[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to artificially age thermal paste
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 15-4OxP3tB.jpg (138 KB, 720x551) Image search: [Google]
15-4OxP3tB.jpg
138 KB, 720x551
>My girlfriend ordered a refurbished launch CECHA01 PS3 which is 9 years old.
>Ordered from Newegg marketplace
>Broken controller, minor video issues, would power off after an average of two minutes of use
>Sent it back
>Newegg replaced controller, provided a new HDMI cable, and fixed the power issue
>They also removed the seller from Newegg marketplace
>Five weeks later, the unit has Yellow Light of Death
>Warranty is no longer existing
>replace thermal paste
>fixes nothing
>realize that the seller had just sold her a temporarily fixed YLOD brick
>I want to return to Newegg and get her money back or a different unit
>I replaced thermal paste, and while they may have taken it back before, they will probably use that as an excuse and say that I broke it.

The original thermal paste was so dry and thin that I am surprised that the unit lasted as long as it did. If anything, when I replaced it, I was doing a huge favor for them. The change is arbitrary, as the system does not work regardless, but I think Newegg will use this to refuse my RMA.

Is there a way to dry out the new thermal paste that I put on if I use a heat gun or similar method, or do I just have to hope that they don't look. I VERY much doubt that they will attempt to repair it, but I don't want to get in trouble if they discover that I modified an already defunct unit.

What can I do?
>>
>>55608962
just use a hairdryer it will dry out quickly
>>
Did you break any "WARRANTY SEAL" stickers or screws?
Then shut the fuck up, you didn't open it and you changed nothing.

Burden of proof lies on them.
>>
Rip original PS3
You were too precious for this cruel world

Press X to pay respects
>>
>>55609259
This

Also no way they are going to check it if the seller isn't even on newegg anymore
>>
Didn't you make this thread before??
>>
>not buying your gf a PS4

She'll drop you like an overheated Hot Pocket for the first Chad to come along.
>>
>>55609228
Will a heatgun be overkill?

>>55611811
I did, but then I found out some more information. In this one, I was mainly asking if for ways to fabricate the new thermal paste into looking as though it's the original. I was also wondering if they would even check it before tossing it.

>>55612688
She didn't want a PS4, she mainly wanted a PS3 to play those shitty zombie maps on Cowadoody.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.