[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I fucked?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: dell-inspiron-15s-7000-2.jpg (30 KB, 662x401) Image search: [Google]
dell-inspiron-15s-7000-2.jpg
30 KB, 662x401
>Studying animation in Mexico (inb4 Carlos, I´m not Mexican)
>Want to buy an Asus Ultrabook as my secondary computer for working and gaming
>Phone a Best Buy in America and one of the workers tells me he doesn´t have one but he has a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 which is the ´´same thing´´
>Talk to him about specs, battery life, viewing angles, GPU, etc...
>He tells me everything is pretty much the same and claims it has NVIDIA graphics
>I agree and order it, wait a week for free transportation
>The truck arrives and I happily go to get my package
>Everything seems fine until I open the box and see it has INTEGRATED INTEL HD GRAPHICS..... 520........
>It´s apparently the cheaper model of the one that DOES have NVIDIA 960
>I only have 4 days to return it back to the US since it lasted 10 days to get here

What do I do now anons? Can I work at all with this graphic card? Can I return it to a Best Buy in this country with a scanned or digital evidence of my ticket? Can I upgrade it?
>>
Why the fuck would you buy a laptop from the united states and not simply a graphics card for your desktop?

Nobody does any serious graphics work on a laptop.
>>
>>55531836
Because I don´t have a desktop yet, I bought the laptop because I travel a lot and my other one got fucked.
>>
>>55531855
Well you're basically fucked now.
I don't understand why you would simply trust a tech illiterate minimum wage salesman working at BEST BUY of all fucking places.

And no, of course you can't upgrade it.
>>
>>55531836
And I bought from the US because it was cheaper since I got lucky with free family transportation.
>>
>>55531815
>"I agree and order it"
>trusting a normie at best buy trying to sell you shit
>>
There's 2 day shipping for this reason.
However, it's expensive. I would call in and start shit, but you should be able to get them to send a box to ship it back in at no cost to you.
Actually, why did you make a thread instead of immediately calling back?

>>55531893
stop posting in threads you know nothing about.
>>
This is what happens when you don't get a Chinkpad
Anyways, check your billing, either you were retarded enough to pay without even checking the order was right or they fucked up and sent you the wrong thing
>>
Well, that sucks OP.
Intel's HD graphics have honestly been getting better, even to the point where some people aren't even getting discrete gpus anymore on mini-itx builds and others

However, it still isn't the same as the mobile card.
I would try calling best buy and explaining the situation to see if they'll cut you slack, but to be quite honest you probably won't have any luck.

PS: you know you could have bought a w520 or used dell precision workstation for half the price, right?
>>
>>55531977
Yeah, I´m actually confused why a laptop this expensive would have an integrated graphics card, do you think I can do anything at all with this? At least until I save up for a desktop?

>>55531940
I will do it, my dad has the ticket although I´m not sure if you can claim such thing when the only evidence of his lie or misunderstanding was via cellphone.
>>55531949
I´ll try to get a hold of that billing tomorrow, as I said, the only evidence to be found would be via the cellphone registry although I didn´t record anything, it´s most likely a lost case.
>>
>>55531815
>Studying animation

Stopped right there. Allocate your time better OP
>>
>>55531815
>Studying animation in Mexico
>I´m not Mexican
>>
>>55532337
>Doesn´t know about acquired nationality.
>>
>>55532061
they may have recorded the call, but I wouldn't bet on it.
You should be able to refund it, at the very least.
>>
File: 1463696201464.jpg (31 KB, 680x365) Image search: [Google]
1463696201464.jpg
31 KB, 680x365
>>55532384
>having mexican citizenship
>>
>>55531815
you don't do anything you dumbass, your graphics are fine. just add some ram to the integrated gpu and you'll be fine

or get an external gpu if you have a usb 3.1 port or one of those thunderbolt things.
>>
>>55531815
Call manager and file formal complain against him. Make sure they cover return shipping.
>>
>>55532407
>Doesn´t know about foreign students
>>
File: maximum over lel.jpg (379 KB, 1111x597) Image search: [Google]
maximum over lel.jpg
379 KB, 1111x597
>>55532440
>studying in mexico
>>
>>55532422
this

/ig/ for life nigger
>>
>>55532440
>being so poor you have to pay your tuition in tacos
>>
File: 1449613614955.jpg (25 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
1449613614955.jpg
25 KB, 460x288
>>55531815
>>Phone a Best Buy
>>
File: eatshit.gif (444 KB, 500x240) Image search: [Google]
eatshit.gif
444 KB, 500x240
>>55532445
>Cheap schools with Spanish, British and French teachers
>>
File: 1443703629587.gif (897 KB, 800x430) Image search: [Google]
1443703629587.gif
897 KB, 800x430
>>55532445
>>studying
>>
>call store wanting to buy a laptop
>employee outright lies and sells you a shit laptop
>only have a short time to send it back or you can no longer get a refund
America, Land of the Free.
>>
>>55532514
If he was in america, he could simply drive to BB and complain.
>>
OP is a faggot. I bet you his unit has NVIDIA and he is too stupid to realize it.
>>
>>55531815
Trust me never ask the a (((Best Buy))) (((employee))) about computers. They'll tell you that a gaming pc that looks badass but has r7 240. They steal your shekels you they wanted too, research before you buy
>>
>>55531893
>pic related is how best-boob employee described laptop over phone
>>
>>55531815
>ordering laptop by phone

kek.
>>
>>55531815
You don't have to return it. They haven't sent the product you asked for if you've explicitly asked for or been told it has an nvidia GPU, and the product is therefore legally considered a gift, and the company is legally obliged to either give you a refund or send a product that does match what the service guy said; most likely the former.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.