[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
malware
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: 1466627571977.jpg (34 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1466627571977.jpg
34 KB, 600x600
Hey /g/

So todays a shitty day for me... i feel like an idiot but it appears I've got some sort of malware from trying to download an unsafe torrent. I was depsperate and made a stupid mistake...

So im hoping for some advice because at this point im think i kight as well take my pc somewhere like geek squad.

Here's the gist; i cant start it up in safe mode... it just doesnt allow this to happen. I think my computer was made to access msconfig and disable safemode as an option somehow... forgive me if thats a silly consideration, im not super tech savvy obviously. Anyways... this is really fuckin me up coz i need my pc and im not aure what to do... i mean, is it too risky to hust start it up and try to system restore or whatever? Of course some details are needed in order to evaluate and get an idea of what we're talking about here...

I tried getting my torrent. As soon as i started to feel suspicious, because it had me downlosding through springfiles, i started takung things down and deletung the files. Now i feel dumb coz right then and there i shoukd have done a system restore poitn and taken things mire seriously... anyways i notice a fake antivirus thing, some adobe programs and firefix all newly installed so i remove all of them.... heres where msconfig and cmd prompt started flashing... and i panic... my computer is quickly taken over and i have no option but to manually shut down.

One of the things i removed (although it seems to have alrdy affected me) is a remote control type program. I forget what it was called but it was along the lines of cml or something i hinestly cant rememver but when i googled it i found it to be some sort if agreement to give remote access. This freaked me out. Idk what to do... i really hope someone can give me advice =-= thanks in adcance

Wasnt sure about going to /adv/ with this...
>>
>>55584595
What GPU do you have?
>>
>>55584615
Thanks for the reply. Im freaking out :c
Something like this

http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16834256622
>>
File: 1468094178764.png (121 KB, 310x487) Image search: [Google]
1468094178764.png
121 KB, 310x487
>>55584710
Consider making a thread about GPUs and throw in your question there, it might get more replies.
>>
nuke and pave
>>
>>55584595
Please repost your thread at >>>/wsr/
But since you're retarded enough to post here, I'll tell you a solution:
LINUX
LIVE
CD
Heard of Kaspersky Live CDs, there might be more, I don't know.
>>
>>55584595
what exactly are you asking? your post barely details what happened, and doesnt even explain the problem.
>>
>>55585079
What GPU do you have?
>>
>>55585100
i3-2350m
>>
File: 1466181166690_1.jpg (244 KB, 722x830) Image search: [Google]
1466181166690_1.jpg
244 KB, 722x830
>>55584595
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.