[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Student looking for a part time job in the IT industry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3
File: 1438753523434.png (537 KB, 692x577) Image search: [Google]
1438753523434.png
537 KB, 692x577
I'm basically a 18 years old student that is currently looking for a part time job in the IT industry. I recently got fired from the part-time job that I was working at for 3 years straight and which basically funded my server bills for that long. [spoiler] I was basically pulling 2 part time jobs [/spoiler]

Right now I'm working as an L3 sysadmin at an ISP company that provides internet, server housing, IPTV, VoIP and such, but I will have to end that when school starts. I also manage the whole IT infrastructure at an art school for a year and at the end of August I will host a few courses about Linux.

Basically I have 2 years worth of system and hardware management in the enterprise sector with such tools as HighOrbit, Nangu IPTV, Zabbix, FreeIPA, ESXi hypervisors and others BUT nobody is actually going to hire a person that still did not finish high school and has zero certifications for a part time job in IT

I've already looked at ESET, Lenovo and HP job offers in my area. Where else I should look?

I'm also from Slovakia, Bratislava btw
>>
File: face uuu.jpg (54 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
face uuu.jpg
54 KB, 1024x576
>>55628037
How did you not finish highschool?
>>
>>55628052
Right, uh, I think it's middle school instead? Dunno.
I'm in last year though, if I pass more committee exams this summer.

Different school systems in US and EU and such so there.
>>
>>55628037
You sound like you have drive and experience. Finish you school, and you will have a loaded resume.
>>
File: 1439687526714.jpg (99 KB, 699x396) Image search: [Google]
1439687526714.jpg
99 KB, 699x396
>>55628076
There might be problems with that seeing as the environment in my school is extremely toxic and these last 2 years I spent on individual study plan, which they refused for the 3rd time and I managed to fail every single year and I suffer from short term memory loss.

But I did apply for Linux Foundation Scholarship and I pay for a basic Lynda.com sub, even when I'm tits up in debt. I could throw some shit from that onto a LinkedIn account when I make one
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.