[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need a laptop. No idea where to start.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 083p.jpg (104 KB, 422x422) Image search: [Google]
083p.jpg
104 KB, 422x422
I need a new laptop. I have no idea what the market looks like.

I'm a real estate agent and therefore do a lot graphic design (Photoediting, designing Layouts for Online an Printing etc.)

Can you guys give some tips? I'll mainly use an extra Display so the Screensize doesn't matter, but the sharpness, contrast and colours are very important. Thanks a lot.
>>
Budget?
>>
>>55630431
around 700-800ish
>>
My main tool is Adobe Photoshop
>>
Lenovo thinkpads.

Fucking reliable and powerful.
>>
Buy a memepad t420 and instal your own SSD and ram
>>
http://shop.lenovo.com/gb/en/laptops/thinkpad/yoga-series/yoga-460/
>>
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I'm also considering buying a laptop that is capable of running GTAV. What can I buy in a budget that will work?
>>
>>55630412
Lenovo's Y700 is dual GPU( as a hardware MUX and not optimus) and is around 1k $.
Alternatively you have the P50 & P70 Thinkpads that also come with dual GPU's with a hardware MUX they are around the same price the i5 and i7 models and come with a professional grade GPU which might even be more attractive to you also come in 4k version and the screens are cash.
>>
>>55634048
>GTA V
>>
>>55634430
I'm 36, am I not allowed to like GTA?
>>
>>55634464
video games are for childrens
tech is only for serious work if you to something than serious work with tech you deserve to go to jail.
>>
>>55633190
I would be hesitant to go with Lenovo after all the shit they pulled. OP should consider buying a Dell Latitude laptop.
>>
>>55634890
What if you have fun building amazing video games, but never really play them because you know too much about it to really play as a game.

I mean coding your own 3d graphic engine, scripting enemy A.I., writing out story dialog for a complex and completing dynamic story with 68 alternate endings, editing cut scenes, etc...

I mean I need a good computer to handle the compiling and testing, but I don't really play them.
I play the game of building games, it is way more fun.
>>
>>55630412
>>>/wsr/
>>>/wsr/
>>>/wsr/
>>>/wsr/

please go
>>
>>55633885
>adware
>>
>>55634048
>>>/v/
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.