[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright faggots mullvad is suddenly shit and won't connect
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1468080734968.jpg (1 MB, 1536x1994) Image search: [Google]
1468080734968.jpg
1 MB, 1536x1994
Alright faggots mullvad is suddenly shit and won't connect properly for whatever reason so lets have a thread about VPNs.

What are some good VPN services?
>>
>>55531504
source first
>>
File: 1467644285423.jpg (199 KB, 1185x1404) Image search: [Google]
1467644285423.jpg
199 KB, 1185x1404
>>
>>55531504
For pirating go P.I.A.
FYI you are already pwnt by a government body.
TOR is dead (one bad node infects the bunch, multiple bad nodes fucks everyone and the only people with $ to host is govt bodies).

For securing your own connection to the internet at a public gateway, make your own VPN server to connect to:
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-an-openvpn-server-on-ubuntu-14-04
>>
>>55532586
you dont know shit, boy
>>
>>55532586
>use a company located in the USA unironically
Nice try, Obama
>>
>>55532586
forgot to add:
>pwnt by a government body
all you are doing with a VPN is avoiding your ISP. Any government has the money to put good tech + people up to catch you though. Keep this in mind that the only true way to go anon is to full stack custom software- IE libreboot + GNU/GNU + linux || code your own OS+drivers- (if you wrote it, you know its safe)

If you host your own VPN server, bear in mind that you are the sole entity responsible for that server's behavior (if you pirate from the VPN tunnel, it can be tracked to the VPN server which is tied to your server account with digitalocean or host of your choice). This is also a good point to realize when considering 'cloud' storage-- a legal warrant is not necessary for obtaining information from your server as a shared hardware hosted-VM on the part of digitalocean, or rackspace, if not renting the equipment, is considered a 'public' server.
>>
>>55532595
I'll consider what you have to say, but I see no point listed after the shitpost.

>elaborate.
>>
>>55532670
LOL, go away and pretend to appear smart elsewhere, you fucktard child.
>Recommends PIA
>Tor is dead

Ya fucken moron.
>>
>>55532742
This isn't like I am namefagging or trying to super-impose myself. I gave you room to offer real criticism. You must be getting a hard-on, lol.

I think OP and the readers frequenting the thread just want a couple take home points:
>VPN that does not keep logs of any sort
>VPN that expresses how legal action is taken explicitly and dealt with when subpoena is made
>VPN that changes or routes DNS to the VPN's DNS

>note that multiple VPN interfaces or software can interfere with eachother.(remove one before adding another- some VPN services offer scrubbing tools for this)
>your only really avoiding your internet service provider and any company that is attempting to track you.
>reminder that the safest place for sensitive data is to keep it offline completely.

Also Glasswire is a good tool for monitoring the change. There is a free edition that will notify you when the DNS servers have changed. This is good in the event your VPN drops out. Linux or GNU offers very robust CLI tools for this I am sure these users are aware of or can script to cron every so often.
>>
>>55531504

Had PIA for several years. Because of slow/disconnect issues, giving Nord a try.

>>55532653
God I envy real tech nerds who can do this. The only way to have any real privacy.
>>
>>55533024
You pay for your time saved, and time is money.
Check sourceforge.deals every so often for a good VPN deal.

It sounds like you are using it pretty frequently anon. May be good to see where their available servers are before investing if high-speeds are a must.

Decent way to do it is see if enough searching yields an IP for a server central to your location for your desired VPN service.
Use a ping tool in your OS, it can be command prompt or bash, and specify the packet size when pinging. Check the miliseconds in the reply back. May be good to consider your connection method as well ( IE: your connection from your , to your router or switch, then modem). You never know if an ISP has QoS or router has QoS that impacts your service: in other words; every network is different due to devices established. Your own network impacts performance more than the ISP.
Hours of planning can save days of frustration I suppose but again time is money, man. Quick solution is good router, good internet, and a no-log mainstream VPN:

take this article with a grain of salt but if you need a TLDR these guys seem to have a good list of mainstream options that meet an OK criteria:
https://torrentfreak.com/vpn-anonymous-review-160220/
>>
>>55531504
She seems like a great Christian
>>
>>55531520
http://imgur.com/a/Bkws8
learn2google
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.