[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've tried Windows 10 for a while. It's not that bad.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: windows7.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
windows7.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
I've tried Windows 10 for a while. It's not that bad. However, I still like my old Win7 more. The main concern is, since I own a crappy laptop, that my Win7 drivers need to be certified by the producer in order to install them. Win 10 skips this problem by installing the newest versions on it's own. Which system should I use?
>>
>>55592386
windows 7 installs and updates drivers as well, occasionally and for some devices, not all

depends on which manufacturers put their drivers in the windows update thing

you can also uninstall win7 driver signature checking. isn't win10 even more strict in that regard?
>>
So far I had a major problem with the graphics driver which was simply crashing every once in a while since I couldnt get a newer version than a build from 2013. Win 10 somehow skipped that and installed a brand new 2016 driver.
>>
>>55592386
Use win 10 and then fuck off to reddit
No one that's remotely decent at computers would get windows 10 since it's broken, buggy, slowest performance compared to 7 and 8.1, bloated, unable to avoid telemetry

Inb4 mad win10 babys
>>
>>55592553

Elaborate on slowest performance and being bloated.
>>
>>55592553
Competent people would've just installed Enterprise, dear red hat shill :^)
>>
>>55592553

>Since I own a crappy laptop, that my Win7 drivers need to be certified by the producer in order to install them

Please explain this a bit more. I've installed Win7 on laptops more times than I can count, and this has never been an issue whether it's Acer Shitbook, Razer P0iZ0N Permadeath X7 1337 Gamer Edition, or Chickety China: Serial No. 0000000.

If you install it like normal and then let it update the shit out of itself, most of your drivers will be there after the jump. What remains can be installed manually or it won't effect you. That's been my experience and I've been fucking around with Win7 since launch. So I guess my advice to you is get a pirated version of Windows because I've never ever heard of this driver certification stuff.
>>
>>55592911

Meant to quote OP sorry.
>>
>>55592386
Fuck off back to the board you came from
>>
>>55592911

There is only one word of explanation: Lenovo. Probably the worst software handling out there.
>>
File: 1469501329879.jpg (872 KB, 801x1612) Image search: [Google]
1469501329879.jpg
872 KB, 801x1612
>Competent people would've just installed Enterprise
>>
>>55592553
Yeah except you're just trolling because you can't name a single fucking example of the shit you're spewing
>>
>>55593648
Classic Win10 babby can't use google

Stay cucked
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.