[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HI, sorry if this doesnt belong.. I have an asus computer, it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: ASUS-810x298_c.jpg (19 KB, 810x298) Image search: [Google]
ASUS-810x298_c.jpg
19 KB, 810x298
HI, sorry if this doesnt belong..
I have an asus computer, it just stopped working. Google is useless and It's too late to do anything about it and everyone I know is more clueless than I am at this shit.
>Computer freezes
>I turn it off.
>I turn it back on
>Monitor proceeds on standby (unnormal)
>Computer boots kinda
>Still nothing on monitor
>Computer beeps, 1 long 4 short.
>Took computer apart
>removed everything and cleaned.
>put back together
>Turn it back on
>repeated problem, 1 short 4 short.

Whats wrong with it? and what needs to be replaced.
>>
/g/ is not your personal tech support forum. Also you gave literally 0 useful facts that could be used to help you.
>>
install gentoo?
>>
>>55534286
But people on here do a better job of being tech than those brown hindu's do. I would pay you people if i could.
>>
I googled "one long four short beeps asus" and a lot of stuff came up. Start there homes.
>>
Read this:
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Full/Installation
>>
>>55534373
bin there, none of those answers served a solution.
>>
>>55534270
Remove the RAM, then put it in stick by stick, boot after every stick you put in.
Usually works for me.

Also, >>>/sqt/
>>
Might be component failure.
Likely your video output source, likely an integrated source soldered into the mobo might be fucked.
Might be worthwhile to test with a dedicated graphics card given there's an available slot.
And this is assuming it's a desktop and not a laptop.
>>
>>55534704
yes it is a desktop
and i do have an additional graphics card installed. maybe the mobo is fucked?..
whats a mobo, motherboard?
>>
>>55534829
>whats a mobo, motherboard?
yes
>>
>>55534270
>Computer beeps, 1 long 4 short.
This is your most important clue, the motherboard's POST beep code. That said, you need to know what kind of BIOS firmware runs on it (AMI, Award, American Megatrend, etc). Once you know this, you can look up what the specific beep code means.
>>
>>55534829
Yes, a mobo is a motherboard.
if you're running a dedicated GPU, remove it and connect it to the integrated video if one is present.
If you don't have integrated video on your motherboard, replace the card with a spare if you have one.
Your symptoms point to a issue with or complete failure of video components.
>>
>>55534979
>if you're running a dedicated GPU, remove it and connect it to the integrated video if one is present.
And by 'it' I mean connection your monitor to the integrated video source on the motherboard, just in case I wasn't clear.
>>
>>55534270
Try removing the battery on the motherboard and rebooting.
>>
>>55534979
This anon is right. 1 long 4 short on most asus motherboards means a hardware component failure, and since you're not getting anything on your display, there's a big chance your graphics card might be fucked.
>>
>>55534415
Funny.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.