[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any anons running cyanogenmod on a galaxy or similar device?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1445536296737.jpg (4 KB, 250x221) Image search: [Google]
1445536296737.jpg
4 KB, 250x221
Any anons running cyanogenmod on a galaxy or similar device? What were your experiences with getting it set up, worth it?
>>
I used it a few years ago on my s2 and found it to be kinda bloated. If AOKP is still active I'd recommend installing that. It looks like stock Android but has a lot of awesome features. As far as installing cyanogenmod goes these days with the galaxy series it's incredibly easy. You literally just have to install an app on your phone an connect it to your pc. If you're still using the stock rom cyanogenmod is a definite improvement.
>>
>>55578974

Just got it today (6 month warranty so not too much to worry about) don't like all the bloat and lack of themes/customisation. Not very knowledgeable with phones so any advice would be welcome.
>>
>>55578724
Am I the only one who thought that might be a vagina with googly eyes from the thumbnail?
>>
>>55579009
What device?
Full model number?
>>
>>55579092

s5 SM-G900F
>>
>>55579111
Get Resurrection Remix if there's a version available/compatible with your device. It's based on CM, just far better in every way.
>>
>>55579133

In what sense? How would I install it if I decided to?
>>
>>55579138
/g/ ain't your personal tech support
Now search for HighOnAndroid/Zedomax on YT and he'll tell you
>>
>>55579165

Ok then disregarding the second question, why is RR so much better than CM?
>>
>>55579237
Less "bloat" in terms og default apps included in CM. The RR developers also included tons of new customisations features you need xposed to utilise in CM.
>>
>>55578724
I'm running Paranoid Android 6.0.1 on my Galaxy S2. It's so snappy.
>>
>>55578724
CM13 on kltespr (G900P). Simple to install, no hiccups, 100% worth it IMO. (running w/o gapps)
>>
Hell no its not worth it. The kernel sucks ass and is slow as fuck. Touchwiz is lightning fast and has more features.

>m-muh animations
Kys
>>
>>55578724
I'm running CM13 on a 2013 Moto G, runs pretty good, no real issues so far. I'd say it's definitely worth it if your phone no longer receives any android updates and if you wish to cut back on any preinstalled bloatware apps that come with many phones.
>>
>>55579022
Anyone else want to see this?
>>
I installed TWRP and an unofficial build of CM12 on my Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus today to play Pokémon GO, and it was easy to install. I just flashed TWRP with odin and then threw the CM12 zip along with a gapps package on the phone and installed it from recovery.
>>
still holding out for a release for my S6. I'd like my S6 a lot more if it had cyanogenmod.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.