[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Xmonad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: HaskellLogoStyPreview-1.png (4 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
HaskellLogoStyPreview-1.png
4 KB, 128x128
Anyone else use this piece of shit?

Combine with xmobar and dmenu and you have based setup. It takes some effort to set up if you don't understand Haskell, and a little time to learn the keys, but tiling managers are the way to go.

I have a really wide screen, and don't want to make it vertical. Any good layouts people have designed / suggest?
>>
>>55568453
>Anyone else use this piece of shit?
I used to. But keeping up with upstream really annoyed me.
So I just dropped it.
>>
>>55569257
>But keeping up with upstream really annoyed me.
What? Why?
>>
File: why_would_you_name_it_scrot.png (10 KB, 559x400) Image search: [Google]
why_would_you_name_it_scrot.png
10 KB, 559x400
>>55569569
If it works, and you don't like new features, then there is no need to update.

Yesterday I tried installing xmonad on Ubuntu MATE, but for some reason I was having trouble getting windows not to overlay onto xmobar. So I spent last night learning Haskell basics, and now editing the xmonad.hs configuration file is only 90% opaque. I don't know if I fixed the status bar issue yet, but will try again today.

In the mean time I added volume controls. I also wrote a xmobar configuration file that calls a shell script implementing a volume bar visualization.

Ignorant me recently learned that you can use the mouse wheel to paste into a terminal. I have no reason to use normie window managers anymore.

I am content with my computer.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.