[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daw General: FOOD edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: DAW GENERAL_4.png (152 KB, 885x709) Image search: [Google]
DAW GENERAL_4.png
152 KB, 885x709
What is a DAW?
Digital
Audio
Workstation

>What DAW is yours?

>How long you been on it?

>How long have you been into music?

>What genre do you play with the most?

>What Genre do you think you are best at?

>Have you thought about changing up to something else?

>What's your favorite synth, no matter how dumb it is?

>Do you see yourself doing this way later on even if you get no where?

Bonus points:

>Best food is?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>this is /g/ not /mu/ gtfo

We do not talk about the music as it is but how it's created and what we use and how to help
others get better

1 simple rule I hope you can guys do, please don't be assholes to those who
have a different perspective on another DAW, no matter what it is or how shitty
it is. I know there are some very laughable ones out there but ya know...
So please just be as helpful as you can.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Links and info:
For the sake of work, you are allowed to use a name. Just don't
make yourself look like a dumb ass and make me regret saying
that.

If you need help, you can use Clyp.it if you wish to stay anon.

If this thread is ded you are welcomed to Nexus, A discord
server specifically made around 4chan. If link is bork,
please message the thread. There is a DAW General chat here:

https://discord.gg/0lS3CoGz1pJKA01O

[NOTE: THIS LINK SHOULD REMAIN VALID THROUGHOUT THE ARCHIVES.]

If you have a good tutorial from youtube, post it, next Gen,
I'l begin a list and make a playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of7LXoom3dk&list=PLGYoE903Nir5I5A8IBNVV0euTUuKcpq7Y
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCchjpg1aaY91WubqAYRcNsg
>>>/mu/prod if you're interested more of the production.
>>
1 selfish bump
>>
>>53355648
bump
>>
>>What DAW is yours
Ableton 9 intro
>>How long you been on it?
Like 2 weeks, switched from lmms (I only fucked around previously but learning in case I want to get gud)
>>How long have you been into music?
~12 yrs but not skilled that whole time
>>What genre do you play with the most?
In a daw, electronic, but I play a lot of funk/rock/fusion on guitar
>>What Genre do you think you are best at?
Funk
>>Have you thought about changing up to something else?
Yeah I want to write more intricate shit but I got few ideas
>>Do you see yourself doing this way later on even if you get no where?
Yep
>Bonus points:
>>autism removed
>>
>>53356227
>autism removed
WHAT?
>>
>>53355812
>>53355648
Fuck off >>>/mu/
>>
hi, /newfag/ here

why can't you just keep recording instruments over a single spool of open-reel tape?
>>
>>53358125
K then leave faggot. You aint gotta be here.

>>53358149
Have you literally been going between here and /mu/ asking this?
>>
lmms nigga. that shit sucks but i make it work
>>
>>53358427
its like telling an autistic child santa is coming lol
>>
yo
>>
>>53355164
>>What DAW is yours?
reaper
2 years on and off
been playing music for around 8 years
band plays rock, when I'm on my own post rock and metal
metal, for sure
I've used pro-tools before, my friend uses it instead so whenever I record there that's what I use
>>What's your favorite synth, no matter how dumb it is?
what
yep

Not sure what the point is here, questions seem a bit misguided, don't think this should be a general either

on that note I just got a new mixer the other day, now I can record drums and guitar at the same time which is pretty cool. I have to mix everything on the mixer though, then send through my m-box to reaper, so I cant control everything independently in reaper like I would like, but its better than what I had before!
>>
>>53358994
>Not sure what the point is here, questions seem a bit misguided, don't think this should be a general either
Always looking to improve it and it started getting noticed sometime ago and people asked me to keep making them cause they are always looking for real time answers. I said sure and here we are. But if you have any ideas of what to fix for the general, I can look into it.
>>
>>53359025
I like the idea of a general the problem is I dont know if there is enough of a community on /g/ to have a proper general. Not to mention there is an issue on /g/ right now with people freaking out saying we have too many generals.
And my beef with the questions is that it seems a bit too broad, I'd like to see something like
>daw
>why that daw
>things you like
>things you dont
>what you're working on
something more like that. that's more related to the actual program and by pointing out things you like or are having issues with it would help to develop more discussion, I think.
also, we should try to put together a strawpoll to see what most guys are using, and then maybe look at getting some kind of guide together on what daws are good for what, prices, etc. and go from there. Maybe include some short get off the ground guides. There's a lot ther and we would need a pastebin but if you want to do a general you should do it right, and like I said I'm all for it. I'd be happy to help
on that note I'm getting tired of my sound quality being shit in my recordings, pretty sure its my cable going bad though
>>
>>53359102

>broad
cause if I make it any more complicated than that people aren't going to want to answer them and make it even more difficult.

>too many generals
It's a good board to post. Maybe we need more pages for /g/ to work with

thats why I'm using here, /mu/ and my discord to talk as much as we can on the subjects at hand. We are trying to build a good community up of the type of people who are laid back, understand it and don't take this overly serious. Magic TCG table flipping serious
>>
>>53359131
>cause if I make it any more complicated than that people aren't going to want to answer them and make it even more difficult.
this is a more technical board. people want to talk about their equipment and technology involved in recording.
If you'r eusing a daw and cant answer basic questions about your equipment or setup, as well as simple questions like why you're using the software you are and beyond that things you like and dislike then you really dont have business recording
I'm not saying add more, I'm saying focus the questions on daw, porjects, and equipment. the type of music and all that will be talked about just naturally after that
>>
>>53359161
I'll think about it and see what I come up with as a 2.0 version
>>
>>53358149
Because on tape machines there's an erase head that clears the tape before it is written on. You need to find a multitrack machine that has a triple head (read, erase, record), and those tend to cost a bit more than your standard 2 tracks.
>>
what's a good book for music theory once you're pass the stage of knowing what are those musical symbols, scales and shit.

I can't find a book that isn't between you don't know what is a scale and full blown college level beethoven studies.
>>
>>53361054
Not sure if this is what you are looking for:

http://www.musictheory.net/lessons
>>
>>53361314
yeah, that's my problem.

Everytime I ask, how do I write a novel, I already know the fucking letters.

And everytime someone send me that shitty link where they only explain the alphabet.
>>
>>53355164
>>What DAW is yours?
Logic Pro X, AudioMulch, Maschine 2 (if that can be classed as a Daw)

Nearly 20 years on and off
for as long as I can remember

Dub influenced stuff mostly

Sound design and Dub

Not really, recently got Maschine and I'm really liking the simplicity of it, its pretty much all I use now

>>What's your favorite synth, no matter how dumb it is?
Quite keen on Monark right now

Indeed
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.