[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GPS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: GPS-tracking-Android-App.png (70 KB, 600x487) Image search: [Google]
GPS-tracking-Android-App.png
70 KB, 600x487
so i'd like to be able to track my hikes and bike tours. sometimes i can go for a few weeks on a tour and i'd like to have a sub-website that i can share privately to friends and families so they can see where i am and track my progress. for the software and web, this is no problem.. but i'm stuck on the hardware.

i have an old android phone that i can use as a gps receiver. and i have an arduino. i'm also okay to buy different hardware to accomplish this.. i just don't know where to start. how can will i broadcast my gps signal, or upload my gps data to a server? will i have to buy a 4g/3g data plan or something similar? this is the hardware kind of information i am looking at, and i'd love any recommendations

thanks
>>
>>55631880
Just use Strava. You can change the privacy settings to your liking. You didn't have to ask if you were capable of taking on such a project. And your plan sounds ridiculous desu.
>>
File: _20160209_111439.jpg (585 KB, 2448x2084) Image search: [Google]
_20160209_111439.jpg
585 KB, 2448x2084
>>55631880
You don't even need anything, Google is passively tracking all your phone location for their business, they're kind enough to let you have a look at their botnet with Location History
>>
>>55632137
Would just like to add that your battery will probably on work for a few hours if you're using the GPS constantly.
So you might want to bring a lightweight laptop to set to hibernation mode and charge your phone with.
And you need a phone that supports GLONASS which is far superior to just using GPS.
GPS and other data can be saved and uploaded at a later moment so you don't need mobile data per se.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.