of backup generator/battery I can use for my pc?
>>
>>53855212

pls help
>>
>>53856040
Yes. It's called a UPS, uninterruptible power supply. They're like $100. Fucking buy one.
>>
>>53856049
fuck off
>>
>>53849386>>53849386
If I upgrade to Windows 10 from 7, will I gain performance boost?

>i5 4690k
>ssd
>16 gig ram
>>
>>53856100
not really
>>
>>53856100
Nope.
>>
>>53856075

fuckyou thank
>>
There used to be a way to find sites where you could see sites that offered jobs if you inspected the soruce code. Like "Hey we see you peeking! Apply at this link!" Any idea how to find those sites? With google or somewhere?
>>
>>53851157
You also lose a bunch of the cool stuff the Surface can do. Windows Hello is godly.
>>
>>53851157
W10 cant be deactivated.

But you can just install Windows 8.1.
>>
File: 1459748350201.jpg (925 KB, 2304x1296) Image search: [Google]
1459748350201.jpg
925 KB, 2304x1296
What can i do with 3 samsung cable boxes? Just sell them? Can i hook one up to my tv and watch shows?
>>
>>53853513
I think some kind of DRM is acceptable and even necessary. I think the current manifestation is absolutely a shameless cash grab, but that doesn't mean DRM itself is evil.

I imagine the reason you say ebook DRM is pure evil is because with a physical book you can lend or give it to anyone you like. And yes using modern tools to police, block, and monetize that age-old practice is terrible.

But think for a second about that old practice. When you give someone a book or cassette or videotape, you lose it until they can physically return it. So no copies, and there's a wait. Also, it's a hassle to find something you like through someone else, especially if you'd like to keep it. So, people looking to save money can go through friends, but it's still efficient to shop for yourself. So people buy and the creators make a buck to keep creating. And for the stuff that doesn't have a huge following? Well each person who wants it probably doesn't know anyone who already has it, so almost all the fans of indie/cult stuff probably have to pay to get it. Thus small stuff is automatically better funded per fan than big media.

With no DRM at all, once one person buys something, they can share it online, and a world of people who don't even know that person have their very own copy for free. That's kind of fucked up if it's something that took effort, talent, money, and time to produce.

However, when DRM prevents something from being transferred from one device to another in such a way as no copy is made, that's outrageous. Having to buy something twice because you want to upgrade, or being unable to give it away is a direct insult to the consumer. To the people behind that, I understand the security risks but figure it out already because you look like assholes.
>>
What is a good external hard dive to buy lads?
>>
File: FF.jpg (37 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
FF.jpg
37 KB, 720x540
>>53856215

Stop stealing cable boxes Tyrone
>>
I'm trying to find like a Decibel meter for Wangblows.

I want to hear music at the same volume from my amp and without and such not. Just want to do some A/B tests but i'm not sure what to look up. Seems like everything I can find is physical meters. I just need a digital counter that tells me what volume my shit is being played at.
>>
>>53856244
I got those three from my neighbors when they were throwing away old electronics

[spoiler]Did the gypsies steal them?[/spoiler]
>>
>>53856242
something with a toshiba, highstar or WD inside

>>53856251
how are you supposed to measure dB before it leaves your speakers?
>>
Only when I connect to my openVPN from a particular hotspot am I not able to use http/s on almost all sites, but, curiously, I can use stuff like Weechat (I think it's SSL). I honestly don't know much about networking; anyone have any ideas or at least forward me things I should check out?
>>
Hey guys, I recently bought a new HDD to go ontop of the SSD I got for it a bit ago. The SSD is being used as a boot drive, and I want to use the normal HDD as a back up drive so I don't have everything on the SSD, which in comparison is very tiny.

I put it together and my bios and windows don't see the drive at all. I can hear it spinning but I don't see anything. My question is, should I move my 3TB HDD to Sata E2 to get it being read or is there another option I should perform? Would moving it hurt the fact I have an optical drive in it already or would that matter?
>>
Finally managed to get my new EVGA GTX 970 working - but only in HDMI. None of the DisplayPort ports work without glitchy screen or funky noises coming out of my speakers. I tried Googling and dunno what to do. And yes I installed the latest drivers and it seemed to work since my resolution is way better now.
>>
>>53856309
Oh, for what it's worth, I can't connect through the usual 1194 at this hotspot either; I use 443/https.
>>
>>53856337
The power cables are all okay? Have you tried new Displayport cables?

Otherwise you probably just have to RMA it.
>>
>>53856075
How much capacity is yours, and how long does it last? I considered picking one up a while back, but it sounded like they didn't last long enough to warrant the cost for me.
>>
>>53856215
So should I just throw them away?
>>
>>53854753
Almost every eBook purchased through legitimate channels is going to have DRM. I was urging him to go ahead and pirate away, preferably while still paying the authors money in some way.
>>
File: root-android.jpg (24 KB, 467x242) Image search: [Google]
root-android.jpg
24 KB, 467x242
>>53855808
>>53855830
This is awesome. Thanks.

Followup question: What is the difference between the different ROMs? If each one is fully costomizable, why should I use one over another? Which one is recommended?
>>
>>53856236
>I think some kind of DRM is acceptable and even necessary.

Not for ebooks.
Baen F/SF has survived all this time without DRM in their ebooks. In fact it's part of their marketing. Too bad their recent books are boring.
>>
>>3109552
Can I use bare audio wires with the S.M.S.L SA-50 amp? or do I absolutely need to use banana plugs?

Also, do banana plugs need crimping like coaxes?
>>
File: Screenshot (8503).png (193 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (8503).png
193 KB, 1920x1080
Heres mine; why do these two programs open on start? I can sort of understand that the wacom one might be related to detecting the device and then opening the program but adobe who knows??

Also what the fuck is with adobe checking for updates even when you have updates turned off?
>>
>>53856323
Make sure you connected the SATA cables from the HDD/SSD to the motherboard. Make sure the HDD/SSD is actually plugged in with your power supply.
And don't forget to format the new drives in disk management, otherwise it won't even be visible.
>>
>>53856513
Turn the fucking thing off in startup tab via system configuration tool.
>>
>>53856458
CyanogenMod has the most supported devices and the most reliability. Paranoid Android is another good choice for nexus devices.
>>
>>53856323
that's not what backup means.
does your mobo support 3TB drives?
there's zero reasons to use anything other than regular SATA. just try the other SATA ports.

>>53856526
he cant even see the drive in bios...
>>
>want to rename folder
>can't rename cause seeding
>torrent name doesn't even have artist - album
how do i deal with this ? the last thing I can do is put it in a sub-folder with correct naming
>>
What are some good monitors I should buy?
>>
>>53856653
Stop the seeding and rename it...
>>
>>53856539
look at the screenshot i included...
>>
>>53856653
just stop it, try renaming a file and then check hash in your client.

>>53856702
144hz IPS
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.