[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much have you donated to open source projects so far this year?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: ublock developer.png (83 KB, 748x258) Image search: [Google]
ublock developer.png
83 KB, 748x258
How much have you donated to open source projects so far this year?
>>
>>55640273
I donate in bug reports.
>>
Nothing. I don't work for free.
>>
>>55640273
I mostly submitted issues to various Vim plugins and Emacs packages. I also helped RMS fix a typo on one of his books.

That's about it.
>>
>>55640434
Why?
>>
>>55640273
I've submitted a patch to the Linux kernel and I've donated my monthly $5 to the FSF every month.
>>
$140, $20/mo to OpenBSD
>>
>>55640273
Didn't that guy sell out to the botnet?
>>
lmao why would you spend money on free software you idiot
>>
>>55640273
Maintain a couple shitty repos that no one cares about and contribute occasionally to a dope AF phishing/training project.
>>
>>55641766
>not contributing to making things you use daily even better
>>
I will never donate to FOSS purely on principle, even though I use it constantly.
>>
>>55640273
nothing as they dont give a shit about user input.
>>
>>55640273
>Chris

I hope you don't seriously do this.
>>
>>55642927
This. Why do you think forking is so common? It is basically the only way to fix certain problems for a lot of programs.
>>
>>55641809
wut
>>
$16 to Software in the Public Interest
>>
>>55640273
$250 in total
mainly to The Document Foundation and Debian for Libreoffice and more development, I donated to Trisquel once, I also donated to KDE for Kdenlive
>>
>open source
lmao just install windows 10 it's free and doesn't require donations
>>
20€ this year (debian project) and bug-reports.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.