[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Non-botnet GNU/Linux
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: 474732133_344f5adb2a.jpg (37 KB, 309x309) Image search: [Google]
474732133_344f5adb2a.jpg
37 KB, 309x309
Is possible to make a non-botnet GNU/Linux?
Post your opinion.

>Gentoo includes installation recipes for a number of nonfree programs in its primary package system.
>>
Debian
>>
Trisquel (it sucks tho, so yeah Debian)
>>
>>55539224
gnewsense
>>
File: screenFetch-2016-07-12_18-40-47.png (393 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
screenFetch-2016-07-12_18-40-47.png
393 KB, 1024x768
Debian Wheezy is still in LTS, so I guess it counts.
>>
>>55539224
https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-distros
>>
>gentoo gives users the _freedom_ to choose whatever software they want
>"free software" cucks get buttmad
>"free software" is literally just open source software without the _freedom_ to change license

The reason Stallman took such a long time coming up with a word that means the same thing as his meaning of the word "freedom" is that his meaning of the word "freedom" is actually the opposite of the dictionary's.

Now he's gone and picked "libre" because English speakers don't have any preexisting notions of what it means.

rms, fsf, and free software are among the worst memes around.
>>
File: 1466800279250-g.jpg (84 KB, 610x400) Image search: [Google]
1466800279250-g.jpg
84 KB, 610x400
>>55542080
Although I do think rms is cute in the same way a small child is cute. pic related.
>>
Trisquel user here. AMA
>>
Install TempleOS if you want a 100% botnet and CIA nigger free operating system.
>>
I'm testing Windows Subsystem for Linux and I can truly say Linux is dead.
>>
>>55539224
No. The only way to make you happy is to take your medication.
>>
>>55542131
Why are you autistic?
>>
>>55539224
The only way to ensure your OS is not a botnet is build Linux from Scratch
>>
>>55542131
Do you use mpv ?
>>
>>55539224
Being a botnet has nothing to do with being free software - free programs can be botnets, and it is possible for a proprietary program to not be a botnet as well.

Oh wait, you're just pretending to be retarded, right?
>>
>>55539479
I want your distro. please.

What is it? can you make me a .iso of it?
>>
>>55542131
How does it feel to eat shit from your own hands?
>>
>>55539479
Why is Debian Wheezy not botnet but Debian Jessie is?
>>
>>55539224
Fedora, Debian and all on FSF distro list.
Open spec processor and in general an open platform.
A good compiler chain is also important, currently the most interesting project is from Debian, where they aim to make all binaries reproducible and thus testable and comparable.
https://wiki.debian.org/ReproducibleBuilds
>>
>>55539224
Install Parabola GNU
>>
>>55545990
Is this bait? It says Debian and what WM he uses in the screenfetch
>>
>>55539224
Is it possible for you to kill yourself
>>
>>55546148
Is that it? don't you have to get like a panel or some shit?
>>
>>55546209
I don't know, you'll probably have to configure it so that it looks like in his post
>>
>>55546161
>pajeet having a mental breakdown
>>
>>55539224
Even worse: The gentoo website doesn't even work without Javascript disabled.
Tons of missing characters.

Most 'evil' (that's how they, gentoousers, alsways act) distros have no problems without JS.

It seriously makes me doubt in the usefulness of gentoo as a whole.
Why bother compiling and trusting a whole OS by people too imcompetent to build a non-JS viewable site?
>>
>>55539224
Use open-source software you compile by yourself, including BIOS, and open-source processor.

Free software is important because it ensures non-botnet hardware and software to stay non-botnet (if it becomes so you'll have to fork it).

I prefer Archlinux because it's easier to use. Also if your self-compiled OS makes security holes it's going to become a botnet. You may use OpenBSD instead.
>>
>>55546357
with no JS*, you know what I meant

it just doesn't work
>>
>>55546357
Go with OpenBSD, they always defend their simple HTML website, even though people constantly complain about it and say it's archaic 90's stuff.
>>
>>55539224
>Is possible to make a non-botnet GNU/Linux?
Yes.
With /g/'s definition of botnet?
No.
>>
>>55539224
I love maki!
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.