[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so how the hell do I install Nvidia drivers on Ubuntu 16.04?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
so how the hell do I install Nvidia drivers on Ubuntu 16.04?

I've already followed these steps (http://www.webupd8.org/2016/06/how-to-install-latest-nvidia-drivers-in.html) to no result, leading to a black screen causing me to enter recovery mode and purge the drivers.

I've also tried editing grub with nomodeset but the result is the same.

anyone knows how to fix this?
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>55528617
People say Secure Boot messes up the Nvidia driver, try disabling and reinstall the drivers.
BTW are you running 16.04?
>>
>>55529014
yea running 16.04
>>
linux drivers for nvidia cards are absolute garbage, ive been trying to get this 750ti working on 16.04 for 2 hours now and so far these are the results:
>first bootup after plugging in card, artifcating all over the place
>changing to 364 drivers, complete system toasting
reinstall ubuntu
>move to 341 drivers, complete system toasting
install mint
>free drivers on mint have worse performance than my gt430 had
>move to proprietary drivers, acpi pcc probe failed

fuck this shit
>>
>>55528617
Install Fedora, much easier to install nvidia drivers
>>
>>55529219
I'm new to Linux and desu I don't care that much about the driver since I have a W10 boot for gaming but it sort of pisses me off not being able to make things work anyway
>>
>>55528617
I was never able to get Nvidia drivers working on Ubuntu. I had some success with mint. But, installing them in arch went flawlessly. Having secure boot disabled made no difference.
>>
>>55529172
>linux drivers for nvidia cards are absolute garbage
Better than AMD. I feel sorry for the anons out there who have to suffer through that shit.
>>
>>55529241
I was new to Linux when i installed the Nvidia driver on Fedora - that's how easy it is.

Just follow the guide step by step, and don't fuck it up.

Unbuntu is fucking gay btw, use any Distro other than Ubuntu
>>
>>55528617
Laptops can be a real p.i.t.a. You're on your own son.
>>
>>55529286
cba just installed ubuntu last month
>>
>>55529411
Fucking hate people with your kind of attitude. Have a brother like this.

Fine, stay with Windows. Don't want you shitting up the community anyway.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.