[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the fucking Windows search so fucking shit? What's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled.png (9 KB, 386x578) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
9 KB, 386x578
Why is the fucking Windows search so fucking shit? What's the point if it can't even find windows files?
>>
??
Why can't you just type manually c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts?
I know that by memory.
>>
>>55538374
Why dont you remember every file location in Windows? pleb
>>
>>55538396
I do and even better, I know the start menu won't search on system folders, only startup items and your documents folders.
So I know that if I want to find a system folder I need to open explorer and type hosts on the search bar where it will find the file you're looking for.
>>
>Because Microsoft wants to recommend you app store applications rather than your own files
Just reinstall Windows 10
>>
Press the files button you fucking nerd.
>>
>>55538655
This.
>>
>>55538374
this is whats wrong with windows.
>>
>He literally installed and uses Windows 10 unironically
>>
windows 10 is shit. i tried it for a day, it can't even manage file associations properly.
>>
>>55538927
Why not? It's the best OS for touch
>he doesn't use touch in bed
>>
>be polish fag
>name one of my folders "stos"
>literally disappears right before my eyes
>don't know where the fuck it went
>create a new folder and name it "stos"
>Error 0x0070103: no more data is available
>this doesn't make any fucking sense whatsoever
>rename the master folder $Recycle.Bin
>empty
>doesn't get deleted
>no way to access the folder, searching for content that I know existed in this folder does not show up in search, neither does other viewers

I still don't know what the fuck is going on and neither does Microsoft. Absolute piece of shit OS
>>
>He still thinks Microsoft wants him tinkering with the hosts file.

Oy vey goy, nothing to see here, go about your business and use Microsoft (TM) Office (TM) 360 (TM) Total (TM) Plus (TM) to finish that research paper you've been doing. There's no need to be blocking things.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.