[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Refurbished items
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 151x151) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4 KB, 151x151
Does anyone have any experience buying refurbished items from newegg? I'm considering picking up a new monitor and there's a refurbished version available for a pretty steep discount. Any good or bad tales to tell about refurbished items?
>>
>>55632802
Specifically, I'm looking at the Asus PG278Q. The listing for the new item is 669$ and the listing for the refurbished is 479$. It seems a little too-good-to-be-true that I can pick up a refurbished one for nearly a third of the price off.
>>
Refurbished items can be hit or miss, depending on the seller. I personally recommend not getting anything refurbished from newegg, based on the fact that their quality control is absolutely horrendous. Especially with that Asus monitor, you're taking a huge risk with dead pixels, backlight bleed, etc...

Of course the product might be just fine and dandy when you get it, unless you're prepared to send it back in case of defects and lose $40 on shipping, I wouldn't do it.
>>
Only ever get manufacurer refurbished
>>
I got a refurbished motherboard a couple years ago (it was a cheap board) and it broke like 2 weeks in. The manufacturer gave me a new one after tho so I regret nothing
>>
File: 1460731446403.png (2 MB, 1141x1277) Image search: [Google]
1460731446403.png
2 MB, 1141x1277
>motherboards
they don't test them. they just look at them. if it looks pretty they slap it back up on the site. if it looks like there is physical damage they won't accept it
>graphic cards
same as motherboards
>monitors
same as motherboards
>most of everything else
same as motherboards

>tldr
they only do visual inspection so its a hit and miss
>>
>>55632802
Refurbished items are the bestest. You should really buy refurbished items. It's cheaper. The only downside is that they are not delivered packed with a couple bottles of bleach so you can drown your sorrow when the POS will blow in your face.
>>
>>55634931
WTF, please tell me it's not what I think it is
>>
>>55635137
You know you want it anon. Don't fight it.
>>
Only buy refurbished if you meet these three criteria

1. It's a fairly big company, they offer 30 day no quibble refunds and 6-12+ month warranty

2. You're prepared to send things back, don't have to worry about not having something for a few weeks, and can spare the money

3. You're not autistic about something being 100000% perfect like new
>>
File: rage.png (139 KB, 424x470) Image search: [Google]
rage.png
139 KB, 424x470
>>55635150
I think I just died inside a little.
>>
>>55632802
Not quite the same, but I bought a 290X Vapor-X from Amazon Warehouse Deals, which arrived today. Whatever fucker had it before had taken the backplate off the 290X that was originally in there, screwed it onto a 290 Vapor-X and returned it. Noticed straight away, because the back of the 290X Vapor-X has a lot of extra components on the back and extra cutouts on the backplate for them, yet there was just bare PCB. A bunch of the screws were crooked and loose too.
>>
Riddle me this guys:
How the fuck do you refurbish a processor, HDD, or memory?

Repairing that shit is nearly impossible. Am I misunderstanding something?
>>
>>55632802
I bought a 1440p monitor from Acer on Newegg. 200$ and it is amazing. IPS, 25", and just amazing in general.
>>
>>55635318
Why anon? You want to tell that you don't like him? Are you implying you would not suck his feminine dick?
>>
File: 1468543982546.png (102 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1468543982546.png
102 KB, 250x250
>>55638005
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.