[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which operating system should I dual boot with macOS? I tried
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: overview_osx_hero.jpg (141 KB, 1095x640) Image search: [Google]
overview_osx_hero.jpg
141 KB, 1095x640
Which operating system should I dual boot with macOS? I tried RemixOS but the WiFi didn't work and there was no fix so it didn't work.

Linux? Windows? What should I boot?
>>
Why are you asking /g/, pick the one you like best
>>
>>55526672
I've only ever used Windows and OSX and I don't want to get Windows if I have it on my desktop.
>>
FreeBSD. duuh.
>>
>>55526595
TempleOS
>>
I'm in charge here
>>
>>55526595
Do you really need to ask /g/ that question? I mean, if you want to dual boot another OS with macOS then I just assume that you have very specific needs.
>>
gentoo
>>
Ubuntu seems to work pretty well out of the box. You'll only need to enable proprietary drivers for WiFi to work, and you're set.

Of course, expect your battery to last half as long and for your Mac to get a lot hotter, but it'll work.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.