[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i went into a popular hardware shop yesterday to buy a fan (it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1468196829870.jpg (148 KB, 1080x1356) Image search: [Google]
1468196829870.jpg
148 KB, 1080x1356
i went into a popular hardware shop yesterday to buy a fan (it's kinda like walmart but for electronics and it is really bad)
and after i was back home i had a spam SMS saying i won something at said store
how exactly did that work out wtf

please help me i am not good with computers
>>
Well did you give them your phone number at the checkout when you bought the fan?
>>
>>55537524
Please don't feed the troll.
>>
>>55537524
no
>>55537575
i'm really sorry but i'm being serious
>>
>>55537575
Yeah you are right, sorry OP but if you didn't give out your phone number then I can't help you since you have no proof of a tracking software or that your phone was hacked to get your phone number.
There is no proof for us to believe you.
>>
>>55538005
okay, too bad. i was thinking that maybe they noticed from my location service but i always have it turned off. I just thought that it was kinda scary
>>
>>55538154
Someone could be hacking you with social engineering.

I don't care to explain any further, so just google it.
>>
>>55536863
You still have your receipt? Jus go back to the store. Your receipt is your proof of purchase.
>>
>>55538648
Yeah, you might be right but OP said that he didn't give out his phone number. But then again he may have lended his phone to someone working in the store, who might have seen his phone number and used it to send advertising. But that's just being paranoid plus OP would have said it/thought about it if that had happened.
>>
>>55538714
nothing like that happened
>>55538710
i didn't buy the phone just yesterday and i don't want to return anything
i was inside the store to buy something completely unrelated to my phone and i left no information whatsoever about me (i even payed cash)
>>
>>55538710
Why would you need proof of purchase nobody is saying that he didn't buy something at that store but that the store didn't send a promotional text. If OP wants to give us proof, show us the text then.
>>
>>55538734
Yeah so social engineering theory is refuted.
>>
>>55538734
Someone who knows you saw you go there and sent you a phishing scam. Or something like that. Probably not related to the store at all.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.