[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yeah you know how to install Arch Linux. Yeah you know how to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Nagios-Logo1-500x383.gif (24 KB, 500x383) Image search: [Google]
Nagios-Logo1-500x383.gif
24 KB, 500x383
Yeah you know how to install Arch Linux. Yeah you know how to rice your boxes with underage tokyo gals but.. Does /g/ even monitor?

Do you guys use some monitoring system? I'm intersted in your experience in a enterprise environment with tons of machines and services.

We use Nagios+QL graphical interface cause we are too dumb to edit .conf files manually. Company is asking to switch to a better looking user interface and decent graphs in order to impress customers so we decided to test IcingaWeb2 and its Director. And results are...well they're pretty decent.

What about you /g/uys?
>>
>>55557653
We use Zabbix 2 because our managers want cute graphs.
>>
I made my own monitoring solution as a school project once, it was pretty nice.
I don't use any monitoring software now but I discovered this the other day which looks dank

https://github.com/firehol/netdata
>>
SSH and a terminal is all most people need.
>>
>>55557653
We're a Nagios shop as well.
A different arm of our company still uses Patrol...
>>
>>55557653
Primary monitoring bounces between ZenOSS and SCOM.

Secondary is Cacti and Smokeping.

I like ZenOSS better, but SCOM can kick off powershell scripts to self heal.
>>
>>55557653
We're on Nagios but a Zabbix switch is on my to-do list. Ideally the monitoring system is capable of auto-adding compatible hosts,which Zabbix supports better than Nagios.

Incidentally if you want purdy graphs get something like ELK or Graylog to ingest your logs and spit out a custom designed set of graphs. I tend to think monitors should primarily communicate via email and SMS, the graphs are either irrelevant when stuff is OK, or too slow to interpret when shit's gone wrong whereas logs benefit from historical crunching like that, it gives you a better idea of your patterns when you can see it visually.

>>55557996
I don't think you really understand what these tools do.
>>
I am asking because is thread related.
Are there any simple program to monitor logs from syslog server in real time.
I need something simple just for a test project, but the cuantity of logs is big and I need something to filter
>>
>put all this bloated fucking bullshit on your nodes to monitor them
>realize that they're always at 10% CPU usage and 50% memory usage because of this stupid shit spamming statistics 24/7
delet this
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.