[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck is wrong with my computer, /g/? Lately the internet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: mystery_box2.jpg (35 KB, 350x280) Image search: [Google]
mystery_box2.jpg
35 KB, 350x280
What the fuck is wrong with my computer, /g/?

Lately the internet connection has taken to cutting out every 20 minutes or so. At first I thought it was the wireless adapter, so I got a new one, but it does the same thing. Rebooting the computer or unplugging and replugging the wireless adapter almost always allows me to reconnect, but it just goes out again in 20 minutes or so. I don't have this problem on any other device, so it's got to be something on my pc, but if it's not related to the wireless adapter, what the fuck could it be?

Shit is baffling me, /g/.
>>
>>55603077
Router/modem overheating?
>>
THE BOX, THE BOX
>>
>>55603077
Or wireless adapter overheating rather
>>
Can be a DNS issue from Windows 8/10. Go to your DNS settings and change to something to like OpenDNS. Restart PC, remove or keep the DNS you entered and it should behave better.
>>
>>55603162
He said he bought a new one. Lrn2read.

Anyway, shitty usb port? Routers wireless receiver?
>>
>>55603077
HI ANON, YOU SEEMED TO HAVE FORGOTTEN TO HAVE READ THE STICKY BEFORE YOU POSTED, LUCKY I CAN REDIRECT YOU TO IT HERE >>51971506
/g/ IS NOT YOUR PERSONAL TECH SUPPORT BOARD, TAKE YOUR THREAD, SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS, AND FUCK OFF TO >>>/g/sqt YOU BRAINDEAD FUCKING MONGOLOID
>>
>>55603222
Holy Shit Man, calm down. Anon just made a mistake, no big deal.
>>
>>55603139
>>55603162
If it were the wireless adapter overheating, you would think replacing it would produce different results, but it hasn't.
And if it were the router or modem, I don't know what unplugging/rebooting on the PC would help since I haven't changed anything with the router.

>>55603204
I've tried the wireless adapter in multiple usb ports with the same results, so it's not that.
I should also say that I don't have this problem at all with my laptop, so I don't think the problem is anything with the router or modem.

>>55603185
Don't really know enough about this to comment, gonna do some research now.

>>55603222
Zero fucks given
>>
>>55603077
I had this issue with mine. The default setting is to allow computer to turn off device to save power. Just go to your advanced settings for the adapter and set it to never turn off
>>
>>55603305
From what I can tell, the wireless adapter is set to "maximum wireless performance with no power saving," so unless I'm looking at the wrong set of settings, this doesn't seem to be the issue.
>>
>>55603375
I win
>>
>>55603404
I should also say I don't have this problem when connecting to my phone's hotspot. It's specific to the connection between this computer and the home wifi.
>>
>>55603443
DNS Servers, depends on your ISP.
>>
>>55603077
>What the fuck is wrong with my computer, /g/?
You're the one using it.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.