[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok it's time. Tell us anon: -Which operating system do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 12
File: operating-system-icons-600x250.jpg (20 KB, 600x250) Image search: [Google]
operating-system-icons-600x250.jpg
20 KB, 600x250
Ok it's time. Tell us anon:

-Which operating system do you use?
-Why do you use it?
-What does it have that others don't based on your usage and personal experience?
>>
C'mon now, don't be shy, anything goes
>>
1. Arch Linux, planning to Install Gentoo though.
2. Nice customizability, little bloat, very simple.
3. What does it not have? Not sure.
>>
>>53748322
>Which operating system do you use?
OSX master race
>Why do you use it?
It was preinstalled on my Macbook and after years with Lolbuntu and Windows, I wanted to give it a try. It works fucking great, never distracts me with shit, has all the software I want and looks damn nice. Not having to worry about maintenance compared to Windows is a joy too.
>What does it have that others don't based on your usage and personal experience?
Trackpad gestures. Unified UI. It generally doesn't draw attention to itself and just works. Doesn't need tweaks or long winded customisation and messing with settings.
>>
-OSX El Capitan
-No nonsense, does what I need, fairly easy on the eyes and I happen to have proper hardware for hackintosh. Also pretty consistent I must say.
-A powerful desktop manager that doesn't look like shit or has choppy animations. I'm pretty weird myself so I like slightly blurrier fonts rather than the sharp ones from Windows, feels easier to read. I'm also weirder and I like smooth scrolling and I can use an application for that, globally. The best free player for it (Cog) is set up exactly the way I always wanted by default, it's like the nigga was reading my mind all along.
>>
1.Windows 10
2.Because it was already installed on my laptop when I bought it. And I don't know if installing another system will be irreversible or will take to much space ..
3. Compatibility I guess ?

Yes I'm a pleb
>>
Win8.1
Got tired of win7
It actually works
>>
OSX
Much more functionality out of the box, it just werks
Consistent design
>>
Debian.
Because it is the most minimal distro.
It has apt.
>>
>>53748322
Mint on my laptop and ubuntu on my desktop. Shit just works
>>
>>53748322
1. OS X and iOS, sometimes Xubuntu for work
2. Because Unix + Proprietary support mostly. I'm not sure whether I'd still buy an iPhone today, but I bought this one 3.5 years ago and it still works.
3. See (2).
>>
>>53748322
Desktop:
Windows, Arch
Games, Punish
Games, Punish

Laptop:
Ubuntu
I had too much trouble getting Visual Studio to recognise my OpenCV library so I just used the G++ compiler in command line with Geany
It works
>>
Arch on Laptop and Desktop.
Because arch is an awesome distro. Rolling release, systemd, aur.
my personal setup uses xen, which is possible on linux and bsd, so i guess it is useable virtualization compared to windows? Also it does not treat my freedom as shit like windows and OSX (although i'm using nonfree packages, but hey, it could be WAY worse)
>>
File: 1414997754887.jpg (147 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1414997754887.jpg
147 KB, 500x500
>>53748548
My thinkpad t420 running Ubuntu has gestures. Try again.
>>
>>53748322
iOS, because everything just werks even after many years.
>>
>>53748836
Really? What kind? Tell me more. Got a shitty HP with Ubuntu, wonder if I can make it work there.
>>
>>53748836
Here we go, it's like fucking clockwork.
>>
>>53748867
It took pretty long tbqh.
>>
Windows 7 and Windows 10 on portable devices.
>Why do you use it?
Started my computing experience using previus version of said OS. All application i currently use work on that platform.
>What does it have that others don't based on your usage and personal experience?
It is easy to use and due to it's popularity it dominates other platforms when it comes to application support.
>>
>>53748322
- Windows 7
- Adobe programs
- Games and Adobe programs
>>
File: 1458542902790.jpg (41 KB, 458x448) Image search: [Google]
1458542902790.jpg
41 KB, 458x448
Xubuntu.
I use it because I don't want to use Windows and OSX is Fisher-Price garbage.
Freedom.
>>
>>53748322
I am using win7
reasons why I can't use gnu/linux is because
>I am using a sound processing software (asussonicmaster) which doesnt work on gnu/linux
>Nvidia drivers for win7 are just better.
>Windows has system restore function, if gnu has it i dont care because I dont wanna waste time doing research about what application to use and how to configure it
>I just like win7 themes better.
>gnu-linux doesnt allow me to disable mouse acceleration using settings. I hate mouse acceleration. I play games and disabling it is necessary for gaming.
>I like prefetch and superfetch functions of windows.
>I like windows services and service manager.
>win7 works well with intel speedstep
>i like windows indexer. windows 7 start menu has great search functionality.
>mylaptop has switchable graphics. and I like the nvidia control panel in windows.
>I think windows explorer is the best file manager in the world.
>I like safe mode when things are going bad. if you ruin gnu linux it's very hard to fix.
>I dont' like any of the dektop environments of gnu linux. All they do is "not being windows" or not looking like linux without serving any productivity purpose.
>I have an priginal copy of win7 so I own the product that I like. I totally agree with the license agreement.
>Digital audio workstation software for windows are just better
> I like windows gadgets
>I like directx and so do all graphics card manufacturers and game developers.
>Win7 has good bluetooth support
>>
File: 1443145778504.jpg (387 KB, 1369x1086) Image search: [Google]
1443145778504.jpg
387 KB, 1369x1086
>>53749248
Nice bait. I almost fell for it.
>>
>>53748322
>-Which operating system do you use?
Arch
>-Why do you use it?
1) I love pacman and it's easy to customize.
2) It's easy to maintian multiple developmental distributions in example python3 and 2.7 which I do some dev work in.
3) I'm still in academia so I can shit on non-freetards and get away with it.
>-What does it have that others don't based on your usage and personal experience?
What's more important to me is what it doesn't have.
>>
>>53749248
Video games are for manchildren though.
>>
>7
>it's simple and I've used it for super fucking long
>nothing that would determine an OS switch
>>
>>53748322
win7
>Why do you use it?
games, adobe everything for work
games, adobe everything for work, some software that I'm used to already
>>
>>53748322
Debian. If you start with the mini ISO, if just gives you a working system + kernel modules. The rest is up to you.
>>
1. Windows 10
2. Because I'm a pleb and i mostly play games on my pc.
3. Compatibility with all the games i want to play.
>>
1. Slackware
2. Years ago, most of the Windows software I used was pirated. I hated that. Now everything is legit. Also, linux is fun.
3. I like having enough rope to hang myself at all times. Sys admin on Windows is a headache, partly because one has to download special tools to do things, and partly because I don't remember any of it. The macs that I've used feel like home, but I can't afford that mess. Besides /vgr/ emulation, I don't care about games, so I'm set.
>>
>>53748704
I recently upgraded to w10 on a backup computer by mistake. I wasn't one of these anti fags I just didn't see the need. Well let me tell you I understand now. It pretty much turns your pc into a tablet. Oh and it loves making decisions for you. Also it hid all my pirated software from me. That part is fixable but still aggravating. Oh and the upgrade can't be rolled back like most windows changes, if you want rid of it you are forced to start over from scratch. I don't need siri 2.0 because I'm perfectly capable of navigating a pc without having my hand held. I don't appreciate the whole strongarm approach.
>>
>>53748322
windows
>-Why do you use it?
compatibility with billion of softwares
>-What does it have that others don't based on your usage and personal experience?
i tried lincucks and mac. mac seems to be pretty built os but linux really a shitty os it seems to be a half assed built os by homeless drunk hobos and payed them $5 for their trouble. but its great for servers just leaving it alone in a dark basement, check if it already died and replace it. just like its daily users
>>
>>53748322
Debian
>-Why do you use it?
because it JUST WERKS^TM
no but really because I understand it the best, it's not a broken pile of shit like 99% of other distros (i.e. Arch)
compared to other distros or operating systems?
I'll assume the latter:
It's free software.
I know what I'm working with.
I actually own the copy and may do whatever I want with it, change it any way I see fit, and can even help improve it and become an author in the official release.
the best part? anybody can do the same, and most of the contributors aren't even programmers/hackers, they're ideaguys.
>>
File: ur life sucks.gif (337 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
ur life sucks.gif
337 KB, 500x322
win10
because i'm a simplefag
compatibility through widespread adoption

inb4 people list reasons why i should use any other OS
>gif related
>>
>>53749986
I don't understand how it's possible to actually break Arch.

You can break the shit you install on it easily enough, but how you break base Arch is beyond me. I don't see why you're blaming the OS.
>>
>>53750058
I broke nothing, it does all of that for you.
>>
>Debian
>Stability
>Eh
>>
Win10/Ubuntu 14.04 Dualboot
>Why do you use it?
Win10 simply because I'm used to it and it's the best OS for gaymen and Adobe programs are not available on GNU/Linux.

I use Ubuntu for everything else. I'm not interested in trying other distros because it werks and I would rather be more productive than use time to get my OS to work the way I want it to.
ubuntu? Ease of use and driver compatibility
>>
Win 10 and Linux Mint, because why not. Mint is the only version of Linux worth using. Win 10 does games.
>>
>Which
OSX
>Why
Work gave it to me for free
>What
A sleek Unix-like system
>>
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (Unity)
-Why do you use it?
Becasue i need a just works OS, i don't have the time to waste thinkering and fixing shit.
-What does it have that others don't based on your usage and personal experience?
Nothing on the market can really compete with it in terms of window managment, font rendering and the glorious HUD master race.
>>
>all of them.
Hackintosh, windos PC, linux thinkpad
>becuase they're all awsome.
There are things that only work well on OSX, things that only work well on Win10, and when all that breaks I still have my thinkpad....
>>
>>53748322
Windows 10
>Why do you use it?
Only OS that has all the Software I use for college.
Usable Software.
>>
1: Windows 10 all around
2: I use Windows 10 on my laptop because it compliments it nicely. I have ones of those laptops from HP that folds back and forms a psuedo-tablet. Windows 10 is much more touch friendly than any of the other OS's I've seen. Not that that's a selling point though. At this point I've got it set up to do what I want it to do and don't really want to start all over. Maybe at a later point.
3: Literally nothing except the touch-friendliness. And desu, even that is a moot point since I'll admit I didn't go looking around or try out anything. The only things I do are web browse, make android apps, and play team fortress 2. All 3 of which can be replicated on any OS.
>>
>>53748322
1. Slackware Linux
2. First Linux I tried, first Linux I learned, first Linux I loved
3. Compared to other Linuces, it doesn't force you into using systemd, LVM, GRUB, or other "newfangled" ways to do something that already works fine. Top-tier package management with some breddy gud third-party binary package repositories. Simple and comfy installer. Oh, and it has never broken from an update. Ever. In 15 years. Even when I accidentally the entire installed package "database".
>>
>>53748322
First let me say I particularly like these threads. Thank you anon.

>Which operating system do you use ?

Archlinux. It's not in the question, but I run KDE 5 on it.

>Why do you use it ?

I decided to install it because I was running Manjaro, it was full of bugs on an atrocious hp ultrabook (Pavillon dv6) whose screen was broken, some metallic parts had fallen, the battery was falling from the computer 4 times a day. I still need to export GnuPG keys from this shit to revoke them by the way.

I don't want to start a flame war on Manjaro, but to anyone who plan to buy an hp computer : don't do this. If you've already bought one, sell it as soon as you can before your life becomes hell.

So I installed Archlinux to see if it was better than Manjaro, and it is. I run KDE 5 in it on a Clevo computer claiming it has a good compatibility with Linux. I love it. Bad trackpad though.

>What does it have that others don't, based on your usage and personal experience ?

My usage and personal experience is restricted to Ubuntu, Manjaro and Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1.

About Ubuntu, it seems that configuration files (/etc/) are more clear with Archlinux than with Ubuntu. I also tried to install KDE on a Unity flavour, there were bugs that don't exist on Archlinux.

About Manjaro, it has less bugs.

About Windows, it has command-line, which is pretty neat to do stuff with my Mozilla Flame.

KDE is like 10 years ahead of Windows and still years ahead of Mac OS X.

Talking about KDE would be a bit out of scope of this thread, but it's only a component of the K project that includes software such as Kile, Skrooge, Spectacle, Amarok, and other really good stuff I haven't even tried yet.

It has a fucking package manager certified with GnuPG, partly self-compiled (AUR), when installing stuff on Windows is RUNNING UNKNOWN BINARIES AS ROOT HOLY SHIT, and I won't even argue on the quality of the packages.

Archlinux wiki and not a random 9toMac forum, lol.

And so on…
>>
>>53750216
This post is an opportunity, for those who don't know, to tell newcomers that 4chan X and Oneechan provide a really easy way to filter shitposters.

4chan X : https://github.com/ccd0/4chan-x
Oneechan : https://github.com/Nebukazar/OneeChan
>>
File: IMG_5884.jpg (1 MB, 2272x1704) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5884.jpg
1 MB, 2272x1704
>>53748777
>debian
>minimal
their "official repo" has every package known to man
it has 30+ dvds desu
or maybe i'm just remembering it wrong
for the record, obviously you don't have to install all of them, but Debian is the "Universal Operating System" because it wants to include everything under the sun, no?
>>
>>53748322
gentoo
portage
portage
>>
>>53748322
-Arch Linux for everything but games, wangblows 10 for muh gaymes

-Use arch for the AUR and pacman. muh simplicity and muh little bloat are just fucking memes.

-The AUR and Pacman.
>>
>>53750550
>KDE is like 10 years ahead of Windows and still years ahead of Mac OS X.

I am intrigued anon. How so? I have to turn off effects on KDE to have a non-laggy system, whereas OSX doesn't have this issue on the same system.
>>
>>53748322
Gentoo GNU/Linux
Portage
True® customizability
>>
>>53751318
>Be me
>Running Plasma 5.4 on a Thinkpad T520
>Has an i5 2430M and only the internal HD 3000 GPU
>Runs buttery smooth
I'm betting on PEBCAK in your case, anon.
>>
Windows 7 Enterprise
I'm used to Windows 7 and it does everything I need it to
It doesn't break down
>>
>>53751540
Ok, how so? Are defaults not good? My machine is an i5 4460 and a 280x, been lurking this place for an answer for days and somehow everyone but me has a nice experience with KDE or something. Sure it can be a problem with what I do, if using defaults on Manjaro KDE/Kubuntu is a bad idea right from the beginning. Just I don't know of any other fix than turning off composition altogether.
>>
>>53751663
>280x
My guess is your problem is right there.
>>
1. Windows on my laptop, Cyanogenmod on my phone

2. Windows: Drivers + Games
Cyanogenmod: Everything else sucks.

3. Windows: See above.
Cyanogenmod: Freedom.
>>
>>53751671
Yeah probably. Still what am I supposed to do, switch to that with unsupported hardware or just stay on something that works?
>>
>>53751706
Well you could start by using hardware with decent driver support.
It's not KDE's fault that AMD is a pile of trash when it comes to Linux drivers, is it ?
>>
GNU/Linux (arch right now, but sometimes debian, sometimes funtoo)

I use it because of my freedoms and customization and privacy.

It doesn't have the spying features that windows 10 and mac os x have, it's a perfect environment for programming and it has unmatched customization.
>>
>>53749660
This. And I even know a lot of Linux stuff but gaymen ruined my life
>>
Manjaro Linux
Lightness, simplicity of arch without having to spend hours in config
Use it for software dev, much better than developing on windows.
Less battery for similar tasks compared to windows, games

Windows10
Games and simple tasks (email, browsing and music)
Don't really know why, there is no better option
Does not have a good dev enviroment so I can't use it for work
>>
>>53748322

Desktop
-OSX
-reliability & stability, trackpad gestures, apple FCPX/compressor/motion, nice to look at
-All of the above
>>
>>53751716
You can blame whoever, the fact remains that AMD doesn't work well on KDE. If someone comes to me saying it's fine, I can point that aspect out and there you go, but some people insist that it still works fine despite the fact.

I can also not spend another 200 bucks on a GPU based on compatibility with a desktop environment, honestly.
>>
Windows 10
-Why do you use it?
I always used Windows and I know it inside and out. I use 10 because it's the newest version and I don't give a fuck about >muh tinfoil
OOTB software support for pretty much and hardware and software I can imagine running on it, while running great and stable on my hardware.
>>
Doing it twice because I dualboot:

>Main OS:

Win10

>-Why do you use it?
For my audio-related software (no equivalent in Linux exist, and I really don’t like OSX), development oriented toward Windows (mainly C#) and muh games

Widest variety of software available, with a good balance between Linux’s freedom and MacOSX’s restrictions so you are free to do lots of things, but if you fuck up it’s not like Windows didn’t warn you.

>Second OS:

Arch

>-Why do you use it?
Development (more general than with Windows), casual use, felt for /g/ meme

It offers a wide variety of tools for development, just as Windows, but in a different way that I can enjoy too. Also, when developing under Linux, I’m always pretty sure that what I’m developing will work on all three major OSes and not only one.
And also, Arch (and linux in general) IS FUN.
>>
1. Windows on desktop and Xubuntu on x120e
2.Windows-gaymin, easy to use, nice for desktop
Xubuntu- lightweight, fast, all around 10/10
3. I dunno :)
>>
>>53752239
quite the same as me
>>
Windows 7 as host, Debian Jessie as VM and Android as my Mobile OS
>>
>>53748475
same as this but ill add
3. no games adobe products or good DAWs. games dont really matter to me anymore because i havnt reeally played them in about a year and the main one i played was CSGO which if i really want to i can use wine and do a pci passthrough
>>
>>53748322
Desktop PC:
Windows 8.1 Pro
>-Why do you use it?
Muh compatibility, muh photoshops, muh gaymes
See above.

Laptop:
Ubuntu 15.10 with KDE
>-Why do you use it?
It's comfy and it just werks(TM)
Compared to Windows since the same goes for other Linux distros as well, hassle-free setup and a non-retarded Python install out of the box.

Server:
Debian 8.2 Jessie
>-Why do you use it?
Muh stability
An old ass kernel
>>
I use windows 10 because I'm a gaymen baby.

but i have a separate computer with debian.
>>
File: 1443451716816.png (22 KB, 534x180) Image search: [Google]
1443451716816.png
22 KB, 534x180
>>53751948
Hello, I'm the guy you seem to have primarly replied to (I wrote >>53750550).

I don't know for your AMD card, but I have integrated Intel graphics and I don't have problems (the system tray was blittering at a moment, but it seems to be a solved KDE bug).

>pic related
>>
-Windows 7

-Because Windows 8.1 is garbage and W10 is way too creepy for my tastes.

-Main thing is video games. To be honest, I have considered making a machine primarily just for gaming with W10 on it that I use just for gaming and nothing else, and using a separate machine with Linux for everything else and having a NAS storage setup. Almost everything I do on a regular basis would be fine on Linux, so it is something I am seriously considering when I have some decent cash saved up.
>>
Ubuntu. Linux Masterrace.
>>
Dual-booting Xubuntu and Win7, former is my main OS

Xubuntu
- I'm still largely new to Linux, and this distro keeps things just werking enough that I can steadily develop my grasp on the functionality and not be worried. That, and it's just damn nice to use.
- Considering my distro history before this is a derivative of Ubuntu (Mint) and a different flavor of it (Ubuntu MATE), the only thing unique to Xubuntu is probably the logo. I like it though. It's cute.

Win7
- Small installation on this hard drive. It started out mostly to have my gaming stuff out of the way, but it's proven very useful when shit has gone wrong on the Xubuntu side. I was worried I'd find myself wanting to go back to Win7 permanently but, after using Xubuntu for a while, I really do prefer it over Windows.
- Iunno, the lack of needing to take a couple extra steps to get Steam games and foobar working?
>>
Arch

Using it feels so perfect, like I'm one with the machine, or some gay shiy like that.

pacman is the ultimate package manager. AUR is great.
>>
File: manjaro.png (91 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
manjaro.png
91 KB, 460x460
Manjaro Xfce.

>Why do you use it?
Because I'm too lazy to use Arch.

Everything that Arch has: pacman, expansive repositories, simplicity.
>>
> Windows 7 Professional
> It has everything I need.
> Nothing
>>
File: INSTALL_IT.png (34 KB, 609x269) Image search: [Google]
INSTALL_IT.png
34 KB, 609x269
>>53748322
INSTALL
>-Why do you use it?
GENTOO
MEMES

But for serious. Gentoo is amazing. I can have multiple conflicting versions of packages, or 64 and 32 bit libraries at once. And it's all fine because the programs that depend on specific architectures or specific versions of programs are compiled from source, so portage just links them with the version it knows it depends on.

See https://devmanual.gentoo.org/general-concepts/slotting/ and https://www.gentoo.org/support/news-items/2015-03-28-true-multilib.html

If you've ever had to deal with dependency issues with packages you'll know why this is awesome.

Also being able to manually include (or exclude) certain features from any package or your kernel is extremely useful. For example, I was able to simply remove the SSL heartbeat extension and recompile my packages when the heartbleed vuln came out.

Did I even mention Portage?
>Portage works without any external repo.
>Portage supports using llvm icc etc to build with.
>Portage supports distcc.
>Portage supports slotting of dependencies.(multiple versions of python ruby gtk etc)
>Portage supports multiple kernels BSD Fedora debian etc.
>Portage can thread package installs and downloads.
>>
>>53752464
Or you could just run the Linux version of CS:GO.
>>
>>53754150
basically this. But I use KDE.
>>
- Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB.
- Developing and memeing.
- Visual Studio. What an amazing piece of software.
>>
>>53748704
Install a virtual machine and give a distro a whirl. You may not like it in which case you can continue using win 10 but if you do like it then it makes the entire thing worth while.
>>
>>53748322
Windows 7
pretty much everything in small doses.
it has a nice UI and it's user friendly. and i don't have to learn i don't know what to make it run great, it's just plug and play.
>>
>>53749248
Duel boot?
>>
OS X
>Why do you use it?
Stable, pretty, nice window management features, good software selection
I've never used a touchpad with such excellent integration into the software. Just werks
>>
>>53754800
Would you say it's better to use that touchpad than a mouse?

I'm trying to justify in my mind paying more than 60 bucks on that little thing. I use hackintosh and I heard it works fine.
>>
1. W7 on my main laptop, WXP on my school typing machine, W10 on my phone
2. It just werks desu
3. W10 on the phone is like a balsam for my nerves after using lagdroid, on laptops I have absolutely no reason to change, it does what I need it to do
>>
Windows 8.1
Gayming and because W10+AMD fucks up SFM renders
I'd be using Loonix if it wasn't for gayming
>>
>>53750715
If Debian had everything under the sun then it would have Firefox and ffmpeg.
>>
>>53750715
But it doesn't come with all that pre-installed you mongoloid.
>>
>>53754836
I find myself switching between the touchpad and mouse which seems to stave off RSI, especially because the touchpad is ambidextrous by design. I'd say go for it
>>
>>53748322
Xubuntu, CentOS, Windows 7, Android, and iOS
Xubuntu 'cause comfy, CentOS because muh enterprise, Win 7 because games are fun, Android because muh Tasker and customization, and iOS as required by my iPod.
Xubuntu is comfy, fast, and flexible, CentOS for muh enterprise wares on my PowerEdgey, Windows 7 because 8+ is dicks (although I may get the free upgrade before too long), Android because of how customizable it is, and iOS as required by my iPod.
>>
>Windows
>Work, occasional games, casual stuff
>Because it works

It's that simple, freetards.
>>
>>53748322
> Windows
> Powershell / Hyper-V / Exchange / Active Directory
> See above

Everything else that I do can be done on OSX or Linux. Actually, OSX doesn't support some of the EMC tools, so I guess everything I do that's not work related can be done in OSX or Linux...
>>
>>53754914
>>53754914
>>53754914
>>
>>53749248
>I have an priginal copy of win7 so I own the product that I like.
No you don't "own it", go read the license.
>>
>>53749983
shitty b8
>>
>>53751318
Using a core2duo and slow 2gb RAM, and KDE hangs on startup but nowhere else
>>
Laptop - Ubuntu on my Thinkpad T460
Phone - Android Lolipop on my Nexus 5
Desktop - Windows 10 for gaming
>>
OpenSUSE/steamOS on PC, xubuntu on laptop
-Why do you use it?
I really like free as in freedom
-What does it have that others don't based on your usage and personal experience
SUSE have real nice KDE, zypper and YAST
>>
File: TzVjIXv2.jpg (106 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
TzVjIXv2.jpg
106 KB, 1252x1252
>>53748322
-Which operating system do you use? manjaro
-Why do you use it? for the lulz
-What does it have that others don't meme magic
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.