[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: 1459196456415.webm (351 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1459196456415.webm
351 KB, 960x540
This thread was created to prevent anons from spamming new threads, for technology questions they have.
If you are that person, post your simple/small/stupid questions here

Don't bump. This is a slow board, and will continue to be. Wait for an answer or google it.

If you see other anons posting questions outside this thread, ignore or redirect them here
Use >>>/g/sqt as a link to find the sqt thread
>>
Didn't get an answer last thread. Roughly how much should I charge when creating an Android application for a small/medium company in the UK?
>>
I can't tell if my PSU or GPU is dead, and I don't have another PSU/GPU/PC or a multimeter to test with.

BUT, I do have one little clue which could indicate which part is fucked:

If I start the computer without the video card connected (just CPU, RAM, motherboard, CPU HSF and power supply, mouse and keyboard) the computer will boot normally and give 8 BIOS beeps (GPU error, since the GPU is missing).

However, if I put the video card back in, I don't get any BIOS beeps at all and even more bizarrely, the mouse and keyboard don't light up during the boot process like they normally do. Why would the presence of the video card stop the mouse/keyboard from lighting up? And why are there NO error beeps when the video card is present? See, if the GPU was clearly faulty, the BIOS should give GPU-related error beeps and conversely if it's not clearly faulty, the BIOS should POST normally and give a single beep.

This leads me to believe it's the power supply which is faulty. What do you guys think?
>>
when is pascal being released? i heard april 4th but i can't confirm. does anyone know the price ranges?
>>
I'm not looking for someone to do this for me, I just need some place to start looking.

"You are the network administrator for a large private Hospital system. The Hospital has implemented a large scale ERP system that stores all records for every transaction conducted at the hospital. These transactions include patient information, financial information and business related information.

You have been tasked with creating a system/methodology that will allow authorized users to access parts of the system remotely. The remote connections fall into 4 main catagories.

1) Remote Medical offices - basically Doctor's offices that are not on the main grounds of the Hospital

2) Remote Medical Professionals - people that need access to information on the go, think Doctor's on call

3) Business administrators

4) HR for all employees to access their personal benefits such as pay schedules, health insurance choices ....

What would be the system/method of connection you would recommend? Keep in mind the high security needs of things such as HIPAA and finances."
>>
with a dual cpu build, would you still need another computer for encoding on the fly, say for streaming?
I know it doesn't matter that there are 2 separate CPUs, but with that many cores I have a hard time believing that the computer wouldn't have the CPU power to play the game and encode at the same time. With most games/non-productivity only scaling up to 8 cores in the best case, wouldn't this leave plenty of overhead power to run the encoder? I'm basing this off of a dual 8 core build, so 16 total.
>>
>>53794752
terminal servers
>>
>>53794807
Hell, a single CPU should be able to handle it if you get a more powerful CPU than you need for just the game. i7 maybe. Especially if you have a mobo that allows you to use your Intel GPU to encode video while your discrete GPU is busy with gaming.
>>
>>53794486
Depends on what the application does, but roughly 1-2€
>>
>>53794518
>>
>>53794583
I doubt it'll drop until May
>>
>>53794914
I'm pretty sure he's asking what to charge the company, not what the company should charge its users
>>
>>53794939
Yeah I am, sorry for not being clearer
>>
File: 26-249-176-TS.jpg (21 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
26-249-176-TS.jpg
21 KB, 640x480
What's a good fingertip grip mouse with software that works with Linux? I'm thinking about the Kone Pure Optical and the Rival 300.
>>
>>53794486
Depends on the type of application. A self-contained app should be much cheaper than something server-based.
>>
>>53794936
i found an article saying next month. i'm really desperate to build a new pc. my current one is 7 years old and slow as fuck. i'm just having a hard time deciding what GPU to get, but i just do 1080p gaming so it's not like it's a huge deal
>>
So is this upvote shit on 4chanX just an april fools joke right?
>>
I'm building a gaming PC. Which of these two similarly priced monitors should I get?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0148NNKTC/?tag=pcpapi-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0098Y77OG/?tag=pcpapi-20
>>
>>53794980
It uses a database (that the company already have) and scripts I have made etc
>>
I'm trying to partition a bootable HDD, but articles online say different things and I haven't been able to do it.

I have an old HDD that is dying, so I bought a new one. They are both currently connected internally via SATA, and the new one is recognized and un-allocated. All I want is the new one to do everything the old one does and transfer all the data over. I guess I just need someone to explain it to me like an 8 year old.
>>
>>53795176
Easiest way: Boot a live Linux CD like UBCD and use Clonezilla.
>>
>>53795297
>Linux
Windows 7, should have mentioned that.
>>
>>53795340
Yes. You use Linux to copy Windows installations. Copying Windows from inside itself often does not end well, and live Windows CDs mostly aren't as capable or useful as the Linux ones since they contain a very crippled form of Windows.
>>
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/CCLkkL

i'm trying to keep the build as cheap as possible. i'm worried about the motherboard. is it shit? can it OC the 6500?

also does anyone know of a good source for computer chairs?
>>
File: file.png (157 KB, 995x504) Image search: [Google]
file.png
157 KB, 995x504
Is pic related some shitty 4chan X update?

There's this '+' button on every post that, when clicked, includes their post number and a Jap message meaning 'Yeah' in English. I can't post it because of the spam filter either.
>>
>>53795456
It's 4chanX's latest new feature, an upvote button. It's an experimental new technology that could revolutionize the way we use 4chan. It may not function perfectly yet, but they had to get it out the door before April 1.
>>
>>53795405
Intel patched OCing non-K processors. Visit your local office supply/furniture store for computer chairs. Sub-$200 chair typically don't last long before the padding wears out.
>>
Uninstall and Hide following updates:
KB3068708
KB3022345
KB2952664
KB2990214
KB3035583
KB971033
KB3021917
KB3044374

Search CEIP in your startmenu and turn it off if you haven't already.

cmd:
sc stop Diagtrack
sc delete Diagtrack

Task Scheduler Library:
Everything under "Application Experience"
Everything under "Autochk"
Everything under "Customer Experience Improvement Program"
Under "Disk Diagnostic" only the "Microsoft-Windows-DiskDiagnosticDataCollector"
Under "Maintenance" "WinSAT"
"Media Center" and click the "status" column, then select all non-disabled entries and disable them.

services.msc:
"Remote Registry" to "Disabled" instead of "Manual".

Paste these into the "hosts" file in C:/Windows/System32/Drivers/etc/
(open with notepad)
http://pastebin.com/bp7wruLc

>access denied to hosts file editing
take ownership of the file:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/

3068708 telemetry
3022345 telemetry
2952664 telemetry
2990214 win 10 update compatibility check (windows 7 only)
3035583 get win 10 update app
971033 current OS activation checking
3021917 telemetry
3044374 win 10 update compatibility check (windows 8 only)

I have been following the above guide to remove Windows 10 updates to my Windows 8 system, and I've done everything down to edit the hosts file. I can paste everything in there fine, I just don't know where to save it.

>>53795456
I don't get that option. Sounds like numoot did some more dumb shit or something.
>>
>>53795456
Maybe April Fools?
>>
>>53795588
Dunno who you're replying to, but add to that "Then get GWX Control Panel and disable OS upgrades so it won't nag again even if one of the updates gets in again. Also change your update preference to notify but do not download because they keep republishing 3035583 daily."
>>
How can I stop Arch from freezing/locking everytime I leave my lid closed from more than 1 hour?
>>
>>53795637
Well, I wasn't replying to anyone. I was kind of asking what I was supposed to do with the host file once I had pasted in what I was told to.
>>
Very weird thing
Not something I'm particularly worried about but more curious as to what's going on
My laptop makes a whirring noise when i push on the s key, and only the s key
I can even hear it by just putting pressure on the s key, and not actually clicking it if I put my ear close to the keyboard
I've had the laptop for half a year and only noticed it now, but it's so quiet I wouldn't be surprised if it was always there
>>
File: 1439414878848.png (36 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1439414878848.png
36 KB, 1080x1080
>>53795576
ahhh jesus. fuck intel. fucking jews

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/nC6hsY

i guess i'm forced to spend the money then. how does this look?
>>
How is software like Geforce Experience and Skype able to open ports on my router without any authentication? Do they have an agreement with the ISP or something?
>>
I am currently installing windows 7 via CD to an unformatted HDD with no partitions. Did I fuck up, or will the windows installer create the necessary system / boot partition?
>>
>>53795741
Why does everybody automatically pick a 212 for a cooler? You do realize you'll never OC more than 4.2Ghz with reasonable temps (>70C) full load

Get a Noctua cooler UDH 12
>>
>>53795753
If you created the partitions beforehand you probably couldn't install Windows. It has to create them itself
>>
>>53795753
>windows 7
>CD

I'm sure you meant DVD. And no, the installer will make everything for you.
>>
>>53795781
better coolers are 2-3x as expensive
>>
>>53794313
i laughed longer than i should've at that webm
>>
>>53795738
Why are you still posting this

This question is way too stupid, even for /sqt/

Just open your damn laptop and fin out what the noise is
>>
>>53795800
I'm sure you know what I meant anon, but thanks.

>>53795797
Thanks. So tranferring files will just be as easy as hooking up both iHDD and dragging right?
>>
I buy a razer deathadder mice like 2 years ago and it doble clicks from the beggining but i dont change it or anything can someone know how to solve my problem :(
>>
the default location of my my documents seems to have gotten changed somehow. windows 7 keeps creating 'Music' on my desktop and then a My Documents folder inside of it every time i open a fucking mp3. how can i change it back to the default location or undo whatever i did?
>>
>>53795827
You would never get your money's worth out of a k CPU

>>53795845
You might need to take ownership of the old users folder to access everything. There is a registry script that adds "take ownership" to your right click menu to ease the process

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/
>>
>>53795725
I wouldn't add anything to the hosts file to stop the Win10 nagware, just remove and hide those updates, kill diagtrack, delete C:\Windows\GWX if it exists, and use GWX Control Panel.
>>
>>53795873
Check mouse settings and make sure double click is disabled

Install Razer Synapse
>>
>>53795876
i currently have an i5-750. going from that to another i5 doesn't seem like much of an upgrade. i'm just trying to weigh my options. 6700k is out of my price range and 6500 doesn't seem worth the money. i want a rig that will be fast enough to run new games for at least 3-4 years
>>
>>53795842
Because I'm not the type of person who puts "just" before "open the damn laptop"
>>
>>53795921
Is Haswell an option?
>>
>>53795929
yeah if it's a better value. i would like to into Skylake but it's pretty expensive, but then again so is a 4790k
>>
>>53795923
open the just laptop damn
>>
>>53795955
A 6700k isn't that faster than a 4790k. With OCing you could make a 4790k last at least another six years easy.

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-6700K-vs-Intel-Core-i7-4790K/3502vs2384
>>
as far as I know it's just a CRT thing, but is there any possibility that strong magnets (from old hard drives) can fuck up an LCD in any way? I want to find out before doing anything stupid
>>
>>53794313
winfag here, i've been using oldschool command prompt until today i decided to give powershell a go. problem is, as soon as the window opened, it would not accept any input nor would the window close (tried clicking x, clicking top left icon and close, tried task manager). so i've got this stupid window sitting open that is completely useless and completely unresponsive to anything i do. wtf is going on?
>>
i'm probably being a total retard but if i do
temparray=array;
sort(array);
array=temparray;

but "array" remains sorted when i want it to go back to how it was at the start what am i doing wrong
>>
Why is a boolean?
>>
>>53795887
Holy shit, thanks Anon. I had no idea about this stuff. Hopefully no nagware from now on.
>>
I got an intel 750 and i cant get it to show up as secondary storage

It shows up in the BIOS, shows up in intel ssd toolbox, but no where else, and I'm not quite sure what to do

Googling doesn't result in much, mostly people trying to boot from it.
>>
>>53795781
So is that the only thing you'd change to that build?
>>
>>53794486
1500-2500 USD
>>
>>53795956
damn just the open laptop?
>>
>>53795983
a safely-OC'able 4790k build isn't much cheaper than a 6700k. i'd still be spending around $1300. i'd like to keep it under a grand. logical increments is saying to go with an i3-6100 but i know that a dual core won't perform very well within a few more years.
>>
File: whyyyy.png (57 KB, 658x499) Image search: [Google]
whyyyy.png
57 KB, 658x499
I followed the setup instructions at http://files.nyaa.se/HOW_DO_I_PLAYED_BACK.txt to watch animu, but subtitles don't show up at all and I'm certain it's because XySubFilters shows up as **unavailable** here.

I've already tried to find the answer through Google, and failed. Can anyone help me?
>>
>>53796011
They both point to the same array. You have to make a copy.
>>
does this count

does anyone know any cheap/reliable/not shitty hard drive hotswap racks i can put into the front of my tower so i can swap out data drives easier/get them out fast in an emergency
>>
if I have a windows 10 iso can I do an upgrade installation by mounting it
>>
>>53795688
anyone...?
>>
>>53796295
no
>>
I reinstalled my OS a couple of days ago, and ever since I've done so, I've been constantly dropping from Steam, spotify, youtube, and even facebook servers every couple minutes. Also my average download speed dropped from 3.5MB/s to ~250KB/s.
Any ideas? When I check my wireless adapter's driver settings, they're all up to date. Do I reinstall again..?
>>
>>53796303
install a real operating system that isn't a fucking circlejerk meme
>>
>sent Steam friend pics of my gf
>he's mad at me and now I'm afraid he'll do something with pics
>he doesn't know my name, facebook, or email
>pics of girl are fairly vague and don't show her face (one of the pics is in the dark)
am I safe? I'm really scared he'll try something, but he's not very tech savvy, so at worst, he might spam the images on /b/ or some shit, but I'm still scared.
>>
>>53796523
if there's nothing identifying, you're good
if there IS something identifying, you're good

99.99% of people on steam are literally retarded and have no knowledge on how to reverse check people.
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 300x229) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 300x229
>>53796523
>having a gf
>>
>>53796523
if you want, you could send them to me and I could see if anything can be found based on them.
ik this probably sounds like a setup but im bored as hell so why not
http://steamcommunity.com/id/elizabethisaheckingnerd/
>>
>>53796561
how else would you get a gf's son?
>>
Asked before, got the RAM is the problem answer.

Computer acts weird. It happens too often and it's irritating me.

>chrome pages are blank after being idle for a while, loading them takes a long ass time, the reload spinner keeps spinning
>while this happens i can't browse my folders with Explorer or whatever
>if Street Fighter happens to load the match when this happens it takes either way too long or it disconnects

Stuff keeps "working", but it's like my hard disk is sleeping or something. I've tried browsing folders on other drives but it has the same problem.

Anyone? This also happens when I only have a few tabs open.
>>
is there any way to safely clean an LCD monitor?
>>
File: hard-disk-42935_640.png (123 KB, 640x588) Image search: [Google]
hard-disk-42935_640.png
123 KB, 640x588
I want to replace the HDD of my netbook.
There is any information I may need to do this, apart from being SATA?
>>
>>53796587
3D printing a fetus will become reality. Donald will make anime waifus real!
>>
>>53794313
>This is a slow board, and will continue to be.

What
>>
>>53796523
more of an >>>/adv/ question desu

my advice though is this
1. stop sharing pictures of your girlfriend with others (unless she's ok with it)
2. as long as he doesn't have your name he shouldn't really have any way of finding you. the only way you could be at risk would be if you use your steam handle for other accounts that contain other information (e.g. your name, email, etc)
3. even if he posts the images on /b/, the chances of them getting back to your gf are slim. people post nudes all the time and the internet is full of nudes, unless they're particularly good people won't really have much of a reason to save/share them, so they prob won't get too far.

you should probably post the pictures on here so we can assess the risk.
>>
>>53796552
>>53796580
>>53796618
one of them is just her legs and the other pic is of her back while she's topless, taken in bad lighting so I think I'll be okay

I'm not gonna share any pics, I figured a steam friend is low risk, but still nervous now

>>53796561
first gf m8, that's why I'm so scared, don't want her to leave ;(
>>
>>53796593
Comet cleanser.
>>
File: 1409364046266.jpg (306 KB, 1680x1340) Image search: [Google]
1409364046266.jpg
306 KB, 1680x1340
hi /g/,
so I go to a website and use inspect element on firefox to remove a div.
I use the delete node option and it works fine.
the trouble I have is when I reload the page or go to another page on the same website the div/node/frame I removed returns.
so I have to use inspect element again to repeat the whole process.

my question is
how do I make those changes stay?
I know it's just a local change not me changing the persons website.

thank you for your time.
>>
File: 1439888205103.jpg (195 KB, 724x965) Image search: [Google]
1439888205103.jpg
195 KB, 724x965
>>53796653
if i actually did this you would feel bad
>>
>>53796647
You're probably good, friendo.
I liked when my bf shared pics of me, but that's not the case for everybody.
>>
>>53796601
It's almost certainly going to be 2.5". Being a netbook, the bay likely won't fit drives thicker than 9.5 mm -- some high capacity drives are thicker than this so watch out.

Apart from that, with SATA hard drives it's basically if it fits it works. If you're putting in an SSD, you might make sure it supports SATA 3 if the netbook does.

>>53796610
But to make animu waifus we need 2D printing, not 3D.
>>
>>53796669
use stylish and hide it via css
>>
>>53796590
Also, I "lose" my network connection when it happens. When I try to play a new track on Soundcloud for example, I get their "no connection" error.
>>
>>53796670
No, I'd probably laugh at your retardation. But really, you want to use a damp -- not wet -- soft, lint-free cloth. Microfiber is an excellent choice if you have it, but even a decent soft paper towel will work in a pinch.

Wet cloth, squeeze it out good, wipe screen, then dry with another soft cloth unless you want streaks.

DO NOT use alcohol, hand sanitizer, soap or or similar faggotry. It will wreck the coating.
>>
How do I create a spambot? What do I need?
>>
>>53795876
>>53795876
Thanks. Seems to be good, however programs that I drag over from my old HDD don't show up in Uninstall Programs or in my start menu. Like I can launch them from Program Files but they don't show up anywhere else.

Also they don't seem to have things saved, I loaded firefox and it was default, all my userscripts and addons were gone.
>>
>>53796713
It will be a magnetic drive.
But, in the past, I bought a SSD and could not make it work in my desktop, why?
>>
>>53796759
some spam and a bot
>>
File: gsmarena_001.jpg (76 KB, 660x465) Image search: [Google]
gsmarena_001.jpg
76 KB, 660x465
Does my battery pack fry if I charge it and use it at the same time?
>>
>>53796601
I had to remove the case from my SSD to get it into my laptop. Not that big a deal, but I did have to cut up some plastic to wrap it in to prevent shorts. You might have to do something similar.
>>
>>53795875
do a system restore to a date where everything was how you wanted if you can't figure it out.
>>
>>53796769
You didn't format it maybe?
>>
>>53796769
>But, in the past, I bought a SSD and could not make it work in my desktop, why?
Idk, I'm not psychic, what did it do instead of working? Did BIOS detect it as anything?
>>
>>53796773
this is a good question
>>
>>53796773
Assuming you aren't trolling, using something while it is charging SIGNIFICANTLY drains the battery life. Only do it if you absolutely have to.
>>
is it possible to OC a 6100?
>>
>>53796829
Not trolling. Could it have tech to bypass the battery?
>>
I thought it's bad for your laptop battery to keep it plugged at 100%.
Now I'm hearing the exact opposite
What's the verdict /g/?
>>
I need a laptop to do hw and waste time on. I already have a really good desktop so I don't care to do the same for a laptop.

I want something extremely thin and mobile though that's less than like $450.
>>
File: 1440897736931.png (186 KB, 332x512) Image search: [Google]
1440897736931.png
186 KB, 332x512
Are there any web tutorials that get to the nitty gritty of programming and web dev? The "how to do this" and "how to do that"? Like if I want to make some kind of interactive feature or app, can I find a tutorial on it? I mean, I'm sure I could, I just don't know what everything is called.
>>
>>53796773
Devices generally won't let you do this since it doesn't make sense. You can either draw power from a battery or run power through it. If you connect a charger while draining the battery and the charger supplies more than the draw, the battery will charge slowly. If the charger supplies less than the draw, the battery will drain but more slowly than if the charger weren't connected.

However charging while using CAN hurt battery capacity, but this is because of heat, not directly because of charging while using. If you have both device and charging battery making heat, the battery can get pretty warm, and heat damages lithium ion cells over time.
>>
>>53796842
I'm not sure what you are asking.

Charge the battery when you aren't using it.
>>
>>53796866
It would be really nice in car and overseas when you only have to plug one device to wall/car.
>>
I don't actually have a stupid question I just wanted to rant

ye screw amazon
>>
>>53796878
You can charge the battery over night and use it during the day. Unless I am completely misunderstanding you.
>>
>>53796878
Well I tried it and it does work. No explosion so far :P Apparently some models do block this tho.
>>
>>53796843
I remember reading you're supposed to charge to ~100% then unplug, drain to ~30% and plug back in. Also that you should never drain completely. Not sure how accurate that is though.

>>53796700
share noods
>>
>>53796914
True. This way I just wont have all batteries full in morning.

But anyways just something I was wondering.
>>
>>53796922
ill show you guys my boobs if my fucking problem gets solved, I REALLY need to get this shit figured out.
>>
>>53796909
See if anyone's selling pennies or someshit.

I wonder how profitable it would be to offer "Sample of air" for $0.01 for people who need a few more cents to pad out their order.
>>
>>53796973
>profitable
>"Sample of air" for $0.01
infinitely 2bh
>>
>>53796970
which one
>>
>>53796922
this is what i heard to, but now i hear once the laptop is charged to 100%, it treats the laptop as if there is no battery, as in the power goes directly to the laptop, as in the battery is on standby, which I'm assuming is a better state then draining and recharging.
>>
>>53796863
>There's no support for passthrough charging (the ability to charge both power bank and a connected device at once)

Oh well, some packs apparently do support this feature tho. Just going to have to use it normally.
>>
>>53797002
>>53796485
>>
File: desktop.png (393 KB, 1919x1079) Image search: [Google]
desktop.png
393 KB, 1919x1079
>>53797015
my system information is in the speccy window
>>
>>53796770
Where'd I get a bot?
>>
>>53797028
i bet you paid like 2 grand for that craptop lmao
>>
Is there anyway I can access my system tray on Windows 7 while using bblean?
>>
>>53797028
winblows? make sure IPv6 is turned off.
>>
>>53794567
The video card is bad. The BIOS no beeping with the card inserted only verifies its presence not its working condition. If it was the PSU the video cards presence wouldn't make antg difference
>>
>>53797051
I paid $400
>>
>>53797071
nice
>>
How do I hack my bank so I can put more money in my checking account?
>>
>>53797082
Pretty decent score imo, friend sold it to buy a 970.
>>53797064
I'll try it and get back to you in a few. Thanks.
>>
>>53797005
n-n-nice theme
>>
>>53797102
just type your account number and all, ill send you a lil something
>>
>>53797103
Okay so I turned off ipv6 but nothing has changed.
A few days ago, the AT&T Serviceman came to mess around with our ports to fix my Father's connection on his Xbox One, could these port changes have possibly messed with my connection?
>>
>>53796764
Firefox user data and whatnot is inside users/username/appdata/local/mozilla/firefox

Programs don't show up because when you install them they add an uninstall link to the registry and a shortcut to the start menu/desktop. When you copied them over only the files get copied. You would have to reinstall them
>>
File: x98JIdjsaiodj8q0.jpg (80 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
x98JIdjsaiodj8q0.jpg
80 KB, 768x1024
thanks anyways, night everybody.
>>
>>53796789
>>53796794
It was not detected by BIOS.
>>
>>53797218
>You would have to reinstall them
Finding all the cracks again would be a bitch and a half, and most probably don't even exist or have been moved elsewhere.
>>
>>53797205
seems more likely
go into your router and look at what the situation is
>>
File: ss1.png (286 KB, 1077x735) Image search: [Google]
ss1.png
286 KB, 1077x735
It's shit /g/. Why?

It ran BLAZING fast on a new install two weeks ago. All I've done is install Firefox, flash, Realtek audio drivers, and Steam. No games downloaded.

I couldn't even post on 4chan, I just had to reboot to my OS X drive.
>>
>>53797388
What is wrong with you
>>
>>53797388
what
>>
>>53797388
wait what
>>
Can anyone provide a SHA1 of this file in Windows 10?
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\USBXHCI.SYS.

Mine is E4C5CF156BAE96B1508C09F894C7EE8D1FE10A0A

Getting BSODs with this driver so I'm wondering if it's corrupt.
>>
File: cat.jpg (21 KB, 268x265) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
21 KB, 268x265
is the asrock fatality z170 a good mobo? i've read mixed reviews about it. a lot of people seem to have DOA boards or have to troubleshoot a lot of issues. i do like the looks of the board and its price but i don't want to deal with the stress and frustration of having to play RMA-tag for weeks before i can get a working PC.
>>
>>53797437
I wish I knew wtf I'm doing when I'm picking a mobo
>>
>>53797352
>what is SFW board
>what is reverse image search

I mean, I know it's April fools and all so everyone knows they're getting tricked, but at least fucking try.
>>
File: image.jpg (154 KB, 638x508) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154 KB, 638x508
>>53797437
Asrock used to be the cheap segment of asus.
>>
>>53797408
>>53797419
>>53797422
Just wondering why it went from blazing fast to slow as shit and pretty much not working. I literally did nothing with it, just ran OS X for the past two weeks since the install. OS X and Win 7 are on different hard drives.

It's a brand new 1TB HD, Win 7 is the first thing ever installed on it. Booted it up today to install steam and just fuck around and it's suuuuuper slow. And like I said I couldn't even post on 4chan, I tried several times to post in this thread but it wouldn't work.

And here I am on OS X again.
>>
>>53797484
You have dual xeon CPUs, the worst fucking GPU possible, a random Apple motherboard with no background info, Windows 7 (you should honestly use 8.1), and no SSD (why the fuck would you buy xeon CPUs before simple upgrades like an SSD?)

As I said, what the fuck is wrong with you
>>
AMD FX6300 is going as high as 72c when playing games.
I'm honestly fucking sick of this cpu and I'll be buying an intel cpu in 2 or 3 months, along with an aftermakert cooler.

My question is, would I be safe to keep playing my shit for these 2 or 3 months with the cpu at 72c or will it kill the cpu soon?

[spoiler]Thanks, god bless.[/spoiler]
>>
>>53797388
APRIL FOOLS!
>>
>>53797522
>72c
Won't do shit m8
>>
>>53797529
The joke is that he's serious
>>
File: specs.jpg (68 KB, 917x665) Image search: [Google]
specs.jpg
68 KB, 917x665
>>53797522
>72ºC when playing games
i've been using my computer for the entire summer with idle temps of 70ºC, it goes up to 100ºC when gaming and I'll keep using it like this for at least 6 or 7 months, don't be a pussy
>>
File: 1438886981518.png (71 KB, 800x750) Image search: [Google]
1438886981518.png
71 KB, 800x750
>>53797562
>biostar
>>
Can a raspberry pi 3 cause a router to frequently lose internet question?
>>
>>53797529
>>53797555
I am serious. That's the sad thing.
>>
File: veryfastdog.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
veryfastdog.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
so Sky OC is impossible now? is intel still allowing BCLK overclocks of their non-K CPUs?

the asrock bios update that has Sky OC is 1.92, but i can't find that anywhere on their site. it's gone. does this mean it's now impossible to OC a non-K processor entirely?

this shits confusing as fuck. i was going to do an i3-6100 build and OC it to 4.7ghz but i'm not even sure if that's possible anymore
>>
>>53797600
Only the highest quality for me thanks.

Hopefully I'll afford a ~$1000 pc in 6 months but I have to learn how to fucking build one first.
>>
>>53797780
On youtube Linus might be a twat but his building videos do provide every bit of detail you need
>>
Anyone know Amazon's policy on returning monitors?
Realized I should have gotten an IPS the second I looked at my monitor
>>
>>53797800
But Linus is a breddy cool guy, eh fights aliens and doesn't afraid of anything.
>>
best simple-drawing-lines-image-editor?
>>
>>53797820
He built a raid 5, 20 something SSD setup and truly believed it was a good idea, until it fucked up
>>
File: dfefefwf.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
dfefefwf.png
1 MB, 1366x768
I found my old Win7 laptop. Downloaded speccy to see specs - got this for temps. Can this be correct? I'm typing on the thing now, and it's blowing out some warm air, but shouldn't that temperature auto shutoff the cpu to keep it from dying?
/g/ likes to use speccy all the time, but I heard speccy doesn't read AMD temps correctly. Is there a better temperature monitoring program for amd?
>>
>>53797841
At least he's having fun and trying things. Can't really get mad at the guy.
>>
theres a little plus sign next to my options button next to posts, im using 4chanX
when i click on a post japanese characters pop into my quick reply box
>>
>>53797427
bump?
>>
Is it better to turn my computer off overnight/when I'm not using it than it is to leave it on?
>>
>>53797901
Install the Windows 7 chipset driver for your laptop
>>
>>53797562
>>53797535
Well ok then. I feel like 72c for a CPU is way out of line, specially when it's gonna be like that for hours without a rest.

But worst case scenario, in case you anons are wrong, I'll just be without a pc for a month or two so it's not the end of the world.
>>
>>53797846
no, speccy does not read AMD temps correctly
>>
>>53797918
Honestly doesn't make the slightest difference

Mines on 24/7
>>
File: Capture.png (2 KB, 449x26) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
2 KB, 449x26
Anyone that knows what I'm doing wrong here?
//A.h
class A
{
public:
static void QueueForDeath(B* who);
private:
std::vector<B*> myVec;
}

//A.cpp
void A::QueueForDeath(B * who)
{
myVec.push_back(who); //I get error C2228 on here...
}
>>
>>53797921
I've also already done that for Win10. I assume you're talking about this https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/20775/Intel-Chipset-Device-Software-INF-Update-Utility-
>>
>>53797974
The one on the website of your laptop model/motherboard model
>>
>>53797925
your cpu is totally fine at 72c anon. it's completely fucking fine.
100c that the other anon said is fuckin retarded though.
>>
>>53795994
i rebooted and of course it went away but it still bothers me that it happened... anybody got anything?
>>
>>53797846
>128C

yeah, its wrong.
>>
>>53797988
i've done that too. I thought this was just for identifying hardware names in device manager. http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5480#driver
>>
What are the go to Virtual Machine host software for Windows? I know VMWare is on its way out, I never really cared for VirtualBox - am I missing anything?
>>
>>53797967
Um, have you included vector?
>>
>>53797800
Yeah, I have watched at least 30 videos of his in the past 2 days, they are pretty good and I like the guy.
The hardest part seems to be choosing the mobo but so far I have come up with this (http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZdJxhM). Maybe I should get a 390 instead but in my country it's $200 more expensive.
>>
is there a way to reply to my text messages on my laptop?
phone is android (LG) laptop is microsoft
>>
>>53794313
is there any way to run 2 operating systems on the same machine at the same time without using virtual machines?
I mean both OS running on bare metal, to clarify
>>
>>53798268
pushbullet is your answer, air droid works but only some of the time
pushbullet free you can respond to a limited number, if you pay like 3 bucks a month it's unlimited and that 3 bucks is worth it to me to not have to fuck with airdroid
>>
File: 1281368229904.png (20 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
1281368229904.png
20 KB, 200x300
>>53797028
I don't think I've ever been to /mu/.
>>
>>53798315
what's the deal, do they give you a brand new number, how does it work
>>
What's a browser that I can set up to use my system title bar?
>>
Friend bought a new laptop, with Win10 pro along side it now knowing it came installed. I talked him into giving it to me.

What's the best place to sell it? Is there a dedicated website for software like this?
>>
>>53798342
you'll need either a browser extension or the program (windows only)
then, the app on your phone will forward all of the notifications to the computer
for sms, some kind of magic happens (idfk) but you type the message on the computer, it sends it to the app on the phone, then uses your messaging app to send it its pretty easy, I would just download and try.
>>
>>53798399
ok
and sorry I'm not too tech knowledgable, how do I decide if I want the browser extension or program?
>>
File: Untitled.png (17 KB, 230x222) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
17 KB, 230x222
I had to install Windows 7 again. Now when I hover over stacked icons on the taskbar, instead of pulling them up into little windows like before it pulls up a list like fucking windows 98 or something.

How do I change this?
>>
>>53798461
up to you, both do the same thing, they offer the browser extension for OS the program isn't on, like linux, etc.
>>
>>53798515
gotcha
thanks a lot, I'll ask around a bit more and use this if there's nothing better
>>
>>53797846
speccy reports the temperature of my 860K as twice what it actually is
>>
Are there any good external blu ray players out there? Everything I've seen needs extra software that's super expensive or are from brands I've never heard of.
>>
How do I get all my bookmarks / addons / scripts for Firefox from one HDD to another? I tried copying and pasting the appdata from the old HDD but nothing happened.
>>
Are there any easy ascii art makers?

I got a simple map I wanna output and if i could just upload a pic or something to get a working map to output it would be great.
>>
>>53798513
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWwJmc2tsVk
>>
>>53798741
http://www.wikihow.com/Back-Up-Firefox-Extensions,-Bookmarks,-Themes,-and-Preferences
>>
>>53794313
>I can't believe you've done this
>>
How do you bypass an IP range block without using a proxy or VPN?
>>
>>53798304
windows multipoint server
>>
>>53798831
move to another country?
>>
So would 1080p content upscaled on a 4k tv look shit to the point where Im better off just sticking with 1080p TV?
>>53795106
IPS
>>
>>53798887
I don't get IP range blocks. Does an ISP assign every client in a certain area e.g. 64.62.x.x? So they ban 64.62.x.x thus you're totally banned? How do I get outside that range (without moving)?
>>
File: 20160331_213232.jpg (2 MB, 3984x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160331_213232.jpg
2 MB, 3984x2988
These black parts are wrecking my sleeper build. If a take a piece to the paint store, do you think they could give me a paint that matches that old off-white PC color.?

Running a i5-4690k + gtx 980 ti
>>
>>53798910
4k (3840x2160) is a multiple of 1080p. It will theoretically look exactly like a 1080p TV of the same size would.
>>
>>53798513
Aero is off. After installing a good GPU driver, reevaluate your Windows Experience Index in system properties, and switch to the Windows Aero theme.

>>53798935
Sure, and if they don't have the exact color they can mix it if you go to a vaguely competent place. However I suggest using a paint sprayer -- brushes leave brushstrokes even with thinner, and spraypaint just plains sucks.
>>
>>53798924
have you tried tor, ultrasurf?
those are proxies I think
just trying to help
>>
Are SSDs durable?
>>
>>53798970
yeah but shouldn't it be stretched. 4 pixels showing every one.
>>
Any way to tell for sure if I have a bad battery, or if my laptop's (Asus Zenbook UX31E) charging circuit is fucked?
Problem started a few weeks ago when it would reboot under stress, thought it was cooling, ruled that out.
The battery won't charge, I hear a slight hiss every second with the battery plugged in, and the OS charge indicator flickers from AC to battery.
With the battery unplugged (AC only), I can't fully boot Linux or Windows without losing power, Memtest86+ runs fine though.
Testing some of the battery's connectors with a DC multimeter doesn't give much info, it goes from 0.3-0.2-0.1 and back again, but I'm almost sure it's the battery. It's almost five years old, and wear level is near 20%.
Reason I ask is there's also a small, cracked {-shape capacitor on the board (system suffered a hard fall once). I don't think it's new, but I'm a little reluctant to get a new battery.
>>
>>53799016
yes, but exactly 4 pixels showing every 1. So basically the pixels will appear 4 times larger, which is like having a 1080p screen of the same size.

If you buy a 50-inch 1080p screen or a 50-inch 4k screen 1080p content will effectively look the same on both.
>>
>>53799008
Moreso than a hard disk. If you want a more specific answer then you need to share about the environment you had in mind (e.g. moving a tower in a truck).
>>
>>53798982
Thank you. UltraSurf isn't on Linux and Tor is blocked by a bunch of websites, I get Unknown error (reference code: 783911).
>>
>>53798935
out of curiosity what you rocking in there?
>>
>>53799164
I want to use a small SSD as my bootable drive and have a 3 or 4 games on it. I would use my current HDD for any other stuff.
>>
>>53799228
Its completely fine these days. Most SSDs can withstand pretty rigorous rewrites these days. A couple games and An OS written once will have 0 problems. Shit hasn't been a big deal since like 2011
>>
Help /g/

How come images and videos look like shit on webpages? No matter what browser I use they all look low quality and pixelated. It's not the case on my offline videos and images.

What settings could have possible been changed? I've already reinstalled my browsers not restoring any of the settings and the images all look like shit.
>>
>>53799220
>>53798935
side note.
Get one of these: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/bitfenix-optical-drive-bay-stealth-cover-black-ca-015-bx.html Much easier to pain then your DVD drive itself. Can just spray bomb it.
>>
Is A+ and/or Network+ something worth doing for someone who doesnt plan to make a career of IT? I've had a brief introduction via a night course and like it well enough to incorporate it as a skill, but I dunno if its something that would be considered valuable or marketable for an engineer or programmer.
>>
>>53799358
posted to early. Meant to add that its much easier to spray bomb that and leave your Drive alone then to actually paint your DVD drive.
>>
>>53799357
Reinstall flash. Actually, does it happen with chrome too? It's supposed to have its own separate version.
>>
Should I get:
Gigabyte AMD R9 390 Graphics Card
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZGF3UAQ/?tag=pcpapi-20

Or

Sapphire 11244-01-20G Radeon NITRO R9 390
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B015DXHEAW/ref=psdc_284822_t1_B0196LP8M8
>>
File: Untitled.png (18 KB, 459x299) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
18 KB, 459x299
Did I do ok?

Waiting for new nvidia line before upgrading graphics card(s).
>>
How much would you sell a used EVGA GTX 760 2GB for?
>>
>>53799380

I've already reinstalled flash. It's also the same case with chrome. I've tried watching youtube HD videos and the quality is bad. It's not the case when I watch my offline HD videos.

The image quality is the worst when I'm looking at thumbnails. I've looked this up and I'm looking at web or hardware accelerator or something as the reason. I see that option on mozilla and disabled it but the problem is still the same. It's also happening with other browsers so it might not be really the cause.

I've recently updated my drivers and was thinking it might be the reason but I've already rolled it back and the problem is still there.
>>
File: professional artist rendering.jpg (29 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
professional artist rendering.jpg
29 KB, 800x600
I can't figure out how to organize my living area. The noise from my case is only tolerable when my back is turned to it, and I can't think of any way where that would work, mostly because a lot of my cables aren't long enough otherwise I'd stuff the fucker in a closet. I don't actually have a closet though.

My television is also just behind me, still only about ten feet away from my case and it's annoying.

I don't understand how some people can have their case on their desk right next to their head. I would go insane.

What would you guys recommend? Besides headphones and autism therapy.
>>
>>53799548
Literally everyone has their case next to / under their desk. I would recommend the autism therapy.

That, or if your case is loud then buy a new one. I have one of these and it is basically silent http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-HAF-Computer-RC-942-KKN1/dp/B003S68Q0Y

Your computer shouldn't be loud unless you are running a fucking server build or something.
>>
>>53799548
>I don't understand how some people can have their case on their desk right next to their head. I would go insane.

watercooling via 8 noctuas on thick rads running from 600-1200 rpm?
The solution is not in arranging your desk its in getting quieter fans. Get noctuas and a fan controller.
>>
>>53799591
>watercooling
I thought people stopped falling for this meme already.
>>
>>53799440
Hell no
>>
File: vhs-42554_640.png (57 KB, 640x336) Image search: [Google]
vhs-42554_640.png
57 KB, 640x336
How can I request WEBM sources, if I can't upload videos to >>>/r/?
>>
>>53799602
>meme
Not a meme if you are willing to flash GPU bios and OC the fuck out of it. also been running pretty much all the same watercooling shit for 5 years. just buy new GPU blocks.
>>
>>53799609
Elaborate.

>>53799624
Air is still superior to liquid cooling, unless noise is an issue.
>>
>>53799619
webm is allowed on /r/

>>14343188
>>
>>53799695
testing
>>>14343188
>>
>>53799695
But I only receive errors...
>>
>>53799715
have you tried a different browser?
maybe the file is too large
>>
>>53799710
>>/r/14343188
>>
>>53799768
>>>/r/14343188
fuck
>>
>>53799753
Not every file is too large!
>>
>>53799660
talk to me when you can hit 1400mhz on a 780 via air.
Hell can you even hit 5ghz on any CPu on air? sandy bridge maybe.
its more cost efficient yes. Better value. More than necessary in most use cases. but it is not better.
>>
File: BjvA5C6CEAAK3Zc.jpg (25 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
BjvA5C6CEAAK3Zc.jpg
25 KB, 599x337
>>53794313
What is the /g/ recommended Torrent client for Windows and why?
I see lots of people saying Deluge, uTorrent, qBittorrent, but no-one ever says WHY
>>
Anyway to get a TP-Link Archer T2UH AC600 to work on Windows 10? I want to upgrade but there aren't any drivers for Win10.
>>
How can I compile a kernel in Crunchbang Unix so that it resembles Manjaro Ubuntu Linux more?
>>
>>53799901
There is not a single desktop build out there that NEEDS liquid cooling. Air is better in every situation. People who do water cooling just ran out of things to spend money on.
>>
>>53799911
Deluge is open source and has no ads.
>>
>>53799819
try finding a program like this that supports webm
http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/create-preview-thumbnails-from-any-video-file/

or
upload the webm to somewhere else and include the link in your post. careful with some links on /r/ that get you banned.

or
post a few screensots of the video 1 by 1
>>
>>53799911
qbittorrent good
deluge good
compare their speeds on your compute and choose which you prefer.
utorrent run by jews and installs malware on your computer
>>
>>53799182
Does anyone know what that error code means? Nothing I have found about it online.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.