[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it that ever since USB 3 came out, USB hubs are all flaky
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
Why is it that ever since USB 3 came out, USB hubs are all flaky failure prone shit? Powered hubs (the most useful ones) in particular are terrible. Connections cutting in and out, getting stuck in USB 2 mode, dead ports, ugh. USB 2 hubs were never this problematic.

I'm not even ordering cheap shit but it makes no difference, it's all crap. It seriously makes me want to give up on adding ports to my laptop, sell the laptop, and build a desktop with a motherboard with plentiful ports instead.
>>
>>55604345
The biggest issue with usb hubs is the powered ones

>get powered hub
>plug it in
>it also sends power back to your computer or w/e you have it plugged in to

This has the potential to (and does in many cases) fry whatever you want it to act as a USB hub for.
>>
>>55604406
That's so shitty. Wow. So basically if you want more powered ports than your computer came with and you can't install a PCI card, you're fucked?

Who the hell thought that was a good idea?
>>
Just got a powered hub from prime day, works great. How long did yours take to start acting up?
>>
>>55604822
The newest one hasn't worked properly right out of the box. Gonna return it.

The powered USB 3 hub on my SATA hotswap HD enclosure works fine most of the time but cuts out every now and then, unmounting the drive along with it
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.