[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What programming language should i master and why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: 1463116115068.png (197 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
1463116115068.png
197 KB, 450x338
What programming language should i master and why?
>>
samurai sword, it's the latest web dev front end craze
>>
You should definitely master an impractical and obscure language so you can brag about it on this godforsaken website
>>
>>55546740
C++ because it is universal and how computers actually work
>>
javascript :^
>>
>>55546809
Thats why i am asking for your opinion to give me some language that has use
>>
"Mastering" a programming language is a waste of time.
>>
>>55546844
Every dev needs a language in which he is confident
>>
>>55546740
Never thought I'd see Stallman in the gnude....
>>
C

Lowest level you can go without having different languages for different architectures (Assembly).

Language used for operating systems and operating system APIs.

Gives you a lot of power and with great power comes great responsibility.

By default makes you better at all the normie-friendly higher-level languages it influenced just by using it.

Object-oriented languages are Pajeet-tier.

Lingua franca of programming languages.
>>
>>55546740
man that is some god tier underwear
>>
>>55546898
why dislike oop?
>>
This: >>55546813.

Also if you're into information security, reverse engineering or rom hacking, you should definitely learn assembly.
>>
>>55546809
Scheme it is.
>>
swift so you can make fart apps
>>
>>55546972
It's a meme.
>>
>>55546972

I think is way too difficult. I mean im not stupid but having to use a thing which is hard to learn and often doesnt work sucks
>>
>>55546740
GNU Bash
>>
Python, if you want to have fun

A compiled language if you don' t like fun
>>
APL

It is THE efficient language.
http://pastebin.com/2djVDiUq
>>
>>55546817
> using the non smiley with the carat nose
>>
i'd go with python, then c and c++
>>
>>55546740
webdev :^)
>>
>>55546740
C

Don't let any lispfags tell you otherwise

>>55546972
I don't 100% dislike OOP, but shit like AbstractSingletonIteratorPatternFactory is nauseating. The idea is that a class represents a class of objects, and that there are classes that inherit from other classes, but the outcome turns out to just be a big mess.

Java OOP makes me want to shoot myself everytime I have to use Java. C++ OOP is more like just focused on data encapsulation.
>>
>>55547060
>oop is way too difficult
/g/ C shills in charge of being retarded
>>
>>55549701
design patterns in Java OOP are just records of functions in languages that have first class functions
>>
>>55546740

Delphi
because fuck you, that's why
>>
You should check out dewfrost. It is an unstructured, dynamically typed programming language. The cool part is it automatically deals with garbage collecting if you switch it on. It is a compiled language like C with scripting mode like python. It has a built in GUI drag and drop dev center. It autogenerates websites too!
>>
>>55547004
>Rom hacking
Are there any decent guides where people give a real game example and not a fucking "Hello World with an IF statement" program?
>>
>>55546740
You should follow the DeviousYarn GitHub and wait for the official release.

https://github.com/LandonPowell/DeviousYarn

Get ready for the future of text editing, faggit.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.