[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a good purchase? It costs £1,700~ If you have any alternatives
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: 61CWA6UktpL._SL1020_.jpg (73 KB, 1020x707) Image search: [Google]
61CWA6UktpL._SL1020_.jpg
73 KB, 1020x707
Is this a good purchase? It costs £1,700~

If you have any alternatives on drawing tablets, make sure the one you're suggesting has a screen on it. I can go smaller on screen size.
>>
These are pretty much the gold-standard in any size. Don't skimp on a drawing tablet if you do it professionally/if it's your primary hobby. You'll really regret it.

If you're just sketching, something like a surface pro 4 can suffice, but it's markedly worse than a wacom
>>
>>55633332

It's not really a primary hobby, but it's something I want to get into but if it comes to it, I might buy such a wonderful drawing tablet in the future.

Is the surface pro 4 any good though? Would it be accurate enough to make good drawings with the proper software that supports drawing tablets?
>>
You could get a $400 monoprice.
Everyone says to get Wacom and ignore everyone else, but in reality why would you? That would make Wacom a effective monopoly, even as a high-end industry standard there's not much to back that up either. There are too few cases where the tool is determinant for the quality of the work, and that's usually when there's fault within the product, which happens a lot with Wacom anyway. Because they are electronics. That's how it works, things might break or not work as expected, in which case you should just RMA.
>>
>>55633386
if you can afford to invest the money, invest it in something more worth paying for.
like >>55633332
said, don't skimp on it, especially considering this is something you want to get into
>>
Bought my brother an ugee tablet for 400E. Pen is slightly flimsier and viewing angles aren't great.
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 990x557) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 990x557
>>55633301
Dang, that looked like an alternative.

I myself plan on getting a Cintiq 13 HD, but want to know if you heard of Yiynova displays. I been eyeballing the 22U V3 for a while.
>>
That's literally the most high end model you can get. If you're just starting out you should get a cheap tablet with no screen, like a bamboo or a huion.

If you already know how to draw the disconnect between tablet and surface won't bother you after a few hours. Then you just have to learn the software.

If you don't know how to draw then you definitely shouldn't get this, as the frustration you will experience will cause you to lose interest in your new toy immediately, and then youve blown £1700.

Basically, if you're starting out you have no reason to get this unless that suits chump change to you, in which case you should give it to me.
>>
>>55633332
The Asus transformer 3 is coming out soon. What are your thoughts on it compared to A Surface pro?
>>
>>55635154

Looks good, but I need to see a price tag in front of me first before I get anything.

>>55635126

I'm literally just starting out, I've had frustation drawing on paper because if a mistake happens, erasing a mistake becomes messy, the pencil granite just smudges all over the paper, I'd very much like to avoid this which is why I'd rather have a drawing tablet to do my artwork on.
>>
>>55635240
Just stop erasing.

And check out /ic/ If you can wade through their bullshit there's some really great info, including excellent advice on which tablet to get.
>>
>>55633386
>but it's something I want to get into
You know you should already know how to draw before buying such expensive tablet, right?

Don't buy it if you think it will force you to learn how to draw. That will not happen.
>>
Everything but wacom feels wrong once you had obe
>>
>>55633301
Yes its great, I bought one, used it once, now it just colects dust on my desk... that was 5 months ago, best purchase i ever made.
>>
>>55635240
>I've had frustation drawing on paper because if a mistake happens
Mate just throw it away. Paper is cheap, and you if you will erasing all your mistakes from start you will spend more time with gum than with pen. Trust me, I'm too learning how to draw.
>>
>>55635912
was ment for >>55635087
>>
File: i7writeen_01[1].png (614 KB, 880x810) Image search: [Google]
i7writeen_01[1].png
614 KB, 880x810
Bravod's new models use battery free pens
http://www.bravod.com/product/agt208a_en.html#

Cube i7 book uses Wacom digitalizer
Skylake Core M cpu
>>
Yiynova MSP19U+ is ok. Good value for 400~ burgerbucks.
>>
>>55635946
Wut>>55635912

>>55638310
How is the colors on that thing?
>>
>>55638351
Colours are decent after tweaking settings.
>>
>>55633653
FOV and latency on $400 "Monoprice" Huion rebrands are shit.
Look at a Yiynova if you're cheaping out (mine's great) but you can't go wrong with a Wacom.
>>
>>55638310
>>55640761
If you go under a grand, prepare for 900p monitors.
>>
>>55640779
The Yiynova 22u v3 RH is 1080p, it ain't great either but for the same price point I rather get the Cintiq 13HD.
>>
Get a Huion nigga
>>
http://www.huiontablet.com/all-products/pen-tablet-monitor/huion-gt-190.html/
http://www.huiontablet.com/huion-gt-220.html
>>
>>55643358
Shh- I really want a momo.
>>
>>55633653

>People unironically shilling chinkshit
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.