[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do I go to learn Python with no skillset In programming?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: pf9Yt.jpg (38 KB, 396x500) Image search: [Google]
pf9Yt.jpg
38 KB, 396x500
Where do I go to learn Python with no skillset In programming? Codecademy Is bland and not very informative. And youtube videos generally suck with so much lack of information given. Can /g/ help a negro out?
>>
Bump for interest
>>
JUST
werk(s) it out yourself
memetastic
>>
>>55612563
>muh online tutorials are not informative
>muh videos lack information

Nigga can you read? read a book and learn how to use the fucking internet you dingaling
>>
>>55612563
> Where do I go to learn X
There's this amazing technology pre-millenial generations call "books". They're basically like collections of webpages stuffed with useful information. except you can read them offline and each individual page is not written with Google top 10 results and Google ads in mind.
>>
I'd still recommend doing the Python course on codecademy for the absolute basics, after that just find a small project you want to do and read documentation
>>
I had a friend that used the "Learn Python the Hard Way" stuff. It's like a combo of book (optional I think) and then online exercises. He liked it
>>
>>55614611
I'm working my way through this now. I'm a complete beginner so I can't comment on the quality of what he's teaching, but it's not spoonfeeding me which is nice. I'd probably be better off with an actual textbook but for a free webpage I feel like it's pretty good.
>>
File: uZ6RFsB.gif (443 KB, 400x480) Image search: [Google]
uZ6RFsB.gif
443 KB, 400x480
>>55612563
>Where do I go to learn Python with no skillset In programming?
Everyone learns python when they have no prior programming knowledge, and they continue that way even after having learned python.
>>
>>55614611
It was meh back in the day but now it's completely updated. It says to not use Python 3 because it is too new, but Python 3 now is now the norm.
>>
>>55614611
>>55615329
I don't know (or care, really) about Python, but "Learn C the Hard Way" by the same dude is full of inaccuracies, errors and disinformation. When confronted with substantive criticism[1], the guy went full fucking retard[2] so I wouldn't take his writing seriously.

[1] http://hentenaar.com/dont-learn-c-the-wrong-way
[2] http://hentenaar.com/dont-learn-c-the-wrong-way#update
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.