[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Corrupted composite signal fix
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 20160708_210658.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160708_210658.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
/diy/ didn't know how to help me so now I turn here out of desperation.

I'm attempting to install a car PC. Currently, I have the video out (composite) wired directly into where the backup camera connects (it is the only composite in in the car). According to the weird-ass motherfuckers that go to car forums, this is the best way to get video onto the monitor.

The only issue is, pic related happens. The image is distorted as fuck, warping in from the left side with degraded colors.

Does anybody know what might even cause this issue? The pi and the screen work fine apart from one another, but when connected shit gets fucked.

I can not find ANYTHING about this kind of interference ANYWHERE and it's seriously fucking me up, I've not been able to fix this for days.
>>
>>55597229
It's a power issue find a cleaner way to get power to the pi the screen is fine
>>
>>55597268
Are you positive? I figured it might be this, but I also didn't notice anyone but audiophiles bitching about how clean USB power was. This same problem happens whether or not the pi is powered by the car (I have an extension cable out there as well) and with the same power source, the pi works fine on my projector.
>>
>>55597285
Yeah the pi isn't getting enough power to output correctly try plugging in a keyboard and mouse and seeing if they work correctly at the same time as the screen
>>
>>55597285
Also have you tried a different cable that goes from the pi to screen preferably a very short one for less resistance
>>
>>55597298
They do, I was playing minecraft on it earlier to stress test the power source.

Again, with the exact same power source on a different monitor it works fine, I don't think the issue is how much power it's getting.

>>55597306
Yep. I've tried 3 cables, one of them was like two inches long.
>>
>>55597229
put a 75ohm resistor across the leads on the video out.
>>
>>55597351
I've heard recommendations to run a capacitor across power or video lines to normalize the output, but what would a resistor do? Wouldn't it just be totally bypassed because it's not the path of least resistance?
>>
>>55597308
Hmm how strange and your sure that monitor works? Als what gen pi is this?
>>
>>55597370
The monitor works perfectly, and when I plug in the backup camera it also functions fine.
It's a gen 3.
>>
>>55597365
Could be used to reduce signal noise it's worth a shot imho
>>
>>55597380
I'll give it a shot when I go down to the electronics store tomorrow to try and make a USB power filter even though I'm 99% sure the power isn't the problem
>>
>>55597365
composite video needs to see a 75ohm load. otherwise it distorts the signal.
>>
>>55597421
Well I didn't have a 75 ohm resistor but I did have a 70 ohm one. All it did was make the video even fuzzier as well as distorted, and it made the video "scroll" down half an inch.
Bummer.
>>
>>55597716
try it in series instead of across.
>>
>>55597740
In series with the signal or ground?
In series with the signal doesn't do much of anything
>>
>>55597747
Actually, after trying again:
It produces the same distortion as running it in parallel.
>>
File: 1468623180621.jpg (54 KB, 746x315) Image search: [Google]
1468623180621.jpg
54 KB, 746x315
might try sdtv_mode 0 and 1
>>
>>55597229
Does this occur only with the engine running (alternator outputting) ??
>>
>>55598461
The distortion doesn't change when the engine is on so it's not the alternator

>>55598453
I've tried 1 and 0- I figured it might have been 1 because jap car but no dice
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.