[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bicycle power
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160716_192502.jpg (2 MB, 4726x2739) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160716_192502.jpg
2 MB, 4726x2739
Hey /g I'm trying to design a bike generator so I can charge my phone for Pokemon go, originally I was just going to use a diode to connect the battery and generator but then I started thinking about overcharge and knowing how much power I have. I was wondering if I could use a relay as a diode and I searched around but a lot of places say it's bad because of battery arcing however since the relay is never between the battery terminals should I be ok using it in place of a diode? My thinking is I'll have several different zener diodes and leds to make a standard power gauge and the highest resistance diode will be connected to the relay so at full battery it cuts off the the generator from the battery, my other concern is at max power the relay will be constantly switching, will it be ok long term?
>>
wouldnt it be better to get one of those RC car batteries, ducktap it to the pike buy parts to make a converter/adater for a usb hub, and put an enclosure around all that?
>>
>>55608350
I'm sorta doing that, I'm using one of those batteries for those plastic cars kids ride in and I'm using a lighter port power inverter that has a standard wall socket and usb port
>>
>>55608242
> charge my phone
> I started thinking about overcharge
If you were charging a battery by itself you'd have to worry about overcharging, but the phone already has that circuitry built into it. Give it 5v and it will charge the battery and stop when it's full. What you need is a 5v regulator to keep the voltage from going too high.
>>
>>55608583
Yeah but the generator flows into the battery only one way then the battery stores the power so the battery could oc
>>
>>55608409
reporting you to the fbi just for kicks

can't wait to see the anon post of some idiot who brought a homebuilt electric bike to a race rally and beatup by the cops bcus it was confused as being a bomb
>>
>>55608242
Gut a USB car charger and give that 12v.
>>
>pokemon GO is making people into home inventors
>getting kids outside
>inspiring IRL social activity

Is this game the best thing to happen to society in the last 10 years?
>>
Get a dynamo for your bike, an step up or step down IC (depending on dynamo output) look at the Datasheet of IC and configure it to give you 5 Volt, connect the 5v to phone.
Better: put 5v into a power bank and simultaneously charge phone with powerbank, with this setup you have a puffer
>>
>>55609597
Undoing the damage that previous games caused when they weren't high tech enough.
>>
>>55608242
nice clock ahmed
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.