[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
samsung s7 edge
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 770x433) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 770x433
I'm thinking of getting an s7 edge guys, everything about the edge peeks my interest. The design especially and the functionality. I'm thinking of selling my iphone 6s and buy the s7 for a decent price. Any thoughts. If you guys have the phone tell me about your expirience with it etc.
>>
>>55618188
the edge is a gimmick and makes interacting with the phone shit. typing sucks and accidental input is registered all the time since there's no way to hold its tiny bezels without touching the screen. Battery life is alright though. overall I'd rate it meme/10.
>>
If you get one, don't believe it's waterproof for a fucking second or else you'll have a useless phone and have to wait three weeks for some chinks to fix it. Seriously, all I did was dunk the bottom of it in half in inch of water in a cup in a Chinese restaurant to prove it was water proof to my friends, and the thing wouldn't fucking charge for a week afterwards so I had to send it in to Samshit
>>
>>55618217
I really like the edge, but havent really had my hands on it, my friend has it and I thought it looked nice and felt nice. Thanks for the input
>>
I have one and would rate it 9/10

1 point off because I personally prefer holding my old compact z1
>>
>>55618188
I have had experience with both the s6, s6 edge, s6 edge plus, s7, and s7 edge.
I currently own the s6
I would say the key points would be:
Aesthetics
Hardware/build quality
Specifications
And just an overall nice phone

The downsides:
Shitty software
Knox
Can't unlock bootloader on newer models
I just can stress how shitty the software is.

I suggest you do some in depth usage with stock Android and then make your final decision whether or not it's worth it.

And the edge feature is a worthless gimmick, trust me. and it feels a bit weird to hold in your hand but you get used to it.
>>
I fell for the meme
> The screen has uneven fucking whites, tilting it even 2 degrees the it becomes a pinkish piece of shit
> The screen got scratched in the second week, my old HTC One M8 never got a scratch
So OP keep in mind that there is a display lottery when buying a Samshit
>>
I'm in the same boat as you OP. Currently using the Nexus 5 which served me almost 3 good years now but I think it's finally time for an upgrade. The other option would be waiting for the next Nexus but this phone is already checking so many points on my list. I think I'll just go for the edge this time.
>>
>>55618239
it looks beautiful and feels nice until you actually try to use it. then you realize its complete shit and 100% meme.
>>
Op here; but that 4k res though, i knkw that the software is shit like the keyboard is a bit slow from what I've heard
>>
>>55618188
piques, not peeks your interest.
>>
>touchwizz
>>
Can you get glass screen protectors for these? I really hope the note 6 doesn't come with a meme screen.
>>
Wait for the next Nexus
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.