[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am trying to make my own Android OS. The idea behind is that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: android-boot-logo_634639.jpg (16 KB, 626x626) Image search: [Google]
android-boot-logo_634639.jpg
16 KB, 626x626
I am trying to make my own Android OS. The idea behind is that it will only run one application, my application. Right now I am deleting packages and apps that I obviously wouldn't need and would't serve any purpose to me.

I am wondering if anyone knows about any kind of documentation that would contain which package/app is dependent on another. So if I delete one, which other might be bothered by this.
Or any documentation whatsoever that would contain info about a package. Right now I am just googling everything that comes up.
>>
>>55568455
>wants an OS that runs one application
For what purpose? If that one application isn't a web browser or an app store to get more APKs then it's utterly useless. Not even iShits are that bad.
>>
>>55569792
Purpose is that the users won't be doing other shit on the tablet.
>>
>>55570775
Why not use screen pinning?
>>
>>55570852
/thread
>>
>>55571000
There are also apps that I won't be needing, so It's a waste to have them there, ex. Calendar, Calculator,..
>>
It's called a rom
I'm sure there's documentation on how to make one.
>>
>>55571134
Yup there is. But only in how to make one. I am interested more into the actual packages I want to remove. I need to know if I can remove them without any consequences or if I remove them will it cause for another app to not function. So in some words a documented relationship table between packages or even just a documentation what each package does. I am right now only googling each package hoping for an answer.
>>
>>55571224
Deleting apps/packages could cause issues, but usually it's safe to remove most of them. What do you want your device to do exactly? You should obviously leave settings and system alone. Other than that we can't really help you unless you tell us what your app will do or what it needs. Usually it's safe to remove almost all apps tho, but it really depends on what you will use the device for.
>>
File: IMG_20160713_235143.jpg (141 KB, 1280x721) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160713_235143.jpg
141 KB, 1280x721
Why don't you fork Ubuntu Touch or Mer/Nemo/Sailfish and make a mobile OS that doesn't have a deprecated backend?

Pic related is my Lagxus 5
>>
>>55568455
>>55569792

Kiosks and shit.

Android 6.0 has a feature to only allow one Application to run and have it impossible to exit.

That the method I would use.

Might be able to hack the init stuff to not start anything up.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.