[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Computer Build Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: CoreX9_1208_5.jpg (34 KB, 300x264) Image search: [Google]
CoreX9_1208_5.jpg
34 KB, 300x264
OK /g/ I'm trying to start building my own gaming computer. But everything us getting confusing. I understand GPUs and power units,etc but the problem is that I can't decide which MOBO I need to buy. I know I want an E-ATX Mobo with an LGA 1151 but I want to make the right choice.
My future setup is
1xi7-6700k
1xGTX 1080 or 980 ti
1x Thermaltake Core X9 E-ATX chassis
Water cooling system
1000 watt power supply

But all that's left is the mobo. Recommendations?
I'd rather have advice from someone experienced then to fuck up as I try and build it.
>>
>>55626444

>>>/v/
>>
>>55626444
Hey, you're that guy from /diy/. There is something called google ya know.

Also:

>watercooling system

Why.
>>
>>55626892
>google thing related to tech
>get a barrage of adware/malware/bullshit when looking for software
>advice is a 10 minute long video for 3 minutes of actual advice "Hey guys remember to like the button now here we are and this is the sponsor and check these angles now you will want to know this unrelated shit you don't want to hear about for this tutorial"
>>
>>55626444
You're a fucking dumb piece of shit if you think you need all that.
>>
I'm gonna hijack this thread a little because I don't really want to make my own.

Over the past couple months, I've gathered various computer parts from garage sales and thrift stores. So far, I have a shitty old case, a TopPower 500w PSU, and an ASUS 3gb 192bit GTX 760.

What mobo/processor should I get that'll be a good fit for this shit? I just want to run rocket league at medium settings while getting 60fps.
>>
>>55626892
He may want to overclock or he wants a low-noise system
>>
>>55627208
core 2 quad, i7 920, i5 2500, and phenoms are decent yet cheap parts on the used market
>>
Also hijacking.

I'm going to be doing a lot of compiling, including Haskell, Scala, and Idris. Does this build look sensible for that? http://pcpartpicker.com/list/GKfBbj
>>
>>55627208
How much do you want to spend?
imo, if you go budget, you go AMD unless you're trying to create an upgrade path to a better processor.

The FX-8300 is on Newegg for $105 now, and that can be overclocked to the default turbo 4.2ghz without increasing wattage (which is just 95w).

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/m2psZ8
>>
>>55627511
Ideally I'd create an upgrade path. If I could avoid AMD, what's the cheapest path I can take?
>>
>>55629042
A Core 2 Quad Q6600 is a great choice. Tapemod the fucker.
>>
>>55626444
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130890

There you go, there's a motherboard for you.
>>
File: 1287509260397.jpg (3 KB, 126x126) Image search: [Google]
1287509260397.jpg
3 KB, 126x126
>>55626444
>doesn´t say for what purposes he build it just that he builds it. kek you have no idea about tech dont you OP?
>No Ram in the list
lel
>>
>>55626444
>i7 for GAYMEN
Step it down to an i5. It's not worth the extra money for gaming.

>980ti
1070 outperforms or has very similar performance to the 980ti in practically every title, and can be found cheaper or similarly priced.

>1000w PSU
There is no reason to have a 1000w psu with modern GPU's. Even if you put 3 1080's in your build you would be able to run without problems, and support for 3 way sli for 1080 doesn't officially exist anymore.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.