[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you know what the turing test is, /g/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1438412302538.jpg (65 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
1438412302538.jpg
65 KB, 600x399
Do you know what the turing test is, /g/?
>>
>>55597721
It's a meme that no one in the AI field gives a shit about.
>>
sure, its how you can tell if someone is smuggling peanut butter under their balls or not
>>
Yes OP, it's a test to find out if you are a gay man.
>>
>>55597746
my dog can figure this one out most of the time
>>
>>55597721
It's bullshit because consciousness in an illusion and Turing had no real knowledge of AI, nor could imagine the technology level that humanity would reach.
>>
>>55597772
is your dog named turing?
>>
File: 1371311276506.jpg (4 KB, 185x82) Image search: [Google]
1371311276506.jpg
4 KB, 185x82
>>55597721
That's the test they give you on penis inspection day at school.
>>
File: ava.jpg (25 KB, 534x401) Image search: [Google]
ava.jpg
25 KB, 534x401
>tfw ava will never ride your dick
80 percent of people are retarded. So therefore the singularity has already happened. R.I.P. humanity. I never cared...
>>
This was a great movie. It showed how women have taken over the world by manipulating betas.
>>
yes, but i couldn't implement it in code. pretty sure the robots will kill us long before we build one that can pass the turing test.
>>
>>55597772
underrated
>>
Turing test requires a jury of humans and even then it is gameable by non-ai programs.

Reinforcement learning benchmarks ala deepmind and visual question answering are better measures of intelligence.
>>
Turing test makes sense.
Look for example at stuff like that Tay bot, or even Pewdiepie's bot, they all suck and can't fool anyone. The only bot worth even mentioning is cleverbot
>>
>>55598108
hahahhahahahahahahah
tis funny cus is trooo
>>
>>55597721
>tfw AI in robotics becomes a thing
fucking hard to tune but it is goat for non linear identification

Also, the japanese in the movie was pretty.
>>
>>55597782
Yes
>>
It's a test given to OP to prove he's not a faggot.

No OP has passed it as of yet.
>>
While being a neat idea, the classical Turing test setup is heavily flawed.

Hell, I've failed it before.

Or maybe it's infallible and I'm actually a robot.
>>
>>55599302
Hyperbole, but there's some truth to your statement.

Who the fuck said strong AI has to behave human? Or must have the capability to fool humans? Merely means it's bad at acting.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.