[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cryptomator
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: cryptomator.png (296 KB, 1353x985) Image search: [Google]
cryptomator.png
296 KB, 1353x985
What's your excuse not to be using Cryptomator yet?

https://cryptomator.org/
https://github.com/cryptomator/cryptomator
>>
>>55519526
fuck off shill
>>
>>55519555
>completely open and free software
>shill
>>
How does this software benefit me?
I create an encrypted .rar and i upload that
>>
Report and hide.

>>55519569
Open source software is not free software.
>>
I don't cloud
>>
>>55519569
>posting ads on an imageboard isn't shilling
>>
>>55519526
>it's a shitty app, not fuse filesystem
>webdav cant into large files
>no security audit
I'd better use encfs/sparcebundle and then move to cryfs/infinit.
>>
>>55519526
GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY BOARD
>>
>>55519575
It is free in all senses, cocksucker. Go back to your terminal and enjoy your friendless life.

>>55519574
You don't need to keep encrypting each of your files. You use folders and files normally and they are encrypted automatically, but only with your master password you can use them again (in any system).

>>55519632
It's not made for "large files" (i.e. piracy), faggot. It's made for documents and other things normal people may want to backup.
>>
>>55519583
The files are encrypted locally. Uploading it to a third-party service is optional and something you have to set up manually. You can still use it to keep your documents and other sensitive data.
>>
>>55519793
>It's not made for "large files"
The point, dingus, is that the whole cloud folder should appear to the service provider as a single file if you don't want them to be able to tell what it is you're storing there, which is the point of encryption.
>>
>>55519793
>It is free in all senses

https://github.com/cryptomator/cryptomator/tree/develop/LICENSES

>no GPL

It isn't
>>
>You don't need to keep encrypting each of your files

Why can't I just put the files I want to encrypt in a folder and then encrypt the whole folder ? :^)
>>
>It's not made for "large files" (i.e. piracy), faggot. It's made for documents and other things normal people may want to backup.

large files == piracy ?

I see that OP is one of (((them))).

What if I want to backup, as a normal person, the several GBs ISOs of some of my favorite operating systems ? Is that being an evil pirate ?

Fucking jew
>>
>already selling stickers

It's like you want everyone to know that you're a jew. You should learn more, merchant, you'll have to be more vicious if you don't want to get discovered.
>>
>>55519939
>closed source imageboard
>>
>A shill thread gets 10 replies and bumped to the top page.

Report, hide.
>>
>>55519526
I really like this software.
Would recommend it!
>>
File: 42272371.jpg (12 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
42272371.jpg
12 KB, 184x184
https://github.com/cryptomator/cryptomator/blob/master/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md

>they have a fucking code of conduct
>"a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, level of experience, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation."

OP is a SJW, and a fat aussie communist jew transnigger
>>
>>55520003
>Aphex Twin sticker

huh
>>
>>55520008
We are talking about YOUR software, kike.
>>
>>55520030
Its right though.

>>55520029
This. The software is really good. I really like it.
>>
>>55520038
>implying I just not here to trigger stallmanist /pol/ posts

Pretty funny when (((rms)))
>>
>>55519939
>It isn't
those all seem to be free software licenses.
While I agree that a copyleft license may be favorable, it isn't a necessary criterium for freedom at all.
>>
>>55519526
I'm already using Boxcryptor.
>>
>>55519922
>the whole cloud folder should appear as a single file
That's fucking stupid and wholly unfriendly to the user. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>55520178
How do you even program when you're so bad at reading comprehension?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.